Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Dead Reckoning posted:

I've had recruiters calling me lately. I told one that, if he could get me a flight school slot, I'd sign up. Why not.

poo poo if I could get a guaranteed pilot slot I'd give it some serious thought.

And then I'd get awacs and promptly take a radio in the tub with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

That is god drat awesome. I hope they get some mad cash out of those retards.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Bolow posted:

The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.

Socrates was bitching about whatever the loving ancient greek equivalent of millennials were over 2,000 years ago

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Oh I just see a future murder-suicide couple from the Golden Gate. They are loving with tremendously rich people in a very public way.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

ElMaligno posted:

naw your generation grew too old and now is irrelevant

There just aren't as many of us as there were boomers and are millenials. Boomers didn't gently caress as much as their parents and gen x is making more babies because condoms are hard.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

weed booze gambling and :krad: fashion

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Doc Hawkins posted:

I know rats can be trained to detect landmines by smell (and also, supposedly, to detect certain diseases in blood samples). I bet they could clamber over a pile of suitcases pretty good.

Rats are cutting edge because they're smart and so lightweight, they don't set off typical landmines. Plus, at the end of the day, they're fuckin rats!

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/Independent/status/894652153696067584

Kissinger needs more blood sacrifices to stay alive

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Hot Karl Marx posted:

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/894652153696067584

Kissinger needs more blood sacrifices to stay alive

How is this loving ghoul considered a serious voice in politics?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Stultus Maximus posted:

How is this loving ghoul considered a serious voice in politics?

have you heard about who the president of the united states is

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Hmm yes the destruction of a radical empire will lead to the creation of a radical empire I see

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
I understand the power vacuum he's talking about, but I feel like the "Iranian Empire" is more than a hop skip and jump away from what we have going on now.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
There's a problem with the Army's new pistol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch7si_VQsGA

Whoops.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

facialimpediment posted:

Whoops.

Oh come on, how is anyone going to be hurt from a discharge when they drop a gun in such a way that it falls so that it's pointed directly at their face?

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

facialimpediment posted:

Whoops.

Aren't there plenty of pistols already which don't do this?

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
Here's something else that the military will make nowhere nearly as awesome as it should be.

quote:

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Pentagon has sent new guidance to the armed services that lays out the military’s authority to disable or shoot down any drone that violates airspace restrictions over a U.S. base and is deemed a security risk.

Navy Capt. Jeff Davis told Pentagon reporters Monday that a classified policy was approved in July. On Friday, additional public information was sent to military bases around the country so officials can alert their communities about the restrictions and the actions the military can take.

He said the new policy provides details about the actions the military can take to stop any threat, including destroying or seizing any unmanned aircraft — including the smaller ones that the general public can easily buy — that is flown over a base.

“The increase of commercial and private drones in the U.S. has raised our concerns with regards to safety and security of our installations,” Davis said. “Protecting our force remains a top priority, and that’s why DoD issued this very specific but classified policy, developed with the FAA and our inter-agency partners, that details how DoD personnel may counter the unmanned aircraft threat.”

He said that the actions taken by military officials at the bases to address a threat posed by a drone could include “incapacitating or destroying them. And they could also be seized as well for part of investigations.”

Davis said the military has always had the authority to defend the bases and troops, “but this I think makes it a little more solidified with what we’re able to do, and it’s been completely coordinated with the FAA.”

He said part of the effort to release the new guidance was to insure that commanders distribute information to the communities surrounding their bases so that the public knows what could happen if someone flies a drone over a military installation.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Bring back shotguns to the MAs and MPs!

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Pole, ten foot
Net, fishing.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

current event: the Amazon video app on the PS3 can suck a fat dick

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Train anti-drone eagles like the french did

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Smiling Jack posted:

current event: the Amazon video app on the PS3 can suck a fat dick
Found your problem.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

facialimpediment posted:

Whoops.

The part that gets me the most is where he outlines what the current drop tests are. It's like those tests are designed to not cause a problem. Yeah any firing like that can be unsafe but if I had to take my chances with one I can be pretty sure it would be the situation where the round goes right into the dirt over the one that wasn't tested where the round is going up at an angle.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Whoops.

Would still use over the lovely 92FS I was issued.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Cugel the Clever posted:

Found your problem.

Listen I bought that thing in December 2013 and it's got a few years left in it ok

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Train anti-drone eagles like the french did

I worry that it will just lead to some sharpened lightweight metals being put on the rotor leading edges of drones used to do something nefarious.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

are you at least using an ethernet connection on it

the wifi on ps3s are certified dogshit

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Richard Bong posted:

I worry that it will just lead to some sharpened lightweight metals being put on the rotor leading edges of drones used to do something nefarious.

That should be a goddamn hanging offense.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Still don't understand why in this day and age a 100 mb downlaod takes 30 minutes on PSN. App updates hurt, downloading new games is an all day affair. Blows cock.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Zeroisanumber posted:

That should be a goddamn hanging offense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M41aZX5ijVM

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

no it's pretty clearly a software error

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I miss that orchestra warm up sound the PS3 made when you turned it on.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Still don't understand why in this day and age a 100 mb downlaod takes 30 minutes on PSN. App updates hurt, downloading new games is an all day affair. Blows cock.

How long was PSN down a couple years back? Three months or so?

I don't really give a poo poo about games anymore, but even with dsl I can pull down a decent size game over xbox live in an hour or so, and not have to worry as much about my personal information being compromised. Or xbox live taking a multi-day poo poo. Then again, you get what you pay for.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Weird, I download full games like BF4 or whatever on PSN in less than an hour, and BF games are loving huge

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

tastefully arranged labia posted:

my ps4 downloads poo poo at like 80mb/sec

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

PS4 download speeds aside. NK talking some pretty big game about nuking the US if we act militarily in any way. Also they will not back down on their testing whatsoever. Whats the spread on this thing actually happening? I just bought a new place in the PNW and would like to see summer temperatures stay where they are.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Short Samsung

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I doubt KJU nukes the U.S.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Obviously we need to keep Koreans from entering the us until we figure out what the hell is going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Looking forward to the biggest Korean self own since Blue House

• Locked thread