Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

You've not been paying much attention in that case. I've spent the past few days watching Chaos players act like the sky is falling after the reveal of a comfortably mid-tier codex.

I don't see how with two codices released we can already call this mid tier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

The Bee posted:

I don't see how with two codices released we can already call this mid tier.

It amuses me that everyone has forgotten GKs exist

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Did a Redemptor:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

You've not been paying much attention in that case. I've spent the past few days watching Chaos players act like the sky is falling after the reveal of a comfortably mid-tier codex.

I disagree. I think it's going to be pretty strong once the points decreases are factored in. I'm looking forward to it greatly and will be murdering lots of things with the MURDERSWORD

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Corrode posted:

Even GW has been basically not promoting or previewing it much. They had like one article about it and 7+ for Chaos.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Corrode posted:

Fine, fine, 2.25 codices.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
From what I've seen of the powers the biggest complaint you can have is lots of things are just SM equivalent, which is boring but should be balanced. I'll take CSMs being balanced with SMs personally. And the renegades sound pretty cool?

don't think the actual stats and costs have been leaked though, and I'm not even smart enough to crunch all the numbers anyways

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
Renegades getting run and charge is gonna be great for all my nurgle bikers and stuff that can't be part of deathguard anymore.

Pretty excited for this book!

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
This has been a great few pages for Dreads.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Did a Redemptor:

gently caress yes son. Dreadnoughts are the best.

Black_Nexus posted:

Renegades getting run and charge is gonna be great for all my nurgle bikers and stuff that can't be part of deathguard anymore.

Pretty excited for this book!

Death Guard core with Renegades taking non-DG Nurgle stuff is going to be cool.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Did a Redemptor:

:catstare:

Where are the bits on the shoulders from? Thats a great addition to its silhouette.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Nice dred

!Klams fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Aug 7, 2017

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Artum posted:

:catstare:

Where are the bits on the shoulders from? Thats a great addition to its silhouette.

They look like the tops of the LRC Hurricane bolters.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

Did a Redemptor:

I just want to comment your painting has improved so much over this year. Good job on taking the step to dirtying up your models that I can't seem to bring myself to do. Part of it is im scared to do it, and now that everything is clean it would be a staggering amount of work for me...

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Seriously, you're the only person to successfully pull of Ultramarines 4th Company.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Also, good job on that transfer sheet for the text on the scroll, nothing makes me rage harder than spending weeks on a model, get to the transfer and just utterly gently caress up applying some of them. I ruined two of the ones that just say "Ultramarines" that are meant for the scroll work on banners, because they folded up on themselves and about chucked a lamp across the room.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

For how dirty that model is the work is so loving crisp and clean.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Did a Redemptor:

That's a lovely dread.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
Goddamn that's nice. How did you do the heat marks on the gatling cannon?

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Wow, thanks so much dudes. The shoulder bits are indeed from the LRC sponsons.

Thanks Uroboros , I know the feeling regarding screwing up transfers, especially when it's a rare one like from the command tank sheet.

The heat staining on the gatling is just overlapping washes of drakenhof nightshade, druchi violet and seraphim sepia.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Is it true that a World Eaters army can no longer take Khorne Berzerkers as Troops?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

DO IT TO IT posted:

Is it true that a World Eaters army can no longer take Khorne Berzerkers as Troops?

Afaik Zerks are Elites now and moving stuff around in force orgs doesn't seem to be a thing in 8th. On the other hand, you don't need to take Troops.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Corrode posted:

Afaik Zerks are Elites now and moving stuff around in force orgs doesn't seem to be a thing in 8th. On the other hand, you don't need to take Troops.

The index let World Eaters/Death Guard/Thousand Sons/Emperors Children take their respective cult troops as Troops.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I will say in the Chaos Index under the Death Guard entry it clearly says that Plague Marines count as troops if you have the Death Guard keyword. You can certainly argue that this was just a holdover for the Index until the full codices are released, but the precedent is there.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Fair enough, I've not read the Chaos index that closely.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Yeah, that's why I was wondering. It's true that you can just run the Elites detachment but it's gonna result in less CP to spend which is a bummer.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

Did a Redemptor:

That's a nice dread you got there! Continuing with the dread theme here's my WB Leviathan.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

The Sisko posted:

That's a nice dread you got there! Continuing with the dread theme here's my WB Leviathan.

:perfect:

That freehand script looks amazing

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Late but as a player of chaos from 7th into this new codex its miles better than how it was before.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

DO IT TO IT posted:

Yeah, that's why I was wondering. It's true that you can just run the Elites detachment but it's gonna result in less CP to spend which is a bummer.

It hasn't been shown yet, so I suspect that the worst-case scenario is that you can't right now but we'll get errata to fix that.

E:

The Sisko posted:

Holy poo poo that owns

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

DO IT TO IT posted:

World Eaters can take Berzerkers as Troops.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

The Sisko posted:

That's probably the best looking Word Bearers anything I've ever seen. Love the metallics, transfers, and freehand oh my!

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

ElBrak posted:

Who wants an imgur gallery of pictures of warhams games! I was even playing some of them!

http://imgur.com/a/dXbXw

Hey, I know that store. I was there with lincodkilla about a week ago. You should totally meet up and slam some hams

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Holy moly, that pictogram on the right shoulder is Unitology level. Ultman be praised.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."
Since y'all liked my dread so much I put together some group shots of my WB army. Quite a bit of this will be used in my 40k games though I am in dire need of some cultists.

Sir not appearing in these photos is my fully painted Spartan ,which I m currently doing some repair work after some one dropped a model on the sponson , breaking it clean in half.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
A gorgeous army. Miss you bae

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Stop tempting me away from Deathguard as my future Chaos army. :colbert: The allure of Word Bearers was always so great, especially the temptation to make a custom Eliphas the Inheritor.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Deified Data posted:

Stop tempting me away from Deathguard as my future Chaos army. :colbert: The allure of Word Bearers was always so great, especially the temptation to make a custom Eliphas the Inheritor.

I'm currently dealing with trying to resist making Araghast the Pillager for my Black Legion. The only competent Chaos leader in Dawn of War history.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Who else has Word Bearers? Need to have an Ultras vs. Bearers throw down at Adepticon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
I'm not really sure what it is about renegade space marine chapters that screams "advance and charge"

Just seems really arbitrary?