Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

In the year+ I've played this game I've only gotten 1 free 6 Star Mega Rank ticket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

NmareBfly posted:

They're pretty drat rare. Cost ~2600 crystals which is practically a month's saving with stark stash. Mega-6 rank ups are the important ones. Mega-6 masteries are good but in the end only save you like 300 norn stones which is a drop in the bucket in the long run. I think we usually get maybe 2 mega ranks a year from various events? And one time they gave out a string of rank 2+3+4+5+6 tickets which are basically the same thing but that was for an anniversary event IIRC and can't be relied on.

Mega-6es are best used on a paywall character you've just unlocked because they'll go from 1* to 6* and save you something like 600 bios that you'd otherwise have to get 20-a-day. To then upgrade to T2, even with a (normal) T2 ticket on hand, you need to get all their gear to level 20 which is another ~300 bios depending on luck. So for instance if you want to get Carnage T2ed in a single month you have to unlock him, use a mega-6, then spend ~two more weeks grinding his gear. The fact that Enchantress is so good at T1 is what makes her a great candidate for a mega-6 -- if you don't want to get Carny T2 use it on her, agent venom, or spidey 2099 IMO (but maybe wait on the latter to see if he's as good as he should be.)

E: oh and there's mega-T2 tickets too but they cost $80(?) and they've never given one away. If for some reason you have one of those use it on Carny probably but you also might be made of money so do whatever feels right at that point.

Yeah I'm definitely not made of money - I honestly surprised myself getting the $10 bios in the first place. That said, thanks, you've given me more info and helped me determine that for my pace, I'm probably better off focusing on one person give/take a ticket, since unlocking them all and then sitting on them waiting for tickets would be ill-advised.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

NmareBfly posted:

They're pretty drat rare. Cost ~2600 crystals which is practically a month's saving with stark stash. Mega-6 rank ups are the important ones. Mega-6 masteries are good but in the end only save you like 300 norn stones which is a drop in the bucket in the long run. I think we usually get maybe 2 mega ranks a year from various events? And one time they gave out a string of rank 2+3+4+5+6 tickets which are basically the same thing but that was for an anniversary event IIRC and can't be relied on.

Mega-6es are best used on a paywall character you've just unlocked because they'll go from 1* to 6* and save you something like 600 bios that you'd otherwise have to get 20-a-day. To then upgrade to T2, even with a (normal) T2 ticket on hand, you need to get all their gear to level 20 which is another ~300 bios depending on luck. So for instance if you want to get Carnage T2ed in a single month you have to unlock him, use a mega-6, then spend ~two more weeks grinding his gear. The fact that Enchantress is so good at T1 is what makes her a great candidate for a mega-6 -- if you don't want to get Carny T2 use it on her, agent venom, or spidey 2099 IMO (but maybe wait on the latter to see if he's as good as he should be.)

E: oh and there's mega-T2 tickets too but they cost $80(?) and they've never given one away. If for some reason you have one of those use it on Carny probably but you also might be made of money so do whatever feels right at that point.

Save your Mega-Mastery tickets for the mutants, as they use a different material.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

navyjack posted:

Save your Mega-Mastery tickets for the mutants, as they use a different material.

Right now though you can easily grind out everyone, second batch of mutants might be a better use.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

The Dave posted:

Right now though you can easily grind out everyone, second batch of mutants might be a better use.

speaking of, anyone know how many mats Jean needs total? I just hit 420 on Storm and am trying to figure out if I should be trying to naturally T2 her or if I should just burn T2 tickets. If I can get 150 storm bios by the time Rogue is 420 too I might natural Ororo and ticket Rogue? Not sure of peak-efficiency way to do it. I 420'ed Storm and hit the cap on every X-men material on the same day.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

I've had my heart broken by so many potential speed gods but in this case I don't care, 2099 is a childhood fav and I'm hoping to mega him if he's worth anything at all

Very excited for this update!!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

NmareBfly posted:

speaking of, anyone know how many mats Jean needs total? I just hit 420 on Storm and am trying to figure out if I should be trying to naturally T2 her or if I should just burn T2 tickets. If I can get 150 storm bios by the time Rogue is 420 too I might natural Ororo and ticket Rogue? Not sure of peak-efficiency way to do it. I 420'ed Storm and hit the cap on every X-men material on the same day.

So I'm in this same boat. Storm was super lucky on her gears and had two go from 19-20 in one turn. I figure there's no harm in just waiting to see how many storm bios I have by the time Rogue and Cyclops are 420. I'm leaning towards naturally T2 her though because I'm in. I rush with Jean once I get her.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I just naturally T2ed Magneto and my m'kran crystals are drained. I figure maybe by the time Rogue or Storm have enough bios to naturally T2 I might have enough crystals. Then maybe there will be another delay for Cyclops. I'm going to play it by ear but right now I'm tentatively planning to naturally advance 2 of them and use a ticket on the 3rd. But I have no idea how long it will take so I'm just going to see how it all plays out. Since getting them all at once isn't really an option I'm just waiting.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
God, people on the Future Fight subreddit are pissed at this update. Basically boils down to complaining that they can only min/max stats with Urus and not with stat rolls anymore, which... I guess? It seemed like kind of a ridiculous process to me, especially once I figured out they let you automate "set all of them to the same effect" which made it pretty obvious that was the viable tactic.

It seems like some people have their poo poo set up to go partway on dodge/ignore defense and are pissed they can't do that anymore.

quote:

The outcry isn't really about the urus or the cost of rerolling the options on the 4th Gear. It is about the removal of the ability to customize our characters based upon the stats that we have rolled up on our cards.

If they are gonna do this then they have to revamp the card system as well; allow us to lock changeable stats we don't wanna change during a reroll.

To make things clearer for them: We have 3 stages of stat customization: cards, gears & urus. We have stats from uniform upgrade system as well but those very rarely affect much by the time we get there so I won't talk much about this. It will be the 4th stage though when needed.

The first level, cards, is random due to the system being based entirely upon luck for godly stats. With this being the case, we will customize the second level, character gears which are controllable, to better suit what stat our cards have given us. Urus, being the third level, is meant to compliment the first 2 levels and fill in whatever blanks that are still there.

With its very flexible customizing ability, the gear stats system is the major factor of shaping our characters and changing it to what they proposed has pretty much rendered our urus and uniform upgrades less effective.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

NmareBfly posted:

4400 feathers and 1350 crystals to get her to 6/6 and then Thanos/Odin level bios (i think about 6000 bios).

Also her rank ups and mastery ups cost a truckload of gold. More than anyone else's gold cost here.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I just naturally T2ed Magneto and my m'kran crystals are drained. I figure maybe by the time Rogue or Storm have enough bios to naturally T2 I might have enough crystals. Then maybe there will be another delay for Cyclops. I'm going to play it by ear but right now I'm tentatively planning to naturally advance 2 of them and use a ticket on the 3rd. But I have no idea how long it will take so I'm just going to see how it all plays out. Since getting them all at once isn't really an option I'm just waiting.

And there's no one else to spend the resources on ATM, adding in the cap it makes sense to level X-Men the long way instead of burning tickets and then sitting around with a big pile of useless junk.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, that's the basic logic.

I also naturally T2ed Kate Bishop since i just get her bios endlessly from Villain Siege and am debating doing the same with Ant-Man since the chaos tokens keep coming. Down the line I might naturally T2 some of the easily farmable story mission people but for now I figure BAM and Chaos Stones are at least useful for the native T2s. I'm just stuck upgrading Proxima because I need bios (I figure I'll use the Magneto and Kate ones from now on) so I figure I have time before I need the big stocks of those resources.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, that's the basic logic.

I also naturally T2ed Kate Bishop since i just get her bios endlessly from Villain Siege and am debating doing the same with Ant-Man since the chaos tokens keep coming. Down the line I might naturally T2 some of the easily farmable story mission people but for now I figure BAM and Chaos Stones are at least useful for the native T2s. I'm just stuck upgrading Proxima because I need bios (I figure I'll use the Magneto and Kate ones from now on) so I figure I have time before I need the big stocks of those resources.

Ant Man is bad. Do not recommend T2. I will regret until day I die.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
There was a time in the game where T2 Ant Man was good, that time was when there were almost no other T2 options.

There's a TON of better characters now, do not bother with Ant Man he is bad.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Is Lash any good? I just want something to do with all these Chaos Tokens. Should i just waste them on the other prizes?

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Now that Elektra is decent, Lash may be the worst character in the game.

I just dump 10k tokens on the chaos chest whenever I cap out every couple weeks. It's a mega slow farm but you get bios for a number of decent to good people through it -- Hulkbuster, Black Panther, Star Lord, Wasp, Green Gobbo, Doc Ock are all worth having around for one reason or another.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
Ant Man T2 is bad.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Chaos tokens are basically fuel for bios to feed to Dormmy for me.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

STAC Goat posted:

Is Lash any good? I just want something to do with all these Chaos Tokens. Should i just waste them on the other prizes?

no lash is bad

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Cinara posted:

There was a time in the game where T2 Ant Man was good, that time was when there were almost no other T2 options.

There's a TON of better characters now, do not bother with Ant Man he is bad.

I still use Team Pym as one of my daily WB clears :shrug:

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i hear some poor south korean wage slave worked himself to death for your entertainment

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

I still use Team Pym as one of my daily WB clears :shrug:

Yea Team Pym still works fine, but like, why would you use T2 Ant-Man when T2 Yellowjacket can do the same thing but in 10% of the time. Or if you need a speed, there's a bunch of way better options like Elsa, Gwenpoole, Spiderman, even Kamala.

Ant-Man is a legacy from a lower power level time, he can still do all of the things he could then, but now you have far better options for T2 characters.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Cinara posted:

Yea Team Pym still works fine, but like, why would you use T2 Ant-Man when T2 Yellowjacket can do the same thing but in 10% of the time. Or if you need a speed, there's a bunch of way better options like Elsa, Gwenpoole, Spiderman, even Kamala.

Ant-Man is a legacy from a lower power level time, he can still do all of the things he could then, but now you have far better options for T2 characters.

Agreed. Remember when you used to know you're boned when you ran into Nico in TL? Or when Vision ruled TL? I've been playing this game for too long.

Turkson
Mar 30, 2011

Jokes on them! I'm not at a high enough level to equip Uru's.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

I spend all my chaos tokens on the gear chest because gear is had to come by and rules BUT I did max Lash out first because he's useful as a 30% energy lead for SL

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
My friend T2'ed Lash because he is insane.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

NmareBfly posted:

E: oh and there's mega-T2 tickets too but they cost $80(?) and they've never given one away.

They show up in Platinum Boxes when those events are on.

~That's how I got mine~

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Sunk cost fallacy, but I've already got Ant Man at rank 5, with 101/320 bios for rank 6 so I'm going to 6/6/60 him (but not T2 him).

Or at least 6/?/60 him.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Wizchine posted:

Sunk cost fallacy, but I've already got Ant Man at rank 5, with 101/320 bios for rank 6 so I'm going to 6/6/60 him (but not T2 him).

Or at least 6/?/60 him.

He's fine, he's just not great anymore. Doubly so if you already have Elsa from the same token set at 6/T2. Hell, my Lash is 420 because it's impossible to not get those tokens and not a ton of things to do with them past a certain point. Just don't feel it necessary to throw important resources at these guys due to this fallacy.

Actually, Lash was 420+150 for a natural T2 even, but I didn't want to spend the other mats for such a piece of garbage so I eventually consumed them.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Yeah, I've been very close to T2ing Lash many times, now. Both with tickets and au naturale.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Are you kidding I refuse to even take his gears past 15 he's such trash

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I refuse to take Lash past 4 stars.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My whole ranking up strategy is to get everyone to 4/50 just because, then get everyone to 6/60, then gradually work people to 4/20, then T2 as appropriate.

I have Ant Man and Lash to 6/60 and working on 4/20. After that I was just vaguely considering the T2 thing because the Chaos Tokens are so easy to get. But the BAM and Chaos Stones are more valuable, I guess. I just don't use them for a lot and ranking up native T2s takes forever just for the bios since I don't want to "waste" any of the people I don't already have at 6/60/4/20.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Don't listen to these people
Costume + t2 = lash god mode

When you get to vibranium he replaces odin spam. My phoenix struggles against him 6/60/17

Don't ever not tier 2 Lash. He's boss

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I'm just aiming for everyone at T2. Most of them are collecting dust anyway. Like all the spider people, every X-man that isn't Snikt Bub, mostly Strange, Doorman, Thomas, and Sharog too. Depends if I'm doing something else than dailies (not likely). Heck, I seldom get to Strange while doing co-ops.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
[quote="“The Dave”" post="“475170583”"]
I refuse to take Lash past 4 stars.
[/quote]

I refuse to take Lash in THREE NOTES

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
How long is maintenance usually anyway?

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
I think it's usually ~6 hours?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its scheduled to come back at 6:00 UTC. Which I have no idea what that is because I'm dumb with timezones.

But I'm pretty sure its 4 hours from now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

11 pm Pacific time iirc