Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

misadventurous posted:

You can solo Brock's gym with Charmander in gen 1 because his Pokémon have trash SPECIAL. Ember hits them only slightly less hard than anything else at that point.

yeah, my time tested strategy as a kid was grinding up a Butterfree and using confusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

General Dog posted:

I don't much care for Travis

travis has excellent, top-notch fingernails

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Waffleman_ posted:

Thank Travis for Travis.

"People don't write enough hymns about themselves."

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

quadrophrenic posted:

travis has excellent, top-notch fingernails

Yes, but his hair is an alien that is feeding him oxygen through his brain.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

General Dog posted:

I don't much care for Travis
Well, I know, but...

let's be bad

Just this once!

Serf
May 5, 2011

Looks like a new MBMBAM just hit.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hasn't showed up in my pocketcasts feed yet.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Just showed up in my Podcast Addict refresh.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

drat it pocketcasts. I paid money for you.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Why does Travis insist he's a "sexpert?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Because the disclaimer was written like 7 years ago and it's too late to change it.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

well why not posted:

my pitch for a show:

Russ plays the entirety of Pokemon Blue, but the stream is of Griffin watching him play in realtime, without being able to communicate.

i would watch this so hard

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

QuoProQuid posted:

Why does Travis insist he's a "sexpert?"

It's a shame Travis doesn't work at Polygon. If he did, as resident sexpert Nick would have gone to him for advice, and Travis would have advised him not to do that.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Travis being introduced as their wild animal of a brother in the E3 video was excellent. Dude has great nails and a great laugh. He is a gentle hirsute fellow with no skeletons in his closet I swear to god Travis McElroy you better not

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Wasn't there a mbmbam episode where he had to admit to asking out waitresses while they were on the clock? Maybe not that exactly, but there was something, he was pretty ashamed of it.

And remember Justin once blindfolded a teenager to get her tattooed at a record store and maybe, probably, murder her afterwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCMgZd6D70M

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

yes but that was before they were public figures and as such before they were able to leverage that on their fans.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

well why not posted:

yes but that was before they were public figures and as such before they were able to leverage that on their fans.

How quickly we forget about the time belt and kidsmag...

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Vonnie posted:

How quickly we forget about the time belt and kidsmag...

And each of their stints as Cowabunga.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Justin wrote a blog entry on the Bean Diet if anyone was interested in that.

https://justinmcelroy.wordpress.com/2017/08/07/the-bean-life/

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Not Operator posted:

Wasn't there a mbmbam episode where he had to admit to asking out waitresses while they were on the clock? Maybe not that exactly, but there was something, he was pretty ashamed of it.

And remember Justin once blindfolded a teenager to get her tattooed at a record store and maybe, probably, murder her afterwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCMgZd6D70M

this is so good partially because he tries to abandon ship halfway through and realizes he has to finish the story

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Not Operator posted:

As a former waitress and friend of many other former waitresses I can confrim that it does indeed suck when customers hit on you.

But if Travis has come to realize it was a bad thing to do, is no longer doing it, and is now warning others not to do it then I think I can forgive him for it.

I mean, if his darkest secret really is "flirted with women who were on the clock as a young adult and now feels rightfully ashamed of putting them in an uncomfortable position" that's pretty loving tame.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Who What Now posted:

I mean, they totally can. They've missed episodes before.

Hell, they missed an episode like a month ago because Griffin was sick

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The best thing about Travis is that he treats cameras much like a child does, and puts on a big stupid smile like a 3 year old that was told not to do something that then does that thing

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

As a former waitress and friend of many other former waitresses I can confrim that it does indeed suck when customers hit on you.

But if Travis has come to realize it was a bad thing to do, is no longer doing it, and is now warning others not to do it then I think I can forgive him for it.

I mean, if his darkest secret really is "flirted with women who were on the clock as a young adult and now feels rightfully ashamed of putting them in an uncomfortable position" that's pretty loving tame.

well yeah and these conversations turned into them creating a rule of thumb for all the question askers: "never hit on anyone who isn't in a position to turn 180 degrees and run away from you"

they don't really do that kind of relationship question anymore though

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Oh for sure. I wasn't at all trying to equate that to Nick, I was bringing it up because anyone who listened to him talk about it knows its not comparable. The contrition was loving palpable, and his brothers gave him so much poo poo for it. I was also kinda hoping someone would link to it because I can't remember what episode it was in at all.

Justin, I brought up because I love that whole bit and the animation for it and wanted an excuse to post it.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Travis' biggest crime is actually saying worrshsushtershre sauce

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Quest For Glory II posted:

worrshsushtershre

yep, that's maximum 2 but ideally 1 syllable

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Not Operator posted:

Oh for sure. I wasn't at all trying to equate that to Nick, I was bringing it up because anyone who listened to him talk about it knows its not comparable. The contrition was loving palpable, and his brothers gave him so much poo poo for it. I was also kinda hoping someone would link to it because I can't remember what episode it was in at all.

Justin, I brought up because I love that whole bit and the animation for it and wanted an excuse to post it.

Oh yeah, that animation is great.

I'd also like to know what episode it's from, I just started listening to mbmbam.

Edit: this is another good mbmbam animation: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvoVWSP-T4Q

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Aug 7, 2017

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

https://twitter.com/burgessbonjovi/status/894633074075545600

who's gonna break it to him

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc5t7w79Ya4

Madame Ovary
Jul 22, 2013

thank you for this gift of charlie.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Not Operator posted:

Griffin straight up got a minor abducted by a clownbox which is way worse imo.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That wasn't his fault. That was all clownbox.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Poor nicholas, thought of gamer grrls and died

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There's going to be a second Boston show to make up for issues getting tickets.

https://twitter.com/mbmbam/status/894652667716403200

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Oh yeah, that animation is great.

I'd also like to know what episode it's from, I just started listening to mbmbam.

Edit: this is another good mbmbam animation: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvoVWSP-T4Q

Same and that is probably the best bit I've seen/heard yet

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

This kid has what we in the business call "it"

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Man this mbmbam was almost unlistenable with how down Justin and Griffin sounded

No just kidding of course they did an episode this week and sounded fine

Griffin twice did a Borat "my wife" almost under his breath and it was great.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Colonel Whitey posted:

This kid has what we in the business call "it"

"Let's watch this fuckin' smurf movie" is the best kids-say-the-darndest this dumb world has ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Waffleman_ posted:

There's going to be a second Boston show to make up for issues getting tickets.

https://twitter.com/mbmbam/status/894652667716403200
gently caress yeah, I'm psyched. Really hope it doesn't sell out so fast this time, and also that Ticketmaster isn't a hot pile of garbage.