Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I don't mind the ice zombies and the eternal winter or whatever. They're neat. One of my favourite scenes is when the Night King is staring at Jon Snow and then resurrects all the wildlings around him without ever breaking eye contact with the living. That was cool, creepy and atmospheric

I also like the idea that we get the realms fighting each other in traditional wars at the start of the show while the supernatural creeps closer just out of view

But, it's been 7 years now. The zombie war needs to fuckin start already but we're still doing lannisters vs starks. It just feels muddled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
ice zombies function as a flagrant metaphor for anything that's gonna ruin everyone's poo poo if we continue to waste all our resources fighting over who gets to enjoy the most resources. It's like a stand in for basic game theory.

Everyone works together: everyone wins
Everyone works against each other: everyone loses
Some faction of people work against everyone: That faction wins (maybe)

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozkHwFG91AI

This is good. The zombies aren't interesting, but they're just weapons used by the iceguy and this scene made me want to see more of him.

I think the best part is the silence. You've just seen like a huge battle at Hardhome and it was screams and swords and death and skellymans rattling everywhere hysterically. But then the Night King just tells 'em to stop and resurrects everyone and there are no words or swelling music. It owns

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Zzulu posted:

I think the best part is the silence. You've just seen like a huge battle at Hardhome and it was screams and swords and death and skellymans rattling everywhere hysterically. But then the Night King just tells 'em to stop and resurrects everyone and there are no words or swelling music. It owns

I can see eye to eye on this part. I just think that ice zombies aren't needed, they're just a plot device to force everyone together and that can be done many other ways. But looking at the Night King as a kind of warlock is slightly more original than "the smartest zombie"

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

I hope the Witcher Netflix series is gonna be better than this

Zero chance of that show being good.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Dragons are fine and fun to watch. Lore-wise they are the only reason the 7 kingdoms ever became one country at all.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
If you were a medieval commander of the Lannister army and you knew 3 dragons were coming for ya, what would you do

Ballistas are not allowed

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Volunteer some dudes for a heroic rear guard action and ride back to KL to bang my sister.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Zzulu posted:

If you were a medieval commander of the Lannister army and you knew 3 dragons were coming for ya, what would you do

Run. But the Lannisters should have gotten the crazy alchemist dude who turned the mountain into a zombie to come up with some sort of magical anti-dragon super weapon instead of a lame ballista.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
He should have invented a really big sword. Like, a huge sword

Then like, 20 guys would have sto stand on eachothers shoulders and swing the sword at the dragon

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

I hope the Witcher Netflix series is gonna be better than this

Somebody convince me this is a joke.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.

Lil Peeler posted:

And you can see it as the books go on. Game of Thrones is all about dangerous medieval political intrigue.

And this is why Sansaz whether people like or not because the actress isn't very good at it, is the best Stark. Cause she's not dumb medieval Batman, or 3 eyed autist, or resurrected/whatever Jon Snow's deal is, but she's the one Stark who learned how to handle the political intrigue that got Sean Bean killed.

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008

Zzulu posted:

Arrange my forces in a Y shape. Then this would happen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jo9h7y5VFA

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

The Dennis System posted:

Zero chance of that show being good.

but what if it's good

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Pickle Rick > GoT.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Zzulu posted:

Set everything on fire before they get there so they'll think some other dragon took care of them and leave.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Set everything on fire

HBO's M.O.

http://i.imgur.com/mFamH8e.gifv

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

You know... My first instinct would probably be to drop the very useless shield and start rolling.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
man goons hate everything, that episode owned

also brienne was clearly holding back so that she wouldn't inadvertently kill a noble lady who she was sworn to you know protect

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Who gives a gently caress about Brienne or Arya at this point

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

ElGroucho posted:

would gently caress Brienne or Arya at this point

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

i hope the burny godzilla is ok

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I hope Euron's fleet warps back and he crushes Drogon and Dany with his boarding ramp thing, then saves Jaime from drowning with some drowned god bullshit and impresses Cersei even more and we finally get the finger in the bum scene (with cersei, not jaime to be clear).

This except when Euron pulls Jaime out he takes his gold hand and sticks its index finger in Cersei's bee hole

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

HAT FETISH posted:

i hope the burny godzilla is ok

quote:

The next few years of the war became more and more violent. The Targaryens returned to Dorne to unleash their dragons, and the Dornish responded with fire of their own. In 10 AC, at Hellholt a bolt from a scorpion pierced Meraxes through the eye. The dragon fell from the sky with Rhaenys on its back, destroying half the castle. It is not certain whether Rhaenys outlived Meraxes. There are those who say that Rhaenys lost her seat and fell to her death, while others claim that Rhaenys was crushed to death beneath Meraxes in the castle yard. A few accounts claim that Rhaenys survived the fall and died a slow death, being tortured by the Ullers. Due to the uncertainty about Rhaenys's exact death, history records that she died in 10 AC at Hellholt in Dorne. Her body was never returned to King's Landing

The real tragedy is that Bronn won't even get badpussy for his efforts.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

darkhand posted:

They ruined every character except maybe Jamie.

I hope they all die, bring in the reign of child-framed evil night king

I hope they all keep dying/getting resurrected/ warged by Bran going into the past until they're just shuffling monsters who can only say one word like Hodor.

Then the live action pokemon show can begin.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Rotacixe posted:

Arrange my forces in a Y shape. Then this would happen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jo9h7y5VFA

What was their plan here?

Like, even if the kid would have stayed in the water they woulda crashed into eachother and explode just like they did there

Gosh

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

this is really loving cool lol

[edit] im the one guy who didnt catch fire but still act like im on fire

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

haha dude on the far left running around but not on fire

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I kind of hate that it's always a known character doing something. It should of been a bunch of redshirts shooting that thing instead of bronn video game quick time eventing his way through the battlefield.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
why

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I would rather Dany, Jamie, Jon, and Tyrion all die than have Bronn be killed.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Glenn Quebec posted:

I kind of hate that it's always a known character doing something. It should of been a bunch of redshirts shooting that thing instead of bronn video game quick time eventing his way through the battlefield.

I think it was kind of reasonable in this case considering he had to get through a dothraki guy charging at him and evade him. Bronn is good at escaping things, random redshirt guy probably isn't as much.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I have no doubt the show runners are going to do some lame poo poo, like have Bronn killed doing some noble thing in order to make some lovely statement. They should let Bronn ride off in to the sunset with a bad bitch.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

ElGroucho posted:

I have no doubt the show runners are going to do some lame poo poo, like have Bronn killed doing some noble thing in order to make some lovely statement. They should let Bronn ride off in to the sunset with a bad bitch.

They're gonna give him his castle and his kid named Tyrion just like in the books.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Bronn should of hosed off before the Dornish adventures.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Didn't bronn get a little castle and a plump maiden and he was bored as hell until Jaime showed up to take him on more adventures?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Toadvine posted:

Didn't bronn get a little castle and a plump maiden and he was bored as hell until Jaime showed up to take him on more adventures?

uhhhhhh no he got the retarded Lollys and was going to kill her family so they could have the castle but then Cersei broke off the engagement leaving him with jack poo poo and Jaime was like, "well, I guess you could come with me if you still want a castle."

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What Bronn wants most is Jaime deep inside of him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Tinfoil Papercut posted: