Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Ramza Enhancements: "Not in the immediate future, but eventually."

...gently caress you gumi, I don't have poo poo for units and have been sitting on Ramza for like 8 months. COME ON. THROW ME A BONE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I had a feeling either the FFXI raid or Nier raid would be this week. Very glad it is Nier.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I can't wait to see what the global exclusive TMs are, now. No way they'll be weaker than the rest of the event stuff, right?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

They confirmed Marie enhancements even though she's not in the pic. I'll have her enhanced and ready for the Marlboro fight as soon as it's live.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Jeez. Big time ticket drop this morning for some Portal app...

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Holy gently caress a rainbow

gently caress my life

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Skyridge posted:

gently caress my life

:rip:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Told you they were going to double 5* the Neir banner. LOL at them doubling up on the 4* slot too. That's loving hilarious. They knew people were going to roll for 9S so they made it twice as hard. gently caress this company for this poo poo.

Also where the gently caress are my Gilgamesh enhancements. loving Marie and RANDI. God dammit. We should all be aware that Ramza(and now Lunera) isn't getting his until Roy hits so there's no surprise there.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Aug 7, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

PaybackJack posted:

Told you they were going to double 5* the Neir banner.

Also where the gently caress are my Gilgamesh enhancements. loving Marie and RANDI. God dammit. We should all be aware that Ramza(and now Lunera) isn't getting his until Roy hits so there's no surprise there.

Roy is three months out according to the JP release schedule. He came after the last story update and Bahamut esper was released.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Ramza' enhancements in JP absolutely trivialized so much content, they were way too good. I don't expect to see him get the enhancements for another couple months.

I will be enhancing my Marie and sharing her for this trial boss, so if anyone needs full status immunity with some wicked support, try her out!

And I'm pretty terrified, I have 40 tickets and 2 11-pulls to do on this banner. I skipped a bunch of pulls on the Veritas banner 'cause I need my waifus. I'm very doubtful I'll walk away from this banner happy though.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

PaybackJack posted:

Told you they were going to double 5* the Neir banner. LOL at them doubling up on the 4* slot too. That's loving hilarious. They knew people were going to roll for 9S so they made it twice as hard. gently caress this company for this poo poo.

Wait, what. RANDI!?! I have one of him!

(Where is this info I don't see it in the app.)

I've also got a shiny new Ludmille, my very first, now that I have all the healers with built-in Dualcast and two Tilliths.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

(Where is this info I don't see it in the app).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HYh_5Et3XQ

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

PaybackJack posted:

It was obvious they were going to double 5* it the second they announced A2. I'm still hoping the second 4* will be in the raid gacha.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
How do Soliel's enhanced dances work?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I was honestly hoping that Nier would be the next raid and not this one to give me more time to accumulate tickets, but oh well.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Nuebot posted:

It was obvious they were going to double 5* it the second they announced A2. I'm still hoping the second 4* will be in the raid gacha.

Nope, it's confirmed on banner.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Skyridge posted:

gently caress my life

Welcome, late stage lightning friend

Lightning is an easy fix, they have to give one of her passives 50% attack (or better yet 30 + 30 if she's dual wielding swords/gs + guns) and extend the hits on crushing blow and its frame times to match other chainers(damage doesn't need to go up that much) Considering how strong an imperil she has and the popularity of units like Sage Sakura she would get a high rating on just those two things.

Very first 5* in the game and she's showing her age horribly in both her initial design and her enhancements.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Aug 7, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

taichara posted:

Scraped up four tickets and what's this, rainbow on the last one?

Lunera.

Was hoping for DV but I think I can work with this.

Think of it like this: If you didn't have Ramza yet you're now covered for when we get the bard enhancements. Her buff's only 90% vs 100% but as I mentioned in a prior post a few days back, Lunera with enhancements is a serious mana battery (and healer) while also providing extremely good buffs via her main song. Hell she can probably do that right now without enhancements, I just haven't had a need to use her yet. (plus who knows when gumi will give us her enhancements, let alone Ramza's)

e: unenhanced, Lunera's song is AoE ~1350 HP Heal w/ 10x Mod while Singing split over 3 Turns & AoE ~30 MP Heal w/ 0.6x Mod while Singing split over 3 Turns. That 0.6x mod s pretty significant amounts of MP when you have even 250 SPR on her. 250SPR is round 1283HP and 60MP per turn IIRC.

BGrifter posted:

They gave an official date for Nier, August 11th at the usual 1am PST reset time. :woop:

Sitting on 101 tickets, a 10+1 ticket, and just under 20k lapis. :getin:

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Aug 7, 2017

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
I'm at 23k Lapis, 98 tickets, 1 4*, and 11 EX tickets. I know I should save for Nier, but I kinda want to take more stabs at DV, even though I have 2 TGCs and pulled 2 EVs, 2 Vickys and 3 TIMMAYs.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Honestly if you already have a TGC your best bet is trying to pull a DV. TGC + DV will be good for ALL CONTENT even 10 mans as your main source of damage. A 9S or 2B wont be nearly as good.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

On the other hand, the Nier units are limited and 2B looks cool so i think I'll go full hog on that anyway

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Oh hey, GL exclusive Marlboro trial. Let's see here: "Type: Plant and Demon." *looks over at Firion, gives slight nod*

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

hamsystem posted:

Oh hey, GL exclusive Marlboro trial. Let's see here: "Type: Plant and Demon." *looks over at Firion, gives slight nod*

And still happy I bought 12 Poaches.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Weren't A2 and Eve announced weeks ago? Why are people so surprised that they're on the banner, did they think Gumi was going to run two split banners for Nier or something?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Weren't A2 and Eve announced weeks ago? Why are people so surprised that they're on the banner, did they think Gumi was going to run two split banners for Nier or something?

People were hoping they'd be added to the gacha raid summon.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
And we just got a demon killer accessory a couple Mog events ago. Might be able to do some pretty hideous damage to this guy.

E: yeah I wouldn't call it "surprised" so much as disappointed that gumi did what most of us expected. Diluting the nier banner sucks when pretty much everyone was gunning for a 9S or two. Have to wait for the full info on the new 5* to see how it stacks up.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Aug 7, 2017

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Hopefully this nier raid has some decent currency summons. No more minitaurs please.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

hamsystem posted:

Hopefully this nier raid has some decent currency summons. No more minitaurs please.

Maybe somebody that played it during the JP release can chime in. Not that they necessarily have to keep it the same.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

CyberLord XP posted:

Minfilia's 100% buffs, partywide.

Randi's enhancements are godlike and put him up there with the best of the rainbow units. If you have him, :toot:.

Varance fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Aug 7, 2017

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

CyberLord XP posted:

It looks like the offense buffs and defense buffs are paired 1turn buffs, so if both offense dances are fully enhanced I think it looks like this:
Turn 1: use atk dance - atk +100%
Turn 2: use mag dance - atk+mag +120%
Turn 3: use atk dance - atk+mag +120%
... And so on alternating between them.

Powerful but limited, since if Soliel does anything else the buffs are gone.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Dana Crysalis posted:

Ramza Enhancements: "Not in the immediate future, but eventually."

...gently caress you gumi, I don't have poo poo for units and have been sitting on Ramza for like 8 months. COME ON. THROW ME A BONE.

at this point it is incredibly obvious ramza enhancements aren't coming until post roy, and i am starting to think it won't even be the immediate enhancements post roy.

Wyrmthang
Nov 30, 2014

As dry as it gets!
Can someone put up their 100% dodge character for Gilgamesh. I am desperate for his bad rear end weaponry and yet I am unable to handle the man himself, I read a while back about this 100% dodge making a fool of the man and then finishing him off with a LB. Is any kind soul available to do so? And perhaps with an open friend spot if I am not already your buddy?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Wyrmthang posted:

Can someone put up their 100% dodge character for Gilgamesh. I am desperate for his bad rear end weaponry and yet I am unable to handle the man himself, I read a while back about this 100% dodge making a fool of the man and then finishing him off with a LB. Is any kind soul available to do so? And perhaps with an open friend spot if I am not already your buddy?

Someone just posted this on reddit if you're still looking: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6s7xv3/gl_gilgamesh_trial_carries/

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012
Daily today spit out my second ever 5* pull (10+1 guaranteed Lightning is not to be mentioned).. FRYEVIA!

We're finally in the big leagues folks. 20 Needle Moogles lighter (Saved due to eternal optimism) and a raft of Inguses on the treadmill. Absolutely no synergy with my Ace but I really don't give a drat.

Bring on this poo poo Nier banner, I can dump everything on it and still be happy.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Wyrmthang posted:

What's your friend code? I can throw a Noctis up if you still need it. Or just send me an invite: 827 538 035

hamsystem fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Aug 7, 2017

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
poo poo, do we know what crysts Randi's enhancements will need? I thought I could finally take a break from this event, but I've spent the last 6 months or so hearing about how amazing his enhancements are and I need to grab poo poo while it's available.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

its safe to assume that it is going to be power and support

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

hamburgers in pockets posted:

poo poo, do we know what crysts Randi's enhancements will need? I thought I could finally take a break from this event, but I've spent the last 6 months or so hearing about how amazing his enhancements are and I need to grab poo poo while it's available.

Hope you've been saving, gonna have to dig deep...

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units/330

Wyrmthang
Nov 30, 2014

As dry as it gets!
Just sent your a request Ham, thank you very much!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Fuzz
May 3, 2009

So over the past week and a half or so, five rainbows happened, putting a sudden end to my lack of chainers.

I may have used up the world's supply of luck. Sorry about that. I didn't even pull all that much.

• Locked thread