Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

speaking of panda, dang someone found a cool easter egg in the hubris card!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

MMF Freeway posted:

For others playing frost blades, how essential are you feeling a source of chain is?

it's worthless? fb is a crowd clearing skill by itself, you have to worry about single target not even more crowd clearing

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I'm still pretty new but here is my take:

- I'd put fortify on something other than your bread and butter attack skill. You want to juice that for all the damage you can. Usually fortify goes on a move skill like leap slam. Maybe it can link with a Herald I'm not sure
- If things are really dire weapons wise just trade. You can get levelling uniques for basically nothing. But yes, as I level I'll throw an essence on a white with appropriate base as I go pretty frequently.

4-links for Fortify on Whirling Blades (currently has Blood Magic & Faster Attacks), and more damage on Blade Flurry (currently Chance to Bleed for flat damage/Gladiator explosion & Melee Physical Damage Support). Not 100% on the ideal gems for a 4 or 6-slotted Blade Flurry and if Bringer of Rain will be worth it for end-game, but I'm still new and mostly concerned about squeezing out a little more damage for the bosses people have been talking up!!

e: Chance to Bleed actually adds a lot of damage for the moment

myDad fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Aug 7, 2017

Hauki
May 11, 2010

queeb posted:

what's a good gottagofast raider build that can clear everything? After doing totems as a starter I have the urge to attack fast as hell

ele kb wander

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Ele spec throw still seems strong as well.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
So wait, Leo sells FORTY respec points for 60 of some lovely orb I already have 20 of thanks to these Harbringers?

I'll never need a full respec, but there's no way I can gently caress up this build so badly I can't fix it with FORTY points.

e: Also add Jarise, I'm in it for real I think.

Rookersh fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Aug 7, 2017

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

speaking of panda, dang someone found a cool easter egg in the hubris card!

You missed a line.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Goa Tse-tung posted:

it's worthless? fb is a crowd clearing skill by itself, you have to worry about single target not even more crowd clearing
Yeah, I am doing fine with fb using a random 5L chest and two scaeva I bought for 1c each. Good enough to clear yellow maps right now, anyway. Will need something with more punch for reds though.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Hauki posted:

ele kb wander

is this expensive as gently caress? also in a world of life/no insta es leech is it still good?

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
So why is Headhunter a near-mirror tier item while Inspired Learning is like, 5-10c?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

So why is Headhunter a near-mirror tier item while Inspired Learning is like, 5-10c?

Headhunter gives all the mods while inspired learning only gives one randomly selected mod.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

TheRat posted:

Headhunter gives all the mods while inspired learning only gives one randomly selected mod.

Oh. Well that makes more sense then, thanks.

Illuminatus
Mar 25, 2008

FNORD
RNG hates me. 6 of 10 Vaal rewards have been Detonate Dead.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I can't figure out what to pick up, what to stash and what to throw away in SSF, at least as of level 20 or so. Maybe I should just migrate back to normal Harbinger and put up with ol' poe.trade.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Anyone with Gladiator experience know how good Violent Retaliation is? Seems much better than Blood in the Eyes for damage, but the uptime on its buffs might make it a trap :shrug:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

I can't figure out what to pick up, what to stash and what to throw away in SSF, at least as of level 20 or so. Maybe I should just migrate back to normal Harbinger and put up with ol' poe.trade.

Get a loot filter.

Illuminatus
Mar 25, 2008

FNORD
https://github.com/NeverSinkDev/NeverSink-Filter

The NeverSink Filter is beautiful.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Best filter ever.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I mean I have a filter but even then I'd skip picking up most rares unless it was a best tier for the level or something, maybe, possibly. Just thinking I might need to play the pickup/ID game more if I'm gonna stay in SSF? Maybe?

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Aug 8, 2017

Illuminatus
Mar 25, 2008

FNORD

Ciaphas posted:

I mean I have a filter but even then I'd skip picking up most rares unless it was a best tier for the level or something, maybe, possibly. Just thinking I might need to play the pickup/ID game more if I'm gonna stay in SSF? Maybe?

Pickup rares but don't ID, not identified is worth more. I pickup blue belts and rings since they are small.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Running two different characters at the moment, one for co-op with the boyfriend and one for solo.

My co-op character is a summoner aura witch. Using Raging Spirits, Zombies, Lightning Golem, Wrath/Hatred, and Discipline. Once I got ascendancy and got Necro's aura passive my damage skyrocketed. The only problem is I myself am incredibly squishy. I should be getting more life nodes as I keep going though.

My solo character is a lacerate bleed duelist. Focusing on dual wielding but haven't decided between swords or axes quite yet. He's using Lacerate, Leap Slam, Arctic Armor, and Herald of Ash currently. Not sure of what else I may add, I tried Blood Rage but it felt bad to use. Things are going pretty swell so far at the start of Act 3 at least.

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
Echoing previous comments about evasion being terrible for the 3.0 bosses. I'm playing fb raider and felt incredibly squishy against bosses till I took the evasion to armor trait. It's really weird that none of the popular fb raider guides seem to have that trait.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Because Raiders typically have Dodge as well.

My Trickster is Evasion/Dodge and the only boys that gave me fits was Kitava 2.

Again, gently caress my Wither totem not being able to target him :argh:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Oh my god Charged Dash is extremely my poo poo. Took a bit getting used to but at level 40 with two perfect Fidelitas' Spikes (1 alch and 1 chaos) I'm rolling hard now. I'll swap them out for lightning-heavy elemental foils later on maybe but for now they're extremely good. The only thing that's a motherfucker is keeping up with the stat requirements, but properly rolled rares should fix that.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
Any goon guilds with space that can invite me? Character name is Schwackk.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

:toot:

Beat Act 10 on a character I'm enjoying the build, died like 5 times to the final boss but I had just reached lvl 68 so there wasn't any XP left for me to lose so that's nice.

This game really is impressive for a F2P. Even if the lore is not the focus of this game I enjoyed it quite a bit learning about it little by little. I like that there are small hooks remaining for future adventures even after we defeat a god.

Now I have 2 remaining labs to do and still have this whole map business to discover, so even more content in the future.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Did a little theory crafting with my build at higher levels, and I'm not sure it's viable :/

Ended up with these numbers (flasks on, Lion's Roar, Kiara's Determination, Overflowing Chalice):

Going to keep running & if I hit a brick wall maybe I can salvage it? Dunno, but Path of Building doesn't have the Harbinger League items, and I built this with The Unshattered Will in mind. Also need to test and see if it'd be better to use a different helm and 6-slot the Blade Flurry on a chest!

If it ends up a waste I think the defensive base could be incredible with a skill that requires less investment for a damage return (like Scorching Ray! The Unshattered Will!).

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
so. uh

i just got the prophecy to upgrade storm cloud to tempest.

figured cool, i'll never have a chance to do that.

did another prophecy cycle.

got the prophecy to kill a brittle and get storm cloud.

should i uh. should i go get tempest as a bow ranger. is it a good weapon.

it seems to be maybe fate.

e: i'm level 24. if i do this now, do i get a level 24 tempest, or do weapons not really level like that.

Rookersh fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Aug 8, 2017

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Speaking of prophecies, when should I start using coins on them now? This difficulty-setting-free world is new and strange and scary.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Worst case, Fated items sell for more than un-Fated ones.

Never not use coins

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

He hosed up portal scrolls this time. :colbert:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I'm level 19, I love my Maruader, but my brain is beginning to insist that I need to go get a new character with ranged attacks. :negative:

I just want to find out more of the plot I don't need to restart......

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

StrixNebulosa posted:

I'm level 19, I love my Maruader, but my brain is beginning to insist that I need to go get a new character with ranged attacks. :negative:

I just want to find out more of the plot I don't need to restart......

You can totally make a Marauder with ranged attacks.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Sunder is a popular option that may suit your needs.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

queeb posted:

is this expensive as gently caress? also in a world of life/no insta es leech is it still good?

Nah, it shouldn't be that expensive, it's not very popular at the moment and a good ele wand means nothing to any other build. There's still several people near the top of both ladders running life based ele wanders right now, if you wanna take a gander and see what they're doing. I think I saw some raider, some deadeye, some pathfinder earlier. There's several other viable ascendancies for it too, I'm half tempted to respec my inquisitor to wands, I'm getting tired of ball burst.

Edit: you can also do doomfletch as raider and the dude who mentioned spec throw was right on too

Hauki fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Aug 8, 2017

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Sunder is a popular option that may suit your needs.

I'll look for it, thank you!

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

myDad posted:

Did a little theory crafting with my build at higher levels, and I'm not sure it's viable :/

Ended up with these numbers (flasks on, Lion's Roar, Kiara's Determination, Overflowing Chalice):

Going to keep running & if I hit a brick wall maybe I can salvage it? Dunno, but Path of Building doesn't have the Harbinger League items, and I built this with The Unshattered Will in mind. Also need to test and see if it'd be better to use a different helm and 6-slot the Blade Flurry on a chest!

If it ends up a waste I think the defensive base could be incredible with a skill that requires less investment for a damage return (like Scorching Ray! The Unshattered Will!).

wut

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

So I'm 50ish DW gladiator sunder and... there's no guide. I'm kinda following what that guy in the op did in beta but that's not much to go on. There's slayer guides, but DW is kinda different.

Is no one playing this and it'll fade soon and I'll be super annoyed? Or am I good to at least some mapping?

Another question, is sr just RF these days or are there some builds other than RF that use it?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

silvergoose posted:

So I'm 50ish DW gladiator sunder and... there's no guide. I'm kinda following what that guy in the op did in beta but that's not much to go on. There's slayer guides, but DW is kinda different.

Is no one playing this and it'll fade soon and I'll be super annoyed? Or am I good to at least some mapping?

Another question, is sr just RF these days or are there some builds other than RF that use it?

This goes out to anyone, I know a bunch of the 3rd party ladder scraping poo poo is down right now, but look at the ladder to see what other dudes are doing successfully. There's dw sunder gladiators (and slayers) in the top 20 of like every harb ladder right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Can anyone invite CiaphasKamehameha (scorching ray needs that MTX) to whichever guild actually has room?