Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

The doping will help with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I would like for Spurs to maybe sign some players. I realise that the season doesn't start for another six days, but maybe the squad needs more than one senior right back. And some other players.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

MrBling posted:

I would like for Spurs to maybe sign some players. I realise that the season doesn't start for another six days, but maybe the squad needs more than one senior right back. And some other players.

he's also injured lol

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Spurs were finally getting good and now won't sign good players because of their new stadium and the skyrocketing transfer fees... Couldn't have picked a worse time. Good.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

MrBling posted:

Who is even out there and isn't ridiculously expensive that would improve the First team?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Spurs will hopefully have some young players with big egos after a good season and lose out to plucky Newcastle

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

fat gay nonce posted:

Who is even out there and isn't ridiculously expensive that would improve the First team?

It isn't even about improving the first team, its more about providing some cover/rotation. Someone that can cover for Dembele when he inevitably gets injured would be nice. Before the market went insane that would probably have been Ross Barkley but now I don't even know.

Maybe whoever is in charge of scouting can find another Dele Alli down in the leagues.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

fat gay nonce posted:

Sagna still hasn't signed for anyone :grin:

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

MrBling posted:

It isn't even about improving the first team, its more about providing some cover/rotation. Someone that can cover for Dembele when he inevitably gets injured would be nice. Before the market went insane that would probably have been Ross Barkley but now I don't even know.

Maybe whoever is in charge of scouting can find another Dele Alli down in the leagues.

Yeah that's the real thing of it. We're one or two injuries at the back away from inexperienced youth in the starting 11. That's not great for a full league campaign plus domestic cups plus champions league.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Spurs will hopefully have some young players with big egos after a good season and lose out to plucky Newcastle

gayle's string cheese hamstring might have gone again so maybe not

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
The experts in here should call Barca and tell them that Coutinho isn't good enough.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Xabi posted:

The experts in here should call Barca and tell them that Coutinho isn't good enough.

More like tell the agents and journos spreading this nonsense.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Mou gave a really weird interview where he said Bale will be out at Madrid if he doesn't start in the Supercup, and that United will be waiting to sign him if that happens.

E: lmao he also said, "I only hope tomorrow the team that wins, the doping control people allow them to celebrate and enjoy their moment."

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Well he had two players get suspended because they wanted to celebrate winning a trophy before they got piss tested.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
I would have liked it if LFC had identified more than a single target player for each needed position this transfer window.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shrapnig posted:

Well he had two players get suspended because they wanted to celebrate winning a trophy before they got piss tested.

Yes and that's why it's cool and good.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
If ManU came out with a 120m+ deal for Bale. What would Pirate Bob do?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

CyberPingu posted:

Spunk all over his keyboard, thus saving us from his hot takes.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
get banned hopefully

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
You're all just jealous that you haven't been invited to guest star on the traffordcast.

In transfer news Stoke have signed chumbawamba Choupo-Moting and we might finally be close to signing Bruno Martins Indi!

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

Liverpool should sell Coutinho for 120m and use the money to hijack this imo

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Gorn Myson posted:

Liverpool should sell Coutinho for 120m and use the money to hijack this imo

Only if it got Pirate Bob perma banned. But i agree it would be pretty fun OP

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Bale is made of glass. The thought of someone paying more than 40m for him is hilarious. He missed like 30 games last season and 15 the season before

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
who are you baiting

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Meat Wagon posted:

You're all just jealous that you haven't been invited to guest star on the traffordcast.

In transfer news Stoke have signed chumbawamba Choupo-Moting and we might finally be close to signing Bruno Martins Indi!

Isn't Martins Indi hella old now?

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Bale is made of glass. The thought of someone paying more than 40m for him is hilarious. He missed like 30 games last season and 15 the season before
If we time their injuries right, we can alternate between him and Sturridge.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Bacon Terrorist posted:

He's 25

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Probably thinking of Obafemi Martins who is "32"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Its not really a surprise that the promoted teams haven't spend £20m on a single player like i've seen suggested in the press a few times

https://twitter.com/MsiDouglas/stat...s-live-13444730

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Also not surprising since Newcastle haven't sold anyone for a decent amount

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009
Espn is saying Liverpool reached an agreement with Barca

"Coutinho is set to join Barca for a base fee of €90 million (£81.6m), with bonuses that could bring the deal to €120m (£108.8m)"

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Cant see anything from anywhere else so probably false.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Not that this is reliable but /r/soccer is auto removing anything from that link so its probably not been verified by anyone.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

However.

Dembele has removed all ties to Dortmund from his Twitter account.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

ESPN have been chatting bollocks for a couple of days

And all of the Liverpool journos have come out repeating that Coutinho is not for sale, has not asked to be sold, and Barca have not submitted a second bit. I don't really see it happening.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Here's the article.

http://www.espnfc.com/story/3174603/philippe-coutinho-tells-liverpool-he-wants-to-join-barcelona-sources

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

ESPN is pretty sensationalist garbage so I wouldn't put much stock in anything they say

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Lemina to Southampton is official, he should be pretty good for them

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

I read that welsh peoples are primitive humans with no robust neanderthal DNA and they lived in caves til recently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Have any Barcelona players come out yet to attack Liverpool for holding Coutinho hostage?

• Locked thread