Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will earn the Iron Throne
Jon Snow / Stark (Targaryen)
Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen, Breaker of Chains, Mother of dragons, etc. etc. etc.
Cersei Lannister
Cersei's corpse after getting backstabbed by Jamie
Hodo...wait, nevermind.
Zombie Mountain
Arya / Hound spinoff series
Checkbox
View Results

• Locked thread
Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
dany is a bad character and i was really hoping she was gonna eat poo poo when the dragon got hit

but alas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

No, no--if we've learned anything, it's that whoever has air supremacy are by definition the good guys.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Boy that sure is a deep river shore.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

ded posted:

And that's the thing that drives me nuts the most.

Probably the best show on TV if you want ok plot development with decent special fx, tits and violence, but it all falls apart the minute you start thinking about it on a level deeper than "OOOH PRETTY EXPLOSION"

pick up the pace
Dec 7, 2009

bengy81 posted:

Goddamn that was awesome.

Also, Dany is pretty much the best worst character right? Is it because what's her name is a bad actress or because she's had zero character development?

In the books we left her making GBS threads uncontrollably in a field so it's pretty consistent with her character

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

bengy81 posted:

And that's the thing that drives me nuts the most.

Probably the best show on TV if you want ok plot development with decent special fx, tits and violence, but it all falls apart the minute you start thinking about it on a level deeper than "OOOH PRETTY EXPLOSION"

Too be fair its plausible. You can have pretty deep water even at a shoreline sometimes. But usually it involves a cliff.

The best part was Bran telling Meera "good luck, have fun". All the poo poo she went through for him and thats the reaction she gets.

Can't believe she didn't at least dump his cripple rear end out of the wheel chair.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/DrForester/status/894390928131014657

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Aug 7, 2017

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

ded posted:

I laughed so hard at that, how loving ridiculous. If you're gonna kill Jamie, kill Jamie, if not, don't go with something that dumb.

Good job burning the food, Dany.

Episode still owned. If fleets, armies and main characters teleporting around and deus ex machina is the price for getting something really cool in every single loving episode, I'm good with that, tbh.

Also, Emo-bran is really off-putting

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Victor Vermis posted:

Jamie rightly should've gotten toasted on that charge, but that moment was great because if you didn't know where your allegiances lay prior to it, you did as soon as he lowered that lance.

gently caress the Dragon Queen.

I was thinking "does this dumb mothersisterfucker really think he's gonna stab Dany while her 90 ton baby is next to her?"

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Yeah, wasn't Dany just complaining that she couldn't feed her armies after the sack of the Reach? Eh, who gives a gently caress: that episode owned.

(Jamie died because he fell into 30' deep water in full plate, with a gold hand.)

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Aug 7, 2017

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He's not gonna die, bronn will pull him out, coughing up water on a river bank a safe distance away, so he can still run a sword through his sister not that sword

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Euron's going to show up in a row boat and save him.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Victor Vermis posted:

Euron's going to show up in a row boat and save him.

i would legit stop bitching about the teleporting fleet if euron's flagship showed up right now

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah that's how you make an episode, it had it all. But lol no on gonna take out the guy in the big turret?

Also whoever was on watch getting loving NJP'd

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Actually now that I remember, I did have the intial thought of "Well I mean the Dothraki are going to attack but they're not going to burn the grain convoy cause Dany said she didn't want to cause civilian casualties"

And then Highway of Death Mark .5 happened.

Don't care, poo poo was awesome.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The show doesn't have time to burn on creating plausible timelines. We either get the insane pace of this season, or this poo poo started a season ago and they drag their feet.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Madurai posted:

No, no--if we've learned anything, it's that whoever has air supremacy are by definition the good guys.

Its this...

Also dragon fire sometimes turns men and armor to ash, sometimes just sets them on fire.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

M_Gargantua posted:

Its this...

Also dragon fire sometimes turns men and armor to ash, sometimes just sets them on fire.

Dragons breathing fire is really just them burping so it makes sense like you get those crappy little burps then you get a loving monster one cause you just slammed a beer

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

M_Gargantua posted:

Its this...

I think that's more direct hits vs being nearby.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Draaaagon fiiiree sticks like glue

sticks to the women and the children too

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

So was Littlefinger trying to drive Bran towards suicide or did I miss something completely

They made a big deal of his giving the dagger to Arya.

I cannot tell if it's mostly his character or the actor but his holier than thou smugness is annoying

I forgot the line but there was a part when he talked about how he wasn't a Stark. Yes I know three eyed raven etc but they also seemed to place importance on that line. Isn't he possibly someone reincarnated or was that Jon Snow being Jon the Builder? I don't remember all that three eyed raven lore poo poo, should have found another angle with the dumb children of the forest or w/e and their plasma grenades

Oh yeah and Khaleesi still mostly sucks. Those cave paintings were very spooky

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Meera kindof explains it. Brandon Stark stopped existing in bloodraven's cave up north. Now he is essentially bombarded with everyone's past all at once anytime he encounters them.

And he wasn't saying that he wasn't a stark, but rather that he's not Lord Stark and cannot be. He's not reincarnated, but he's basically westeros wikipedia now

Littlefinger was just trying to get on Bran's good side because he's trying to worm his way into the stark's affections. He wants to bang sansa and take over everything and 100% of actions are moves towards that end. I enjoyed bran spooking the gently caress out of Baelish with the "chaos is a ladder" callback. Likewise I liked Sansa's reaction when Bran confirmed that Arya is a serial murderer.

Bran giving the dagger to arya is multifaceted. First, it's part of the general callback motif of this episode and this season in general. Almost every single scene had multiple callbacks to previous things. In this case, Arya is getting a weapon from her brother like when Jon gave her Needle. Plus it's a tool to move chekovs icezombie killer into the hands of someone who could use the weapon in the war to come.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

He's basically Dr Manhattan without a giant glowing blue penis or any of the cool destructive powers

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Mr. Nice! posted:

Meera kindof explains it. Brandon Stark stopped existing in bloodraven's cave up north. Now he is essentially bombarded with everyone's past all at once anytime he encounters them.

And he wasn't saying that he wasn't a stark, but rather that he's not Lord Stark and cannot be. He's not reincarnated, but he's basically westeros wikipedia now

Littlefinger was just trying to get on Bran's good side because he's trying to worm his way into the stark's affections. He wants to bang sansa and take over everything and 100% of actions are moves towards that end. I enjoyed bran spooking the gently caress out of Baelish with the "chaos is a ladder" callback. Likewise I liked Sansa's reaction when Bran confirmed that Arya is a serial murderer.

Bran giving the dagger to arya is multifaceted. First, it's part of the general callback motif of this episode and this season in general. Almost every single scene had multiple callbacks to previous things. In this case, Arya is getting a weapon from her brother like when Jon gave her Needle. Plus it's a tool to move chekovs icezombie killer into the hands of someone who could use the weapon in the war to come.

Also it's a necessary step towards arya/hound murdertrain in wight land

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

I enjoyed bran spooking the gently caress out of Baelish with the "chaos is a ladder" callback.

gently caress I couldn't understand him and I even rewinded multiple times so thanks (subtitles don't work on the poo poo app on my TV)

Guess I missed the mark with the suicide thing

I'm still confused about the Sansa vs. Littlefinger thing. It's heavily implied they're both onto each other and trying to pull a fast one on the other but I still don't know wtf. Yeah sure we all know Littlefinger is shady as hell

Also reminded me of one of the best scenes of the show. Was so great watching that dude holding the banner charging in to that musical score

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WlH4E64M28

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Watching Tormund turn around and kill the dude that was on the verge of killing him right when you hear the Vale showing up was pretty gratifying.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Who was saying the Dothraki were gonna get steam rolled by armored knights. Granted, they were on foot..

And the Dothraki had dragons, but I digress

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Ser Davos continues to be one of the best characters and his correcting Jon's grammar was probably the best small moment in last night's episode.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Who was saying the Dothraki were gonna get steam rolled by armored knights. Granted, they were on foot..

And the Dothraki had dragons, but I digress

uhh what knights?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hard to hold a pike/spear line when a dragon burns a hole in it for horses to charge through :shrug:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I wonder what a Dothraki FAC looks like.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Dany needs to develop better aerial tactics. Diving straight onto the spear chucker thing is a lot better than staying right in the sweet spot of deflection for it.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
She needs to play some Eve Online to learn about the importance of angular velocity, and related transversal velocity.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
You remember that dagger that Littlefinger handed to Bran, who then handed to Arya?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Deathy McDeath posted:

You remember that dagger that Littlefinger handed to Bran, who then handed to Arya?

"And as the legend goes, whomever possesses The Dagger of Valeria shall kick all the rear end across the realm"

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

Likewise I liked Sansa's reaction when Bran confirmed that Arya is a serial murderer.
"Ha ha, oh poo poo she was serious about that death list thing."

Pesticide20 posted:

Ser Davos continues to be one of the best characters and his correcting Jon's grammar was probably the best small moment in last night's episode.
No one else I was watching with got it, but I laughed.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Victor Vermis posted:

Euron's Gendry's going to show up in a row boat and save him.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Golden Company got name-dropped.

They might try to squeeze Gendry into the fake Targaryen slot... wherever the gently caress that storyline was going in the books.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
When Drogon and Dany were starting their strafing run at that group of archers, all I could think was "man, this would be an AMAZING time for a second dragon to hit them from the side."

Drogon took a hit because Dany was overconfident. Yeah, one dragon = curbstomp, but two dragons keep 'em guessing which direction you're coming from. One dragon fakes a pass while the other fucks poo poo up.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6GW03WsFgU

Still the best scene.

Except maybe bath-time with the King Slayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

I mean basically you can have a Dane with a goofy nose say "burn them all" in an english accent and I'll just touch myself for a minute and forget show is dumb, show is bad.

• Locked thread