Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

2DCAT posted:

I protect against chaos, rather than cause it lol :negative:

i am chaos

you are unprotected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Release the nukes you fat bitch

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Perfectly Safe posted:

You really couldn't get a slimmer victory than Trump's 2016 victory. You lose a percentage point or two and you're done.

uh what about all that red??? fake news much...

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

guys you're not going to die north korea doesnt have nukes that can reach the US it's the koreans on the peninsula itself who are gonna die bigtime.

doesn't matter. chances are if an icbm gets launched everybody else launches, cause it's not MAD if you let your nukes get wrecked in the ground

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Al! posted:

i was trying to find that one tweet from the airforce that was like "our nuclear arsenal is ready to serve you mister president" they tweeted on inauguration day

found em

https://twitter.com/usairforce/status/799299820682887169

https://twitter.com/AFGlobalStrike/status/799322627655364608

november 17th, so not inauguration day.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Killin_Like_Bronson posted:

tweet the nukes you fat bitch

rawrr
Jul 28, 2007
more like nuke the tweets lol amirite

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Reminder that Trump thinks Kim Jong Un and his father are one person

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

ArmZ posted:

uh what about all that red??? fake news much...

I prefer the veiny phoenix of truth, tyvm.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Al-Saqr posted:

guys you're not going to die north korea doesnt have nukes that can reach the US it's the koreans on the peninsula itself who are gonna die bigtime.

I think the issue is that as soon as you start firing anti ballistic missiles toward NK from SK or the US, you start sending artillery toward Russia. Then the question of what happens next when Russian military systems detect a missile launch is a fun exciting game for all parties involved.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/chrismassie/status/895020828424884225

lol

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Reminder that Trump thinks King Jong Un and his father are one person

Not many people really understand the Trinity

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i don't want to be nuked to death

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Reminder that Trump thinks King Jong Un and his father are one person

Just like his daughter and wife

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

zen death robot posted:

Like compared to Fat Man and Little Boy modern nukes literally are "super nukes"

Those bombs were 15 kilotons. A single minuteman ICBM can drop 3 different nukes of 300 kilotons each, and hit 3 different cities at once.

This is actually a downgrade from the biggest ICBMs we had under reagan, that could hit 10 cities at once.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

That DICK! posted:

Deal, you get nuked half to death and infection/dehydration takes care of the rest

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
get em before they're gone

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

I think the issue is that as soon as you start firing anti ballistic missiles toward NK from SK or the US, you start sending artillery toward Russia. Then the question of what happens next when Russian military systems detect a missile launch is a fun exciting game for all parties involved.

also you need to think how well the chinese will take to a nuke right across their border, and likely flying across their airspace

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

passionate dongs posted:

that poo poo ain't gonna help

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

zegermans posted:

Those bombs were 15 kilotons. A single minuteman ICBM can drop 3 different nukes of 300 kilotons each, and hit 3 different cities at once.

This is actually a downgrade from the biggest ICBMs we had under reagan, that could hit 10 cities at once.

Don't modern warheads have smaller yields than they used to, because they figured out that at a certain point you aren't actually making a city any deader

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i remember back during the nk missile parade when everyone was absolutely convinced it was wwiii and the end

i remember when trump bombed an airfield for no reason and everyone was absolutely convinced it was wwiii and the end

etc

etc

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

Don't modern warheads have smaller yields than they used to, because they figured out that at a certain point you aren't actually making a city any deader

yeah they used to be 1200 kilotons each.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

FAUXTON posted:

Just like his daughter and ex wife

i wonder how many times he got in a fight with ivanka during his first divorce, and how many times he made up with ivana because of brain fog over the letter k :sad:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yinlock posted:

i remember back during the nk missile parade when everyone was absolutely convinced it was wwiii and the end

i remember when trump bombed an airfield for no reason and everyone was absolutely convinced it was wwiii and the end

etc

etc

No one thought the Syria strike was WW3 and the end, even at the time people were laughing at how pointless bombing an empty field is.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

http://i.imgur.com/52mGge1.gifv

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

passionate dongs posted:

lmao if u think i wanna keep myself alive through the nuclear hellfire and fallout

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

you're not getting out of the trump presidency via nuclear bombs, it's going to grinding erosion of everything you love instead

enjoy friends

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

passionate dongs posted:

im gonna hafta be killin motherfuckers for thyroid hormone in the post apocalypse

look out bithc!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i live/work downtown in a prime target too so it's like, you know, i'm not even going to have a run at being a badass Vault Dweller cool guy who attacks exclusively by punching people in the nuts

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
The problem with Trump is that while words dont matter to a bunch of stupid rubes like conservative america, words super loving matter and is extremely dangerous when it comes to international relations. He's too used to selling snake oil to a bunch of stupid hicks.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

No one thought the Syria strike was WW3 and the end, even at the time people were laughing at how pointless bombing an empty field is.

trap sprung

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Yinlock posted:

etc

etc

Pretty sure most people assumed those missiles were full of confetti and knew that airfield bombing was symbolic at the time and you're being willfully ignorant if you think continuing to up the rhetoric is not gonna have any effects.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

That DICK! posted:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GobiasIndustries posted:

Pretty sure most people assumed those missiles were full of confetti and knew that airfield bombing was symbolic at the time and you're being willfully ignorant if you think continuing to up the rhetoric is not gonna have any effects.

you should look at the stuff at those times again, people were absolutely losing their poo poo in exactly the same way as they're losing their poo poo now

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Yinlock posted:

you should look at the stuff at those times again, people were absolutely losing their poo poo in exactly the same way as they're losing their poo poo now

being excited is not the same as losing ur poo poo

bring on the nukes

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

my dad fuckin hates trump and a good while back he said something like "when the bombs drop i want it to land right on me" lol

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

GobiasIndustries posted:

It's to teach the American people a complicated lesson on friendship and not giving up on your dreams.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
gently caress off to d&d idiots

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

the best trump nuke quotes are from the 1990 Playboy interview you suckers

quote:

What would be some of President Trump’s longer-term views of the future?
I think of the future, but I refuse to paint it. Anything can happen. But I often think of nuclear war.

Nuclear war?
I’ve always thought about the issue of nuclear war; it’s a very important element in my thought process. It’s the ultimate, the ultimate catastrophe, the biggest problem this world has, and nobody’s focusing on the nuts and bolts of it. It’s a little like sickness. People don’t believe they’re going to get sick until they do. Nobody wants to talk about it. I believe the greatest of all stupidities is people’s believing it will never happen, because everybody knows how destructive it will be, so nobody uses weapons. What bullshit.

Does any of that fuzzy thinking exist around the Trump office?
On a much lower level, I would never hire anybody who thinks that way, because he has absolutely no common sense. He’s living in a world of make-believe. It’s like thinking the Titantic can’t sink. Too many countries have nuclear weapons; nobody knows where they’re all pointed, what button it takes to launch them.

The bomb Harry Truman dropped on Hiroshima was a toy next to today’s. We have thousands of weapons pointed at us and nobody even knows if they’re going to go in the right direction. They’ve never really been tested. These jerks in charge don’t know how to paint a wall, and we’re relying on them to shoot nuclear missiles to Moscow. What happens if they don’t go there? What happens if our computer systems aren’t working? Nobody knows if this equipment works, and I’ve seen numerous reports lately stating that the probability is they don’t work. It’s a total mess.

TRUMP!

http://www.playboy.com/articles/playboy-interview-donald-trump-1990

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

triple sulk posted:

my dad fuckin hates trump and a good while back he said something like "when the bombs drop i want it to land right on me" lol

lol that owns

• Locked thread