Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Four Cutlass Squadron Pilots with Unguided Rockets and Lightweight Frame is 100 points on the dot.

I only have two though, and I'm wondering what to pair them with. Two Aggressors with Ion turrets, maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Four Cutlass Squadron Pilots with Unguided Rockets and Lightweight Frame is 100 points on the dot.

I have a feeling that losing the 1 agility and the bombs from the bombers and the spare TIE fighter to gain a total of 12 shields by going up the stack to punishers might not be worth it

They met again in the semifinals, and it went down to 1 vs 1 bombers. The 4 bomber list ended up taking it, with 2 hull remaining on the final ship.
They had a total of 10 damage cards remaining between both of their damage decks

Another guy in the top 8 earlier flew a Dengar/Nym list vs a triple Scurrg list. Very early on, the triple Scurrg list Boba-Fett'ed Nym's bomblet generator off, and it only went downhill from there :laugh:

VikingPenguin posted:

It's 4BZ all over again, right? K-turns that can't get blocked by big based ships, and you can't run efficiency generics without upgrades anymore competitively, but it checks the boxes.

Quantity has a quality all its own.

Edit: Some recent store champs have had good showings by 4x Karthakk Pirates with intel agent. B-wings have probably fallen behind the power curve, but I am really considering QuadViper Z once Guns for Hire comes out. Most recent Kraytkast had a mea culpa about four aggressors with TLT and how it was surprisingly good late game. The same theory should apply.

I agree. The bombers as built have a pretty good statline at (effectively) 3/3/6/0, with the rockets and LWF boosting the first two. Having a few "suck it" on-reveal bombs to drop did some work for him too.
There's a guy nearby who, months before the aggressors got released, had been running 3x TLT Y-Wings with vectored thrusters and a quadjumper with tractor array and pattern analyzer. He was just wrecking stuff left and right, because that barrel roll does a lot for a TLT carrier.

EDIT: The TIE bombers took the whole thing in the finals vs. 4 ship Rebels. TIE Bomber meta is the new meta

canyoneer fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Aug 6, 2017

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
FINALLY. I've owned four TIE Bombers since Wave 4.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

overdesigned posted:

FINALLY. I've owned four TIE Bombers since Wave 4.

I only have two aggressors though and I have no idea if I'm gonna be able to find more for the damned rockets.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Gamma Squadron Veteran (19)
Intensity (2)
Unguided Rockets (2)
Lightweight Frame (2)

Intensity (2)
Unguided Rockets (2)
Lightweight Frame (2)

Intensity (2)
Unguided Rockets (2)
Lightweight Frame (2)

Intensity (2)
Unguided Rockets (2)
Lightweight Frame (2)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Thoughts?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

What are the chances between unguided rockets and green dice you won't use a focus? intensity seems like a waste of points.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Guy who built it describes playing it as "imagine that The Inquisitor has a TIE bomber dial, and you get 4 of them in a list"

alg posted:

What are the chances between unguided rockets and green dice you won't use a focus? intensity seems like a waste of points.

Yep, never gonna flip that card back over, and I'd rather have the 2 points each for bombs. Then we can downgrade to GSVs to Scimitars and whoops now we're back where we started

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
I'm tempted to give this a go:

Scimitar Squadron Pilot (16)
Unguided Rockets (2)
Lightweight Frame (2)

Unguided Rockets (2)
Lightweight Frame (2)

Unguided Rockets (2)
Lightweight Frame (2)

"Wampa" (14)

"Omega Leader" (21)
Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

KongGeorgeVII posted:

I'm tempted to give this a go:

Unguided Rockets (2)
Lightweight Frame (2)

Unguided Rockets (2)
Lightweight Frame (2)

Unguided Rockets (2)
Lightweight Frame (2)

"Wampa" (14)

"Omega Leader" (21)
Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)

I would like to try using bombers, but also want flankers and some fun ace.

Unguided Rockets (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

Unguided Rockets (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

Black Squadron Scout (20)
Adaptability (0)
Lightweight Frame (2)
Adaptive Ailerons (0)

Black Squadron Scout (20)
Adaptability (0)
Lightweight Frame (2)
Adaptive Ailerons (0)

"Youngster" (15)
Predator (3)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)

Total: 99

Otterspace
Jul 13, 2006

This is not a good idea.

Ringo Star Get posted:

"Youngster" (15)
Predator (3)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)

Total: 99

Don't know if Youngster is going to do that much for you, your tie fighters can't use predator. The ept needs to have an action on it for them to use it.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Otterspace posted:

Don't know if Youngster is going to do that much for you, your tie fighters can't use predator. The ept needs to have an action on it for them to use it.

Ah, I misread it then - so not only it's only for ships marked as a TIE Fighter, the EPT has to have ACTION: on it.

Maybe I can fit in Squad Leader in there somewhere.

Ringo Star Get fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Aug 7, 2017

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

They just mean Predator doesn't have the keyword Action: on the face of the card. Things like Expose and Marksmanship do but there aren't too many useful EPTs that qualify.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

flightless greeb posted:

They just mean Predator doesn't have the keyword Action: on the face of the card. Things like Expose and Marksmanship do but there aren't too many useful EPTs that qualify.

Yeah, Youngster's pretty meh since there's not many EPT Actions, and the ones that exist are... not great.

For reference, Action EPTs are:

Rage
Expert Handling
Squad Leader
Daredevil
Marksmanship
Expose

Not exactly a bounty of riches (Though Rage is pretty good)

VikingPenguin
Nov 6, 2005
I managed a 3-1 at a store championship today with four PS1 scum ships.
Two Karthakk Pirates with Autoblaster turret, intel agent, and long range scanners. A Zealous recruit with title and autothrusters, and a permacloak Jakku Gunrunner with pattern analyzer, tractor Array and Ion bombs.

I lost to a Ghost list in the first round, I think I shouldn't have permacloaked and just added two more dice to my offense.
I then got an Oicunn, Omega Leader, and Duchess. Third was scum Nym Boba with minefield mapper, and finished out with Quickdraw, Backdraft, and Pure Sabacc.

I'm not sure how I'd do against the big lists, but I submarined my way to 5th out of 15.

Are generics kind of okay again, or is it a windmill I'm jousting?

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Flew two Phantoms and a TIE/fo against a buddy tonight. Flying Phantoms is really tricky; planning ahead is a definite must. But it was fun, even though I got stomped. Next time, I plan on subbing in Omega Leader instead of Omega Ace.

Trying to get behind an Auzituck Gunship is a bitch and a half though.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Went to dig out my stuff after basically ignoring the game since a tournament last October to find that I had somehow managed to misplace the card folder with all my pilot cards in it. Yay. Is there any point in sending a sob story email to FFG? Their CS portal seems to be pretty emphatic about not replacing lost parts.

It's not actually that big a collection, just 20 ships or so, and while even tournaments around here don't care I really dislike proxying.
VVVV

Arquinsiel fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Aug 8, 2017

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Arquinsiel posted:

Went to dig out my stuff after basically ignoring the game since a tournament last October to find that I had somehow managed to misplace the card folder with all my pilot cards in it. Yay. Is there any point in sending a sob story email to FFG? Their CS portal seems to be pretty emphatic about not replacing lost parts.

You can usually get the oddball missing piece, dial, or card, but you won't get a whole collection.

Just proxy everything and borrow the cards for tourneys?

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Arquinsiel posted:

I would just keep looking. I thought I misplaced an Advanced Cloaking Device card, but it turns out it got stuffed behind an Engine Upgrade card.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

IronSaber posted:

I would just keep looking. I thought I misplaced an Advanced Cloaking Device card, but it turns out it got stuffed behind an Engine Upgrade card.

That would have been funnier the other way around.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

bonds0097 posted:

That would have been funnier the other way around.

I was flying some Phantoms.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Lol this home brew from the official forums

lmao posted:

Hondo Ohnaka
1 point unique crew, no faction

Rerolled or added dice cannot be modified again.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

alg posted:

Lol this home brew from the official forums

Theres some homebrew cards that are quite blatantly based on how they thought their last opponent beat them.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Oh man, thread link. Cause if there's one homebrew that's bad, there's 5 more too.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

It's all in the thread about not rolling dice, but that's the only home brew.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Hm....I wonder how an autodamage nullifying EPT or pilot skill would work. Like "Anytime you are assigned a damage without rolling, you can take one stress and instead roll a die. On a [hit] or [crit] you take one damage.

Does that make sense? Maybe make it unique?

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

bunnyofdoom posted:

Hm....I wonder how an autodamage nullifying EPT or pilot skill would work. Like "Anytime you are assigned a damage without rolling, you can take one stress and instead roll a die. On a [hit] or [crit] you take one damage.

Does that make sense? Maybe make it unique?

Once per round, when you are assigned one or more damage that did not result from an attack, that damage is reduced by one, to a minimum of zero." I've toyed with the idea of this as an added text to things like Royal Guard Tie.

I've also wondered about building PTL into RGT which leaves INTs free to take another ept.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

TheCenturion posted:

Once per round, when you are assigned one or more damage that did not result from an attack, that damage is reduced by one, to a minimum of zero." I've toyed with the idea of this as an added text to things like Royal Guard Tie.

I've also wondered about building PTL into RGT which leaves INTs free to take another ept.

Just drive over asteroids and have dual EPTs. Lol that's not a good idea

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

alg posted:

Let's just give Soontir Fel PTL plus your choice of Juke/Predator/Lone Wolf.

What could go wrong?

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Some friends and I are planning a single ship free-for-all. The rules are 1 small ship, 35 point limit, no unique cards, and shield/hull points can't total more then 9.
I've played the least out of all of them, so actually winning is pretty unlikely. Instead, I'm thinking TIE Punisher.
Cutlass Squadron Pilot-APT-Unguided Rockets-Conner Net-Twin Ion Engine Mk. II. Maybe cruise missles instead of rockets, or a different bomb option. Any other fun Imperial builds I should be thinking about?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

No uniques, including pilots? I'd probably go with something Rebel; they have the best generics. A kwing bomber, even without Sabine, is gonna be real good in that format.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Omega Squad Pilot in a TIEsf starts at 25 points and can be built up pretty nicely under 35.
Royal Guard Pilot at PS6 will probably be the highest PS generic on the table, and can be a bootleg Soontir

VikingPenguin
Nov 6, 2005
Or, if you think no one else will go with a K-wing, Royal guard push the limit interceptor. PS6 should be about at the top of the PS race, right? You'll have a good bid, too.

Edit: that's two votes!

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I wouldn't go k wing in a free for all game if there are a bunch of enemies, you'll just get focused down before you even get to do anything

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

alg posted:

Well, drive over an obstacle and lose your action or take a stress, meaning you're buggered.

People bitch about the Biggs tax, well, ints have a ptl tax.

Also, yeah, one or the other, obvs.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

PTL is an amazing card. That's not a tax

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I do really like Intercepters. Thanks for the suggestions.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
Shadow squadron pilot, :getin:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Guns for Hire is now On The Boat

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

canyoneer posted:

Guns for Hire is now On The Boat

Yeah, it's gonna be this year's GenCon release. For me it's actually kinda a shame, since I've gotten a new X-Wing release every year I've been at GenCon (B-Wing, Rebel Aces, K-Wing, ARC-170), but since I don't play Scum I don't have any reason to pick anything up this year.

Oh well, at least I won't have to stand in that loving line :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Yeah, it's gonna be this year's GenCon release. For me it's actually kinda a shame, since I've gotten a new X-Wing release every year I've been at GenCon (B-Wing, Rebel Aces, K-Wing, ARC-170), but since I don't play Scum I don't have any reason to pick anything up this year.

Oh well, at least I won't have to stand in that loving line :v:

You should start picking up scum. Join us

It's the cool thing to do

everyone's doing it

You don't want to be a loser, do you?

• Locked thread