Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now

Shageletic posted:

The music was loving weird, I heard it too.

Watch a couple of On the Air epsiodes and you'll hear very similar music.

Edit: About 18 minutes into this one as an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZmqt3FxbTY

mr_jolly fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Aug 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

zelah posted:

You sure that's not macaroni and cheese? Individual parts look too big to be corn to me

Looks like baby corns to me.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
what kind of people are you that you've never seen a bowl of mac and cheese before

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I absolutely do not want to read ep. 14 spoilers, but if I find a way to watch ep. 14 before it airs? You bet your rear end I would.

GeneralZod
May 28, 2003

Kneel before Zod!
Grimey Drawer
I don't want to see ep 14 ahead of time or any spoilers for it, but I would like to know how good it is, on a scale from ep 12 - ep 11.

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Just caught up with this episode and I just about died when James did his song again.

Was that lip-synced or does he still somehow sound like that? It looked a little off but it's hard to tell with that echo effect.

All of the Roadhouse performances have been lip-synced...

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I absolutely do not want to read ep. 14 spoilers, but if I find a way to watch ep. 14 before it airs? You bet your rear end I would.

That's just voluntarily making your wait for 15 longer imo

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

zelah posted:

You sure that's not macaroni and cheese? Individual parts look too big to be corn to me

think it's not creamed corn but corn cut off of a cob - the big pieces are the lines of kernels you get. and it's right in the front of the shot.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

http://i.imgur.com/a7NsR27.gifv

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nyns3F1CgSQ

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

My theory on the reflection is that they just messed up in editing. They wanted cars to drive by at the correct pacing, so they shot a long reverse shot of Ed eating soup and looking at the window. Then when they needed to adjust the pacing of the cars, they spliced that part of the frame together while keeping Ed staring out the window.

There is evidence of this in the reflection shot. Just before the reflection "drops" the soup, you can see the headlights of the passing car pop into existence on the right of the frame. When the lights reach his reflection, the reflection cuts to the soup on the table.

Editors were probably told "I want this reverse shot to be shorter, but I still want two cars to drive by! And make sure Ed is looking out the window!" And they were just lazy with the reflection.

People are right when they say it would be more work to NOT make the reflection match, but that only applies when you know exactly what you want when filming. If Lynch or whoever decided in editing he wanted a 9 second shot of Ed staring at cars out the window, you end up with edits like that.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Man I'm a dummy, It wasnt until this episode when the goofy laughing detective says "mom wants us to come over for dinner" that I finally realized the 3 detectives are all brothers.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Shows burning me out :(

The scenes with Audrey is really like sticking glass in your eyes. Lynch knows that it's poo poo, right? Because even for TP this is a new level of poo poo

The upside of not watching live meant I could skip that James song as well so that was nice

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

The scenes with Audrey is really like sticking glass in your eyes. Lynch knows that it's poo poo, right? Because even for TP this is a new level of poo poo

The upside of not watching live meant I could skip that James song as well so that was nice

there is no shame in saying "i don't like twin peaks"

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
You're probably right, and there's another reason. From all accounts, Lynch handed in an 18 hour movie and the episode breaks were done after the fact. The Ed scene was probably extended to cover the credit sequence, and it was probably done with minimal supervision from Lynch.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Baloogan posted:

there is no shame in saying "i don't like twin peaks"

I love the gently caress out of Twin Peaks, but after I recovered from laughing my rear end off, I skipped the James song. And I really hate the Audrey scenes so far. There's no shame in that.

GeekyManatee
Jul 12, 2011

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Sounds like you dislike everything that encapsulates the atmosphere Lynch has always been going for.

But sure, this is totally worse than all the awful subplots from season two. :v:

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Twin Peaks Season 3 is actually good from episode 1 to episode 14

and I am positive that it is good from episode 15 to 18

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Yeah, that's just a bowl of mac and cheese.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

GeekyManatee posted:

Sounds like you dislike everything that encapsulates the atmosphere Lynch has always been going for.

But sure, this is totally worse than all the awful subplots from season two. :v:

I like to pretend episode 10-20 from S2 don't exist

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

chime_on posted:

All of the Roadhouse performances have been lip-synced...

Sorry, should have worded that better, I was wondering if it was the recording from the original series or a new one.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

What would happen if Booper killed Dougie? I want to see it

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

What would happen if Booper killed Dougie? I want to see it
If you kill Dougie Jones you become the next Dougie Jones.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

I like to pretend episode 10-20 from S2 don't exist

I rewatched it before the premiere of s3 and there's actually a lot of good poo poo in there. The trick is to skip every scene with James, Dick Tremayne, Civil War Ben Horne and Hank. And Josie. Oh, and that weird subplot with the woman who hosed Dougie Milford to death. And Leo being kept as an abused mental vegetable. Twice. Actually nevermind, you're right.

The whole she-hulk Nadine thing is good though.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

I rewatched it before the premiere of s3 and there's actually a lot of good poo poo in there. The trick is to skip every scene with James, Dick Tremayne, Civil War Ben Horne and Hank. And Josie. Oh, and that weird subplot with the woman who hosed Dougie Milford to death. And Leo being kept as an abused mental vegetable. Twice. Actually nevermind, you're right.

The Nadine stuff was pretty hilarious

Did Dick die? I don't even remember

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

What the gently caress

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

The Nadine stuff was pretty hilarious

Did Dick die? I don't even remember

Not exactly, he was transported to the Black Lodge when he fell through a mysterious rack of cummerbunds at Horne's department store while absent-mindedly rubbing a mustard stain out of his cravat.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

agreed

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

Not exactly, he was transported to the Black Lodge when he fell through a mysterious rack of cummerbunds at Horne's department store while absent-mindedly rubbing a mustard stain out of his cravat.

I think it was an ascot that day.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

hold the gently caress up

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
at some point I want someone to ask the doppelganger about his jacket so he can reply "this is a snakeskin jacket. it represents my individuality and belief in personal freedom."

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I Love Dick

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

I kind of do too but the whole "who is lucy's baby daddy" subplot was real real bad.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Dougie Milford, like Dougie Jones, is wonderful.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I really liked the Audrey scene this episode. It was well acted and legitimate creepy/intriguing after the "end your story" part.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Me too. Also, the character.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

Dougie Milford, like Dougie Jones, is wonderful.

Tony Jay was great even with such a small part. Dwayne was also pretty great. MHEHEH

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

When I first saw season 2 I loving lost my poo poo when I realized Dougie was Megabyte.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I never, ever skip poo poo in tv shows, but goddammit, I skimmed this week's (or last week's, can't remember) Jacoby rant.

I just don't give a poo poo about his ranting. I get the point within the first few seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

Hey man. You're number one. Put it. In. The Bucket.
Maybe I'm crazy but nothing about James singing or Nadine being a loving idiot is entertaining to me in any way whatsoever