Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

pubic works project posted:

Quincy Enunwa got put on the IR with his neck injury.

Jets are now proper hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Bah

God

Is

That

Austin

Seferian

Jenkins'

Music

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

Bah

God

Is

That

Austin

Seferian

Jenkins'

Music

I thought I was the only person who had Benny Hill's theme music running through his head.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Jets are now proper hosed.

This will probably be the year Forte finally gets hurt too. I'm not even going to draft a defense this year since they're playing the NFC East and the NFC South and I can stream any of those defenses. Whoever takes the Pats defense will have a good time this year.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Any good fantasy football twitter accounts to follow?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Where do you guys like to be in the draft order? Right now I can pick between slots 6 through 12... Round 1 starts with 1st Round 2 starts with 12th..

Also in a keeper 1 point PPR league 1qb,2rb,2wr,1te,1flex(nonqb),1k,1D:

Anything actually worth keeping?

Can keep 1:
Round 2 :D. Brees
Round 3: J. Maclin
Round 4: G. Tate
Round 5: D. Woodhead

OR can keep 2:

Round 7: De. Williams
ETC: C. Sims
J. Witten
D. Carr
B. Walsh
Pittsburgh
J. Starks
T. Sharpe
B. Ellington
V. Green
Jo. Brown

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Supposedly, LeSean McCoy could lead the Bills in receptions.

Yeah, so that #5 draft spot is looking a lot better to take Shady over Julio & Odell

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

fyallm posted:

Where do you guys like to be in the draft order? Right now I can pick between slots 6 through 12... Round 1 starts with 1st Round 2 starts with 12th..

Also in a keeper 1 point PPR league 1qb,2rb,2wr,1te,1flex(nonqb),1k,1D:

Anything actually worth keeping?

Can keep 1:
Round 2 :D. Brees
Round 3: J. Maclin
Round 4: G. Tate
Round 5: D. Woodhead

OR can keep 2:

Round 7: De. Williams
ETC: C. Sims
J. Witten
D. Carr
B. Walsh
Pittsburgh
J. Starks
T. Sharpe
B. Ellington
V. Green
Jo. Brown

If I'm picking between 6-12, I like to pick 6th or 7th. As far as keepers go...I don't like any of those 4 options. Woodhead is enticing because I'm pretty high on him, but not in the 5th round. I'd probably choose Carr and John Brown.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

pubic works project posted:

If I'm picking between 6-12, I like to pick 6th or 7th. As far as keepers go...I don't like any of those 4 options. Woodhead is enticing because I'm pretty high on him, but not in the 5th round. I'd probably choose Carr and John Brown.

Yeah I was thinking 6th or 7th cool... And I don't have to keep anyone, and yeah my 4 top options are blah..

I like the idea of Carr and John Brown, I think that late in the draft he could be a solid pickup

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

89 posted:

Supposedly, LeSean McCoy could lead the Bills in receptions.

Yeah, so that #5 draft spot is looking a lot better to take Shady over Julio & Odell

Sure, he could if Boldin and Watkins both die.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I just joined a $75 league and just realized that...

there's only 24 total acquisitions allowed in the whole season. 6 bench spots.

wtf.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

89 posted:

I just joined a $75 league and just realized that...

there's only 24 total acquisitions allowed in the whole season. 6 bench spots.

wtf.

$3.13 per transaction. Think of it as a bank fee.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Don't draft Jets

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Ty1990 posted:

Don't draft Jets

Charone Peake is the new hotness. Suggested team name "M-M-M-M-My Charone"

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
"Whatever defense is playing the Jets that week" is gonna be the hottest waiver wire commodity of the year

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Ty1990 posted:

Don't draft Jets

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Benne posted:

"Whatever defense is playing the Jets that week" is gonna be the hottest waiver wire commodity of the year

Stiff competition from the Brows, Rams and 49ers but you might be right.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
49ers are probably just gonna be boringly terrible and not an insanely hilarious dumpster fire that would make them a good streaming target.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm expecting the niners to win like maybe four or five games, and if they had an actually good quarterback they'd maybe be able to win six or seven. They don't, though, so four or five.

I'm going to be surprised if the bears win a single game, and the jets are looking maybe just as bad. The browns... well I have no idea really, there are a handful of good players there in theory, but in practice they have to implode spectacularly because browns. So let's say three fluke wins?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

The past two years, I ran League of Posts, which had a mild keeper/roster structure but also a posting requirement I grew weary of. I am not bringing back LoP because it was too annoying to police the posting requirement. Also done with nfl.com's fantasy site.

I'm on the waitlist for a few leagues here but am not optimistic about spots being open. I'm considering starting a new keeper league (no $$, free, just pride). Keeper: not dynasty. ESPN. The structure would be fairly similar to LoP: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3782046 but with a lighter starting lineup.

Would people be interested in this? 14-team, PPR, heavy on flex, auction draft. How much desire is there in here for a new auction/keeper league?

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

pmchem posted:

Would people be interested in this? 14-team, PPR, heavy on flex, auction draft. How much desire is there in here for a new auction/keeper league?

I loved league of posts last year. The juiced scoring with 14 teams made for a very exciting fantasy season, and I'd be down for another.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

pmchem posted:

The past two years, I ran League of Posts, which had a mild keeper/roster structure but also a posting requirement I grew weary of. I am not bringing back LoP because it was too annoying to police the posting requirement. Also done with nfl.com's fantasy site.

I'm on the waitlist for a few leagues here but am not optimistic about spots being open. I'm considering starting a new keeper league (no $$, free, just pride). Keeper: not dynasty. ESPN. The structure would be fairly similar to LoP: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3782046 but with a lighter starting lineup.

You just got tired of losing :D I'd be down, I had fun with league of posts.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Spoeank posted:

49ers are probably just gonna be boringly terrible and not an insanely hilarious dumpster fire that would make them a good streaming target.

I'd be surprised if the 9ers were anything but an insanely hilarious dumpster fire that would make a good streaming target. Brian Hoyer throwing to Pierre Garcon and Jeremy Kerley, wowza.

Browns and Rams both seem like they're in that tier of not quite good streaming target. I have strange faith in McVay to turn around that run game and I hold Hue Jackson in extremely high regards and bet that Browns team will put up some points even though they'll lose a lot.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I'll target the Jets every opportunity I get.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

The 49ers are a dumpster fire with a bad qb and no weapons!

Now the rams and browns, you see their situation is much different

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Bort fun fact:

He has nearly three times as many touchdowns thrown down 10+ in the fourth quarter (19) as he has touchdowns in all his first quarters (7)

He's thrown five touchdowns with the lead

:stonk:

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Aug 8, 2017

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Spoeank posted:

The 49ers are a dumpster fire with a bad qb and no weapons!

Now the rams and browns, you see their situation is much different

I think if I were to start a defense against one of these three teams, the Browns and the Rams would definitely bite me in the rear end due to their ability to keep my defense on the field longer and their potential to actually succeed due to potential talent on the offensive side. The 49ers are a dumpster fire both ways and I'll be starting every defense against them and the Jets for a while (Jets fall under the same category as the Browns and Rams but lose a rank because of their potential worst offense of all time thing). Niners defense might be there too but god that offense just looks like poo poo.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

I pick 5th in my league and in a mock draft I took Zek, Aaron Rodgers, Kelce, and then Jordan Reed(flex) in that order (6 PPTD/ 0.5 PPR / 12 Team). Have any of you gone double elite tight end to fill a flex? How did it work out?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RisqueBarber posted:

I pick 5th in my league and in a mock draft I took Zek, Aaron Rodgers, Kelce, and then Jordan Reed(flex) in that order (6 PPTD/ 0.5 PPR / 12 Team). Have any of you gone double elite tight end to fill a flex? How did it work out?

Last year Reed put up 11.3 points a game in half PPR (and only once in his career, 2015, had higher ppg), while also missing time and being a good bet to miss time again this year. That put him in the low WR2 range in terms of scoring. If guys like Diggs, Tate, or Edelman were still available, I think you did poorly taking Reed over them.

Also, just not really a fan of this whole draft :/ Is Zeke worth pick 5 with a possible 4 game suspension looming, when you could have taken McCoy or en elite WR? Not sure. Rodgers in the 2nd and Kelce in the 3rd also feel like reaches to have the top option at each position, while giving up value at RB or WR.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
And did you get ALF until Zeke is back?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Marshmallow Blue posted:

And did you get ALF until Zeke is back?

Alf is like the 4th string RB for Dallas now. McFadden is the clear cuff

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Cervixalot posted:

Alf is like the 4th string RB for Dallas now. McFadden is the clear cuff

I'm in mid-season advice form already!

Also, has anyone seen fightclubsandwich? he runs the GoT league and I'd like to win 2 years in a row.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

RisqueBarber posted:

You're going to be riding high until both those TEs inevitably get hurt

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Marshmallow Blue posted:

I'm in mid-season advice form already!

Also, has anyone seen fightclubsandwich? he runs the GoT league and I'd like to win 2 years in a row.

I'm coming for you this year...

... until Zeke gets suspended, DJ gets put on the IR and Jordan Howard turns back into a pumpkin.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
The proper response to "Don't draft a TE early" is not to draft 2 TEs early.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
So, anybody doing any $$$ auction leagues? I'd like to get into one auction league this season. Never done one before. Kind of looking for cash prizes though.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RisqueBarber posted:

This is like the complete opposite of how I would ever want to draft my team.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

I'm coming for you this year...

... until Zeke gets suspended, DJ gets put on the IR and Jordan Howard turns back into a pumpkin.

Seriously though, wheres sandwich? I love that league.

Also, tons of options for me regarding my 3 cheap keepers.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Seriously though, wheres sandwich? I love that league.

Also, tons of options for me regarding my 3 cheap keepers.

I'm back for more pain, think I traded away all my good keepers in a failed championship bid :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I have some rules about Taxi Squad enforcement on MFL.

Our league rules for TS are:

1. The Taxi Squad is a pool of players an owner may have that do not qualify as starters.
2. Any Rookie drafted or picked up on waivers during the season may be added to the taxi squad.
3. Players may be activated from the Taxi Squad at any time and placed on the Active Roster. The Owner is required to maintain roster limits and will have to cut a player to make room for promotions.
4. Once promoted a player can never be demoted back to the taxi squad.
5. Once a Rookie has started for an owner he can not be demoted to the taxi squad.
6. An Owner may hold a player on their Taxi Squad for as long they like.
7. Trades do not impact Taxi Squad Status of a player, however if an owner doesn’t have room on their Taxi Squad for the incoming player, someone will have to be activated or cut to make room for the incoming player.

All of this can be enforced within MFL except line 5, correct?

• Locked thread