Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Lord of the rings type dragons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Zzulu posted:

Weren't they supposed to be elder spirits or some poo poo like that ? Since they could talk and lived for 1000's of years ? You should know more. Tolkien borrowed them from scandinavian mythology

GoT dragons are just dinosaurs

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

guys getting killed by wild savages and burned to death by dragon fire is moe like it

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

ElGroucho posted:

You're the guy who named your cat Arya, right?

My girlfriend did this and it ran away, loving owned, woman I love should have finished the books first

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007
THERE'S THREE GIANT ZOMBIE GIANTS EVERYONE'S GOING TO DIE.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i hope someone gets stabbed in teh b-hole and then gets stepped on by a giant next week OP!!!!!!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

big nipples big life posted:

bronn loling at dickon's name was the best part of the episode

Bronn hasn't lost any of his scene stealing ability not mention being able to see sand snake titties.

Also singing Bronn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyXjJngVTXk

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
I like the theory that Jamie is going to end up being the big hero because the fans investing in John Snoo and Dany Dragons are going to flip out.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Trast posted:

I like the theory that Jamie is going to end up being the big hero because the fans investing in John Snoo and Dany Dragons are going to flip out.

it's funny how you put them together it ends up a being a charisma black hole

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

The grape wont cut me loose.
"Shields and spears!! Shield and spears!! And hey why doesn't someone man this loving scorpian we brought to kill a dragon just in case of a dragon attack!!"

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Dothraki are hilariously dumb concept especially the bit in which they charged a shield wall.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Zzulu posted:

Mountain sized creatures of pure destruction and magic specifically engineered by satan as opposed to oversized pterodactyls.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

WampaLord posted:

Who are they supposed to be raping and slaving, the ashes of the Lannister army?

yes, they would skull gently caress the survivors.

Decebal posted:

The Dothraki's raping, slaving ways seem to be glossed over every time.

I guess it's their culture and we shouldn't judge

maybe she made them stop because she burnt all their leaders to death instead of getting gang raped to death.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Hey what the gently caress. I finally watched eps 3 and 4 last night. Not one goddamn person on my Facebook feed was upset that Cersei raped Jamie. I think it was in ep 3... She goes after him in the bedroom and he very explicitly said "NO" and she has sex with him anyway. Why didn't the internet care about this shameful double standard?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
it's called game of thrones not game of social justice babies

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

el B posted:

it's called game of thrones not game of social justice babies

In the game of social justice babies you win or you retreat to your safe space and start a twitter campaign.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I hope the Witcher Netflix series is gonna be better than this

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i dont want to actually watch the show someone tell me

is the big dragon dead or hurt

what happened to jaime when he attacked daenaerys targaryen

is daenaerys targaryen dead or hurt

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

ElGroucho posted:

You would think they would make battalions worth of these loving things.

ballistae take 5 turns to build and even with Kings Landings capital bonus they had to focus on infantry to take out Highgarden.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I finally caught up and lol at autism bran. Truly did warg into his own poo poo

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

i dont want to actually watch the show someone tell me

is the big dragon dead or hurt

hurt

quote:

what happened to jaime when he attacked daenaerys targaryen

Knocked out of the way (presumably by Bronn or Dick-on) of Drogon's blast into a nearby stream, but he's in armor, has one good arm, and one made of gold strapped to him and he was last seen sinking.

quote:

is daenaerys targaryen dead or hurt

No and no.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Glenn Quebec posted:

I finally caught up and lol at autism bran. Truly did warg into his own poo poo

At least it means Winterfell will be getting a high speed train system.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
So exactly why would Winterfell be turning stragglers away at this point? I get why the guards would refuse to bring Arya to Lady Stark directly, but every urchin they turn out into the cold is just another potential zombie. If you think she's a spy, then lock her up, but don't make more enemies for yourself.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Atlas Hugged posted:

So exactly why would Winterfell be turning stragglers away at this point? I get why the guards would refuse to bring Arya to Lady Stark directly, but every urchin they turn out into the cold is just another potential zombie. If you think she's a spy, then lock her up, but don't make more enemies for yourself.

Guards were dumb and funny. I like the humorous bits, like bedpan symphony

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Atlas Hugged posted:

It shows how shortsighted these retards are

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

etalian posted:

At least it means Winterfell will be getting a high speed train system.

I appreciate this :golfclap:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I appreciate this :golfclap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lutNECOZFw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tInDH2FeXaM

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
And meanwhile the White Walkers are playing Wight Dominoes while they wait for all the other plots to align.

JUST loving WAITING HERE DON'T MIND US. ASSHOLES.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

el B posted:

Hey what the gently caress. I finally watched eps 3 and 4 last night. Not one goddamn person on my Facebook feed was upset that Cersei raped Jamie. I think it was in ep 3... She goes after him in the bedroom and he very explicitly said "NO" and she has sex with him anyway. Why didn't the internet care about this shameful double standard?

He raped her on Joffrey's casket so this is just showing that this show values gender equality.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
as the rape leaves him so does the evil

when he is pure, he will have earned the right to survive

why do people get so much more fandomy for television shows than movies

is it just the constant reinforcement

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Toadvine posted:

Guards were dumb and funny. I like the humorous bits, like bedpan symphony

I feel as if I've seen this bit somewhere else before. It was fine for what it was but eh whatever.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Atlas Hugged posted:

Had to show off her ninja skills and make fun of the common man.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Jaime is the true Drowned God.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Between seasons I watched all of Ripper Street, which as far as I can gather all Game of Thrones actors are bound by some sort of ancient curse to appear in at some point.

So if you've ever wanted to see Police Detective Bronn stop Hodor from kidnapping children while being undermined at every turn by Benjen Stark, give it a shot.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
would anime or the made in america answer to weeaboos that i shall not utter here be as bad if all that stuff was movies and not mostly shows

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

would anime or the made in america answer to weeaboos that i shall not utter here be as bad if all that stuff was movies and not mostly shows

This question seems to imply that Game of Thrones is not an anime, which is incorrect.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I hope Euron's fleet warps back and he crushes Drogon and Dany with his boarding ramp thing, then saves Jaime from drowning with some drowned god bullshit and impresses Cersei even more and we finally get the finger in the bum scene (with cersei, not jaime to be clear).

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Always remember, when refuelling your dragon, all dragons take unleaded petrol.

To refuel, look for the fuel cap on the left hand side of the dragon, behind its back leg.

We recommend you use unleaded-xp for that extra efficiency and to keep your dragon running longer.

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

ElGroucho posted:

The Ice Zombies is the most boring part about the whole series. The politics and war are fun enough without adding all the zombie bullshit. I think the dragons are lame too. The less magical poo poo is happening, the more entertained I am.

I'm just gonna dredge this back up because when ever a ASoIaF discussion comes up I basically reach this conclusion. I think that this whole series was at its most exciting when GRRM and the writers couldn't just fall back on ice zombies or dragons or whatever magic to add excitement and tension to the scene. And you can see it as the books go on. Game of Thrones is all about dangerous medieval political intrigue. Clash of Kings is about how hard underclasses get hosed in wartime. Storm of Swords goes full on battle royal. Then it all get flushed down the shitter in Feast and Dance because fantasy nerds just can't handle not having dragons or zombies. Better when it was just :black101: people getting brutally murdered medieval style.

And now I think that GRRM realizes that anything he writes for the next books will basically be compared to the show (or more likely undercut the show) and he's completely hosed for whatever his original vision was (not sure he even had an ending in mind).

Also :agreed: with the gods thing. If there's one "magic" plot device I'll give this series it's that the resurrection from the fire dude and the witch who owned Drogo in the first book were good ways of showing what a high price you paid for trying to magic your way out of a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

el B posted:

men cant be raped