Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Yinlock posted:

yeah he's totally "detail oriented" and definitely not just stopping all activity by forcing everything to need his approval

Yeah, it's prob just gonna be this

quote:

L.E.
Central Texas 4 hours ago
Mr. Tillerson spent a lifetime learning how Exxon worked before he got to the top. Now, Secretary of State Tillerson was dumped at the top of a totally different category of organization and has to learn how it works before he can efficiently manage it.

At the State Department, Secretary Tillerson is seeking to reorganize, streamline the process, before he fills any jobs. He wants to make sure those jobs are really needed. The problem is, he has no idea what most of those jobs are or why they are needed.

Reorganize by the end of the year? Then how long will it take to fill in the empty positions? How long for those people to learn their jobs? This is not interchangeable work where a clerk is a clerk is a clerk and a CEO is a CEO is a CEO. These people have to go through security clearance procedures. With luck, Secretary Tillerson might have a third or half of his department staffed by the end of 2018 and then they start learning what to do. They will be lucky if they can find most of the world's countries on a map by the end of 2019.

That's if he's lucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

The cognitive dissonance here when people make absurd connections like this but then talk about "no connection" between Trump and Russia

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Grondoth posted:

That's not what's happening.

Jesus christ, we have vast amounts of people forced to confront what addiction looks like and how callous disregard of the lives of the addict as gently caress ups and losers means wiring off human beings who are people's sons and daughters and fathers and mothers and brothers and sisters. There ARE still people out there who go "HEROIN ADDICTS? THEY CAN JUST GO DIE! WHAT USELESS SCUM" but they're being shown just how terrible of an opinion that is. This is a sea change in how we view addiction, as everyone from the rich to the poor from the cities to the boondocks and yes, even the goddamn suburbs has stories of someone they know who died from an overdose.

These are stories humanizing addicts for gently caress's sake and all FMN can do is go lol wite rural deth, this isn't like the crack epedemic lol; not realizing this is america changing the way it sees drug problems! Christ!

Just got out of a CPR class given by some paramedics that ended with a 10 minute talk on how bad this epidemic is. Stressed heavily that it cuts across race, geographic and class lines. Sucks that this is the sort of thing that it takes to get a lot of people to change their minds, but it's still better than "who cares about poor trash/'bad people'" dying responses.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
goblins.

GOBLINS

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I was prescribed Tramadol back in May after a knee procedure and I took one and ABSOLUTELY hated it. The come down was hellacious and I will never eat one again

Trump

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

does obama's brother in fact live in a hut or is this an africa = mud huts thing

nm i know the answer

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/508194635270062080

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

ymgve posted:

vice with clickbaity headlines? well I never!

(no idea how well it would work, but "taking abortion pill that blocks creation of hormone, then taking another pill filled with that hormone when you got second thoughts" doesn't sound that farfetched)

not just taking pills filled with that hormone, driving 65 miles twice a week to get hormone shots while sticking hormone suppositories in every orifice every other day of the week...for three whole months

just fuckin megadosing on hormones via multiple delivery methods

Grondoth posted:

These are stories humanizing addicts for gently caress's sake and all FMN can do is go lol wite rural deth, this isn't like the crack epedemic lol; not realizing this is america changing the way it sees drug problems! Christ!

they're only humanizing white addicts, though

it's nice that the news is willing to cover the tragic plight of helpless innocent middle-class white people murdering themselves with drugs, but that narrative is still kept distinctly separate from the War on Drugs narrative of tough urban minorities robbing and murdering everyone around them to get their fix

rather than a real change in how addiction is approached, it's very clearly a race and class thing, where addiction is only treated as a disease (rather than a crime) when it affects certain sorts of people

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot
i herd sumthin on npr a couple dayz ago aboot a black female heroine addict in baltimore and it was surprisin becuz it was not a white person in tha flyover states

anyway heroine bad dont do heroine and help da ppl who do imho!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Captain_Maclaine posted:

The stories are humanizing white addicts in middle America, constantly emphasizing how this is such a new and shocking thing to be happening there, specifically, and consciously or not drawing contrast to the "normal" addicts who nobody still gives a gently caress about.

#addictslivesmatter

also concern trolling over this is ignoring decades of people going "hey this is a problem"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

modus operandi

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

In a just world, people like this would be savagely beaten on sight, by a gang of communist minorities

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
GOD Appointed @realDonaldTrump #MyPresident #OneNationUnderGOD

https://twitter.com/ChristnNitemare/status/894639662484074497

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

FabioClone posted:

imagine how insane a god who would appoint Donald Trump would have to be.

PROMETHEUS.
O Epimetheus!  Is it then in vain
That I have warned thee?  Let me now implore.
Thou harborest in thy house a dangerous guest. 

EPIMETHEUS.
Whom the Gods love they honor with such guests. 

PROMETHEUS.
Whom the Gods would destroy they first make mad. 

EPIMETHEUS.
Shall I refuse the gifts they send to me? 

PROMETHEUS.
Reject all gifts that come from higher powers. 

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Tesseraction posted:

https://twitter.com/GlennThrush/status/894640692433170432

the president is monitoring the situation

totally

honest

I mean it's probably been mentioned on CNN/Fox so yeah

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

here's Malik Obama in front of his bigass orange house that I've mentioned before (or as Kayleigh here calls it, his hut)

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
the actual reason is that there's more drugs than ever before out on the streets in the US and they are cheaper and purer than ever. its not really a question of exposure. there is actually a crisis now thats worse than it ever was.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Vertical Lime posted:

he's joining trump tv isn't he

remember when you would get probated for saying anything bad about him

the ken bone era was ultra embarrassing

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I'm absolutely SHOCKED that Kayleigh Mcaenany has said racist stuff on Twitter. SHOCKED.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Brother Friendship posted:

that and literally doing all the drugs they can get their hands on

the American dream

most of the Boomers missed the cool parts of the 60s and 70s, so this time around they're determined to do all the drugs

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
good to see joe scarborough is busy taking time off wedding planning to be Not Mad Online

https://twitter.com/JoeNBC/status/894583337221804032

also there's this guy

https://twitter.com/JD_2020/status/894631273502830592

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Phone posted:

#addictslivesmatter

also concern trolling over this is ignoring decades of people going "hey this is a problem"

suburbanites are gonna race bait...its what they know.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Grondoth posted:

Jesus christ, we have vast amounts of people forced to confront what addiction looks like and how callous disregard of the lives of the addict as gently caress ups and losers means wiring off human beings who are people's sons and daughters and fathers and mothers and brothers and sisters. There ARE still people out there who go "HEROIN ADDICTS? THEY CAN JUST GO DIE! WHAT USELESS SCUM" but they're being shown just how terrible of an opinion that is. This is a sea change in how we view addiction, as everyone from the rich to the poor from the cities to the boondocks and yes, even the goddamn suburbs has stories of someone they know who died from an overdose.

america is still going to see minority addicts as subhuman predatory filth while continuing to justify and excuse white addicts as having been victimized in various ways

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

http://i.imgur.com/bkKq6ry.mp4

"Owl gets head brushed"

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Shageletic posted:

Yeah, it's prob just gonna be this

That's if he's lucky.

State Department is hosed and US diplomacy is going to be set back substantially for many years.

TRUMP!

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I like to think of Trump like with giant eagle's wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

livin' the dream

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot
i luv it when da goons get all self rightchuss aboot tha media lik thay r singin "we r tha world" in their spare tyme instead of postin ironically aboot luvin death

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Grondoth posted:

Source your quotes

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

mormonpartyboat posted:

30-day TRUMP buckets full of dehydrated McDonald's burger patties.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

whom the gods would destroy they first make extremely not mad on twitter

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Deceptive Thinker posted:

The cognitive dissonance here when people make absurd connections like this but then talk about "no connection" between Trump and Russia

IOIYAR / gently caress you admitting fault makes me vulnerable

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
the liberal fantasy as far as i can tell is "things have always been the same in every way, what is only different now is that im hearing about it now" and then they go and try to question why that is. its a very anti-progressive view if you think about it

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

mormonpartyboat posted:

I get the religious people who voted Trump because they correctly knew that he'd give them some reactionary shithead judges so he was just the only available tool for the job. I don't get the ones who hold up this guy whose entire life should be a symbol of everything they claim to detest as some sort of paragon and literally sent by Jesus.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Didn't the msm do a "marijuana mom" story last week lol

The msm is worthless

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Morning Joe is extremely something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dtk7hxg-OiY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005