Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Phenix Rising posted:

So at WrestleCircus tonight the Rachel Ellering/Christi Jaynes match was a weird mess that ended with an even weirder rollup and Rachel just booking it out of there. Anyone have the SCOOPZ on what the hell is up there?

I have no idea, but it almost seems like Christi might have been in no condition to wrestler ala Sting/Jeff Hardy? Either that or Christi just didn't wanna do what was planned. Very odd either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

DM Punk posted:

I have no idea, but it almost seems like Christi might have been in no condition to wrestler ala Sting/Jeff Hardy? Either that or Christi just didn't wanna do what was planned. Very odd either way.

Yeah, that could be. Usually she's way more animated and she just seemed off. Definitely strange.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Skunkrocker posted:

I'm attending Scenic City Invitational right now, hanging at the hotel. Matt Riddle is a cool dude. Any other goons here? Definitely some goony looking fucks.

Oh poo poo I think I was sitting behind you tonight. Unless there was another dude with a vest that said Skunkrocker.

Gunner vs Riddle and Janela vs Darby were the matches of the weekend

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
I can see now why everybody likes the Young Bucks.

Fast, crisp and very entertaining/charismatic.

Very personable and nice guys to boot.

And oh man can they sell merch lol. It was nuts to see first hand hahaha

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
What's up with the memes of Onita and crew bailing after they got paid and before they did a match last night?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

RealFoxy posted:

What's up with the memes of Onita and crew bailing after they got paid and before they did a match last night?

stop me if you've heard this before

wrestling is full of carnies

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

CZW is the true home of fighting spirit

and amazing wrestlers-posting-on-Facebook takes

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Muddy Burphy posted:

Oh poo poo I think I was sitting behind you tonight. Unless there was another dude with a vest that said Skunkrocker.

Gunner vs Riddle and Janela vs Darby were the matches of the weekend

I SAVED THE DEWS!

Yeah, that was me.

Also someone at the hotel last night name dropped Rovert, that was cool. Super bummed I'm gonna miss SUP tonight but eh... what can you do when you got a day job?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

man onita went deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep on not doing the exploding barbed wire match this time

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Phenix Rising posted:

So at WrestleCircus tonight the Rachel Ellering/Christi Jaynes match was a weird mess that ended with an even weirder rollup and Rachel just booking it out of there. Anyone have the SCOOPZ on what the hell is up there?

Yes

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

thats a ban

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It'll only be a week's probe

See ya in 7 days, friend

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Did he want me to explain?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

If you could be so kind

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

ha ha teacher you see, you said can I and not may I, of course you CAN, yet you may not!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

oatgan posted:

If you could be so kind

Sure.

Jaynes, a green comedy act wanted to have a 50/50 match. While Ellering rightfully wanted 60/40 and 70/30 and even offered to lose to Jaynes in the end. It is reasonable that Ellering would need to look good after losing her title last show to Tessa Blanchard. They went to the ring still not fully agreeing.

When it hit the ring Jaynes panicked as she can't chain wrestle and thought Ellering was going to shoot on her. Then Jaynes started botching. So Rachael just put her over and just rolled out of the ring.

The situation has gotten messier the last few hours. Al and Lexi are very green when it comes to these matters. Currently are incorrectly siding with Jaynes on the situation.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I'm with Her(Rachel)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Mob posted:

I'm with Her(Rachel)

I do too.

Christi Jaynes has a bad rep. For example Inspire Pro Wrestling in Texas, run by a HUGE supporter of women's wrestling won't book Jaynes.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

That's insane. Ellering should have been booked to win anyway but it's nuts that they went out there so unsure of what to do. Really weird feeling in the room the entire time because I don't think there was a single move that wasn't a botch, then lots of standing around talking.

Equally bizarre that WC is siding with Christi.

Also, in the future if someone asks if anyone has the details on something and you do, they also want to know the details and not just a confirmation that you know things. Thanks!

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Phenix Rising posted:

That's insane. Ellering should have been booked to win anyway but it's nuts that they went out there so unsure of what to do. Really weird feeling in the room the entire time because I don't think there was a single move that wasn't a botch, then lots of standing around talking.

Equally bizarre that WC is siding with Christi.

Also, in the future if someone asks if anyone has the details on something and you do, they also want to know the details and not just a confirmation that you know things. Thanks!

It was a goof!

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I am surprised that no one is talking about the Lio Rush spot from last night.

A lot of indy wrestlers have complained about the idea.

https://twitter.com/BulletClubItal/status/894025039791763456

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I can't think of any way that that spot makes sense. If Ospreay and Ricochet killed the business with their spots, Lio Rush took a chainsaw to the corpse.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
http://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/894305713920634880

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
The fact that Lio also ate a Package Piledriver after that and kicked out at 2, then the match ended after the 3rd pedigree and at least 4th WWE reference and a double stretcher job, was complete poo poo

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i'm happy about the no-sell spot because it confirms that lio has in fact always been bad just in time for him to go to the fed

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

rovert posted:

Sure.

Jaynes, a green comedy act wanted to have a 50/50 match. While Ellering rightfully wanted 60/40 and 70/30 and even offered to lose to Jaynes in the end. It is reasonable that Ellering would need to look good after losing her title last show to Tessa Blanchard. They went to the ring still not fully agreeing.

When it hit the ring Jaynes panicked as she can't chain wrestle and thought Ellering was going to shoot on her. Then Jaynes started botching. So Rachael just put her over and just rolled out of the ring.

The situation has gotten messier the last few hours. Al and Lexi are very green when it comes to these matters. Currently are incorrectly siding with Jaynes on the situation.

What? That’s so dumb. I’m With Rachael.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
If he would have did the FIGHTING SPIRIT hulk-up it would have at least looked better

Or maybe if Janela had hooked the leg and Rush kicked out at 1

But yeah standing up like that looks terrible

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Road Warrior Hawk used to no sell goddamn piledrivers

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Blast Fantasto posted:

Hawk was a poo poo seller anyway so it'd make sense if nobody asked him to try

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Blast Fantasto posted:

And it was the insanest poo poo.

The JJ/Lio match was fine for being their shot at creating an epic match. A bit overwrought in spots but the imagery was nice.

So this was the garbled story I got about CZW/Onita:

CZW was talking possibly doing a six man because they were legit worried Tremont was gonna die. Tremont argued out of it and they kept it a singles. Onita sees the poo poo he's gonna have to work with explosion-wise, rebooks the match. Onita and CZW go around for a bit until they agreed on this. CZW was not prepared for the promo at the end. The entire CZW crew marked out for Onita and let him run that place for a night.

coconono fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Aug 7, 2017

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

That CZW undercard loving blew and I doubt I'll ever go to another one of their shows. Too many loving video packages and promos. Too many loving Nazis. That opener was pure garbage aside from Pandita and the Ghetto Strong Style dude's Bandwagonesque trunks.

But the main event was perfect and Onita is the best.

What was Tremont hospitalized for?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

pancreas problems, I'm guessing.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I think the Lio spot is cool. It's CZW and he's wrestling Joey Janella. If there is any place where the spot is acceptable. It's right there.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

SLUM KING posted:

Too many loving Nazis.

Ah, the classic indy problem.

I haven't seen live indy Australian wrestling in a while, but the horrifying homophobia last time sure turned me away.

The_Rob posted:

I think the Lio spot is cool. It's CZW and he's wrestling Joey Janella. If there is any place where the spot is acceptable. It's right there.

The point of wrestling is that it hurts. It just makes a mockery of all wrestling. That spot retroactively makes me enjoy all previous table spots I've seen less.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Wazzu posted:

Ah, the classic indy problem.

I haven't seen live indy Australian wrestling in a while, but the horrifying homophobia last time sure turned me away.

The point of wrestling is that it hurts. It just makes a mockery of all wrestling. That spot retroactively makes me enjoy all previous table spots I've seen less.

It's not like he didn't take the spot though. I bet it hurt like hell. He's just that strong and rad. Also it's loving CZW I've seen some of the dumbest spots I've ever seen in that company. Who gives a poo poo.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
If wrestling hasn't died by all the dumb poo poo that's been done before it it won't die anytime soon. Get over it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/KingRicochet/status/894043487011786752

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Ospreay cut the same promo after the Melbourne City Wrestling show on the weekend so I'm inclined to think he might be legit relocating. He's also working a show in Melbourne in a couple of weeks which Bad Luck Fale is also going to be on.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Testekill posted:

Ospreay cut the same promo after the Melbourne City Wrestling show on the weekend so I'm inclined to think he might be legit relocating. He's also working a show in Melbourne in a couple of weeks which Bad Luck Fale is also going to be on.

Oz is much more convenient for working Japan. I'm guessing he's incredibly beat up physically, so just working Japan and a few Aussie indies and resting up the rest of the time should be great for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

There were ten other things about Lio/Janela that made me mad before the no sell even happened. When he popped up before a 1 count even happened I was back on board. It's good.