Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Hexyflexy posted:

I can't emphasise this enough, it's a must read book.

Any halfway decent used book store will have a copy, and the single-issue New Yorker article is available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

cowboy elvis posted:

The CIA is bad at overthrowing governments

Or they're just blaming the US because it makes them seem justified and legitimate

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Or they're just blaming the US because it makes them seem justified and legitimate

As much as I can believe that I can also believe Trump signing off on a coup because it's something Obama wouldn't do

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
We're easy to blame because we do have a long and retarded history of overthrowing governments

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Proud Christian Mom posted:

We're easy to blame because we do have a long and retarded history of overthrowing governments

Yea, but don't we actually over throw them when we go for it?

pick up the pace
Dec 7, 2009

KildarX posted:

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Cuba is still a thing

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

KildarX posted:

You haven't got the best track record. I can't really complain, I'm English and we're really poo poo at it.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Vasudus posted:

In military health consulting it's about 80/20 in favor of women. It's like bizarro world. It's pretty cool though.

Medical and support fields for medical are notoriously woman heavy outside of Doctors.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

KildarX posted:

Definitely not when it comes to Latin America

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Tweakerville USA

Washington state

I guess we know where 14 INCH DICK went. :(

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Internet Wizard posted:

Definitely not when it comes to Latin America

Maybe not recently but early twentieth century...

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

MA-Horus posted:

Tweakerville USA

Washington state

I guess we know where 14 INCH DICK went. :(

Oh, Inch is back in, planning to bike to Valentine from North Platte, right after he finishes helping some tail get to Burning Man, the absolute best place to be if you're trying to keep drugs from completely taking over your life.

Looks like his cat is OK, though.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

One of my giant regrets is passing on going to burning man back in the mid 90s, my buddy who did go was doing mag dumps from the door of an AN-2 biplane because he made friends with the pilot.

Burning man banned guns shortly thereafter :iiam:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Ever play Fallout New Vegas? Remember that down that was sacked for being corrupt and degenerate? Ya. Nipton. Well here we go.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/06/us/california-town-bought-by-cannabis-company-trnd/index.html

A weed company bought the entire town and is planning on turning it into a weed vacation spot.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Dead Reckoning posted:

Oh, Inch is back in, planning to bike to Valentine from North Platte, right after he finishes helping some tail get to Burning Man, the absolute best place to be if you're trying to keep drugs from completely taking over your life.

Looks like his cat is OK, though.

That cat clearly already has a sharpie.

And if he means a Sir-Marks-A-Lot Jumbo Chisel Tip then HE SHOULD SAY SO instead of ignorantly mislabeling office supplies as "Sharpies".

#notallmarkers

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

ded posted:

Ever play Fallout New Vegas? Remember that down that was sacked for being corrupt and degenerate? Ya. Nipton. Well here we go.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/06/us/california-town-bought-by-cannabis-company-trnd/index.html

A weed company bought the entire town and is planning on turning it into a weed vacation spot.

this place is gonna get more traffic than disney

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Antifa and Trump supporters/DEVGRU cosplayers are currently mixing it up in Portland, nary a cop to be seen at the end of the most recent melee clip:

https://www.pscp.tv/itsmikebivins/1RDxlmpvwvkKL

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

suboptimal posted:

Antifa and Trump supporters/DEVGRU cosplayers are currently mixing it up in Portland, nary a cop to be seen at the end of the most recent melee clip:

:circlefap:

I've said it before, and it's still true: if the dude swinging a skateboard is on your side,

You're on the wrong side.

edit: Skip to 9:40 for violence.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

suboptimal posted:

Peep this fool

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Dead Reckoning posted:

I for one am looking forward to the Dave Goes To Burning Man thread.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

14 POUND MUSHROOMS has a better ring to it

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I list for alt-frog death.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I do not believe that man has a 14" dick. what's his deal, just some druggie scumbag?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
He was big in AI for a while a few years back. Don't really remember much about why.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

maffew buildings posted:

I do not believe that man has a 14" dick. what's his deal, just some druggie scumbag?

He was a pretty cool AI poster who got into a bit of meth to self treat ADHD. He convinced himself that him and his dog were infested by bugs under their skin. AI told him it was probably the meth, but he wasn't having any of it.

Either way he got some help after some goon intervened and seems to be doing better.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He buys lovely cars and entertains ai by getting them running, as well as sharing drama from his mechanic jobs. He used to just drink and smoke weed, then started posting about worms in his skin and eyes and THOSE FUCKIN DOCTORS WON'T LISTEN TO ME and was finding socks everywhere and fired from his mechanic and waddaya know, he's been smoking meth for months! It spiraled into working for biker gangs and wandering through the jungle (a notoriously lovely homeless camp under I5 in Seattle) with the one high point being when he went to Nebraska to try to get a truck running in the fall. I think everyone's out of fucks to give for his situation anymore, it's basically the end of the worst-case goon in the well situation at this point.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Man, I don't know anything about that guy, but if North Platte, NE is a high point than I NEVER want to see low.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

bengy81 posted:

Man, I don't know anything about that guy, but if North Platte, NE is a high point than I NEVER want to see low.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Slim Pickens posted:

He buys lovely cars and entertains ai by getting them running, as well as sharing drama from his mechanic jobs. He used to just drink and smoke weed, then started posting about worms in his skin and eyes and THOSE FUCKIN DOCTORS WON'T LISTEN TO ME and was finding socks everywhere and fired from his mechanic and waddaya know, he's been smoking meth for months! It spiraled into working for biker gangs and wandering through the jungle (a notoriously lovely homeless camp under I5 in Seattle) with the one high point being when he went to Nebraska to try to get a truck running in the fall. I think everyone's out of fucks to give for his situation anymore, it's basically the end of the worst-case goon in the well situation at this point.

Every time I hear the news talking about the jungle in Seattle I hear Axl Rose screaming in my ears WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE BABY YOU GONNA DIIIIIEEEEEE

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Slim Pickens posted:

Yeah it used to be entertaining to watch him keep running various cars through willpower alone but once the meth revelation hit it stopped being funny very rapidly. Someone made a (imo correct) intervention phonecall because it was clear he was in serious poo poo mentally but he just kept on going. Poor guy.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I'm not sure if he's still clean or not, but his posts in recent weeks haven't been the obviously meth-addled craziness they were before.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Apart from this one. :stare:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
It was funny for a bit but at this point he's just becoming another statistic and I'm not really down with reading about it

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

some goon in nebraska let him stay at his place to try and fix the truck until 14 somehow started his Jeep on fire

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

some goon in nebraska let him stay at his place to try and fix the truck until 14 somehow started his Jeep on fire

even after that, the goon let him stay there and continue working on the truck. Honestly 14 was the healthiest and happiest I've seen him in years when he was living in that field in Nebraska working on a lovely old dump truck and driving around an old suburban all day.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
oh poo poo, well if I see that truck out there what should I know about this person?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Don't give him meth.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Valentine NE is directly south of one of the poorest (Rosebud) Indian reservations in the country. Might be the poorest??? But I'm not sure. Anyhow, it's hard to be too down on yourself when all you have to do is drive North of town to find third world levels of poverty and realize that at least you aren't dealing with that directly.

It's not too bad of a place to be though. Kind of a nice little town, and there is a decent bar that isn't overrun with drunk Indians.

Fake Edit: I've had a lot of extended family end up dead and/or in jail thanks to the meth epidemic in poo poo hole Nebraska towns like North Platte and Scottsbluff, so I think it's kind of amusing that somebody would move out there to get away from it.

bengy81 fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Aug 7, 2017

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Donnie, on vacation, has been doing a cheesebrain dump this morning about how much he's supposedly working, not on vacation, fake polls, fake news, etc.

He now is ranting about Senator Richard Blumenthal because Donnie saw him on CNN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
White House renovations! Need to work from the golf course! Fake news! Draft dodgers!

Oh my

The red hat is like an ingrown toenail and it's getting infected.

• Locked thread