Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Thanks for the info. My daughter likes Pikmin but can't quite manage the console versions yet. Yoshi is just a touch stone since she was able to play most of it. If she can beat the levels she'll be satisfied, may pick it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Woolly World was fun as I was playing it but thinking about the sheer amount of collectibles per level makes me not want to go back

I wonder if they'll change things up for the Switch Yoshi game or if it'll be the same poo poo with one new gimmick

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's no way that they can top 2,970 collectibles in one game.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Woolly World was fun as I was playing it but thinking about the sheer amount of collectibles per level makes me not want to go back

I wonder if they'll change things up for the Switch Yoshi game or if it'll be the same poo poo with one new gimmick

i got almost every collectible except for the bonus worlds and ill probably go back one day and get those ones

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

*looks at 2960/2970 collected and frowns slightly*

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I got all 2,970 but never beat the last boss rush. That shits hard.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

There's no way that they can top 2,970 collectibles in one game.

The next Yoshi game is going to have 2,971 collectibles. And they won't even have a hard time coding it I bet.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i collected all the cantaloupe in yoshi's story which was the last one i played. yatta

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't think I collected all the red coins in every level but maybe I did, I played woolly world in the same opiate induced post surgery haze as DQVIII

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

rediscover posted:

The next Yoshi game is going to have 2,971 collectibles. And they won't even have a hard time coding it I bet.

the next yoshi game is going to include wooly world in its entirety day of the tentacle style

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/894891031409250306

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
:swoon:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm looking forward to that game a lot

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

In Training posted:

I'm looking forward to that game a lot

the guy who made the fangame got hired by the ori studio, so pretty much everybody won in the end

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

ArfJason posted:

the guy who made the fangame got hired by the ori studio, so pretty much everybody won in the end

Us, the gamers, most of all

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lotta footage of Samus Returns coming out today and it looks pretty sick. It's reminding me a lot of Zero Mission where they're taking pretty big liberties with the map and upgrades and design and just calling it Metroid 2 inspired. The counter seems fun, and there's a Aeion System that lets you ping the map for hidden rooms, like a actually useful X Ray visor from Super Metroid. The only thing I haven't seen, that I hope they do, is that they don't end up super beholden to the "hunt X Metroids" idea and have more interesting bosses. AM2R was smart enough to throw in some curveballs and I hope Nintendo proper does something new with it as well. My interest in this game has improved dramatically

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i watched the treehouse gameplay and was really underwhelmed..the scan seemed super broken too. but we'll see. the 3ds looks sick

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

extremebuff posted:

i watched the treehouse gameplay and was really underwhelmed..the scan seemed super broken too. but we'll see. the 3ds looks sick

samus can throw her visor at a frog and become the frog

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

in metroid fusion a frog becomes samus

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

:stonk:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

oddium posted:

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/SuperMeatBoy/status/895389679943532544

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Overcooked pwns I didn't know it existed until I saw it on Switch store

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Sweet, another game I played 7 years ago!

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Sweet, another game I played 7 years ago!
Hopefully it's $30 like Cave Story.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

Hopefully it's $30 like Cave Story.

I think Isaac was like 40 so probably lol.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Binding of Isaac was like $20 man... Minecraft was the $30 one LOL

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Binding of Isaac was like $20 man... Minecraft was the $30 one LOL

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/the-binding-of-isaac-afterbirth-plus-switch

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Wtf

e: Oh yeah it was $20 during that Best Buy thing a while back oops.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Neogaf master gamer:
Boxed retail hype overload! Triple dipping on this! My display case is about to get a bit more epic, the Braid Legendary Edition will be in godly company

Miserable Imp Zone dipshit denied the true glory of gaming:
Lol indy games. two and a half pages of Rich Evans emptyquotes because apparently that's cool

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
Lol

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

I think Isaac was like 40 so probably lol.

Isacc's somewhat new and continues to get new content, Cave Story was a free game that Nicalis continues to up the price on just because they can

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

Neogaf master gamer:
Boxed retail hype overload! Triple dipping on this! My display case is about to get a bit more epic, the Braid Legendary Edition will be in godly company

Lol indy games. two and a half pages of Rich Evans emptyquotes because apparently that's cool

Hahaha

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't beat like any of the staff ghosts in MK8D and it's breaking my spirit

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

Neogaf master gamer:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

Beating all the ghost on 150cc is good practice for how to play every stage (and it unlocks gold wheels or something I think). I did it as a change of pace between online and getting all gold medals in Grand Prix.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

i beat the staff ghosts on every single level on mario kart DS when i was 11

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

rediscover posted:

i beat the staff ghosts on every single level on mario kart DS when i was 11
*checks the 'games you beat 2016' thread* hmm this checks out.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

*checks the 'games you beat 2016' thread* hmm this checks out.

Booyah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I failed on the first track like 6 times and now I'm trying different ones and they're all way easier