Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chinatown posted:

every single living thing didnt die in this episode, so it's unimpressive at best

poo poo man, I got some bad news for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKtrWU4zaaI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Entertaining but stupid.

2 weeks from now will be the Eastwatch battle. That should be good. Next week will be more stupid.

I really hope Dany is losing her mind and has to be killed.

I predict one of the final scenes of the show will be either the last dragon or the last two flying away.

Who will rescue Jamie? Bronn? A dragon? He dead?

Also, too many book people being all booky now.

Arya gonna kill baelishginger with that knife.

Brienne and Arya should have killed each other and then Pod should have dick slapped Sansa.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I'm still onboard with whoever suggested that Bran time-warg broke the mad king's mind.

Bran tries to tell the mad king you need to burn the white walkers, but it doesn't work so the mad king just mindlessly utters burn them.

Also Bran is obviously going to warg a dragon. Omnipotent/omniscient characters suck.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
wheres the lesbian sex at

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Chinatown posted:

wheres the lesbian sex at

All the lesbians are dead

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I'm going to watch the dragon scenes again

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Methanar posted:

All the lesbians are dead

This thread monkey's pawed it and a giant stepped on all the lesbians. :smith:

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I hope a giant steps on some more people.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I don't buy two foot tall, 30 pound Aria blocking the tall blonde chick's broadsword with her tiny paperclip of a sword.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

bloom posted:

monkey's paw

triggered

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Littlefinger really is the personification of :smuggo: lately. Arya needs to stick him with that dagger before he turns and runs back to Cersei.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
If Dany told me to bend the knee, I'd tell that bitch to step off!

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I get the plot explanation of why dany doesn't want to burn king's landing to the ground but is it ever really explained why she can't just immediately lay siege to it? Cersei has basically burned every bridge available to her and the only thing keeping people vaguely in line is the threat of their military force (and that's not even working that well) so if they were just met with a way better force (aka the dragons) wouldn't the rest of the kingdoms kinda just go "yeah gently caress her let's try out this new girl".

She's not some sort of charismatic leader people would wanna die for over loyalty or anything. Absolutely no one in the world likes her and the only reason she can even pretend to maintain authority is because people are afraid of what happens if they go against her and lose, once you take that possibility out of the equation it feels like even her own kingdom would revolt.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

The Dennis System posted:

I don't buy two foot tall, 30 pound Aria blocking the tall blonde chick's broadsword with her tiny paperclip of a sword.

It should of ended with Brienne using to much force and accidentally cleaving Arya's face in half.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
That Arya Brienne fight was such bullshit. They had no trouble having her beat the Hound but with Arya it had to be a stalemate so nobody gets upset.

Dragons are kind of overpowered and cheating. Those poor soldiers :(

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Tumble posted:

i like that the dragons fire is pretty much always terrible for people. it isn't sometimes dangerous stuff, its always napalmy death for the people that get caught up in the blast. i feel like sometimes books and movies sorta shrug their shoulders at how the fire-breath works - sometimes it's a sorta like a lit fart and it looks like a gassy cough, sometimes they just show a bunch of tunnels flashing over.

not here though, here the fire fucks people because it consistently behaves like a huge flamethrower. i appreciate that.

Captain Lavender posted:

Man, you can feel bad for Jaime. But - and I mention this a positive comparison and not saying what the show should be - Jaime went through a 3 book transformation realizing he had been used for his body, his skill, his hand. And he realized that Cersei embodied everything about himself that he hated.

The show did this too, but reversed it for no reason I can come up with other than they needed to build some time (and buddy him up with Bronn) before they make him hate her again. And they will! Jaime; before the end, mark my words, will turn on Cersei again.

I'm not bothered that this character was victimized by Cersei. I'm upset that the books found a good way to make him travel that arc; and the show made him backtrack because they don't know how to spin all the plates they put their hands on.

The Protagonist posted:

i was really hoping they'd get her some proper loving dragonriding armor but nope, same dress we saw her in previously

you can tell the newest episode was really good because the guys jacking off while they post about a tv show have returned to the thread.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
The show runners keep trying to convince us that the common folk are really stoked about some chick bringing back dragons. I bet to them it's like someone saying, "Yo dudes, smallpox is back, haha!"

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
"We can't use dragons against King's Landing, it would piss off the common folk and make ruling impossible."

Meanwhile in KL a bunch of peasants hoot and holler while Cersei rides past wearing the pope's scorched head as a hat.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Now that Ser Jorah cured is eczema we can only assume he will be on his way back to assist dear Danny. Maybe next week won't suck completely.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Every character is better in the books, except for Dany. She is just as retarded in the books.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
They kind of stole the ballista scene from the Hobbit. If it was that easy hurt the biggest dragon of the bunch then maybe the natives have a change against the invading hordes of foreigners.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
you dumb idiot fuckers thought ballista was a bad idea against dragons

you morons

you fools

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

My theory is that Dragon's Glass also hurts dragons, and so if you make the giant arrows out of Dragon's Glass you can kill the dragons pretty easily.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
At the beginning of the show I didn't think I'd be rooting for the kingslayer sister fucker to kick white female Jesus's butt, yet alas...

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

No way a horse would charge a dragon.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Bronn and Jamie are... WYLD STALLYNS

Bronn and Jamie's Excellent Adventure

Bronn and Jamie's Bodacious Journey

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
All the resources to make new "cool" armor/uniforms for everyone in my entourage but I still can't make a harness for the drat dragon. Just gonna hold one to these keratin growths . Hopefully he doesn't shed or anything.....I mean how much does anyone know about dragon biology anyway anymore ?

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.

ArmZ posted:

Bronn and Jamie are... WYLD STALLYNS

Bronn and Jamie's Excellent Adventure

Bronn and Jamie's Bodacious Journey

bogus journey dude. bogus

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

:eng99: I blame lack of coffee

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Toadvine posted:

At the beginning of the show I didn't think I'd be rooting for the kingslayer sister fucker to kick white female Jesus's butt, yet alas...

Yeah, I was somewhat surprised to find myself hoping Jamie drives that spear right through her face

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Cheaters never win

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The Dennis System posted:

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

It should of ended with Brienne using to much force and accidentally cleaving Arya's face in half.

Decebal posted:

That Arya Brienne fight was such bullshit. They had no trouble having her beat the Hound but with Arya it had to be a stalemate so nobody gets upset.

Do none of you fuckers understand that they're training and that Brienne doesn't actually want to murder the Princess of Winterfell in front of the Lady of Winterfell, two people who she has sworn her life to?

If they were full on fighting, Brienne is going to win every single time. She did the equivalent of letting your kid beat you up when you're a dad and the kid is 5.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

WampaLord posted:

Do none of you fuckers understand that they're training and that Brienne doesn't actually want to murder the Princess of Winterfell in front of the Lady of Winterfell, two people who she has sworn her life to?

If they were full on fighting, Brienne is going to win every single time. She did the equivalent of letting your kid beat you up when you're a dad and the kid is 5.

You're the guy who named your cat Arya, right?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Women are generally fairly bad at fighting

The best female fighter in the world would not stand a chance against the best male fighter, even if they weighed exactly the same. This can be seen in combat sports everywhere

Logically speaking, it's illogical that Brienne is so good at fighting and beating men

discuss

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

ElGroucho posted:

You're the guy who named your cat Arya, right?

No.

I'm just a dude who gets irrationally upset at people watching the show poorly.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Brienne is lame, and I wish Zombie Catelyn had killed her

murex
Apr 30, 2009

by Lowtax

Zzulu posted:

Women are generally fairly bad at fighting

The best female fighter in the world would not stand a chance against the best male fighter, even if they weighed exactly the same. This can be seen in combat sports everywhere

Logically speaking, it's illogical that Brienne is so good at fighting and beating men

discuss

Good thing this show takes place in Westeros and not whatever disgusting male chauvinist pig world you come from

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
isnt it odd how they just give up the Prince and Princess monikers for Jon's siblings. Actually it isnt odd at all, because the showrunners never gave a poo poo about any of that after season two. And honestly it doesnt really matter. What does piss me off in a very spergy fashion is the fact that the Kings in the North never get to wear a god drat crown.

Euron got to wear his loving wood lookin turd crown, but Robb and Jon dont get the cool-rear end iron and bronze one? WTF?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

ElGroucho posted:

Brienne is lame, and I wish Zombie Catelyn had killed her

Alternatively, she rules. Remember when her and Hound were kicking each other in the nuts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

ElGroucho posted:

Yeah, I was somewhat surprised to find myself hoping Jamie drives that spear right through her face

That shot of Jaime galloping on a white horse through a flaming battlefield was sick as hell