Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Not enough pouches.

Suck it Lurd. Low-hanging fruit gets picked first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Not nearly enough pouches.

E:f,b

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Feet and pouches taken uh NICE STRAIGHT SPINE YOU GOT THERE AND RIBCAGE THAT WOULD ACCOMMODATE ALL YOUR ORGANS.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Legit.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I can't see his teeth. Are there hundreds of them, all crookedly mashed together?

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
A Rob Liefeld cinematic universe, god drat.

Havoc904 posted:

James Gunn released the music video that the cast did for GOTG2!

https://www.facebook.com/jgunn/videos/328536824240603/

This makes me sad Marvel doesn't have the rights to Dazzler and Lila Cheney.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
That gun is way too small.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

No shoulderpad??

#NotMyCable

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

David D. Davidson posted:

That gun is way too small.

You have to allow for its character arc.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I will have to see it in motion to see if his left eye flashes in one scene and his right eye flashes in the next scene, and only then can I decide if it is faithful to Liefelds creation.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Don't know much about Cable but that looks drat good.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Star Lord is finally free to pursue Alyssa Milano.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/chris-pratt-anna-faris-announce-033500576.html

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Why does Deadpool 2 seem to hate color so much? :(

I'm expecting Deadpool to get a new costume that's also brown and lifeless.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Jamesman posted:

I was really hoping they'd at least give Cable a blue shirt.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Jamesman posted:

Must be the new director's influence.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I will loving go wild if every single shot of Cable is framed so that his feet are juuuust out of frame or obstructed by rocks or smoke or whatever holy poo poo can you imagine if they did that

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Calaveron posted:

I will loving go wild if every single shot of Cable is framed so that his feet are juuuust out of frame or obstructed by rocks or smoke or whatever holy poo poo can you imagine if they did that

Now I will be massively bummed if this doesn't happen.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

JordanKai posted:

I was really hoping they'd at least give Cable a blue shirt.

Lurdiak posted:

Must be the new director's influence.

Don't get me wrong. I think the designs of Cable and Domino, as characters, is loving great. I just wish their costumes had a little more going on.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I would be just as happy if the first shot of Cable is a ridiculously long shot of just his feet.

Like, a whole, dialogue-heavy scene where all you see is his feet.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Phylodox posted:

I would be just as happy if the first shot of Cable is a ridiculously long shot of just his feet.

Like, a whole, dialogue-heavy scene where all you see is his feet.

I don't think Tarantino is directing this.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

I will not apologize for this.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Now make his gun look like a giant toaster with plasma holes

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

You should've swapped the robot eye too.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

So, I wonder what's going on with the teddy bear.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

X-O posted:

I didn't notice that!

Probably a reminder of...Hope? Was that the Summers girl he had with him in the future?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

X-O posted:

Me too. Makes me think this version of Cable might have already lived through the events of Messiah War.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The bear was just about the very first thing I noticed. Besides the Cable/Deadpool series my favorite thing involving Cable was the series with Hope so I kind of want it to be a reference to that.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Yeah the bear threw me off, but I instantly thought it was a Hope reference.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
That is pretty great. The first thing I noticed was the teddy bear. Glad to know it potentially has meaning and isn't just lolrandom. I just caught the last bit of Deadpool on TV yesterday and it's still pretty great.

RE Age of Ultron: I don't get it. I've seen it multiple times and I still can't pinpoint where people turn against it. I have fun with it every time. The only MCU movie I can really think of that I just flat do not want any parts of is IM3. And even that movie wasn't awful to me, just not for me in any way.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

SonicRulez posted:

RE Age of Ultron: I don't get it. I've seen it multiple times and I still can't pinpoint where people turn against it. I have fun with it every time. The only MCU movie I can really think of that I just flat do not want any parts of is IM3. And even that movie wasn't awful to me, just not for me in any way.

Age of Ultron is a bunch of fun/interesting stuff (and a few not-so-good bits) mashed together in a way where it doesn't really mesh into a coherent whole. It's fun to watch, but it doesn't really add up to a movie. Given a few more script revisions, it would have been much, much better.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

SonicRulez posted:

For me, part of the problem was that Mad Max Fury Road came out a week or two before, and Ultron really suffered in comparison.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

howe_sam posted:

For me, part of the problem was that Mad Max Fury Road came out a week or two before, and Ultron really suffered in comparison.

Yeah, Ultron was a perfectly nice lightbulb it just came out next to a spotlight.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

SonicRulez posted:

I didn't have any problem with AoU either and don't get the hate.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Madkal posted:

I will have to see it in motion to see if his left eye flashes in one scene and his right eye flashes in the next scene, and only then can I decide if it is faithful to Liefelds creation.

Yeah, I was going to ask if the glowing wasn't usually on his scarred eye.

Also, while the gun is ridiculous, I don't see it capable of firing VIPER BEAM VIPER BEAM VIPER BEAM VIPER BEAM HYPER-VIPER BEAM!

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

BiggerBoat posted:

I didn't have any problem with AoU either and don't get the hate.

It was good, but it could have been a lot better.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Aug 7, 2017

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The first half of the movie is fine, if a bit tedious. My problem with the film is that it slows to a crawl and becomes incredibly boring once they get to Sokovia. The final battle was just plain bad and feels really low-stakes. Quiksilver's death elicits little more than a shrug and that was a common reaction among the folks I saw it with. I can't stand the forced Hulk/Widow romance either, Ruffalo and Johansson have zero chemistry and their scene at Hawkeye's house is laughably bad. For a movie that's supposed to be a huge event within the MCU, it feels like one of those filler issues written by a c-lister that editorial inserts into the middle of someone else's run.

It's also a really ugly film without any memorable shots or production design. The party scene (pre-Ultron) is the only part of the film I genuinely enjoy.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The Black Widow/Hulk romance was such a baffling misstep.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not well-up on the old Hollywood accounting but is it possible at the moment that Homecoming will fall short of ASM 2's worldwide box office total?

Seems like it's been a bit of a soft year for blockbusters, but maybe last year (which had Civil War, Rogue One, Finding Dory, Zootropolis etc.) was just abnormally good. At this rate, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if The Last Jedi underperforms (by the standard expected of it, of course; it'll still be a very successful movie just by virtue of being new Star Wars).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

The Black Widow/Hulk romance was such a baffling misstep.

Didn't it piss off the Russo's? Like, they had a Hawkeye/BW thing planned and they were kind of blindsided by it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Rhyno posted:

Didn't it piss off the Russo's? Like, they had a Hawkeye/BW thing planned and they were kind of blindsided by it?

I don't think so.

But Kevin Feige basically disavowed it and Joss Whedon publicly complained about him disavowing it.

• Locked thread