Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

TwoPair posted:

So Zenigata won? Good for him.

Against normal criminals? He can't be stopped.

Against Lupin? He can sometimes stop him from stealing stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
"Naruto how old are you now?"

"16"

"You sound like you're sixty. How many cigs do you go through a day?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

So there was some World of Darkness talk in another thread that made me realize Tokyo Ghoul isn't Vampire.

It's loving Beast.

It's got the whole "We're monsters who are killing people but please don't kill us" vibe to it. Apparently, the humans who try to stop you are even CALLED heroes.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

Waffleman_ posted:

So there was some World of Darkness talk in another thread that made me realize Tokyo Ghoul isn't Vampire.

It's loving Beast.

It's got the whole "We're monsters who are killing people but please don't kill us" vibe to it. Apparently, the humans who try to stop you are even CALLED heroes.

it makes perfect sense that the worst show on the block right now looks & feels like the worst system in WoD

why must we suffer like this

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Good news about the pacing of Super going forward, I guess: I just watched the first episode of the upcoming tournament, and there were two entire fights from beginning to end in a single episode!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/zenmonkeystudio/status/894409020618002432

Episode was good, but goddamn they are trying to make Pickle Rick happen bad.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
spaceballs-merchandising.jpg

I don't know if they're "trying" or just embracing the dumb and I don't particularly care. :v:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I feel like glorifying not going to therapy is a bad idea.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I think it's an awesome idea

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Dangerous Person posted:

I think it's an awesome idea

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
It's actually really awful. :mad:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I have a few friends that don't want to watch Rick and Morty because of all the memes of it that they have seen and then i tell them "look despite what the memes make it look like, it's a great show!"

Then they had to go and do this poo poo with Pickle Rick and proved them right :sigh:

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

I found Rick and Morty an awful show.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I feel like glorifying not going to therapy is a bad idea.

I don't think it was really glorifying that though? The end of the episode makes it clear that whole family needs therapy and they're all kinds of messed up because of Rick. Rick's actions and motivations are portrayed as clearly in the wrong even if it is funny to watch. And yeah, the after-credits stinger makes a joke about how it payed off in the end but that was clearly a joke. Anybody taking "Don't go to therapy" as a serious suggestion from this comedy is the same sort of idiot who thinks Tyler Durden is right in Fight Club.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think they were talking about the pin with "I avoided going to therapy today!" like a gold star rather than the episode itself.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hey, guess what! The My Brother, My Brother, and Me show is now free to watch on VRV, and to celebrate, I might show another episode this Saturday. Would you like advice on:

Ghosts
The Illuminati
or The Holiday Season?

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Aug 10, 2017

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Waffleman_ posted:

Hey, guess what! The My Brother, My Brother, and Me show is now free to watch on VRV, and to celebrate, I might show another episode this Saturday. Would you like advice on:

Ghosts
The Illuminati
or The Holiday Season?

I think I saw pieces of that Illuminati one so I say we should go with that one.

dungeon cousin fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Aug 11, 2017

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I second the illuminati episode

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

LAST WEEK

Dragon Ball Super: Beerus' brother from another universe pops in and challenges us to a tournament for the SUPER DRAGON BALLS

Dragon Ball Z Kai: Babidi gets iced and Vegeta makes the ultimate sacrifice.

Stardust Crusaders: Jotaro faces the first of DIO's minions, Kakyoin, master of Hierophant Green.

Hunter x Hunter: CARDS! IT'S CARDS!

Lupin III: Zenigata shows us he's actually pretty good at his job.

Spice and Wolf: Holo stops Lawrence from getting ripped off and the two meet a shepherd named Nora who leads them to a city where everyone is acting weird.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

http://taima.tv/r/goonami

I mean, if you want.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Is anyone else having problems connecting to taima?

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Tights finally shows up tonight!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
To help the people that don't quite get Greed Island yet. An effort post.

Each player of Greed Island gets a binder with 145 card slots in it. 100 Restricted slots for the Cards number 00 to 99 and 45 free slots they can put anything they want in. To win the game you must fill slots 00 to 99. The prize for winning is to take 3 of the restricted cards of your choice into the real world.

All Cards are items or creatures in the game. When acquired they turn into cards, and can be put in the binder. All Cards however are single use only. Once used they transform back into the item or creature they were, they can't be turned back into cards and the item must be acquired again.

Cards all have a rarity value and maximum conversion limit. The rarer the card the lower the conversion limit is. The conversion limit is how many of an item can be turned into a card, so if a card has a limit of 3 conversions, then only 3 copies of that card can exist, so anyone that acquires the item in the future will be unable to turn it into a card. The limit increases once a card is used, or card is destroyed via the death of it's owner.

Any object or creature in the game can be turned into a card, stuff like worthless rocks have an infinite conversion limit. But at the same time are worthless so there is no real point in turning them into cards. If a Card is aquired it must be put into a binder within 1 minute or it reverts back to item form.

Spell cards are a type of Card that are used into game for many types of effects. Such as tracking other players, leaving the game, or countering other spells. Like all cards they are one use, but don't turn into items upon use, as they are simply effects. No spell cards are capable of directly harming another player.

Cards we have encountered thus far. The meanings of things on top of a card are in order left to right. Card Number, Name, Rarity (from SS to H) Conversion limit.

Peek
Effect: View contents of target player's (previously met) free slots.

Fluroscopy
Effect: View contents of target player's (previously met) restricted slots.

Return
Effect: Allows caster to fly back to a previously visited city.

Adhesion
Effect: Complete data of one player's restricted slots will be available at all times. (Effect lasts until player leaves the game.)

Thief
Effect: Steals a random card from target player's restricted slot.

Galgaida
Effect: This fish when cooked, tastes delicious.

Sword of Truth (restricted slot card)
Effect: Splits in two anything and anyone deceitful. In trials, it's a criminal's worst nightmare. The sword will shatter when used to cut something true, but will regenerate if stored in its scabbard for one day.

Leave
Effect: Makes the target player leave the island. (Aka Lets you go back to the real world)

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Aug 13, 2017

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

I think I'm somehow more confused. :psyduck:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TwoPair posted:

How so. I think I explained it well.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

TwoPair posted:

They only printed four Blue-Eyes White Dragons, and Seto Kaiba wants to tear up the fourth one.

i think that's what's going on here, right

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

so is this a Pass Right or a Pass Left hand or what here

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kerning Chameleon posted:

They only printed four Blue-Eyes White Dragons, and Seto Kaiba wants to tear up the fourth one.

i think that's what's going on here, right

The difference would be that if Kaiba played one of the blue eyes he could not longer use it until he found it again. And even if he found it again, if someone else found it first, he would not be able to turn it into a card.

Here let me help but explaining everything on a single card.

Sword of Truth (restricted slot card)
Effect: Splits in two anything and anyone deceitful. In trials, it's a criminal's worst nightmare. The sword will shatter when used to cut something true, but will regenerate if stored in its scabbard for one day.

Sword of Truth is Card 83 meaning it's one of the 100 cards needed to win the game aka One of the restricted slot cards. It's rarity is B meaning it's the 4th hardest type of card to get. (A, S and SS being the higher rarities.) Lastly it has a conversion limit of 22, so only 22 Swords of truth cards can exist at once. Anyone that gets the Sword of truth in the future while that limit is filled can't turn it into a card. The limit will go down if someone uses the Sword of Truth Card to turn it back into a sword, or if a person with the sword of truth in their binder dies.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Super Time.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Souzetsu ☆ Chouzetsu ☆ Dynamic!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I can't wait for Dragon Ball Survivor Series.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Why would Vegeta suggest a test when their strongest guy still doesn't know that marriage isn't a food?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Vegeta the test is a stupid idea.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Quick question: can a player take anything other than the clothes on their back into the game? Like can Gon take his fishing pole and use it in the game? Or can someone bring, say, a weapon with them into the game and use it?

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

so are we playing by Nar'Shadaa or Galactic Senate rules here

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

lol the suits sinking into the ground

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Why would Vegeta suggest a test when their strongest guy still doesn't know that marriage isn't a food?

Presumably it's not a difficult test, just one that literally requires being able to recognize written speech and respond in kind.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SgtSteel91 posted:

Quick question: can a player take anything other than the clothes on their back into the game? Like can Gon take his fishing pole and use it in the game? Or can someone bring, say, a weapon with them into the game and use it?

Yeah anything on them comes in.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Those suits where never seen again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

DAMMIT BULMA

• Locked thread