Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Sara
Claire
Sharon
Crow
Olivert
View Results

• Locked thread
Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
Trails experts - should I wait for Ao/Zero to be translated before playing this (I'm in the middle of 3rd rn)? Does CS spoil anything that happens during Crossbell arc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a couple of things, but also, the crossbell games spoil a couple of things that happen in cold steel, and these games (cold steel 1 especially) is meant for players new to the trails series

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

According to those who have played it, Ao spoils more of CS than CS spoils of Zero/Ao. Like 99% have not played Zero/Ao and we're fine.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Terminally Bored posted:

Trails experts - should I wait for Ao/Zero to be translated before playing this (I'm in the middle of 3rd rn)? Does CS spoil anything that happens during Crossbell arc?

They happen concurrently so in a way the answer is yes, but it would still be yes if you played them in the opposite order. So I would just go ahead and play it.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
Thanks, that's a relief! Also thanks to the programmer-goonette for adding turbo to 3rd. That was the only thing I didn't like about the series.

NotASmartMan
Jul 28, 2017
I am still meandering through. Chapter 1 boss was brutal on Nightmare. Good thing its AI was so stupid. If you use the two Gordi chiefs as blockers, the big boss will literally just stand there for 70% of its turns.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
If you wanted more Fie/Laura scenes, more of those scenes are voiced now during the Heimdall chapter.

(I have Laura Tekkened so I can tell which is new).

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
This port is sure some wizardry. Had to adjust a few settings, but it's running really well on my relatively potato computer.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
I've reached Chapter 4, and this whole point I'm not feeling any fear from the antagonists because they're up against Chancellor Osbourne, and they think they can win? I feel so much pity for them just by seeing his brief appearance in TITS 3rd. I'm wondering whether this would change? To the credit of the game though, I love all 9 of Class VII, and it's so hard to choose who's in my party whenever I get a choice.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Not gonna go into spoilers obviously but you're in for a treat come endgame. :allears:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Chapter 4 is like halfway into the game. And the second half is a lot more in terms of actual plot now that you're done being jerry springer.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Yeah, Chapter 5 and 6 really start ramping up the plot.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The best thing about the Cold Steel games is ditching the fivehead and making Osborne sexy as hell

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Look at that beautiful, extremely angular goatee. How many nations has he stabbed with it?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Do you remember how many Egg Soups have you sold in your life? :smug:

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Terper posted:

Do you remember how many Egg Soups have you sold in your life? :smug:

Enough to permanently break the Erebonian economy, thus causing a recession and somehow ruining your plans, Osborne. Can't run an army if you can't move supplies.

edit: so yeah actually I just used cheat engine after hitting 50,000 mira but I could have gotten to 900,000 anyway. It just would have taken a few hours.

NotASmartMan
Jul 28, 2017

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Look at that beautiful, extremely angular goatee. How many nations has he stabbed with it?

Don't be silly. He merely helps them out when they're having some trouble, which he had nothing to do with. Don't slander the wonderful champion of the common man.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

NotASmartMan posted:

Don't be silly. He merely helps them out when they're having some trouble, which he had nothing to do with. Don't slander the wonderful champion of the common man.

Yep, he just happened to send a bunch of steam powered tanks to the Liberl border at the exact time when all orbments were turned off to 'help' Liberl.

He certainly wasn't trying to take over the country or anything.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

NotASmartMan posted:

The goatee is actually a mortar spreader, so as to help them build greatness.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I would punch Osborne but that facial hair would puncture straight through my fist. :smith:

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

I would punch Osborne but that facial hair would puncture straight through my fist. :smith:

Also he'd use you punching him to annex your country.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Also he'd use you punching him to annex your country.

Pffft, he'd have done it before I even raised my hand.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The bosses that basically laugh at physical damage are probably my biggest obstacles on hard.

I did not like Unsurtr, partly because he starts first and whatever he uses can immediately end the fight.

Also had to reset a practical exam because Fie one-shotted me with Scud. Damage is sometimes way absurd.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I think Scud Ripper just proc'd its 30% Deathblow if it one-shot you, lol.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I'm not sure who's dumber, Machias and Jusis for actually thinking they could beat Sara and get the assignment changed, or Rean for choosing to join in when she asked for basically no reason.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
you have to listen to your teach

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Tae posted:

The bosses that basically laugh at physical damage are probably my biggest obstacles on hard.

You did give Emma either criminal or pandora master quartz, right?

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Justin_Brett posted:

I'm not sure who's dumber, Machias and Jusis for actually thinking they could beat Sara and get the assignment changed, or Rean for choosing to join in when she asked for basically no reason.

Sara loves harassing Rean (partially for his own good, partially for her own amusement) so it wasn't really a suggestion on her part. Refusing would have just resulted in much annoyance for him for a while after - better to just take a few lumps and put her in a good mood.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

OddObserver posted:

You did give Emma either criminal or pandora master quartz, right?

Pandora isn't available yet, and elliot does like 4k per attack which is good but not fast. Doesn't help that my best mages are also my best healers.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I Sure Do Wonder What Durante's Been Up To

Ah.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Autosaves? Neat.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Osborne did nothing wrong.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Do bonding points carry over from day to the evening? Should I be randomly saving my points even if I don't know who will be available? Still on my first day.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

poe meater posted:

Do bonding points carry over from day to the evening? Should I be randomly saving my points even if I don't know who will be available? Still on my first day.

points do carry over from day to evening, but evening events aren't any more important so just spend them on whoever

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Okay thanks. Games pretty cool on hard. I had to run away from this horde of bunnies.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Pit Demons gibbed my party in two Devil Beams. School House Basement is probably the worst of this game unless it contains something absolutely mind-blowing.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Justin_Brett posted:

Pit Demons gibbed my party in two Devil Beams. School House Basement is probably the worst of this game unless it contains something absolutely mind-blowing.

Uhh, nope, nothing at all.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

school house basement is fine because every floor of it is like three-four screens long, max and the boss fights are usually fun challenges.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Justin_Brett posted:

Hey I fought that boss yesterday so I loaded a save to capture some footage.

http://polsy.org.uk/play/yt/?vurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DOQ2RvmzH63Q

polsy'd because of spoilers in the sidebar

Terper fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Aug 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

The Colonel posted:

points do carry over from day to evening, but evening events aren't any more important so just spend them on whoever

I don't recall this being the case. I thought you had to spend the day bonding points during the day, because some events are locked to that part of the day.

• Locked thread