Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Mierenneuker posted:

I look forward to the week artist messing up that headpiece every single time.
Edit: Then again not even the weekend artist is consistent, so maybe it is just meant to be perfectly flawed.

The red spiky bits clearly rearrange themselves to reflect her mood. It's highly advanced subterranean fashion technology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Unkempt posted:

The red spiky bits clearly rearrange themselves to reflect her mood. It's highly advanced subterranean fashion technology.
Stole the words out of my mouth.

Tyrannus, a word? You have a wife who willingly wears Kirby outfits and is content with you owning "only" half of the loving mole kingdom. Quit while you're ahead babe.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

I like the posing little guys in front of Tyrannus throne :3:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Wow, Kala is an even deeper cut than Tyrannus. No, they weren't married in the comics. Though she was someone Moleman fought. She and her people were ex-atlanteans. They rule the "Netherrealm" and when she and her people come to the surface, they instantly lose all their immortality and age rapidly. Yes, Kirby had a hand in her creation.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Moleman has a loving Rogue's Gallery. TIL.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

:eyepop: Now thats some kirby fashion

Wedding bells - or a death knell?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Synthbuttrange posted:

:eyepop: Now thats some kirby fashion

"I'm not letting the two of you out of my sight! Mole Man's not putting his stick anywhere until I see a ring on that decrepit old finger!"

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
So mole man wasn't making tyrranus up to get aunt may and this incredibly stupid story is all true?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Newspaper Spider-Man: "this incredibly stupid story is all true?"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
why wouldn't he be telling the truth? tyrannus was a very deep cut, but he did apparently steal all of moley's poo poo a couple of times.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Hemingway To Go! posted:

So mole man wasn't making tyrranus up to get aunt may and this incredibly stupid story is all true?
This is a series where Spiderman defeated a werewolf by projecting the sun in a planetarium, confusing the lycanthropy so much the dude just died instead.

Nothing is too stupid for NSM.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Haifisch posted:

This is a series where Spiderman defeated a werewolf by projecting the sun in a planetarium, confusing the lycanthropy so much the dude just died instead.

Nothing is too stupid for NSM.

God, I've read that arc and my first instinct on reading this post was still "ok no way something that dumb actually happened."

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Aunt May is going to be captured by Tyrannus, then Spider-Man will go to save her only to find that Kala and her are having a nice cup of tea and talking about nephews.

Kala's nephew will be Lenny.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

oh you kids and your modern movie references

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Weekday artist's palm trees are the best palm trees.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
So there is still a chance this suddenly turns into a Runaways crossover.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

So there is still a chance this suddenly turns into a Runaways crossover.

Guess who is Molly going to punch this time.

Seriously, though, I hope they stay in LA a while and have at least Molly be the next team up buddy.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It's pretty obvious Kala's gonna fill the classic Princess Ravonna role in this story, where she's going to end up helping the heroes while still being loyal to the villain she's in love with.

Synthbuttrange posted:

oh you kids and your modern movie references

GIVE ME YOUR CLOTHES - Mole Man on honeymoon

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

The MSJ posted:

Guess who is Molly going to punch this time.

The Amazing Spider-Man's Hollywood Diary: HHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Yeah, no poo poo the crown doesn't rest easy. Have you looked in a mirror?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hm, if it's closer to heaven... I wonder if Asgard is available for weddings.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
cant wait for tyrannus to force mole man in to a chicken run

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008
"an observatory is as near as we can get to heaven"

They literally live in New York which is known for being full of skyscrapers that I'm pretty sure dwarf an observatory as far as elevation.

also this

:ohdear:

Maybe a marriage between a living corpse and a subterranean moleman counts as promoting science

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

"You can't get married here, this is an Observatory, we do SCIENCE here!"

"I'll give you a diamond the size of my fist."

"So, when would you and the beautiful lady wish to be wed?"

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Civic responsibility includes "baiting an ancient roman emperor into the open to fight mole man and his even-more-ancient corpse bride"

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Aunt May is totally the type to takes Horoscopes and Doreen Virtue way too seriously

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Synthbuttrange posted:

Hm, if it's closer to heaven... I wonder if Asgard is available for weddings.

The Amazing Wedding Planner-Man!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

What color's lightning, red? And Aunt Anna was a blonde right?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

What color's lightning, red? And Aunt Anna was a blonde right?

I hope it signals a Thor crossover, what with the new Thor movie coming soon.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Thank you, weekday artist, for giving us not one but two over-the-shoulders of Peter and MJ looking into rectangular frames that you're passing off as tablets.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Every single wall in the Newspaper Spider-Man universe must have a framed painting hanging on it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

Thank you, weekday artist, for giving us not one but two over-the-shoulders of Peter and MJ looking into rectangular frames that you're passing off as tablets.

it looks like they're talking into mirrors or something

also glad to see that aunt anna found the time to visit the fountain of youth during their trip. nice of tyrannus to let her take a dip

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Knormal posted:

Every single wall in the Newspaper Spider-Man universe must have a framed painting hanging on it.

Every wall should have a framed "Lee / Lieber" with the date hanging on it.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

mind the walrus posted:

Well yeah, how else are we gonna know it's a wall?

Tiger
Oct 18, 2012

And you, who are you? This is what we've got, yes. What are you going to make of it?
Fun Shoe

Cabbit posted:

The Amazing Wedding Planner-Man!

Wed of Spider-Man

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I now pronounce you Mole Man and wife.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Tiger posted:

Wed of Spider-Man

Joe Quesada just flipped a desk over.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I like to imagine he did it as reflexively as you or I would flinch at an oncoming punch and his family/coworkers are very confused.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

It's pretty obvious Kala's gonna fill the classic Princess Ravonna role in this story, where she's going to end up helping the heroes while still being loyal to the villain she's in love with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Tyranniwife :allears:

• Locked thread