Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

Two Finger posted:

Not if you buy a pizza stone

Or a cast iron pan

He's really got the mannerisms of a lovely child down pat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/noonanjo/status/895010857754787840

Can we shoot all the pundits along with the rich when we inevitably collapse as a society (hopefully soon)?

Edit: is Korea an epidemic now?

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/895035398853971969

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Aug 8, 2017

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Two Finger posted:

Save us diamond joe

Diamond Joe is probably going to stare into the incoming nuclear sunset coked out of his mind, wearing nothing but an american flag and two playboy bunnies, flipping the bird at encroaching oblivion.

Be like Joe.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

I know nothing about football so until I googled the name, this was a much more surreal tweet.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Jay Cutler fuckin' sucks.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Stultus Maximus posted:

I know nothing about football so until I googled the name, this was a much more surreal tweet.

He's an out of shape diabetic who throws to the wrong team all the time. People photoshopped him as chain-smoking everywhere and nobody even thought about it being fake.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Per Gizmodo, there is not a picture going around Google showing a leaker being beaten.

Gonna be a few job opening soon.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Two Finger posted:

Save us diamond joe

Trying to figure out if you are worried about nukes or a Dolphins fan.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I bet the benefits package for being Google muscle would be pretty good.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Stultus Maximus posted:

:same:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

FAUXTON posted:

He's an out of shape diabetic who throws to the wrong team all the time. People photoshopped him as chain-smoking everywhere and nobody even thought about it being fake.

And his wife is an anti vaxxer

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

CommieGIR posted:

Per Gizmodo, there is not a picture going around Google showing a leaker being beaten.

Gonna be a few job opening soon.

You got a source on this?

EDIT: Found it: https://gizmodo.com/a-meme-shared-on-an-internal-google-meme-network-depict-1797239890

Thought it was a picture of a actual beating.

BigDave fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Aug 8, 2017

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
It took a grand total of a few hours for the Norks to cross Donnie's new red line.

https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/895042283028062210

loving idiot.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

facialimpediment posted:

It took a grand total of a few hours for the Norks to cross Donnie's new red line.

https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/895042283028062210

loving idiot.

They've also been threatening nuclear war against us, constantly, for what the last decade or so? It justs hard to get bothered by grand Nork threats. Them shooting civilian shipping up with cruise missiles on the other hand....

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Aug 8, 2017

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Kim, et al. have no real incentive to launch a first strike, since it would immediately lead to their entire country being flattened. Their nukes are really more of a dead man switch.

Now, I could totally see them selling nuclear materials and designs to the Iranians.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

psydude posted:

Now, I could totally see them selling nuclear materials and designs to the Iranians.

Sounds like an equation that = fire up the war machine to me.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

MazelTovCocktail posted:

They've also been threatening nuclear war against us, constantly, for what the last decade or so? It justs hard to get bothered by grand Nork threats. Them shooting civilian shipping up with cruise missiles on the other hand....

Yeah we should just ignore it

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TBeats posted:

Yeah we should just ignore it

For the reasons psydude points out, really we should. Them loading anti-ship missiles onto patrol boats for the first time on 2014 is something different though.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

MazelTovCocktail posted:

For the reasons psydude points out, really we should. Them loading anti-ship missiles onto patrol boats for the first time on 2014 is something different though.

You probably shouldn't ignore the country with nukes if they say they want to use them.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I wouldn't ignore the 100th bomb threat even if the last 99 were bullshit.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TBeats posted:

You probably shouldn't ignore the country with nukes if they say they want to use them.
If the country could actually get it to Guam maybe, but besides a tugboat or shipping container with a nuke on it, I don't quite see how that's happening. Ignoring the fact that he would die as a result. I don't see Kim doing things that would kill him. He strikes me as a man who wants to live and rule until the bitter end for as long as possible.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

E^: They have the ability now. US intelligence has concluded they've successfully miniaturized a nuclear warhead to fit on top of their ICBM.

I'm not saying ignore them. I'm just saying don't go purchasing that fallout shelter just yet.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

MazelTovCocktail posted:

If the country could actually get it to Guam maybe, but besides a tugboat or shipping container with a nuke on it, I don't quite see how that's happening. Ignoring the fact that he would die as a result. I don't see Kim doing things that would kill him. He strikes me as a man who wants to live and rule until the bitter end for as long as possible.

They couldn't do much of anything just a year ago.

Maybe I'm the only one who think we should take it seriously since they've advanced their capabilities relatively quickly. Maybe you're right though. I'm sure they're done advancing at this point.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

psydude posted:

I'm not saying ignore them. I'm just saying don't go purchasing that fallout shelter just yet.

Ignore may be too strong a word, but a north korean threat to nuke the US just doesn't carry any weight, both for technical and policy implications for them (ie The Glorious Northern Parking Lot). They tend to act out using smaller scale conventional attacks or terrorism. Like I said I think the Anti-Ship Cruise Missile armed patrol boats are more of an actual immediate concern.

TBeats posted:

Maybe I'm the only one who think we should take it seriously since they've advanced their capabilities relatively quickly. Maybe you're right though. I'm sure they're done advancing at this point.

I'm talking about a specific threat to strike Guam right now that they've issued, nothing more.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

TBeats posted:

I wouldn't ignore the 100th bomb threat even if the last 99 were bullshit.

I wounder if all of the threats are just a attempt to gaslight us, so when they do attack we don't believe them.

NK: We will nuke Seattle and Anchorage today at 2AM PST.

NORAD: LOL yeah right. :rolleyes:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

psydude posted:

E^: They have the ability now. US intelligence has concluded they've successfully miniaturized a nuclear warhead to fit on top of their ICBM.

Don't steal my canned sunshine.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
asian face culture

they have to one up us constantly

they can't back down

I mean they can it just has to be in a round about way

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

psydude posted:

I thought the report say that miniaturization had occurred, but not evidence that it's been successfully combined it with the other components (ie nosecone, rv that can survive, etc).

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Donnie is a loving dumbass getting trolled by a dude who wears a loving speedsuit lmfao

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Can you imagine those two fat loving sacks of poo poo in a foot race hahahaba

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

milk milk lemonade posted:

Can you imagine those two fat loving sacks of poo poo in a foot race hahahaba

Which one strokes out and needs medical assistance first?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Well when the choices are "hopefully cooler heads locking poo poo down and distracting the toddler in chief with shiny rattles of positive daily briefings" or "that same pissbaby slinging around his drug-shriveled dick and risking nuclear exchange because he has less understanding of diplomacy than a loving kindergartner" then maybe there are no good choices? I'm pretty OK with kicking that can and trying again later with adults in the room compared to the alternative.

Ya know, the alternative that relies on a department of state where "gutted the place and stripped the copper out of the walls" is a laughably inadequate phrase?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
N.Korea is gunna be Donnies saving grace. Everyone kicked that can of poo poo down the road and now it's fallen to the least qualified person EVER to deal with it

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Stultus Maximus posted:

Don't steal my canned sunshine.

TFR & D&D seem to believe that we here at GiP lust for nuclear suntans.

(Hail SS-18's cleansing fire)

TBeats posted:

I think its more that people have simply been pretending that they can't do what they do every year so they're continually a few years ahead and we're just now starting to see wide-scale acknowledgement of their real capabilities.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

M_Gargantua posted:

I think its more that people have simply been pretending that they can't do what they do every year so they're continually a few years ahead and we're just now starting to see wide-scale acknowledgement of their real capabilities.

And now people have recalibrate to pretending that they won't do anything because of past threats, which I think is foolish thinking.

I'm not saying they will or that I even expect them to. But I think smart thinking would be to expect them to. Because this would be a somewhat lovely thing to be wrong about if you don't expect them to do anything.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

M_Gargantua posted:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

The horror
http://i.imgur.com/NoKbiJM.gifv

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I thought the report say that miniaturization had occurred, but not evidence that it's been successfully combined it with the other components (ie nosecone, rv that can survive, etc).

I still think Jeffrey Lewis put it best when a reporter asked him when we would know for certain that the North Koreans had successfully completed a working nuclear ICBM.

"There will be a sudden flash...and then it will hit you."

Coupled with pointing out that the Chinese ended up having to fire off an operational nuclear-armed MRBM with accompanying boom at the end before the West would admit that "yeah, I guess they know how to send nukes long distances quickly".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Peetown Manning posted:

Jay Cutler fuckin' sucks.

Rolling stone reporting Glen Campbell dead at 81

• Locked thread