Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

she coulda burned one castle to the ground and probably won the war right there. who the gently caress isn't defecting from the lannisters immediately after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

she coulda burned one castle to the ground and probably won the war right there. who the gently caress isn't defecting from the lannisters immediately after that.

she's basically a bad dem but but the optics!!!

When we go high they go low!

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Apparently in only takes one ballista shot to bring a dragon down though. I'd be feeling pretty confident against a dragon siege right now unless she covers them in Jons dragonglass or some this.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Bran had a special saddle and a loving wheelchair made. Why can't Dany just get a saddle done so she doesn't risk falling off like a goof?

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

Demiurge4 posted:

Bran had a special saddle and a loving wheelchair made. Why can't Dany just get a saddle done so she doesn't risk falling off like a goof?

Asking the real questions

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

something something bareback

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
Also, you'd think she wear something more comfortable for dragon riding than that long skirt suit.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

cop out: She's a Targaryen who has a special bond with her dragons they know exactly what she's doing and would make sure she never fell off etc. etc.

Or maybe dragon skin is adhesive

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

isme posted:

Also, you'd think she wear something more comfortable for dragon riding than that long skirt suit.

Dany wears riding trousers under all her outfits.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
She should wear something that makes one boob hang out imo.

The strategy might be that it would give all the Lannisters erections and they wouldn't be able able to fight as well.

Do it next time D & D.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

She's clearly seated on one or two of the dragon's spikes, they hold her in place and pleasure her. Special bond...

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

Well besides blowing up a cathedral with hundreds of people and the beloved Margeary inside, siding with the viking pirates that most of the kingdom and especially the Lannisters hate, allowing the ancestral seat of her house to be sacked by an army of foreign eunuchs as a distraction, dressing and emoting like a Romulan senator, and being bankrupt and deeply in debt to a foreign power for several seasons, name one thing Cersei's done that would not inspire dragon-facing loyalty in her subjects.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Holy poo poo the tactical realists when it comes to imaginary creatures get old fast

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Despera posted:

Holy poo poo the tactical realists when it comes to imaginary creatures get old fast

Actually,

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Despera posted:

Did we go tactical realism over standing up on horseback to shoot arrows yet? Cuz apparently that was added in solely to look cool. And increase the injury risk for the stuntmen

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pE2wcBeyNdk

The making of video is really cool for showing off how they pulled off the explosions and stunt men on fire. Also I'm pretty impressed they got the horses to run through the fires.

Watching the inside the episode videos somehow always manage to shock me at how bad the show runners, directors, and writers are at understanding characterization of the characters, no matter how many of them I watch.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs

some guy on the bus posted:

The strategy might be that it would give all the Lannisters erections and they wouldn't be able able to fight as well.

Do it next time D & D.

In that case, they should revive Ros and have her ride the dragon.

Daenerys probably has the worst body of all the women that got naked in the show (let's just ignore the old Melisandre for a moment).

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

some guy on the bus posted:

Do it next time D & D.

Next season all the women wear ta-ta towels.

http://www.boredpanda.com/breasts-bra-helps-avoid-sweating-ta-ta-towel/

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Was Bran still normal when he saw the Jon reveal at the end of last season? I don't remember him being in complete Dr. Manhattan mode at that point.

ElmerTheWasabi
Dec 3, 2004
Yeah, he was still normal then. He was still normal when he was traveling with Benjen, although that might have been right before or after he saw the Jon reveal. I forget the exact order.

So he lost all his humanity specifically in however long it was that Meera was dragging his rear end around.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

GobiasIndustries posted:

Was Bran still normal when he saw the Jon reveal at the end of last season? I don't remember him being in complete Dr. Manhattan mode at that point.

the writing is bad.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

ElmerTheWasabi posted:

Yeah, he was still normal then. He was still normal when he was traveling with Benjen, although that might have been right before or after he saw the Jon reveal. I forget the exact order.

So he lost all his humanity specifically in however long it was that Meera was dragging his rear end around.

That's what I thought. I'm just gonna go with 'he stopped at every tree on the way back to winterfell and it gradually broke his humanity'

Groovelord Neato posted:

the writing is bad.

Or this, one or the other.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Apparently everyone in this thread can run a better campaign. But I have to remind everyone that Westeros is a world with out tactical RPGs. Like Danys' thought on the dragon wasn't "How can I plant this template weapon for maximum AOE" but probably just like "holy poo poo. I hope I don't fall off "

Also:

etalian posted:

she's basically a bad dem but but the optics!!!

When we go high they go low!

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Bran already knows everything anyways so he has no reason to ask, I imagine Sansa told Arya or Arya found out through the grapevine. Not like Rickon ever got to talk, couldn't even run serpentine.

Wasn't Sansa at the battle where Rickon died. Or she showed up a bit later, but someone would have mentioned it

'Hey just fyi since you got here a bit late, Rickon died. Yeah no like just, 20 minutes ago. See theres his corpse.'

oh I misread your post.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Who actuall did teach Arya to swordfight. She tells Brienne no one, but all she did there was wash dead bodies and get stabbed.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Thundercracker posted:

"holy poo poo. I hope I don't fall off "

Yeah the complaints about hitting the food instead of people are weird. She ain't loving aiming.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

drunken officeparty posted:

Who actuall did teach Arya to swordfight. She tells Brienne no one, but all she did there was wash dead bodies and get stabbed.

There's a fan theory that sylvio (her season one swordfighting instructor) is actually Jaquen, the faceless man.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

kater posted:

Yeah the complaints about hitting the food instead of people are weird. She ain't loving aiming.

Lol, she actually explicitly and accurately incinerates the road that all the wagons are on, because it's cool, looks awesome, and the Night King can't get you if you've already starved to death

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

kater posted:

She makes multiple passes at the wagons filled with food and torches the line of them, but standing a mere 50 ft to the other side was a line of Lannister soldiers. Seems dumb and bad, I don't care that she didn't know what was in/on the wagons.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

double negative posted:

Lol, she actually explicitly and accurately incinerates the road that all the wagons are on, because it's cool, looks awesome, and the Night King can't get you if you've already starved to death

Drogon does that you mean. On purpose. :tinfoil:

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

If we are going to talk about wagons can we talk about how cool the wagon with the ballista in it was when it split open

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

RecoomesSexyRear posted:

I don't understand how team pacifist thinks Dany is gonna conquer everyone without burning a few folks oh well guess we'll lose to win

they're democrats

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

kater posted:

Drogon does that you mean. On purpose. :tinfoil:

yep, in p. much exactly the same way that Jamie's horse decided to make that noble sacrifice at the end of the episode

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

drunken officeparty posted:

Arya trained under Syrio Forel as well as the Waif/Jaquen

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
A wild Dave Hill appears.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

JaySB posted:

She makes multiple passes at the wagons filled with food and torches the line of them, but standing a mere 50 ft to the other side was a line of Lannister soldiers. Seems dumb and bad, I don't care that she didn't know what was in/on the wagons.

Preventing your enemy from piling food into the fortress you are unwilling to attack directly isn't that dumb. If you have to win by siege you might as well make it a short siege.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Danny exploded the wagons because wagons blow up real gud and setting stunt men on fire is expensive.

They say as much in the video.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

So wait, what happened with the Unsullied between episodes? They took that castle then hosed off outta there when they say the ships? I guess I missed that part and am a bad TV watcher.

But Dany's wild ride was poor planning on the graphics department side. They made the dragon's head and neck move so much the only place they could put her was square in the middle of the dragon's back. It looked like she was trying to drive a car by riding on the roof.

mag
Feb 9, 2007

fuck this

i'm out
anyway here's this

http://www.youdubber.com/index.php?video=EQDEt-ojBJU&video_start=15&audio=Ag1o3koTLWM&audio_start=0

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

JaySB posted:

She's clearly seated on one or two of the dragon's spikes, they hold her in place and pleasure her. Special bond...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Bates posted:

Preventing your enemy from piling food into the fortress you are unwilling to attack directly isn't that dumb. If you have to win by siege you might as well make it a short siege.

Because after you decimate the army that's there you're just going to let the wagons run away?

• Locked thread