Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
I'm still trying to figure out how everywhere on earth was conquered but southern africa.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Mycroft Holmes posted:

I'm still trying to figure out how everywhere on earth was conquered but southern africa.

Bombate is basically African Blazkowicz, presumably.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
The most realistic answer is probably the sheer scale of ruling most of the world. Suppressing rebellious activity in the US alone would be an enormous undertaking, even with super Jew science. Add continental Europe, Russia, other big chunk of Asia, and so on and I'd imagine the Nazis are a bit stretched thin in terms of manpower.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Yeah I would presume it's logistical issues on top of fierce guerilla resistance. The bridge you gently caress up in TNO was built partly to ferry stuff to the African front, i think.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
It's only been like 10 years since they won in Europe, and that took them the better part of a decade. Even with Secret Kaballah Magic, subjugating the rest of the world is gonna be a slog.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
The new title should have been in German. :colbert:

The only reason why they have America is because the Germans nuked them and they rolled over.

Why haven't they nuked South Africa?

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Some of the ingame documents from TNO include letters from soldiers and civilians serving in South America, so overall it seems like the Third Reich has the northern hemisphere mostly sewn up, but is taking longer to digest the southern continents. Personally, I'm wondering if those speedy assassin-droid things we've seen in the trailers have been developed to augment the manpower the German army, since it seems like the Nazis have got to be at the point where there are literally not enough German/Austrian/other favored Aryan men around to properly staff their planetary occupation armies.

Oh yeah, and while all that's going on, the Third Reich is also trying to jumpstart a massive colonization and terraforming project across the inner solar system. Never a moment's rest with these people. Busy busy busy!

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

kefkafloyd posted:

I don't know if there is an in game reason but resources would be a good answer. SA has tons of gold, platinum, and diamonds. NYC was nuked to break the will of the Americans, it didn't have any specific strategic value for an occupying army.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

kefkafloyd posted:

The new title should have been in German. :colbert:

The only reason why they have America is because the Germans nuked them and they rolled over.

this. from J's speech and other stuff. it sounds like the american government bent over immediately after new york got toasted. from watching the previews it seems like at least the white south fared pretty well under the nazis. on africa, it seems like they still haven't taken it over completely yet and are still trying to take it over for more "living space" and slaves. maybe they dont view it as threat yet.

Cicadalek posted:

Yeah I would presume it's logistical issues on top of fierce guerilla resistance. The bridge you gently caress up in TNO was built partly to ferry stuff to the African front, i think.

yeah. this. they say it a few times i believe. africa is big and diverse(people wise and geologically,) they are probaly fighting all over.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

kefkafloyd posted:

Given the nature of fascism, a forever war in Africa would probably be preferable to the regime to actually winning.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Pendent posted:

Actually, what ever happened to the Soviets in the Wolfenstein universe?
Specifically, they got crushed by the Panzerhunds. Stalingrad goes very differently when you have weird magic dogmechs roaming the streets.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

I don't know if there is an in game reason but resources would be a good answer. SA has tons of gold, platinum, and diamonds. NYC was nuked to break the will of the Americans, it didn't have any specific strategic value for an occupying army.

It is probably part this and probably part Nazi arrogance. Truly the peoples of Africa would be a lesser race and not worth using such an awesome weapon on. Surely our military might will take down such peoples, when it took down the likes of the British and Russians without the use of nukes!

I would also think it would be the nature of Africa's political organization too. Africa has never really been a homogeneous country and more tribal in nature; most of the countries in Africa exist from European Colonial powers just splitting it up. So nuking NYC scares all America into surrendering, or all of Japan. Nuking Johannesburg may impact South Africa, but it likely wouldn't cause ALL of Africa to surrender.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
i think the final boss of wolfenstein 3 will be hitlers brain in a jar

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The brain will summon endless copies of clones in glass vats, who can only be destroyed when you kill the head, and automated turrets will fire at you. All in a couple minutes before a nuke is dropped on your friends.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

God, I would be so happy if this game ended up with either massive DLC expansions or standalones like The Old Blood where BJ just goes from continent to continent killing all the nazis (with various folks like Bombate joining him at different points). Set it so that "The New Colossus" is actually BJ's code name in the resistance.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
BJ would look pretty bitchin' in a copper toga. Kicking the poo poo out of the enemies of freedom! with a flame thrower called 'Liberty's Light' and a stone tablet.

They've already announced their preliminary plans for the DLC, detailed below incase anyone has missed them:

The Adventures of Gunslinger Joe – "As former professional quarterback Joseph Stallion, smash through Nazi hordes from the ruins of Chicago to the vastness of space!"
    The Diaries of Agent Silent Death – "As ex-OSS agent and assassin Jessica Valiant, infiltrate Nazi bunkers in California and discover the secrets of Operation San Andreas!"
    The Amazing Deeds of Captain Wilkins – "As the US Army’s renowned hero Captain Gerald Wilkins, embark on a mission to Nazi-controlled Alaska to dismantle Operation Black Sun!"

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Black sun, is that a call back to the last game?

Nice!

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

I'm wondering how deep that call back is gonna be. Just a name drop or are we fighting Nazithulhus again?

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

It's probably not gonna happen, but it would be neat to see those Veil Assassins again. Yeah, they're replicas (hah) of the Replica Assassins from F.E.A.R., but they had a neat design.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3VRSfLHlZw

Outlawing chocolate? The Nazis have gone too far.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

ZarathustraFollower posted:

God, I would be so happy if this game ended up with either massive DLC expansions or standalones like The Old Blood where BJ just goes from continent to continent killing all the nazis (with various folks like Bombate joining him at different points). Set it so that "The New Colossus" is actually BJ's code name in the resistance.
But The New Colossus is Anya, as established just before BJ gets hit with a nuke at the end of New Order.

Psychotic Weasel posted:

The Adventures of Gunslinger Joe - "As former professional quarterback Joseph Stallion, smash through Nazi hordes from the ruins of Chicago to the vastness of space!"
Finally, a game where you can play as Stalin.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Trust in brother, degenerate!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

It is not even the good kind of chocolate.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Yeah, you'd think they'd only outlaw...

dark chocolate! :iamafag:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Strawberry cows for the most racially pure strawberry milk.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

Psychotic Weasel posted:

BJ would look pretty bitchin' in a copper toga. Kicking the poo poo out of the enemies of freedom! with a flame thrower called 'Liberty's Light' and a stone tablet.

They've already announced their preliminary plans for the DLC, detailed below incase anyone has missed them:

The Adventures of Gunslinger Joe – "As former professional quarterback Joseph Stallion, smash through Nazi hordes from the ruins of Chicago to the vastness of space!"
    The Diaries of Agent Silent Death – "As ex-OSS agent and assassin Jessica Valiant, infiltrate Nazi bunkers in California and discover the secrets of Operation San Andreas!"
    The Amazing Deeds of Captain Wilkins – "As the US Army’s renowned hero Captain Gerald Wilkins, embark on a mission to Nazi-controlled Alaska to dismantle Operation Black Sun!"

This basically confirms that BJ's gonna die at the end :(

I mean, dude deserves some rest, but still.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Cryohazard posted:

What? How so? I mean for one thing there's probably gonna be a third game so...

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Cryohazard posted:

He died at the end of New Order too, not even death can stop BJ.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
BJ's gotta be able to have a kid at some point so that the Doom marine can come to life.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Anya is pregnant with twins.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

David D. Davidson posted:

Anya is pregnant with twins.

"I will name them Doomguy and Commander Keen. It's what BJ would have wanted."

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
BJ isn't going to die. He already fulfilled his "old soul only kept alive by vengeance" arc last game. Now he has a purpose to live for and you can't kill terror billy

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Arcsquad12 posted:

terror billy

Why would the nazis give him such a rad name

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Billy sounds insulting.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Maybe it's a reference to hillbilly along with his name? But BJs little asides about his childhood to make it sound like he's from Appalachia or at least a very rural area, so he kinda is.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Billy would've been a fairly common name back in the early 20th century so it likely wasn't meant as an insult - probably just a way of trying to dehumanize him and make him look less sympathic by giving him a foolish name adding the terror bit to the front.

To me, it just sounds like someone having a very hard time pronouncing "terribly" and sounds weird.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Psychotic Weasel posted:

To me, it just sounds like someone having a very hard time pronouncing "terribly" and sounds weird.
Revenge for BJ's atrocious German.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
BJ is from Mesquite, so probably Texas or Nevada. He says how much he wishes Anya could see it before going off to kill deathshead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Could be worse, they could have gone with something like Schreck(en?) Billy. Just imagine the crossover fanart for that.