Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I had probably my most successful night last night. Partnered with Athanatos, we won 3/6 matches we had, and Top 10'd another. The last one was probably my actual best all-around game, with great calls, positioning, and actually killing people. The last game we won to the final final circle, as after I killed one of the final 2 guys, the circle condensed to a tiny spot on the map and the final guy died instantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Zo posted:

lmao yall just got shown up by old man gramps wtf

https://twitter.com/FATAL1TY/status/894338630583320576

Legit good for him, kick their asses old man.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Wherein a teammate founds the PUBG Kerbal Space Program. Liftoff is about 30 seconds in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXpDX8swT0E

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Zo posted:

lmao yall just got shown up by old man gramps wtf

https://twitter.com/FATAL1TY/status/894338630583320576

drat this brings back memories. Now Thresh has to make a comeback and I'm back in high school again.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

Hamelekim posted:

Got my first solo chicken dinner. Feels really good. All of my kills were in the last 5 minutes. I also suck at hitting moving targets, except for motorbikes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64w9WfGO8Cs
A question about when you got shot at about 2:30 - does the location of the blood splatter on the screen tell you where the shot is from? So for example, the blood graphic is on the left of the screen, does that mean you got shot on the left side?

I ask because when you got shot, you start looking to your left, whereas based on the layout of things, I was sure it was from your right, but I noticed the blood pattern on rewatch.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

nachos posted:

drat this brings back memories. Now Thresh has to make a comeback and I'm back in high school again.

What the gently caress ever happened to him, and by extension, Carmack's Ferrari?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
fatal1ty is 36 lol, some old man. He was a child when he was playing quake.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

What the gently caress ever happened to him, and by extension, Carmack's Ferrari?

He claims to be a :airquote: serial entrepreneur :airquote: now.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
Wow, I didn't know I was older than fatal1ty. So he was probably 15 or 16 when he started kicking everyone's asses at quake. Maybe even 14?

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Heh, I forgot about XFire. That thing was cool.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I know a girl that dated fatal1ty a few years back. Shockingly, a famous video game nerd is a bit of a douche when it comes to women.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Two people from that clan did really well. Dennis sold xfire for millions and Jason ended up working for Ziff Davis media on some major projects when I last spoke to him. Not sure what they are doing today but both of them made $$$$$$$ and don't really need to work.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

Verviticus posted:

goons notwithstanding, youre stationary around a wall that he's peeking third person, he had to strafe like two feet and click vaguely at you

edit: the stream gifs are really good tho

Haha thanks, they're actually videos and I can't wait to get even more of them, I need to make them into some GIFs so people can randomly pop them up on stream. I always forget about TPP peeking, I'm so glad to have fpp servers now...

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

Squad play is very cool.

Where are the molotov cocktails? I've only ever seen 1.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Lt_Tofu posted:

Wow, that #5 name...

I killed that guy but can only report people that kill me

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

Philman posted:

Squad play is very cool.

I desperately want FPP squads. I really have no idea why they didn't include that :(

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I killed that guy but can only report people that kill me

Clearly a problem with their system. Embarrassing that racist shitheads can get to the top of the leaderboard without a ban or name change.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I cant believe you guys who are all upset at the number five name are ok with the number three name.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

https://giphy.com/gifs/GZTuUoWiIfFjW/html5

Pubg ragdolls are pretty funny sometimes.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

RizieN posted:

I desperately want FPP squads. I really have no idea why they didn't include that :(

I know! Most of my games are squads so I haven't got to play fpp nearly as much as I wanted to. But I really want to, because once I got a couple shaky first games out of the way, I liked it a lot better. Even with the large amounts of jank it still has, just removing third person cheesing makes an enormous improvement.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Lladre posted:

I cant believe you guys who are all upset at the number five name are ok with the number three name.

Why? This sounds like something dumb.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Got my first crossbow kill! A jump shot, no less :woop:

http://plays.tv/video/59889323560148de8e/crossbow-kill?from=user

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

A question about when you got shot at about 2:30 - does the location of the blood splatter on the screen tell you where the shot is from? So for example, the blood graphic is on the left of the screen, does that mean you got shot on the left side?

I ask because when you got shot, you start looking to your left, whereas based on the layout of things, I was sure it was from your right, but I noticed the blood pattern on rewatch.

It was the sound and the fact that behind and to my right had been cleared. It was mainly sound though.

The bullet passed by clearly on my left. Even the subsequent misses were on my left ear. If it had been right I should have heard it pass both ears.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Did Dr Disrespect get back in PUBG? I remember the uproar when he got banned but it seems like he's still making videos.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

ChesterJT posted:

Did Dr Disrespect get back in PUBG? I remember the uproar when he got banned but it seems like he's still making videos.

He only got banned for a few days.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Yeah it was an temp account ban, he created a new account called GlassWindow and was streaming the next day form it.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Lladre posted:

Yeah it was an temp account ban, he created a new account called GlassWindow and was streaming the next day form it.

with an extra 10-15k viewer boost thanks to the controversey. He was topping out at 30k views per mid day stream but now he's easily hitting 40k+

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Tokubetsu posted:

with an extra 10-15k viewer boost thanks to the controversey. He was topping out at 30k views per mid day stream but now he's easily hitting 40k+

He's not even close to hitting 40k simultaneous viewers, unless you're saying unique view count in which case hes at 140k average or followers per day at under 5k. His stats didn't change that much other than a slight bump in views the days after

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

He's not even close to hitting 40k simultaneous viewers, unless you're saying unique view count in which case hes at 140k average or followers per day at under 5k. His stats didn't change that much other than a slight bump in views the days after

Unless you don't believe twitch's numbers, he has been getting over 40k concurrent viewers.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

willroc7 posted:

Unless you don't believe twitch's numbers, he has been getting over 40k concurrent viewers.

Oh I was just going off seeing him at around 20k at any given time and twitch analytics https://socialblade.com/twitch/user/drdisrespectlive

I've never seen him even over 30k, qtpie, sodapoppin, lirik all don't even get close to 40k concurrent viewers. His peak viewer count ever was 40,939, highly doubt hes getting what you say

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I don't know where you are getting those puny numbers, but the last I heard, there were over 150 million in The Arena.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Hockles posted:

I don't know where you are getting those puny numbers, but the last I heard, there were over 150 million in The Arena.

Is this something he says? I don't really enjoy the gimmick anymore so I dunno what you're trying for here

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
Are you doing a gimmick because I'm really not enjoying your posting.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Yeah, it's a thing he says. I'm not entirely sure what number he is inflating, sorry my jokes aren't always on point. Also like my shooting!

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

willroc7 posted:

Are you doing a gimmick because I'm really not enjoying your posting.

I don't think bad posting is a gimmick unfortunately :smith:

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Just confirming the Discord overlay doesn't work on this game? Tried a few different options but it never shows.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

ChesterJT posted:

Just confirming the Discord overlay doesn't work on this game? Tried a few different options but it never shows.

You only have up to three other teammates to talk to, is it really that hard to remember who's who?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Nfcknblvbl posted:

You only have up to three other teammates to talk to, is it really that hard to remember who's who?

What an odd thing to be a dick about. Actually yes it can get confusing especially if a couple teammates voices sound similar. And even more so if, like me, you don't play with the same 3 people all the time.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Maybe he's deaf, ableist scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

ChesterJT posted:

What an odd thing to be a dick about. Actually yes it can get confusing especially if a couple teammates voices sound similar. And even more so if, like me, you don't play with the same 3 people all the time.

I didn't mean to be a dick about it, I assumed you've developed a bit of a dependence on the overlay with possibly higher player pools like 25 man WoW raids or something.

Introducing yourself to 3 players and playing a couple of games together shouldn't get confusing.

• Locked thread