Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Joey Freshwater posted:

drat, I wanted to go back through all my old Bucs avatars. Probably time for a new one since Dansby got sent down ☹️

The Braves are trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Chilichimp posted:

The Braves are trash.

Doesn't make me any less of a fan, but I'm not at all surprised an Atlanta fan would think like this.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
my favorite memory of Atlanta Braves being trash is when they lost the World Series to the Blue Jays and a bunch of people in Atlanta were mad that they let a Canadian team in the MLB because baseball is for AMERICA

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Joey Freshwater posted:

Doesn't make me any less of a fan, but I'm not at all surprised an Atlanta fan would think like this.

dat farm system, doe!

For real, I haven't been a Braves fan since before they won the world series. Watching them lose to the jays and twins crushed my youthful spirit. I "follow" them now, but if I'm being honest, I like the fuckin' Hawks more than the Braves, and I only watch them in the post season.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
At least Atlanta has one won, the Rays have never won. :smith:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Chilichimp posted:

dat farm system, doe!

For real, I haven't been a Braves fan since before they won the world series. Watching them lose to the jays and twins crushed my youthful spirit.

See it was the same for me but when the Braves beat the Pirates for the pennant back when we still had normal headed Barry Bonds

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Chilichimp posted:

dat farm system, doe!

For real, I haven't been a Braves fan since before they won the world series. Watching them lose to the jays and twins crushed my youthful spirit. I "follow" them now, but if I'm being honest, I like the fuckin' Hawks more than the Braves, and I only watch them in the post season.

I mean Atlanta sports fan in general. Atlanta fans are terrible.

I am of course excluded from that generalization because I'm only a Braves fan and also I'm flawless.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Joey Freshwater posted:

Cool, thanks! I've had a name change so I'll have to go back and find old posts, which shouldn't be too hard

There's also this one: http://www.muddledmuse.com/saars/ - it seems to have stopped working several years ago but still finds avatars for my older screen names.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Wilford Cutlery posted:

There's also this one: http://www.muddledmuse.com/saars/ - it seems to have stopped working several years ago but still finds avatars for my older screen names.

This is perfect and found what I want. Thanks!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Joey Freshwater posted:

I mean Atlanta sports fan in general. Atlanta fans are terrible.

I am of course excluded from that generalization because I'm only a Braves fan and also I'm flawless.

Out of curiosity, how did you come to be a Braves fan but not Falcons? I mean, you made the right choice and I am more wondering how and where I went wrong.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

weird Asian candy posted:

Out of curiosity, how did you come to be a Braves fan but not Falcons? I mean, you made the right choice and I am more wondering how and where I went wrong.

I grew up in Tampa. My dad was always a really big Braves fan because he was from Ga. that was also when Braves were on TBS and the Rays didn't exist yet. He was never into other sports so as I made friends that were into sports it's was always the local team, Lightning and Bucs specifically. I like the Rays okay but I'm much more of a Braves fan.

Tennessee is self explanatory because I went there.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Randaconda posted:

At least Atlanta has one won, the Rays have never won. :smith:

I've been fortunate enough to see all of my teams win their respective championships except the Rays. My Rays fandom is really only a passing interest but I'd still like to see them win one.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also, before baseball expanded, the Braves were basically the only team southern fans had anywhere close to them, until you got to Texas.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Joey Freshwater posted:

I grew up in Tampa. My dad was always a really big Braves fan because he was from Ga. that was also when Braves were on TBS and the Rays didn't exist yet. He was never into other sports so as I made friends that were into sports it's was always the local team, Lightning and Bucs specifically. I like the Rays okay but I'm much more of a Braves fan.

Tennessee is self explanatory because I went there.

Gotcha, that is cool.

Also, some internet dude made some pretty bad helmet designs, but there are a couple not terrible entries.

http://dailysnark.com/designer-creates-awesome-concept-helmets-32-nfl-teams/

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Let's take the logo, but uh make it like... bigger.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

lovely football helmet and uniform redesigns are like robins in spring for the football season

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Yeah some of these are just...I don't know...

Like Buffalo looks like someone hit Ctrl+Z on the design and left off the final part.

v

Yeah, the Bucs one is pretty cool.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don't mind the Bucs one but the Bills one is just wtf

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Now I am reminded of when Uproxx used to have Febreeze toil in the logo mines

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The Steelers one is cool but WTF is going on with the Vikings one?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Bengals with "WHO DEY" in big letters...not quite sure what to think of that one

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

OMG the cigar is in his blowhole :swoon:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
The bengals one holy poo poo that is bad

Also whoever made them deserves scorn for that Chargers helmet. You have a lightning bolt to work with, which has a bazillion possibilities, and you just slap a text logo on it instead. Garbage.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I also like the Colts one

"what if the helmet was.... black"

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!

Joey Freshwater posted:

I've been fortunate enough to see all of my teams win their respective championships except the Rays. My Rays fandom is really only a passing interest but I'd still like to see them win one.

I've seen all of my teams win aside from the Lions. I get the feeling that I'll be on my deathbed and the Lions will be still be searching for a championship more than a century after their last one.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I kinda liked the pats one.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

BlindSite posted:

I kinda liked the pats one.

It staaaaaarts

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

weird Asian candy posted:

The braves are the unofficial MLB team for almost all of the south east.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Those look like the logos for a fake football league in a futuristic sci-fi movie

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Let's see how they do on the checklist.

"AWESOME" ... Check

Giant logos .... Check

One decent idea pasted on multiple designs (the color triangle angle on the Bears, Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs, Packers and Vikings. It was done first (and Better) on Navy's helmet) ... Check.

Design elements that make no sense if you turn them at any angle other than what your seeing .... Check (Think about how the Cowboys, Bengals, Broncos, Eagles, Jags, Patriots, Panthers, Raiders, Texans and Titans would look from behind. Also EVERY SINGLE HELMET HAS A CENTER STRIPE, even the ones that don't need it like the Bears, Eagles, Rams and Jets.)

Templates made by someone other than the "designer" ... Check

Worst? Browns, Vikings and Dolphins.

The Browns violates a classic design with an unnecessary cartoon. No other thought but "What's something I can cut, paste and make big?" The Dolphin's logo fades out for no real reason other than the designer getting stuck and realizing that what he was doing stunk. The Vikings one looks like a high school team on a budget.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

sean10mm posted:

To the tune of "Burn" by Deep Purple

Cutler came, never cared
Fans DT shaking, he smoked and stared
When picks came no one was spared
Those ciggies...BURN

Nice!

Does anyone here know that song besides you and me?!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Nice!

Does anyone here know that song besides you and me?!

Probably not. I'm old as hell and my taste in music is older so :corsair:

sean10mm posted:

:effort:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQGstnfTmAk

Tanny is dead, I don't understand
Did rehab just like Andrews planned
People are sayin' the Dolphins are damned
ACL snap with a wave of a hand

Miami’s a blaze, the town's on fire
That Ehud’s flames are reaching higher
We were fools, we called him liar
All I hear is "Burn!"

I didn't believe Bill was devil's sperm
He said, "Curse you all, you'll never learn!
When I cheat there's no return"
The people laughed till he said, "Burn!"

Cutler came, never cared
Insulin taking, he smoked and stared
Watch his ciggy... "Burn!"

You know we had no time
Marino is long gone
You know we had no time

You know we had no time
Marino is long gone
You know we had no time

Cutler came, never cared

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

sean10mm posted:

Probably not. I'm old as hell and my taste in music is older so :corsair:

Miami’s a blaze, the town's on fire 
That Ehud’s flames are reaching higher 
We were fools, we called him liar 
All I hear is "Burn!" 

I didn't believe Bill was devil's sperm 
He said, "Curse you all, you'll never learn! 
When I cheat there's no return" 
The people laughed till he said, "Burn!"

Cutler came, never cared 

You know we had no time 
Marino is long gone 
You know we had no time 

You know we had no time 
Marino is long gone 
You know we had no time 

Cutler came, never cared 

This is a work of genius! :golfclap:

I'm not :corsair:, I just like great music!

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
I normally lurk in this part if the forums but thought I'd drop in to report that of anyone wants to preserve nrr's songs off of SoundCloud time is of the essence. Supposedly the site is probably going to be shut down in the next 24 hours.

Edit: also since I'm here, Dave keep up the good work I share TheDrawPlay with everyone I know.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

I normally lurk in this part if the forums but thought I'd drop in to report that of anyone wants to preserve nrr's songs off of SoundCloud time is of the essence. Supposedly the site is probably going to be shut down in the next 24 hours.

Edit: also since I'm here, Dave keep up the good work I share TheDrawPlay with everyone I know.

Where are you seeing that? Last we heard anything back in July from the CEO it wasn't shutting down and I can't find anything more recent than that that says anything different.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Here:
https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2017/08/10/soundcloud-investors-24-hours/

I hope it doesnt die, dont feel like finding a new home for IS and i just paid for renewal like 2 months ago

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

I downloaded them, so now we have a backup. Any place I should upload them to?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Tindeck?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Youtube, just put it over some random art, or if you feel like doing it, put it over a Febreeze drawing of the subject.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
We haven't had a Farthouse video in a long time. It would be appropriate to mix that up.

Then we would get a Farthouse 6?

• Locked thread