Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
http://i.imgur.com/Rpj40Gl.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

BOOTY-ADE posted:

One of the frustrating things about your letter is that despite rigidly adhering to the rules with this person, you were willing to make an exception for someone else (the person with the concert tickets).

I swear these all have to be fake. Its way too on the nose. Who would actually say "hey I let this one person go to a concert but not this formerly homeless amazing woman who just graduated!"

Its like "I saw an orphanage on fire but I said screw you orphans but then the next day my house caught fire!" like nobody would be that honest about being that much of a dick. You wouldn't include those details.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

BOOTY-ADE posted:

quote:

she was the employee with the lowest seniority

quote:

the six years she worked here

That's a hell of a low turnover rate.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yeah, that was even less believable than the first one.

Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008
Terrible people exist.

Terrible people do not, however, sit around reading advice columns on interpersonal skills. People exist who might ask, "Dear Abby, I punched my wife's teeth out for complaining about my mistress. Can I sue her for divorcing me?" But those people are not avid readers of Dear Abby columns, and presumably not readers anything else that makes zero sense to them.

Phyzzle has a new favorite as of 06:02 on Aug 7, 2017

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.

Phyzzle posted:

Terrible people exist.

Terrible people do not, however, sit around reading advice columns on interpersonal skills. People exist who might ask, "Dear Abby, I punched my wife's teeth out for complaining about my mistress. Can I sue her for divorcing me?" But those people are not avid readers of Dear Abby columns, and presumably not readers anything else that makes zero sense to them.

You'd be surprised.

And this kind of makes me want to dig up terrible people who wrote in to Dear Abby columns.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Aerofallosov posted:

You'd be surprised.

And this kind of makes me want to dig up terrible people who wrote in to Dear Abby columns.

But how do we know that any of those weren't crank ... mails?

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

I want to read them anyway. If someone has a collection, they'd be great here.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Kennel posted:

Germans are really tough on cultural appropriation.
:pusheen:

My dad is Danish and my mom is from Tanzania so Im visibly mixed. Recently I was in Tanzania for my sisters wedding.

So I'm in the smoking area in the airport in Amsterdam and just trying not to drop my cigarette because I'm mad shaking because of my social anxiety. This Danish pair is sitting right infront of me and I'm feeling extra anxious because I don't want to be rude and listen in on their conversation. Then the dude makes a comment about how high and "proper" I'm holding my cigarette. I try to act like I dont even see them and its hella awkward. Then they go on to talk about how few "negroes" they had seen in the airport and that it was unusual for this airport... And then they start to talk about "negroes" in Denmark in general... Not nicely.
Then we get on the plane and because of my social anxiety we usually make sure that Im sitting in the window seat with atleast one of my parents or my younger brother next to me , but it was a short flight and I was feeling spry so I just sat where my ticket told me to sit, at the aisle across from my family.
While I put my luggage in the overhead compartment someone poked me on the shoulder and asked me in the worst Danglish if this was my seat and if they could scooch by. At first I didnt register who they were but I just heard the Danish accent and answered in Danish. The Guy repeats in English and I repeat in Danish and he just goes "Oh... You... you speak Danish". The whole trip he was turned awkwardly towards his lady friend rambling about whatever, avoiding any moment of silence while she just stared silently out the window.

Sarcopenia has a new favorite as of 06:26 on Aug 7, 2017

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
I think it's likely that they're fake. They do seem a little too pat, to neat. That said, it's hard to say for sure because there definitely are people that stupid and oblivious. It's like Poe's Law. It's hard to come up with something so stupid that no one's ever done it. There's always some jackass.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Hfs https://i.imgur.com/3V5AUOE.gifv

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
It doesn't matter if it's fake as long as you enjoyed it.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

Volcott posted:

Or so my girlfriend keeps telling me...

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I don't get it does she have a fake penis?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Volcott posted:

but someone is lying on the internet :qq:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

fake news

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aerofallosov posted:

You'd be surprised.

Would bootleg Dear Abby work?

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Sarcopenia posted:

My dad is Danish and my mom is from Tanzania so Im visibly mixed. Recently I was in Tanzania for my sisters wedding.

So I'm in the smoking area in the airport in Amsterdam and just trying not to drop my cigarette because I'm mad shaking because of my social anxiety. This Danish pair is sitting right infront of me and I'm feeling extra anxious because I don't want to be rude and listen in on their conversation. Then the dude makes a comment about how high and "proper" I'm holding my cigarette. I try to act like I dont even see them and its hella awkward. Then they go on to talk about how few "negroes" they had seen in the airport and that it was unusual for this airport... And then they start to talk about "negroes" in Denmark in general... Not nicely.
Then we get on the plane and because of my social anxiety we usually make sure that Im sitting in the window seat with atleast one of my parents or my younger brother next to me , but it was a short flight and I was feeling spry so I just sat where my ticket told me to sit, at the aisle across from my family.
While I put my luggage in the overhead compartment someone poked me on the shoulder and asked me in the worst Danglish if this was my seat and if they could scooch by. At first I didnt register who they were but I just heard the Danish accent and answered in Danish. The Guy repeats in English and I repeat in Danish and he just goes "Oh... You... you speak Danish". The whole trip he was turned awkwardly towards his lady friend rambling about whatever, avoiding any moment of silence while she just stared silently out the window.

Wow, I can't imagine why you have social anxiety. Sorry people are dicks.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/LQXj8Xo.gifv

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Are you feeling okay? You seem a little horse!

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Sarcopenia posted:

That is the loving worst.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Dunning-Kruger?

I mean, if your question is "Do you really believe someone can be that stupid?" then my answer is "Yes."

Yeah, if it's from the race that brought us: LA Beast, jumping into cactuses, the hot water challenge, drilling a headphone jack into your iPhone, FyreFest and the Emoji Movie, I'll believe people are dumb enough to do anything.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Cats are the worst

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Jippa posted:

That is the loving worst.

Garbage people. IIRC the Danish word isn't so far off that you wouldn't recognize it even not speaking Danish.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

That lawn chair cat catching thing looks stupid. Everyone knows you catch a cat with a blanket.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Sarcopenia posted:

Sorry about the garbage half of your genes... We Danes are trash.

grand_danois
Jan 9, 2005
not a dog irl

gschmidl posted:

Garbage people. IIRC the Danish word isn't so far off that you wouldn't recognize it even not speaking Danish.

Only in spelling. Given the depth of Danish orthography, I'd be surprised if non-Danish speakers recognized it.

What a lovely experience, Sarcopenia. The prevalence and social acceptance of casual racism in Denmark is loving mind blowing, and one of the main reasons I don't think I will ever move back again.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Is it Denmark that has the super racist blackface elf tradition or was that somewhere else?

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Is it Denmark that has the super racist blackface elf tradition or was that somewhere else?

Swart Pete is Dutch.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

dumb. posted:

That lawn chair cat catching thing looks stupid. Everyone knows you catch a cat with a blanket.

Or a chair. Just sit down in a chair for five minutes, stand up and walk around the corner. When you come back the cat will be laying down where you were sitting, and you can just move the chair wherever you want the cat to go.

anchorpunch
Mar 30, 2006
i also want to point out that i am one of the good guys and _not_ racist. unlike all the other white people, who i am not like. they are bad, genetically, unlike me.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Nuebot posted:

Or a chair. Just sit down in a chair for five minutes, stand up and walk around the corner. When you come back the cat will be laying down where you were sitting, and you can just move the chair wherever you want the cat to go.

But moving a sleeping cat is a violation of cat law, isn't it?! Or is that only when the cat is sleeping on me?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

This is a good and cool cat

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Lol at the Danish being racist against anyone.

Danish nonracist: wow, ain't humans great????

Dane who has learned about races: woah poo poo we are the worst clade of human on the planet!!!

Third Dane: what?

* translated from subhuman gollum noises.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogp4SEoJAZA

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

"KEEP IT IN THE CIRCUS!"

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

gschmidl posted:

The spelling is similar "neger" but its pronounced really softly so I dont think white non Danish speakers would understand what it was. My mom was slow to learn danish but she found out real quick what that word and the expletives that would usually follow it meant.

grand_danois posted:

Only in spelling. Given the depth of Danish orthography, I'd be surprised if non-Danish speakers recognized it.

What a lovely experience, Sarcopenia. The prevalence and social acceptance of casual racism in Denmark is loving mind blowing, and one of the main reasons I don't think I will ever move back again.

It was reeeeally bad in the city I grew up in but I moved to a bigger city and it's a lot better here.
I run in a circle of non garbage people who thinks that my other culture is cool and interesting but I still occasionally have to tell strangers not to touch my hair, that it is in fact very uncool and unfunny to make monkey and poo poo jokes about black people and that I would like if they didn't use the neger word around me. They usually want to argue this and get really mad about it and ironically tell me that I'm too sensitive.

It used to be worse but luckily all those muslims (anyone who's somewhat brown) took the heat off of the Africans :downs:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I need something stronger than :stonk: for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wanna slap that dude on the back and run like hell