Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

This guy's entire channel is a pro click

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
What if: Nothing But Trouble, the video game

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

vermin posted:

What if: Nothing But Trouble, the video game

Would play in a heartbeat.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I'm listening to the RLM Ghostbusters II commentary right now and having a good time.

"welcome to the half in the bag commentary for ghostbusters peace sign"

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Oh my godddddd it's up.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHUV8QLpEAc

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I hope Paul Fieg releases his suicide note soon

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I was hoping it was gonna be a bait and rich because I really don't care about ghostbusters 2016 one way or the other.

Will still watch tho.

a bone to pick posted:

It will be entirely improv'd and go on way too long.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Will download, and watch on plane

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Literally 1 minute after it was released. Good job.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

a bone to pick posted:

It will be entirely improved and set up a whole slate of future Paul Feig suicides but not deliver because he doesn't realize this one is the only one he gets.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Pointing out that coke products weren't allowed in the papa johns scene has made me decide to never pay for a Sony movie for the rest of my life.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Oh hey, so far, I'm totally right and it's about bad comedy practices and not hating on women, everyone can breathe easy.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i do like he pointed out the saturation because that poo poo bothered me. makes it look cheap as hell like it's made for tv or something.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

I miss when you would lie to me about things like this thread.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Yeah, I think this Ghostbusterettes film is not good after all. Who knew!

reignofevil posted:

I miss when you would lie to me about things like this thread.

Next time I'll link to myself doing a very bad Rich Evans impression. Be careful what you wish for.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
It's weird because Spider-man Homecoming also felt like half the lines were adlibed but everyone loves the dialogue lol.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Ripping on Bill Murray for not wanting to rehash a comedy again isn't really cool. There was no need for another GB after the first. Be happy he even made the second one. Complaining about no third film is just stupid.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

It's weird because Spider-man Homecoming also felt like half the lines were adlibed but everyone loves the dialogue lol.

That's cause they had good editing and didn't hang around while the actors did a bunch of dancing and further improving.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Mildly interesting, mildly funny, but more or less unnecessary. GB2016 just isn't really worth anyone's time.

Just do the Matrix sequels goddammit

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
This video will be good to show my friends who refuse to watch GB16, they'll know how bad it is and at least they get to see a fellow fan rip it apart.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I guess that was about as expected. A lot of making GBS threads on Paul Fieg for letting the camera run for 5 hours a scene, and then a whole bunch of direct comparisons to the original. The only part that seemed insightful was pointing out how much every second of the film was overstuffed with dialogue, nothing really got time to land.

FrensaGeran posted:

Just do the Matrix sequels goddammit

Hell yeah, that'd be great.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Jack in a wig

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
This video was the most I've seen of Ghostbusters 2016 and holy wow does it look bad.

E: Like, poo poo, there's no pacing to the scenes and nobody knows how to just shut up.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Aug 9, 2017

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

a bone to pick posted:

Pointing out that coke products weren't allowed in the papa johns scene has made me decide to never pay for a Sony movie for the rest of my life.

They missed all the twinkie product tie-ins in real life. Still though, great Plinkett review. It's great to see how well it can be done if they're inspired enough. I was surprised the hacked Sony emails only got one mention.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I'm excited for new Plinkett even if this is just a rehash of the Ghostbusters HITB

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
It's a shame RLM has decided to hate women by releasing this review. .

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

PostNouveau posted:

I guess that was about as expected. A lot of making GBS threads on Paul Fieg for letting the camera run for 5 hours a scene, and then a whole bunch of direct comparisons to the original. The only part that seemed insightful was pointing out how much every second of the film was overstuffed with dialogue, nothing really got time to land.

Hell yeah, that'd be great.

It also no wonder the budget was bloated because of that. Imagine the amount of video the editors would have to sift through to piece together a coherent movie if every scene had that much alibing

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

priznat posted:

I was hoping it was gonna be a bait and rich because I really don't care about ghostbusters 2016 one way or the other.

Will still watch tho.

It will be entirely improv'd and go on way too long.

ya same

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

tetsuo posted:

I honestly can't believe people were worried about this.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Paul Feig is the role Jack was born to play

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

No Mods No Masters posted:

Paul Feig is the role Jack was born to play

Yeah it's cause Paul Feig is a loving clown!

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

WampaLord posted:

I honestly can't believe people were worried about this.
I'm sure a few nutjobs stragglers were but I'd hope by now most people realize they were duped into defending a bad film (for a noble cause, yay anti-sexism) because some misogynistic troll comments got used as cover for its crapness. Embarrassing but not usually fatal.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

tetsuo posted:

I'm sure a few nutjobs stragglers were but I'd hope by now most people realize they were duped into defending a bad film (for a noble cause, yay anti-sexism) because some misogynistic troll comments got used as cover for its crapness. Embarrassing but not usually fatal.

That one article with the "buy all the lovely merch as a win for feminism" thing made me roll my eyes into next week.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

tetsuo posted:

Trolls were getting into this good and fast on the announcement video, I lol'd

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Light Gun Man posted:

Trolls were getting into this good and fast on the announcement video, I lol'd

Goddamn the RLM comments section is filled with idiots. That is a hilarious troll, though.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Someone buy her an account

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WampaLord posted:

Someone buy her an account

hi

Super Fan
Jul 16, 2011

by FactsAreUseless