Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I've come back into FO4 after maybe last summer? Suddenly, all the modded weapons and armor are invisible. I tried reinstalling the newest versions of them, and the weapons are held and shoot, the armor is worn and the benefits given, but the assets are invisible. Is there an easy way to fix this?

e: I bought the season pass, so I have all the DLC. And I started a new character.

Here's me:

Solid Poopsnake fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jul 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
How do I deal with radiation in Horizon, especially early on? I'm level 4 and my health bar is currently 85% radiation. I took a rank of Survivalist hoping I could make some Rad-Off but I guess I need to find a magazine as well to unlock the recipe?

Do I just try to hoof it to Doc Crocker at Diamond City and hope I don't get one-shot? :ohdear:

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

moot the hopple posted:

How do I deal with radiation in Horizon, especially early on? I'm level 4 and my health bar is currently 85% radiation. I took a rank of Survivalist hoping I could make some Rad-Off but I guess I need to find a magazine as well to unlock the recipe?

Do I just try to hoof it to Doc Crocker at Diamond City and hope I don't get one-shot? :ohdear:

This was me after clearing corvega around level 10. I was a 1hp wonder all the way there. I will say it does get better/easier, though you learn quickly you cannot afford to stay totally healthy, healed and rad free all the time. Once you get into making filtered water purifiers and learning to cook/hunt more food it isn't as much of a burden (though I do avoid as much rads as I can).

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

moot the hopple posted:

There is a doc in Providence that can heal you as well. I made a few desperate runs there when I was trying out Horizon.

There is a railway bridge about 3/4 of the way there from the starter town. Super Mutants seem to spawn there in the Horizon mod, so watch out for that.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

moot the hopple posted:

Make the hike to Diamond City and pay to clear rads from the Doc. If you run across the doc in a random encounter this can help, but usually not too much. Rad-Away is generally too costly, recovers too little, exhautss, and makes you vulnerable to illness. It's pretty lame, and wouldn't even recommend crafting the stuff, excepting in preparation for an excursion into the Glowing Sea.

Do yourself a favor - get something like Immersive Fast travel. Horizon technically has a fast travel mechanic already, but I find it too expensive early, where doctors are incredibly scarce. Then build a fast travel hub from Hangman's Ally. This will let you zip into Diamond City pretty quickly for the doctor, at least until you get some Doctor's setup as vendors at your own settlements.

Dump the rest of your caps into Noodle Cup from Takahashi's. Purified, and satisifies hunger and thirst - it's a steal. Just clean him out, and hang on to any alcohol to sell, since that robot will only ever accept food stuffs for barter - so another reason to get your rear end to Diamond City. You will need to supplement with about another day's worth of food, and generally 1 extra serving of water before the vendors reset and you can buy more - but it's pretty easy to stack up the water early game with a number of preplaced stashes you can go grab - and usually you will find one other purified food item around, or else get enough animal parts to cook.

It's probably one of Horizon's biggest failings. But this really has more to do with Vanilla FO4 being rather poorly designed. Horizon could work a little better with a more clearly designed alternate start mod specifically for it, that starts in Diamond City, with appropriate encounter zones to match. But once you figure out how helpful it is to have access to the Diamond City vendors it's kind of irrelevant. Just get over there one way or another. The walk between Hangman's and Starlight Drive-in isn't actually a big deal if you run via the rail station settlement to green garden. But the fast travel helps 'network' settlements as you spread out, so I still recommend it.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Should've allowed you to travel along supply lines. With chance of random hostile interruptions based on provisioner combat strength.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Are there any nice open settlements apart from the drive through movie lot that would be a good 'main base' for doing Sim Settlement stuff?

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Phrosphor posted:

Are there any nice open settlements apart from the drive through movie lot that would be a good 'main base' for doing Sim Settlement stuff?

The Island is huuuuge

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

That's the one!

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Chronojam posted:

That's the one!

Yeah, this is great! Thanks!

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Say, With shadowboost, do I need to do anything besides put the files in Bin into my main game directory? Like, do I need to download ENB or something? Just want to make sure.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Solid Poopsnake posted:

I've come back into FO4 after maybe last summer? Suddenly, all the modded weapons and armor are invisible. I tried reinstalling the newest versions of them, and the weapons are held and shoot, the armor is worn and the benefits given, but the assets are invisible. Is there an easy way to fix this?
I would recommend loading up your entire load order in FO4Edit and finding some of the modded items. Check to see there are no red cells inside the weapons' forms. The only time I had somethinig happen like this it was that somehow the data for the models were all damaged/changed/using old values or something like that.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I'm on the verge of taking that trip with Danse to the factory loaded with synths. I always come away with a boatload of laser weapons and cells so I should be able to practice making the full array of energy weapons.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Roast or melé a bunch of cocky, passive-aggressive synthetic Kenneth Williams.
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Williams) http://www.dailymotion.com/cdn/H264-848x480/video/x1ssg75.mp4?auth=1501749247-2688-9je73me7-dbb30bb738bd2084778d31d1a0a1fc3d

Hmm, now i have an idea for a terrible mod, I wonder how many times i can record Kenneth Williams saying "Hello"?

staberind fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Aug 1, 2017

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Solid Poopsnake posted:

e: I bought the season pass, so I have all the DLC. And I started a new character.

Here's me:

Does your Fallout4Custom.ini have those lines?

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

If not, there's your problem. The suggestion to check with FO4Edit is a valid one but for most people who come back after a hiatus it's a simple matter of not having that file or have it but without those lines.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

thechosenone posted:

Say, With shadowboost, do I need to do anything besides put the files in Bin into my main game directory? Like, do I need to download ENB or something? Just want to make sure.

No need to download anything. Get Shadowboost, set fTargetFramerate= to the target you desire, done. Just make sure you set the parameter to something that's below your actual FPS limit. Say you have it locked by whatever means to 60, better yet, 61, you want to set the parameter to 58. If it's set to the same number as your FPS is locked to, Shadowboost does gently caress all.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Can someone suggest to me a mod such as SkyUI that unfucks the inventory management in Fallout 4?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

moot the hopple posted:

Secure access to a doctor as soon as possible, you will also likely have to rely on scavenged antirads for a while too. Generally recpies (except ammunition) are magazine OR a perk, not both.

Horizon does allow you, I think, to build a basic clinic with no perks, so that is also an option.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Aug 1, 2017

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Vargatron posted:

Can someone suggest to me a mod such as SkyUI that unfucks the inventory management in Fallout 4?

DEF_UI is still kind of state of the art there, as far as I'm aware.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

Sensenmann posted:

No need to download anything. Get Shadowboost, set fTargetFramerate= to the target you desire, done. Just make sure you set the parameter to something that's below your actual FPS limit. Say you have it locked by whatever means to 60, better yet, 61, you want to set the parameter to 58. If it's set to the same number as your FPS is locked to, Shadowboost does gently caress all.

Yeah, I'm just targeting like, a consistant 30fps. I have a 630Gt and I can just sort of barely play on min settings. Any other recommended mods for increasing performance? I don't know for sure which texture mod to use, if any.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
This has been out for a while, But, someone invested some time in this, so Its in my present playthrough : http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17103/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFIkvhe1xBE

I keep thinking he's going to say a mettalic "Yeee-haaaaw" at any moment.

staberind fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Aug 1, 2017

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Glazius posted:

DEF_UI is still kind of state of the art there, as far as I'm aware.

Thank you sir. Do you know if this will disable achievements and the like?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Vargatron posted:

Thank you sir. Do you know if this will disable achievements and the like?

All mods disable achievements, but happily this exists.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Thanks. I mean I'm not super into the achievements but an inventory mod is so minor that I don't think it's invalidating them for my play through.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

It seems disabling War of the Commonwealth has solved my load screen bugs, but man, the wasteland just seems so barren and quiet and relatively harmless without it. :smith: I wish I could have found a way to make it work.

Is there a mod that turns up spawn density without going as far as WotC, or does it better?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

moot the hopple posted:

OwlFancier posted:

Secure access to a doctor as soon as possible, you will also likely have to rely on scavenged antirads for a while too. Generally recpies (except ammunition) are magazine OR a perk, not both.

Horizon does allow you, I think, to build a basic clinic with no perks, so that is also an option.

Get NPCs Travel and experience the joy of stumbling on a doctor in the wild , it's saved my life more than once.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16987/

MadPierrot
Nov 4, 2009

we are all dead men on leave

marshmallow creep posted:

It seems disabling War of the Commonwealth has solved my load screen bugs, but man, the wasteland just seems so barren and quiet and relatively harmless without it. :smith: I wish I could have found a way to make it work.

Is there a mod that turns up spawn density without going as far as WotC, or does it better?

I use these:
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11621/
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13236/

It can get pretty hairy but I've never used WoC so I can't really compare

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Not exactly what you want but feral ghoul outbreak adds a hilarious number of ghouls which I personally find quite fun and it kinda makes sense for there to be 1.3 million ghouls in Boston IMO.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

How about re-enabling WotC and having a good look at its menu, not trying to be a snarkmaster, but its irreplaceable in my games, along with legendary 100, After its been toned down from "War of the entire loving commonwealth see those flies, they are going to get blatted by the convoy of supermutants who are fighting with some minutemen and some molerats, next to some zombies getting wasted by those bos bro's, while, in the background everything else ever fights itself. haha gently caress your potato computer with only 18 gig of ram and 2 gig of vram, hah!"
to something less obscene, like, turn stuff down, less in a group that spawns, more random, and less spawn frequency. its really adjustable.

also, turning the PA jetpack into an actual jetpack instead of "tap "A" twice to double jump" is good, especially with the crazy "Everything wood is the tree from sanctuary" making walking around a bit hard. that plus "Any enemy, mod, weapon." gives you immaculately weird stuff like a .32 ammo using mirv cannon. so, flying around nuking things that displease me or ada or piper never gets old.

staberind fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Aug 2, 2017

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Sensenmann posted:

Does your Fallout4Custom.ini have those lines?

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

If not, there's your problem. The suggestion to check with FO4Edit is a valid one but for most people who come back after a hiatus it's a simple matter of not having that file or have it but without those lines.

Yeah, it's there. I also checked with FO4Edit but nothing's coming up red anywhere. I appreciate the effort, though.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Those of who you are more experienced with the Creation Kit than I am, perhaps you could give me a little guidance:

What I want to do is make it so when a double barrel shotgun has the short stock, the character holds it at their side like a pistol rather than in front of them like a rifle. I just can't seem to find what controls that.

edit: is it ptequipslot BothHandsLeftOptional? That seems to be a constant with weapon mods that I know are held at the side. Welp, that's not it. It seems that lots of people have had trouble getting shotguns to be held one handed for some reason, from what I've read today. I'm not even concerned about the first person, shooting or reloading animations--I would just like to see the character hold the gun at their side in third person when not shooting.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Aug 4, 2017

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow

Those of who you are more experienced with the Creation Kit than I am, perhaps you could give me a little guidance:

What I want to do is make it so when a double barrel shotgun has the short stock, the character holds it at their side like a pistol rather than in front of them like a rifle. I just can't seem to find what controls that.

edit: is it ptequipslot BothHandsLeftOptional? That seems to be a constant with weapon mods that I know are held at the side. Welp, that's not it. It seems that lots of people have had trouble getting shotguns to be held one handed for some reason, from what I've read today. I'm not even concerned about the first person, shooting or reloading animations--I would just like to see the character hold the gun at their side in third person when not shooting.

It's more complicated than a simple setting - you'd need to export the pistol animation, convert it to a workable state using Havok plugins for 3DS Max, re-rig the skeleton to match the shotgun, and then export the new hkx and keep the file paths intact. If you were doing it for a new weapon, you'd be editing racial subgraph data and tagging it with keywords to get the animations to work, but since you'd just be replacing vanilla shotgun animations, you'd get to skip that part. But it's still a lot of work.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Actually, speaking of shotgun mods, are there any that make it so you can mod the shotgun (in-game) so that it fires both rounds at once ala Doom? It seems like that would be a great way to differentiate the normal and combat shotguns without the normal 'messing with every dang part of every dang mod for 'balance'.

Thinking about it, it would be nice if there was a mod that just pre added the damage bonuses for most gun perks and top receivers so that guns are appropriately dangerous from the start, with the important aspect being how well you can use them (which would come from using the gun perks which are now possibly only one or two ranks, your stats, non damage mods, and your skills).

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

While I was looking, I saw a shotgun mod (that randomly quotes Joe Biden) that makes the double barrel fire two at once. May not be exactly what you're looking for, but it might be a start. edit: ah, here it is.

I am thinking if I can't modify how the gun is held, I might at least edit the Quad Barrel mod to fire all four at once, like the Big Big Boomer from New Vegas. Loved that gun.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Aug 4, 2017

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I want a mod that makes the double barrel shotgun sound like the Super Shotgun from Doom 2, and maybe buff its damage a bit and fire both barrels at once like others have wanted here.

Its such a lovely weapon in vanilla and that makes me sad. How am I supposed to run a Doomguy build without a proper boomstick to shove down the throats of ghouls, mutants, and deathclaws? :argh:

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Aug 5, 2017

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

The Widow Shotgun mod is nice because in addition to looking good it comes with a variety of projectile mods that you can combine with legendaries. At level 90 it still holds ups with Flechettes and neverending, I think.

It also helps to get the And Stay Back mod that adds knockdown to shotguns when you take that one sniper perk.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25946/

I speak Japanese only. :allears:

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
I just found something called Minute Man worth 3K caps up in the sleepwalker's place high on the road near University Point, but I can't figure out just what it is and whether it's mod-added or vanilla. It has such a generic icon, I can't tell if it's supposed to be a weapon mod, clothing mod or something else entirely. Anyone know what I'm talking about, or how I can figure out what it is?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Saint Sputnik posted:

I just found something called Minute Man worth 3K caps up in the sleepwalker's place high on the road near University Point, but I can't figure out just what it is and whether it's mod-added or vanilla. It has such a generic icon, I can't tell if it's supposed to be a weapon mod, clothing mod or something else entirely. Anyone know what I'm talking about, or how I can figure out what it is?

You can check its reference id using the console, the first two digits on the left identify the source; 00 is base game and upwards from there is a dlc or mod. It's your load order.

Phone posting but you can use the help command, partial name, category 4 I think for items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I like to imagine Preston Garvey getting more and more pissed the more I turn Fort Independence into the PARTY CASTLE.

"anyway, boss, there's a settlement over here that needs yo-"
"Do they got dip?"
"What?"
"Dip! We're out of chip-dip."
"...boss, there are people who need help!"
"They need help, I need dip."
"... ... Yes, Yes they have dip."

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Aug 9, 2017