Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Servers are up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Gustav posted:

Honestly, Towers is just as overengineered as Hanamura, the unique gimmicks have very little to do with why it's a fun map to play. Fortunately the only thing that ultimately matters is that the objective brings the 2 teams together for team fights, and it that regard Towers succeeds where Hanamura (and other poo poo maps) fail.
The tower snatching in that map is great. It's the good version of payload empowerment

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Game is up.

Edit: For content, just popped open a Common Loot chest and got the following:

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
So, uhm. I got in an AI match to level a character real quick so I could hit level 300 and get an epic box, hoping I could reroll it for a free Garry. It wasn't to be, but whatever, I have to gold for him. Anyways, I had to help my wife with dinner, and ended up getting dropped from the game. Luckily, I was able to rejoin literally 10 seconds before we dropped the core for a win. Before the match ends, this guy calls me a piece of poo poo in chat. Then this happens.

The match was less than ten minutes, and a total curbstomp obviously.

Also, I didn't even end up leveling from it, lol.

Mr. Bad Guy fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Aug 8, 2017

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Hm. Can't queue up for anything now, I get this message:

Tried restarting. Nothing. Anyone seen this before?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Might want to try the "scan and repair" option in the battle.net client.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I've got the same thing. It's not a client issue, it's caused by the game not being able to get data from us.depot.battle.net for some reason.

Can someone who the game works for (in the US) post what IP address that host resolves to for them?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Power Bottom posted:

Game is up.

Edit: For content, just popped open a Common Loot chest and got the following:

Did you sacrifice a virgin before opening that?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

veedubfreak posted:

Did you sacrifice a virgin before opening that?

I had accidentally rerolled away Garrosh from the previous box, so technically yeah I guess.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Power Bottom posted:

I had accidentally rerolled away Garrosh from the previous box, so technically yeah I guess.

Is that why he's so angry all the time?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

So, uhm. I got in an AI match to level a character real quick so I could hit level 300 and get an epic box, hoping I could reroll it for a free Garry. It wasn't to be, but whatever, I have to gold for him. Anyways, I had to help my wife with dinner, and ended up getting dropped from the game. Luckily, I was able to rejoin literally 10 seconds before we dropped the core for a win. Before the match ends, this guy calls me a piece of poo poo in chat. Then this happens.

Source your quotes.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

tough, but fair

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I mean, you probably shouldn't be telling people you want their family to die in a car fire, but that guy kinda had it coming.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I'm pretty sure it's the meltdown dude who said that, the goon just called him billy butthurt and said 'blow me' so yeah, who is to say who the real villain is?

Warm Woolen Pants
Jan 13, 2008

If you know what I mean...

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

idgi, why did he call you a piece of poo poo in the first place? I've seen people stuck in reconnect hell all game and nobody's said anything because we all know it sucks.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I have no idea how anyone can play this game without allied chat and messages from non-friends disabled.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Hey that's a poo poo move on your part. I hope you get more of these.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Coolness Averted posted:

I'm pretty sure it's the meltdown dude who said that, the goon just called him billy butthurt and said 'blow me' so yeah, who is to say who the real villain is?

I'm pretty sure the guy who:
  1. hosed off in the middle of the game
  2. Started pm'ing someone poo poo post-game instead of just accepting that someone didn't appreciate them doing Exhibit 1.
  3. Started off line 1 of Exhibit 2 calling someone "Billy Butthurt"
  4. Responded to a fairly reasonable explanation of the problem with "lol blow me"
  5. Posted it all to an internet forum

is the Ace Tier Shitlord in this example.

No Wave posted:

Hey that's a poo poo move on your part. I hope you get more of these.

:same:

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

nah what he did was fine and other person is a lunatic.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Toshimo posted:

Ace Tier Shitlord

Mods, can I get a name change?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
it's kinda rude that you blocked him and then keep talking about the match in thread Toshimo

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
If any of you are being rude when i'm not looking you're loving trash

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Toshimo posted:

I'm pretty sure the guy who:
  1. hosed off in the middle of the game
  2. Started pm'ing someone poo poo post-game instead of just accepting that someone didn't appreciate them doing Exhibit 1.
  3. Started off line 1 of Exhibit 2 calling someone "Billy Butthurt"
  4. Responded to a fairly reasonable explanation of the problem with "lol blow me"
  5. Posted it all to an internet forum

is the Ace Tier Shitlord in this example.

:same:

did we all miss the part where it was a beginner ai game that lasted all of 10 minutes even with his absence

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Beginner AI games are serious business.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Don't AFK in any game mode. It doesn't matter if it's vs AI or Brawl or what, people are playing because they want to play, not because they want to cover for your useless rear end. Acting like you're cool because you did a fuckheaded thing and then blew someone off when they got mad about it does not make you cool, it makes you a loser. It makes you an even bigger loser when you brag about it.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Power Bottom posted:

Don't AFK in any game mode. It doesn't matter if it's vs AI or Brawl or what, people are playing because they want to play, not because they want to cover for your useless rear end. Acting like you're cool because you did a fuckheaded thing and then blew someone off when they got mad about it does not make you cool, it makes you a loser.

This 💯%.

I have a friend with an infant who maybe gets 1-2 AI games a week and he's real bad but he really looks forward to those few games. He's exactly the kind of person for whom Beginner AI is the meat and potatoes of his HotS experience and I wouldn't begrudge him those games.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I mean I'm not a huge proponent of AFKing in general but a dude who drops out of a beginner AI game in HotS leaves you with a bot which is plenty sufficient to see the game through to a victorious completion (and may in fact be better than a wide swathe of actual human players), we're not talking someone who draft dodged or ragequit out of comp. The dude wishing familial death on someone for doing so is ridiculously disproportionately angry about a thing that's so minor an inconvenience to the other four players that they apparently still won in 10 minutes. You can't even tell me that the draw of vs. AI HotS is the social cooperative experience because maybe 9 out of 10 games nobody says anything while they grind out their quests aside from spamming emotes at the end.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Kai Tave posted:

I mean I'm not a huge proponent of AFKing in general but a dude who drops out of a beginner AI game in HotS leaves you with a bot which is plenty sufficient to see the game through to a victorious completion (and may in fact be better than a wide swathe of actual human players), we're not talking someone who draft dodged or ragequit out of comp. The dude wishing familial death on someone for doing so is ridiculously disproportionately angry about a thing that's so minor an inconvenience to the other four players that they apparently still won in 10 minutes. You can't even tell me that the draw of vs. AI HotS is the social cooperative experience because maybe 9 out of 10 games nobody says anything while they grind out their quests aside from spamming emotes at the end.
If he actually left the game nobody would care. Watching a character sit there for three minutes, finally get dropped, then come back right before the game ends is highly obnoxious in every game mode and I think offensive in a really strongly felt way.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Kai Tave posted:

This guy didn't flip out because somebody afk'ed. He flipped out because Some Goon hunted him down after the AI game ended to insult and harass with him.

I mean, I can honestly say I've never felt the need to go looking someone up after a game to start poo poo, but I guess that makes me the weirdo based on the comments in this thread.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

No Wave posted:

If he actually left the game nobody would care. Watching a character sit there for three minutes, finally get dropped, then come back right before the game ends is highly obnoxious in every game mode and I think offensive in a really strongly felt way.

Oh okay yeah, if it that was what happened then I misunderstood and yeah, that's pretty lovely no matter what mode, if you have to go just Alt+F4.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Both parties are assholes. Whether it's the clown who AFKed and laughed about it or the guy who got super upset about it is a moot point, because deciding who was the bigger rear end in a top hat will not accomplish anything useful.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Power Bottom posted:

Both parties are assholes. Whether it's the clown who AFKed and laughed about it or the guy who got super upset about it is a moot point, because deciding who was the bigger rear end in a top hat will not accomplish anything useful.

gently caress you, Power Bottom. I am the bigger rear end in a top hat and I've devoted years of my life to make that happen. You can't take that from me.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Power Bottom posted:

The guy in the game carried Mr. Bad Guy's rear end through for his daily and then Mr. Bad Guy *whispers him after the game* to tell him to be more polite about it. Sorry it's pretty obvious who's the rear end in a top hat here.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

guys why are we talking about this GARROSH IS SO GOOD

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
I for one am glad to have stimulated a lively debate on etiquette, gamesmanship, and conflict management.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

so far i'm 1-0 against garrosh and was not impressed, though i was malthael so i guess i'm not really an ideal matchup for him
also i am sad about the various malthael nerfs but he actually feels fair to play now, instead of re-goddamn-diculous, as he did before the reaper's mark/memento mori changes

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Garrosh, is actually bad.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

bamhand posted:

Garrosh, is actually bad.

incorrect

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Well, the new "show cooldowns near the cursor" option doesn't appear to be working for me at all. :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Toshimo posted:

gently caress you, Power Bottom. I am the bigger rear end in a top hat and I've devoted years of my life to make that happen. You can't take that from me.
I'm not sure you can win a "who's the bigger rear end in a top hat" argument when you're arguing with someone who wound up with the username Power Bottom.

No Wave posted:

The guy in the game carried Mr. Bad Guy's rear end through for his daily and then Mr. Bad Guy *whispers him after the game* to tell him to be more polite about it. Sorry it's pretty obvious who's the rear end in a top hat here.
Regardless of the situation, telling someone that you hope they die, and especially that you hope their family dies in front of them, is kinda not that great of a thing to do. Tending towards "rear end in a top hat" territory, even.

SirSamVimes posted:

guys why are we talking about this GARROSH IS SO GOOD
Every single game I've had a Garrosh on my team I've lost.
Every single game I've had a Garrosh on the enemy team I've won.

Surely a coincidence.