Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Lycus posted:

Is he huge dude on Black Sails, or is it the armor?

Yeah he's a huge guy

E: He's 6'5" apparently. Oh and his name is Tom Hopper.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Aug 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Lycus posted:

Is he a huge dude on Black Sails, or is it the armor?

A bit from both

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
I think Sam's dad can be forgiven for considering that dude a more promising heir.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I don't think Melessa Tarly is an honorable woman.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Lycus posted:

I don't think Melessa Tarly is an honorable woman.
Sam's real dad is Mace Tyrell.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Sam's real dad is Mace Tyrell.

Melessa couldn't resist that crooning.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

When Dany said bend the knee, what she really wanted was for Jon to eat her out

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
https://vimeo.com/13634653

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
I hope Dany kills John just so Bran can autistically say "that was your nephew."

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!
Here in spain at the end of the reconquest there where two huge kingdowns. Castilla and Aragon. Aragon had many lands in the mediterranean sea. Castilla was more a inland power.

With the power of marriage they joined forced, they where legally both kings, so it was a kingdown with two kings, a women king and a men king ( castille had Fernando, aragon had Isabel).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Monarchs

The interesting thing here, is that legally no one was lower rank than the other. I think this solution fit well the problem of John Snow and Dany. If they marry, they can have the cake and eat it. John continue to be King and Dany can be Queen. Perhaps even good King & Queen.

Tei fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Aug 8, 2017

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

precision posted:

Just lmao if you think Jaime is dead

Did you also think Oberyn was gonna win
On the flip side it would be pretty lol if Jaime actually was rescued at the last second from that dragon fire only to end up dying immediately by drowning due to that rescue.

Real talk though - just lol at anyone who thinks Jaime isn't going to get pulled out by someone in the next episode.

Also Emilia Clarke and Kit Harrington scenes are like a charisma vacuum.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Cersei is gonna be like "Burn them all" as Dany arrives, only to be stabbed in the back by Jaime. He takes off his face mask revealing himself to be Syrio Forel.

"Not today"

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Lycus posted:

Is he a huge dude on Black Sails, or is it the armor?

Dude's nickname is Billy Forearms, so you tell me.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tei posted:

Qyburn would not make a weapon that is not poisoned. He is just that type of mad doctor / master alchemist.

It would be pretty awesome if Drogon die the same way Kahl Drogo did.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

some guy on the bus posted:

Um, why is Dany invading again, starting a stupid war, and killing thousands of people instead of staying in Essos?

This invasion alone makes her a million times worse than Cersei and by far the worst character currently on the show.

She can't run a government in Essos anyway. Remember she insisted publicly execute a dude and got hissed at by the entire population?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
She is not invading she is liberating the people from a Monarchy and replacing it with an indifferent dictatorship.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Constant posted:

Bran becomes the Night King to keep the dead under control.
There must always be a Lich Night King.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Elephanthead posted:

She is not invading she is liberating the people from a Monarchy and replacing it with an indifferent dictatorship.

Additionally, what's the plan for the Dothraki? She's going to create a new peaceful world with a group that lives for killing and raping?

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I think their plan is to sail back to Essos with a bunch of new bells in their hair and that's about it.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Wheeler W Wetherby posted:

Could someone please make a subbed gif of Dickon correcting Bronn on his name and Bronn laughing at him? That moment spoke to me.

I'm bad at video editing, but here's an attempt:

http://i.imgur.com/6Y2piYU.mp4

DentArthurDent
Aug 3, 2010

Diddums
Lots of people are speculating that Dany will lose a dragon at the end of this season to increase tension.

(And, if Qyburn is smart enough to poison his ballista bolts, then she's already lost Drogon.)

Personally, though, I would like to see her lose all three dragons before the season ends, maybe in a disastrous attempt to attack Kings Landing. It would shake things up immensely, remove that powerful connection she has with the previous Targaryen rulers, and force her to deal with her enemies in a more conventional fashion. Also, as we saw from this episode, the dragons are virtually unstoppable. One dragon roasted an entire Lannister army in no time. Even if Drogon is now mortally injured, she still has two more, and is now aware of Qyburn's anti-dragon weapon. The dragons would also solve the problems north of the wall in no time whatsoever - I doubt the White Walkers can build heavy weapons...

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!
Dany should have choosen the middle. Burn castles, but not cities. If you want to end a medieval world and impose a empire, destroying castles steal the aristrocrats from their strongholds, put them on a level where the emperor is the strong figure. Turn every castle that oppose you into harrendal. IMHO.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
Why is the scorpion such an innovation when they've had giant bolt throwers like it on the Wall for presumably centuries???

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

peer posted:

Why is the scorpion such an innovation when they've had giant bolt throwers like it on the Wall for presumably centuries???

Everyone in Westeros in borderline retarded due to centuries of incest and alcoholism.

Wyatt Derp
Jul 9, 2014

Blue Lives matter
Because the Scorpion shoots dragons, not things trying to get over the wall. The intent with which it was designed is what makes the difference

Perhaps the Snow Miser will turn one of her dragons into an ice dragon which will level the playing field a bit.

Wyatt Derp fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Aug 8, 2017

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Tei posted:

The interesting thing here, is that legally no one was lower rank than the other. I think this solution fit well the problem of John Snow and Dany. If they marry, they can have the cake and eat it. John continue to be King and Dany can be Queen. Perhaps even good King & Queen.

This is a cool idea that I'm hoping they're currently angling for on this show.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

That was a great episode.

Roman Reigns posted:

This is a cool idea that I'm hoping they're currently angling for on this show.

They obviously are. There aren't any other obvious marriage candidates for Dany, and she made a big deal about maybe having to marry some Westerosi for an alliance when she was breaking up with whatshisname.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

DentArthurDent posted:

Lots of people are speculating that Dany will lose a dragon at the end of this season to increase tension.

(And, if Qyburn is smart enough to poison his ballista bolts, then she's already lost Drogon.)

Personally, though, I would like to see her lose all three dragons before the season ends, maybe in a disastrous attempt to attack Kings Landing. It would shake things up immensely, remove that powerful connection she has with the previous Targaryen rulers, and force her to deal with her enemies in a more conventional fashion. Also, as we saw from this episode, the dragons are virtually unstoppable. One dragon roasted an entire Lannister army in no time. Even if Drogon is now mortally injured, she still has two more, and is now aware of Qyburn's anti-dragon weapon. The dragons would also solve the problems north of the wall in no time whatsoever - I doubt the White Walkers can build heavy weapons...

At least one dragon has to survive to fight the White Walkers (and promptly be killed by the Night King throwing an ice spear at it). That is the battle people have been waiting for since season 1, and I doubt HBO is going fail to deliver.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Given the route Cercei is going, I wouldn't be surprised if Jaime ends up in the same position he is before, forced to slit her throat as she tries to burn the city to the ground out of spite.

Then her Targ ancestry will be revealed somehow.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

peer posted:

There are a couple of things that would be a meaningful innovation above what they knew:
-Making it pintle-mounted so that it can rotate quickly and shoot upwards.
-Making it compact and lightweight enough to be easily carried in a wagon
-Simplifying it to the point where a single guy can assemble and ready it in a couple of seconds
-Increasing its power (note the additional pair of arms up top) to the point where it can shoot a heavy projectile fast enough that you have some hope of hitting an airborne target.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

CornHolio posted:

Given the route Cercei is going, I wouldn't be surprised if Jaime ends up in the same position he is before, forced to slit her throat as she tries to burn the city to the ground out of spite.

If he were smart he'd just let Dany into the throne room. They'd both be too busy fighting over the match to actually go through with it.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

CornHolio posted:

Cercei's mom hooked up with a Targ, lol. I guess that is why the Jamie kids were only partially special. Jaime and Bronn gonna get forced to take the Black or die. Everyone gets shipped to the wall for ice war II.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Tei posted:

Dany should have choosen the middle. Burn castles, but not cities. If you want to end a medieval world and impose a empire, destroying castles steal the aristrocrats from their strongholds, put them on a level where the emperor is the strong figure. Turn every castle that oppose you into harrendal. IMHO.

You can't have the iron throne if you melt the castle it's in though.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Nail Rat posted:

The Iron Throne looks uncomfortable. Dany might prefer to replace it with an Iron Keep.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Nail Rat posted:

molten iron is still iron

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
danys gonna marry jorah ❤❤❤

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

fridge corn posted:

danys gonna marry jorah ❤❤❤

Please he doesn't even have a Navy.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Elephanthead posted:

Please he doesn't even have a Navy.
Yeah!

She'll marry Gendry.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

steinrokkan posted:

molten iron is still iron

It's really less of a throne at that point, and more of a stiff bean bag chair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

ghostwritingduck posted:

Additionally, what's the plan for the Dothraki? She's going to create a new peaceful world with a group that lives for killing and raping?

I'm really hoping if (when) she takes the throne they make her deal with some of the fallout. Dothraki rampaging around King's Landing like they did to Mirri whatever's sheep people, stepping over burnt peasant husks on the way to the keep, people fleeing in terror from her while other shout and fling poo poo. She sure isn't breaking that wheel.

This show usually has awesome King's Landing mobs so here's hoping.

• Locked thread