Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Quality Control posted:

Ok, DV is up. Friend code 376,364,143

My test run took 35 minutes and that's with a self-targeted Graviga at the start to trigger his +100% ATK buff and auto-attacking the whole way. If you bring a unit with Hide, you should be able to complete the no deaths or esper summon missions but probably not both unless you're really lucky.

I might give this a try tonight. Is there any strategy? Just graviga yourself and then auto attack forever? Do I need auto LB on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Cobalt60 posted:

Cool, where's that? EDIT, nm page loving one, thanks.

I need to figure out how to form parties and how to get and use gear better. I currently don't even have everyone leveled, and I don't have enough cool stuff to actually equip every unit. My hot pulls include:

Orlandeau (DW excal and Enhancer, LS Mastery, DK Soul. ATK = 897)
Veritas of the Dark (not leveled, no cactuars yet)
Luneth (just finished grinding his enhancements)
Aileen (TM got)

Wilhelm (TM got)
WoL (not leveled)
Cecil(s) (one TM got, for O, looking to farm another)

Rikku
Tillith (TM got)
Marie (not leveled)
Delita(s) (not leveled)
Knight Delita :( (not leveled)
Y'sh (not leveled)
Minf (not leveled)

Setzer (TM got, not sure why anymore)
Xon
Reberta (not leveled)
Amelia

Zyrus
ExDeath
CoD
Victoria

... and the usual mix of stuff from there down.

I've started TM farming a bit, but can't stay consistent yet, so I only have the ones listed, only one Dual Weild, Aqua Sword, Bowie Knife, Quick Assault... that's all.

EDIT 2: Another thing I need to learn is chaining and capping, now that I can do it on my own. Aileen was my first good pull, so I've done most content with her. Now that the crew is more well-rounded, I need to practice -- I assume that should happen with DV, O, and Luneth, right? And to practice, I just go to the training dummy and "get gud" right?

You could probably afford to drop Orlandeau and run Tilith/WoL or Wilhelm/Rikku + DV and Luneth as your chainer + finisher along with a friend DV.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Choose from WoL/Wilhelm/Rikku/Tilith/DV/TGC/Luneth to make parties, depending the friend you want to use/what the party is for. Marie for edge cases.

Pretty sick account.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Veritas enhancements in the next japanese update as well as Ulrica and Heltich 6*. Lessons learned, always leave at least ONE unit in your possession in case they miraculously get picked for a 6* later. Also Star Rainbow Engineer Lid, which is a chainer/debuffer/buffer. Wont know how effective she is till we see the numbers.

DV- Got a boost in attack/hp when using heavy armor (heavy armor mastery) attached to darkness as well as double hand. The rest of his enhancements are situational, his aoe gained big increase in attack and imperils all, another attack got the ability to give you dragon/human/beast killers. Better buffs than say Rikku, but its more about giving him an alternate roll as a finisher and making situationally stronger against certain mobs compared to generalist units.

FV- Probably the big winner here in these enhancements depending on how "Double axe" works. It says it gives it to him at the start of battle, which is weird, normal doublehand is a passive, why does it have act this way? If its a buff that increases the variance of damage while using an axe then it fixes the issue of people using fixed die on him. He got further damage buffs when using axes and his counter finisher got large damage increases on both enhancements. He's probably also going to get over 100% aoe attack/mag buffs for 3 turns with his enhancements, making him one of the strongest offensive buffers in the game. While DV was about giving him extra roles and more variety, FV was all about making his niche stronger.

EV- We basically got his +1 enhancements on our version prior to the japanese lol. He gets higher HP/DEF, his aoe guard gets stronger defenses at the cost of high MP cost, and his taunt gets a built in damage reduction. Pretty solid stuff.

The other veritas are pretty boring and aren't out yet. Of those 3 LV got the better deal with potentially getting a 1000% damage attack with 50% light imperil built in.

I see there's a 130atk fire axe in there from a 4* unit too. FV gonna be a beast.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Now that I've basically cleaned out the event currency I think it's time to reevaluate my team and figure our where to go from here.

Current Team:
Merc Ramza 6*90
Fryevia 100
Cecil 100
Exdeath 100
Refia 100

Bench, occasionally swapping in:
Dracu Lasswell 100
Vaan 6*98
Terra 6*87
Chizuru 6*72
Rikku 5*59

6* Capable but unlevelled (in no particular order):
Zyrus
Veritas of the Earth
Helena
Bran x2
Ashe x2
Ilias x2
Amelia
Sozhe x3
Nine
Another Refia apparently
Seven x2
Gaffy x2
Another Chizuru
Xiao
Medius x2
More Vaans x11 (I'll fuse these guys eventually)
Cloud of Darkness
More Exdeath x2
Garland
Fohlen
Soleil
King
Agrias x6 (three at midlevel 6* pretty much only for event)
Moogle x3 (one at midlevel 6* due to anniversary fusion)
Kelsus
Firion
Bartz
Rasler
Cerius x2
Ace
Marie

(I probably missed/duplicated a few of these)

I have basically no equipment/abilities aside from event drops from the last couple events (a zodiac spear, 2 moogle spears, break blade, all the +stats things from ff12 + fft events, the sword and armor from this current dungeon event) and shop equipment.

I'm working on excalibur from Cecil and a TM farm team of 3 Zidanes, Cecil, and Fryevia (break blade is the best sword she can use right now).

Main questions:
1) Who should I level next?
2) Who should I bench?
3) Aside from TM farming and levelling friend units to sell for gil, what should I be doing? I was able to clear up through the 85 energy dungeon, and can clear FFT ELT with a good friend unit (but I have nothing left to get from that aside from a couple 1* moogles and the really expensive mats). I've also been slowly working through story missions for the extra lapis.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
anyone who wants hp/mp regen i've maxed out bran since it doesn't look like ramza enhancements are coming anytime soon :(

restores around 1.7-1.9k hp / 70-80 mp a turn with elven song

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I tossed some gear on my Lunera just to see what she'd be like and she's already at 379SPR with only 18/30 SPR from pots so far. If/when I get Fina's bow and finish potting her she'll be pushing 450SPR which is a considerable amount of HP/MP per turn. Once her enhancements get here and she can get 150% SPR by using a bow I'm pretty sure she'll be pushing close to 600SPR without having to go crazy with BiS stuff. I still wouldn't say no to a Ramza but for fights where a bard's buffs are desired she's going to be very, very handy. I can't imagine what sort of durability I'd have in a fight using her, Tilith, and Rikku, but it'd probably be excessive.

Roflex posted:

Now that I've basically cleaned out the event currency I think it's time to reevaluate my team and figure our where to go from here.

Current Team:
Merc Ramza 6*90
Fryevia 100
Cecil 100
Exdeath 100
Refia 100

Bench, occasionally swapping in:
Rikku 5*59

6* Capable but unlevelled (in no particular order):
Veritas of the Earth
Amelia
Fohlen
Ace
Marie

Main questions:
1) Who should I level next?
2) Who should I bench?
3) Aside from TM farming and levelling friend units to sell for gil, what should I be doing? I was able to clear up through the 85 energy dungeon, and can clear FFT ELT with a good friend unit (but I have nothing left to get from that aside from a couple 1* moogles and the really expensive mats). I've also been slowly working through story missions for the extra lapis.

Veritas of the Earth should replace Cecil as your tank.
Level Rikku because she's an amazing support and her TM includes an AOE esuna that also removes petrify, and an AOE 5 turn +200% LB fill buff.
Amelia's really good for the arena, and her' TM's good if you pull an Olive.
Fohlen's a decent chainer, but optional.
Ace is a solid mage but YMMV.
Marie's also a really good support unit for times when you'd need her resists more than Rikku's (smaller) resists + damage reduction? Also a really nice TM.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Quality Control posted:

Ok, DV is up. Friend code 376,364,143

My test run took 35 minutes and that's with a self-targeted Graviga at the start to trigger his +100% ATK buff and auto-attacking the whole way. If you bring a unit with Hide, you should be able to complete the no deaths or esper summon missions but probably not both unless you're really lucky.

Gave him a run on my lunch break and was able to get the Large Sword mastery I still needed.

Thanks!

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I've been wondering if there is a niche, non-Fryevia(have) or Tilith (don't have) unit I could share to help out in some conditions.

Just a thought, though it seems most people want the heady DD

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
I'm still sharing out beefy Agrias.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I didn't know if a safety-bit Snow, or decent Minfilia/Marie. Hell even Y'sh or Refia or something.

Maybe the meta is just DD share only, but wanted to see what maybe others are going "poo poo, I don't have room for X and no one is sharing one either..."

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

hagie posted:

I've been wondering if there is a niche, non-Fryevia(have) or Tilith (don't have) unit I could share to help out in some conditions.

Just a thought, though it seems most people want the heady DD

There's a solid reason for this. Name a non-5* Damage dealer that you'd be excited to see on your friends list. A fully decked out Firion maybe?

Now consider that you can build an incredibly solid support and healing "core" without a single 5*. Rikku/WoL/Cecil/Refia/Y'shtola/Tilith-not-really/Minfilia are good examples of this.

If you want to break the mold a bit, I know I often consider Marie or Zaargabaaaaaaarth friends due to them being amazing at what they do.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
use my bran his song is basically enhanced ramza without the stat buffs lol

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i think the best possible non-standard friend unit to share would be lunera as they chain together and i doubt many folks have two. i don't have a lunera so it wouldnt really do me any good but i could see it if you dont want to be another random 900 attack orlandeau in the friends list

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I tend to like caster friends with a good elemental spread cause I'm way too lazy to swap one in and make sure it has the right element to fulfill conditions on trivial content. Any elements not covered by Rikku are good.

Of course my real friends list is a wall of Orlandeaus and bonus units but I'm grateful for the random pubbies with an oddball low tier caster.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the mogs from the mog king raid can cover every element

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
People usually share damage units because in general a 2nd chainer, or a high power finisher, is going to have more overall demand than a healer or support unit. The 5* bards can be useful, especially with enhancements if they ever get them, but those won't see as much day-to-day use as someone like Orlandu, DV, Fryevia, FV, or Olive.

Captaindirtnap posted:

There's a solid reason for this. Name a non-5* Damage dealer that you'd be excited to see on your friends list. A fully decked out Firion maybe?

Now consider that you can build an incredibly solid support and healing "core" without a single 5*. Rikku/WoL/Cecil/Refia/Y'shtola/Tilith-not-really/Minfilia are good examples of this.

If you want to break the mold a bit, I know I often consider Marie or Zaargabaaaaaaarth friends due to them being amazing at what they do.

:thunk:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yshtola is technically a 5*, but you can also get one without doing a single pull. thats not very helpful.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Thanks for the input on the team layout. Agreed that this account has proved very lucky, hope it's not looking like an internet humblebrag.

One other thing I'm working on: For times when I'd like to run Orlandeau and DV (or them + Luneth)... how should I distribute the strongest stuff? Like, what is the optimal build across two and three characters at once, considering there's only one GS mastery, but multiple Excaliburs, etc.? Or even more vaguely: Is it best to max-juice-up one dude, say DV, and leave the other two to scrape up the scraps? If so, which one would you recommend?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If somebody wants an MP battery for Aigaion, my enhanced Ace is the best. I'll load him up with tank TM's for survival, you'll be set.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

rabidsquid posted:

the mogs from the mog king raid can cover every element

Yeah but that means actually swapping him into my party and :effort:

Plus all my Mogs are on 24/7 expedition duty.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i hate to be all :tinfoil: but between the reported rates of fv to dv, gumi adding the 4* with an intensey bad tmr to lower the odds of 9s, and what happened with zidane back in the day, i really wonder if gumi has been loving with the base summon rates of individual characters again.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

i hate to be all :tinfoil: but between the reported rates of fv to dv, gumi adding the 4* with an intensey bad tmr to lower the odds of 9s, and what happened with zidane back in the day, i really wonder if gumi has been loving with the base summon rates of individual characters again.

There have always been rarer sets of characters

They had to tune down bedile and company from 3*s, cecil/zidane/exdeath etc. were the "rare" drops.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

they apologized for that and went back and fixed it and supposedly all characters of an individual rarity have the same chance to be summoned now, but people were reporting way worse summons for tilith on the last banner too. that's self reported and possibly biased, but considering this has literally happened before and there's no law stopping them from doing it in global i sometimes wonder. especially with stuff like adding eve to the gacha.

didn't zidane end up having a lower rate than any other 3* base even when he was a banner focus back then? man, that was hosed.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Cobalt60 posted:

Thanks for the input on the team layout. Agreed that this account has proved very lucky, hope it's not looking like an internet humblebrag.

One other thing I'm working on: For times when I'd like to run Orlandeau and DV (or them + Luneth)... how should I distribute the strongest stuff? Like, what is the optimal build across two and three characters at once, considering there's only one GS mastery, but multiple Excaliburs, etc.? Or even more vaguely: Is it best to max-juice-up one dude, say DV, and leave the other two to scrape up the scraps? If so, which one would you recommend?

Focus on gearing up one unit a time. One super strong unit will always be better than 2 middle of the road because of the way damage scales.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

its just the low rate combined with people saving for nier automata. as top teir as they are, DPS is one of the most common 5* drops and a lot of people here already have an olive, freviya, orlandu, reberta, etc. so chasing DV and FV aren't as important as say, Ayaka, or time limited 9s.

also Tilith's banners have been the most bullshit, with three units fighting over the gold crystal spot. Those were some poo poo drops.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I'm tempted to chase Ayaka but I have Tilith/Rem/Refia(DC) already so I might skip her and then maybe go after White Lotus Fina in... 9 months? :v:

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I might chase a couple 9Ss so I can slap his tm on a pair of Firions so they can chain for a third Firion.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Captaindirtnap posted:

Fully levelled Nichols/Sakuras/Lids so that I don't have to go back to story stages after grinding for a character I'll use all of a handful of times. :argh:

(Yes, I have been made aware that unlike the others, Sakura is Worth Using even at 5*. I still don't have her leveled because EXP is so drat hard to come by when there's no raids or Dunes open)

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Where's the best spot/story event stage for black alcrysts?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

rabidsquid posted:

they apologized for that and went back and fixed it and supposedly all characters of an individual rarity have the same chance to be summoned now, but people were reporting way worse summons for tilith on the last banner too. that's self reported and possibly biased, but considering this has literally happened before and there's no law stopping them from doing it in global i sometimes wonder. especially with stuff like adding eve to the gacha.

didn't zidane end up having a lower rate than any other 3* base even when he was a banner focus back then? man, that was hosed.

There was also the time everyone was getting a million sheras and it was so bad people got refunded their tickets spent on sheras.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hamsystem posted:

Where's the best spot/story event stage for black alcrysts?

the right hand story events have them. or maybe the left. but either way its support/tech/guard/power on one side and all the other on the other side.

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007
So now that I've been playing for a couple weeks and actually have a bunch of units, could I get some advice on if there is anything better I can do party wise? Currently I'm using:
Earth Veritas
Tidus
Ashe
Knight Delita (that I pulled on the veritas banner gently caress you game)
Refia

Other 6* max units I have:
Amelia
Bran
Cecil
Chizuru
Cloud of Darkness
Exdeath
Firion
Garland
Helena
Ilias
Mercedes
Rasler
Snow
Terra
Victoria
Xiao
Zyrus

Also special mention to loving 11 Timothys.

I plan on trying to pull a 9S, and replacing either Knight Delita or Ashe with him, but not sure which would be better to replace or if one of the units on my bench would be better. Note that I don't have any TMs yet, though I'm starting to slowly farm them out (currently going for brotherhood, dark knight's soul, black cowl, dual wield, and excalibur, thought its going to take a while for everything but dual wield, that one is around 90%).

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hey man, you leave tim alone. he's got a good tm and good breaks!

also its a huge bummer that you don't have any other 6* capable healers, do you have any ludmille at all?

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

i think the best possible non-standard friend unit to share would be lunera as they chain together and i doubt many folks have two. i don't have a lunera so it wouldnt really do me any good but i could see it if you dont want to be another random 900 attack orlandeau in the friends list

Once I finish gearing mine, I'll put her up as my standard friend leader. Still need to finish the TM bow, should be done in the next few days.
Then will start working on a Rainbow Robe, then Lunera bow #2.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

rabidsquid posted:

also its a huge bummer that you don't have any other 6* capable healers, do you have any ludmille at all?

Ludmille is everyone's first pull now.

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

Nah Tim's TM and breaks are great, I just have a hilarious number of him. And yeah, getting double cast is the next thing all my moogles are going towards so I can throw that on Refia. Only problem I'm having with her is the huge lack of full party status heal other than her LB, and I can use Ashe for that.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Ashe+Refia should be plenty of healing if you need it. Hell, I'd throw dualcast on Ashe for thundaja + Knight Delita's lightning imperil.

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007

hamsystem posted:

Ashe+Refia should be plenty of healing if you need it. Hell, I'd throw dualcast on Ashe for thundaja + Knight Delita's lightning imperil.

That could be fun, forgot about his lightning imperil. Eventually I want to level the second Ashe I have as well and then just use them to chain together, should be fun. Gonna be quite a while before I bother doing that though, I want to get a primary team up and running first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

http://fan-fes.finalfantasyexvius.com/ny/

New York City fan festa registration is now open. Only 500 will be chosen out of the billion or so that apply...

• Locked thread