Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

maskenfreiheit posted:

there's basically zero chance us loving decimating nk ends in severe losses on our ends

we might not be best buddies with china, but if we make some basic concessions (you can run the puppet state and keep your buffer) they'll let us take them out.

You forgot the *

* Seoul being wiped off the map in the first 5 minutes by the thousands of artillery pieces that everyone knows about does not in fact count as a severe loss.

I was stationed at Camp Casey in Korea and we all knew if poo poo hit the fan we would be turbofucked if we were not out in the field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

lovely Wizard posted:

Basically the whole North Korea conflict will end like this - US does a preemptive strike, NK sends some shells/chemical bombs at Seoul and kill a few hundred to a few thousand south koreans, and then the US sets up a puppet regime and dismantles every military installation they have and adds some US owned ones by the northern borders.

You do realise that conservative estimates by actual professionals say that 100k will die in the first engagement? You can not knock out that much artillery that quick. There is a metric poo poo ton of arty on the border. Arty tubes are easy as poo poo to maintain.

Sorry this is the lol thread.

Goons don't know jack poo poo about NK. Lol

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Raged posted:

You forgot the *

* Seoul being wiped off the map in the first 5 minutes by the thousands of artillery pieces that everyone knows about does not in fact count as a severe loss.

I was stationed at Camp Casey in Korea and we all knew if poo poo hit the fan we would be turbofucked if we were not out in the field.

well i mean, there may have been a chance to have regime change happen with less casualties, but SK kept insisting on putting their fingers in their ears. sucks to be them.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Oh yeah, I'm getting front seats to see you all guys burn in a mushroom cloud.
That until the winds bring all the radioactive poison down here deep south mexico. :woop:

Raged posted:

You forgot the *

Everyone on SK must be wanting to personally slap trump's face.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

And that's best case scenario if you discount their nuclear weapons. Reports are saying NK is believed to now have the capacity to fit nuke warheads to their missiles. And the missiles are thought to be capable of reaching mainland US. And they may have as many as 60 nukes.

Wonder if the guys who invented Twitter ever thought it could one day be used to kick off a nuclear war.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Raged posted:

You forgot the *

Do they still make soldiers pay for their own body armor

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Raged posted:

You do realise that conservative estimates by actual professionals say that 100k will die in the first engagement? You can not knock out that much artillery that quick. There is a metric poo poo ton of arty on the border. Arty tubes are easy as poo poo to maintain.

honestly my concern is that they nuke tokyo.

kim, while a dick, wants to make all of korea best korea.

i'd guess they'd shell a bit but save the fire for japan - either tokyo or the american base in okinawa for a 2:1 combo

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Raged posted:

Goons don't know jack poo poo about *

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

lovely Wizard posted:

anime avatar

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

To be honest I thought that a fair number of the NK troops still spent most of their time foraging for food in the community , and that most of them are unlikely to have had any live fire experience (if their shells even work)

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Raged posted:

Arguably my use of 'few thousand' is subjective so it could easily mean 100k. :smug:

At any rate I'm not Brown Moses so I'll admit my made up numbers were bullshit and that I should listen to people who know what they're talking about. Seoul has like 10 million people in like 230 square miles, so if they basically sneeze anywhere near Seoul they'll kill a shitload of people?

Someone bought it for me in one of the gamergate threads.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Trump Administration on the Right to Vote: Use It or Lose It

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/08/trump-administration-on-the-right-to-vote-use-it-or-lose-it/

lol, you have no rights in america anymore, plebe.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/894999476661886977

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
so noble

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
I'm most afraid of surviving the nuclear holocaust. I want to die at peak lol, not Mad Donny: Piss Road or Fallout 5 DLC: Mar-a-lago, starring two-headed thicc rear end Brahmin-Trump hybrids.

Though I can only hope nuclear war takes down Twitter, I won't be able to see Trump poo poo himself live during a press conference about his electoral map if the internet goes down.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Play posted:

Speaking of rank incompetence, I wonder how likely it is that Trump's "executive order tweet" on transgender people in the military simply continues to be ignored by the armed forces because there is no follow-through from the white house with specific instructions and everyone just pretends like it never happened?

Because I"m kinda thinking that's how it's gonna go down lol

This is literally what happened.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I'm p.sure the North Koreans will welcome us as liberators.

But just in case I'm going to get a Korean girlfriend now in case they become rare.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

That's not a lol that a full body laugh right there

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Somebody with twitter please tell this guy to suck our collective balls

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

loving gently caress you, Hannity.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Jel Shaker posted:

To be honest I thought that a fair number of the NK troops still spent most of their time foraging for food in the community , and that most of them are unlikely to have had any live fire experience (if their shells even work)

Remember when NK put out a propaganda video a few years ago showing off their military power and skills where all the soldiers were using old WWII guns? And a bunch of them were so visibly broken that they wouldn't even fire anymore?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I assume pointing out that Trump is insane, incompetent, going to get hundreds of thousands of people killed, and is likely to use nuclear weapons when the threat has been effectively gone for nearly thirty years is considered a "petty political disagreement" rather than the absolute most important issue in world right now.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i will then resume petty political disagreements

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Catastrophe posted:

Remember when NK put out a propaganda video a few years ago showing off their military power and skills where all the soldiers were using old WWII guns? And a bunch of them were so visibly broken that they wouldn't even fire anymore?

Also since the Soviet Union/China cut off economic and military aid their military is in even a more dilapidated state.

Not to mention being hopelessly outdated in term of technology.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQGwES5ZGiU&t=19s

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Catastrophe posted:

North Korea is going to be terrible at projecting force beyond their nuclear threat. That doesn't mean I'd want to get into a war with them on their turf, especially since other countries are likely to jump in on their side if the situation isn't handled carefully.

For example, you have to get China on board before you take any action. Fortunately, this administration isn't know for taking poorly-considered actions unilaterally.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
comedy option: nk points their nuke straight up and EMPs the entire world.

that could actually make things interesting

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

maskenfreiheit posted:

:cripes:

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
Yeah I don't think the NK strategy is to win but simply gently caress as much poo poo up as possible before losing.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

What is chance Trump does not know Guam is part of US?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Trump is going to declare war on NK on twitter and all the generals are going to be like wtf? does that count?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Oscar Wild posted:

Gonna really enjoy the first posthumous David Bowie album, "Opiodd Crisis"

it's actually the name of a hella good anime

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

also lmao that america and north korea are having a retard-off; may the fattest, biggest idiot win!!

but I don't want Kim to lose :ohdear:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

This is literally what happened.

I know, the problem is that if some idiot brings it up again to Trump he might remember

In guessing not though because everyone wants to pretend it didn't happen, probably especially Trump himself cause it was such a loving dipshit move to begin with lol

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Feminasty Slut posted:

Donald (Jesus Christ he's the president) Trump is the epitome of retard strength.

I tried to take his phone away. Guys got more grip than you think someone would at that age

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

such bravery

a true hero

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
we're going to die

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

maskenfreiheit posted:

well i mean, there may have been a chance to have regime change happen with less casualties, but SK kept insisting on putting their fingers in their ears. sucks to be them.

It's true SK should've known an unhinged thin skinned nut would eventually get the keys to nukes.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

chernobyl kinsman posted:

we're going to die

Good, humanity was a mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

maskenfreiheit posted:

that could actually make things interesting

Joke's on them. My guitar amp uses vacuum tubes instead of transistors :smuggo: