Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Man these guys have made what, 2, 3 videos already about that ghost busters everyone's forgotten and gotten over by now? Mike really can't get over that poo poo.
On the other hand, someone obsessively hateful about something can produce some excellent comedy, even many years after it was relevant (see: all plinkett reviews)

The most hosed up problematic thing they've ever done though is Jack's mouse+gamepad combo though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

The most hosed up problematic thing they've ever done though is Jack's mouse+gamepad combo though.

I think this is a belief that can unite us all.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
reminds me of all the weird control schemes they let u choose in n64 goldeneye, including using 2 n64 controllers at once so u could use a joystick in each hand.

it didnt work good

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

bring back old gbs posted:

reminds me of all the weird control schemes they let u choose in n64 goldeneye, including using 2 n64 controllers at once so u could use a joystick in each hand.

it didnt work good

makes more sense if u do this

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

WampaLord posted:

I think this is a belief that can unite us all.

:shrug: I just converted to PC and I use a mouse + joystick combo. WASD is the inferior option, you can't even control the speed of your movement, it's either on or off.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I was seriously going to joke that "It's as crazy as someone playing a FPS using a mouse and a flight sim joystick" and some how swearing the rudder twist controls give a huge FPS advantage.

I guess I'll have to move on and say "at least he isnt using a mouse + race sim setup using the steering wheel to strafe and the pedals for forward/back"

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Imagine if battlegrounds had a full VR setup that made you run on a treadmill, so many fat goons would get into shape or die of heart attacks.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

WampaLord posted:

Almost all fiction written by men is about bad dads in one form or another.

So they wrote Mass Effect 2?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

the good fax machine posted:

:shrug: I just converted to PC and I use a mouse + joystick combo. WASD is the inferior option, you can't even control the speed of your movement, it's either on or off.

For what type of game is this superior?

I use a controller for most anything third-person and WASD+mouse for FPS.

monster on a stick posted:

So they wrote Mass Effect 2?

But the priiiiiiiiize

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

WampaLord posted:

For what type of game is this superior?

I use a controller for most anything third-person and WASD+mouse for FPS.

It's for FPS, or more specifically, it's for Destiny. There's a lot of vertical movement and platforming BS in that game that requires precision movement, and I don't think I could pull off some of that stuff with a keyboard. I'm sure somebody that's been using KB+M for their whole lives would fare just fine with it, but I've been a console user up until only a few months ago and it's something I don't think I could ever give up. Analog movement and mouse aiming is like the best of both worlds.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

it didnt work good

star wars podracer was hella improved using the 2 controller dual joystick setup. whenever i correctly entered the code to use it i would shout out ITS WORKING ITS WORKIIIING like Anakin in episode 1

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Blind Sally posted:

star wars podracer was hella improved using the 2 controller dual joystick setup. whenever i correctly entered the code to use it i would shout out ITS WORKING ITS WORKIIIING like Anakin in episode 1

All the codes did that, if I recall correctly.

That game was one of the few cool things we got from the prequels.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
pod racing was an actual cool idea so it was probably suggested by a producer and included by lucas with a sigh

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
you are correct. all the codes in that game DID make me shout out Anakin quotes from phantom menace whenever i input them correctly. in fact, this worked on any game i played, and not just star wars. when i input a code incorrectly id say WHAT HAVE I DONE like Anakin in episode 3 and drop to my knees in anguish

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Me, after clicking on a bomb in minesweeper : "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo......"

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Baronjutter posted:

Man these guys have made what, 2, 3 videos already about that ghost busters everyone's forgotten and gotten over by now? Mike really can't get over that poo poo.
Agreed, no one cares about Ghostbusters. Time to move on.

But here's my opinion bitches! I thought it was not bad. Biggest critiques are the whole origin story part was boring since it was just rehashing the first movie. And they should've had at least 1 cute ghostbuster. They should've switched Kristen Wiig's and Cecily Strong's roles. Kristen Wiig was not good. But the movie had some ok laughs and the end was decent.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i think we are getting set up like bowling pins for the classic "mike strike" where he rolls the ball down and knocks all of us down (we are the pins) and the standing up state we were originally in is our state of misunderstanding the true content of the ghostbusters plinkett video, and now in the knocked down state we know the video is acually about a different thing

thats the "mike strike"

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
u could also call it a "bait & rich" i'd appreciate that pun as well

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Maybe they'll tell us why the movie is good.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

i think we are getting set up like bowling pins for the classic "mike strike" where he rolls the ball down and knocks all of us down (we are the pins) and the standing up state we were originally in is our state of misunderstanding the true content of the ghostbusters plinkett video, and now in the knocked down state we know the video is acually about a different thing

thats the "mike strike"

I'm pretty sure it will be about a lot of different things, as I think they've already expressed most of their thoughts about Ghostbusters 2016 and it's going to be about the greater state of comedy in cinema.

u could also call it a "bait & rich" i'd appreciate that pun as well

A Jack attack? A Jay n pray?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

WampaLord posted:

I'm pretty sure it will be about a lot of different things, as I think they've already expressed most of their thoughts about Ghostbusters 2016 and it's going to be about the greater state of comedy in cinema.

The new video's just going to be Colin and Jim drinking beers for an hour while ghostbustin' noises play in the background.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mordja posted:

The new video's just going to be Colin and Jim drinking beers for an hour while ghostbustin' noises play in the background.

Yes, but instead of ghostbustin' noises is just this looped:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdyU_gW6WE

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Schweinhund posted:

Agreed, no one cares about Ghostbusters. Time to move on.

But here's my opinion bitches! I thought it was not bad. Biggest critiques are the whole origin story part was boring since it was just rehashing the first movie. And they should've had at least 1 cute ghostbuster. They should've switched Kristen Wiig's and Cecily Strong's roles. Kristen Wiig was not good. But the movie had some ok laughs and the end was decent.

but who was the cute one in the original? aykroyd? harold ramis is kind of a dreamboat though imo

also gently caress you to everyone who doesnt like ghostbusters 2

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
The new video is going to be about Sony and how they gently caress up all the time

and pasta chiPPs

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I use one of these and a mouse to play games. It'd be a business expense for Jack.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Schweinhund posted:

I'm trying to watch Ghostbusters '16 and it's not horrible, but all I can think is I have zero desire to watch a Ghostbusters remake. Why would anyone ever want to watch this instead of watching the original again.

Parents with daughters.

Seriously.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

JB50 posted:

Jack uses the mouse to aim and the controller to move.

Its really dumb.

I played Quake 3 with a dude that was a hilarious troll in-game.

He shows up to a LAN party hauling his own beat up BarcaLounger, PS2 controller, and a thumb trackball.

He leans back, gets into a position that looks like Al Bundy taking a nap, and placed top 20% every game.

He was my hero.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I play most of my PC games with keyboard + thumb trackball these days. It's not too bad.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I don't think I've played an FPS since the STALKER series ended, holy poo poo.
Why are there no good FPS games with like actual cool gunplay? I remember that FEAR game having really good AI and gunplay but FPSs seem to be entirely twitchy console-friendly poo poo now, or horrible half finished early-access open world survival games.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the good fax machine posted:

what the gently caress. so many broke brains coming out of woodwork thanks to jack.

Schweinhund posted:

But here's my opinion bitches! I thought it was not bad.

the only worse edited big budget filmed i've seen is suicide squad. they hosed up so many parts that would've been funny by not knowing how to edit (kristin wiig being fired is the best example).

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Aug 8, 2017

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Mike's cummies

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Baronjutter posted:

Man these guys have made what, 2, 3 videos already about that ghost busters everyone's forgotten and gotten over by now?

When the female Doctor Who noncontroversy (pissing off all 40 trolls online) happened it was brought up constantly, either as a defense or as ammo by the trolls. People haven't gotten over it at all really. Also Jay's trailer reaction video was amazing and one of the better stech videos they've done. Be sure to like, subscribe, follow me on twitter, instragram...

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Baronjutter posted:

On the other hand, someone obsessively hateful about something can produce some excellent comedy, even many years after it was relevant (see: all plinkett reviews)

Yeah and don't forget the Nerd Crew which was spawned from their Rogue One review and fan backlash.

I love RLM because they can tease their fans with fake plinkett reviews and the Nerd Crew and not face any issues, whereas dumbfucks like AngryJoe manage to piss of his fans and make himself look like a dumbass because he can't handle criticism.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rh1k2R2rv8

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
my god. they are remaking loving Flatliners, the quintessential kiefer sutherland classic--and kiefer sutherland is reprising his role. so i guess it's a sequel? but it's not Flatlinera 2

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Ghostbusters was a lovely movie, and mocking it never gets old.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

RedSpider posted:

The only joy still to be wrung out of this poo poo is seeing the "I unironically love this movie just cause it pisses off the trolls so much" types crawl out of the woodwork for one last suck at Sony's corporate dick in the name of empowering women.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

RedSpider posted:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5YzfJix3F4&t=0s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Blind Sally posted:

my god. they are remaking loving Flatliners, the quintessential kiefer sutherland classic--and kiefer sutherland is reprising his role. so i guess it's a sequel? but it's not Flatlinera 2

It's loving terrible looking.
Highschool doctors who think you die when you just stop the heart and not 3 min AFTER its stopped.

• Locked thread