Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

So far, I've been 100% correct in my guess, and it's about bad comedy and not "oh no, ladies in my Ghostbusters!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

WampaLord posted:

So far, I've been 100% correct in my guess, and it's about bad comedy and not "oh no, ladies in my Ghostbusters!

Well yeah no poo poo.

Mineaiki
Nov 20, 2013

Hey guys what are we talking about in this thr-------ah yeah no thanks.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

The worst thing about RLM is that they were way too soft in their TFA review.

Yeah, you heard me. :mad:

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Mr Interweb posted:

The worst thing about RLM is that they were way too soft in their TFA review.

Yeah, you heard me. :mad:

Eh, Mike was super excited about it and it looked like it was shot literally 5 minutes after watching it at 2 in the morning. And of course when Mike loves something the others bend to his will.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
RLM is usually way above, say, South Park in their humor style. They do feature a lot of gross/mean thing, but the point is that those ARE gross and mean things done by awful people. They don't pretend it's cool or edgy or even offer a "sensible middle path" like South Park.

They are not ultra-progressives, granted, but they don't have to be. Rich Evans openly called several alt-right 'skeptics' morons and doubled down on it onscreen. Mike even admitted to being disturbed by the 'hidden' message of Starship Troopers (Violence solves everything, go with the vile status quo, actually caring gets you killed).

They even said that the female Ghostbusters cast was one of the few good ideas in the remake that could have elevated it somehow if it wasn't so crap in every other level. They bring up issues like sexism, racism and such often, but don't really linger on them, which is fine because they are cinema buffs talking about movies and geek stuff.

That is not to say that tons of edgelords can't ignore that and see it as a defense of their poo poo.

Mr. Plinkett is in dire peril of being the new Pepe, is what I'm saying.

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQRmacNGFkM
Rich is to internet video people what Vonnegut was to literature.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

The ghostbusters video was good and literally just talked about the movie being awful. Made one joke about possibly being called a sexist at no ones expense except maybe crazies who would think being critical of ghostbusters means you hate women.

It's a shame that literal misogynists/altright cling to otherwise good things and taint it with their affection but even Rick and morty has a scene where they explicitly beat the poo poo out of a nazi, and various rlm people have stated on multiple occasions how awesome it is to kill nazis in movies and video games and real life.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Every time Plinkett brought up that the original Ghostbusters was about four men starting a business all I could think of was the Davis Aurini video.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Who What Now posted:

Every time Plinkett brought up that the original Ghostbusters was about four men starting a business all I could think of was the Davis Aurini video.

What Aurini video?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

He did a 'its going to be poo poo' before it was out and his sole reason was that only men can hunt ghosts.

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich

happyhippy posted:

He did a 'its going to be poo poo' before it was out and his sole reason was that only men can hunt ghosts.
Its true, one day a man will be born able to perceive feminine and masculine ghosts. Until that day, we have women of second sight limited purely to feminine ghosts.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Vulpinetaco posted:

That first one. I haven't even watched it and I know with a name like "The White Wolf Order" it's some neo-nazi poo poo.

Actually this dude is a lost Melnibonean who escaped Elric's purge of Imrryr.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Who What Now posted:

That reminds me of the bunny hop video about movie games. The movie isn't really about hunting ghosts, so a ghostbusters game there's a third person shooter is going to feel like crap

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
stefan interviewed the :biotruths: memo dude (because, i mean, obviously), and after claiming maximum centrism:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN1vEfqHGro&t=1596s

"virtue signaling" :jerkbag:

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Kjoery posted:

stefan interviewed the :biotruths: memo dude (because, i mean, obviously), and after claiming maximum centrism:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN1vEfqHGro&t=1596s

"virtue signaling" :jerkbag:

Apparently centrism is just a combination of fringe right and center right viewpoints.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Verisimilidude posted:

Apparently centrism is just a combination of fringe right and center right viewpoints.
It always has been. Same as how everyone who calls themselves 'classical liberals' is more concerned with the freedom to use slurs and spout right wing memes without being banned from twitter than the freedom to criticize the powerful and demand accountability.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY172rzvbWE

It's mostly H. Bomberguy laughing at Davis, but it's still hilarious to hear Davis Aurini say that men evolved to run a successful business like ghost busting.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

What happened to Davis? His star really dropped once actual nazis started popping up.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

business hammocks posted:

What happened to Davis? His star really dropped once actual nazis started popping up.

he ended up being too ridiculous for the alt right and drove his audience away to greener pastures. mostly it was him and some other idiot who collected thousands of dollars to make an anti-anita sarkeesian documentary which failed miserably because it was a confusing, poorly made mess that was released far too late and underwhelmed everyone who saw it. he's still out there making vlogs and short films but nobody cares anymore because even by the standards of the youtube hate set he's obviously an incompetent clown

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

boner confessor posted:

even by the standards of the youtube hate set
lol imagine not being able to clear that bar.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

business hammocks posted:

He became a super nazi and a weird fringe Christian thing.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Guavanaut posted:

It always has been. Same as how everyone who calls themselves 'classical liberals' is more concerned with the freedom to use slurs and spout right wing memes without being banned from twitter than the freedom to criticize the powerful and demand accountability.

Don't forget conquering Persia and assorted Middle Eastern countries. It's been a mainstay of 'classical liberalism' since it's inception.

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

He became a super nazi and a weird fringe Christian thing.

Most alt-righters who grew out of the Youtube atheist movement aren't really Christian and it's possible that his audience didn't care about his lovely sermonizing.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Maybe he was serious about being a patriarch and joined the orthodox church?

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

boner confessor posted:

he ended up being too ridiculous for the alt right and drove his audience away to greener pastures. mostly it was him and some other idiot who collected thousands of dollars to make an anti-anita sarkeesian documentary which failed miserably because it was a confusing, poorly made mess that was released far too late and underwhelmed everyone who saw it. he's still out there making vlogs and short films but nobody cares anymore because even by the standards of the youtube hate set he's obviously an incompetent clown

Ah Jordan Owen. A man so repugnant that when he tried to make a Sierra documentary the only person he could get on camera was Al Lowe, and that was before people told him who and what he is. Like literally no one associated with Sierra past or present will talk to him, it's fantastic.

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

Glazier posted:

Ah Jordan Owen. A man so repugnant that when he tried to make a Sierra documentary the only person he could get on camera was Al Lowe, and that was before people told him who and what he is. Like literally no one associated with Sierra past or present will talk to him, it's fantastic.

Didn't Jordan Owen repeatedly refer to a stripper in Las Vegas as his "special someone"? Not shaming the stripper, just the fact that an Objectivist Ubermensch™ had to pay for sex.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Pembroke Fuse posted:

Didn't Jordan Owen repeatedly refer to a stripper in Las Vegas as his "special someone"? Not shaming the stripper, just the fact that an Objectivist Ubermensch™ had to pay for sex.

That wasn't ever proven. He did say he had a favourite stripper, and in a different video, said he wanted to spend time with someone "you know who you are."

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

Avenging_Mikon posted:

That wasn't ever proven. He did say he had a favourite stripper, and in a different video, said he wanted to spend time with someone "you know who you are."

Oh well... I hope she at least charged him through the nose.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pembroke Fuse posted:

Most alt-righters who grew out of the Youtube atheist movement aren't really Christian and it's possible that his audience didn't care about his lovely sermonizing.

it could be a gimmick, on the other hand there's something appealing about blind authoritarianism and being able to spin your vague bullshit as unquestionable theology

one of aurini's most popular recent videos is this long thing that ties the kek meme to ancient gods and im not going to click on it to find out if he's serious or not but i assume it's just rambling garbage

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pembroke Fuse posted:

There's apparently enough Christians and Pagans that they get into internet slapfights with each other. Often accusing each other of being secret Jews.

jfood posted:

Don't forget conquering Persia and assorted Middle Eastern countries. It's been a mainstay of 'classical liberalism' since it's inception.
Yeah they were always transparently more about the freedom of the landlord and the mill owner from the Crown and the Church than the freedom of the peasant and the worker from the landlord and the mill owner. It's no surprise that people still into that after it had achieved most of its goals are right wingers looking to sound progressive.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Paging Bomber Jacket

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UyPV2Fj4lk

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Avenging_Mikon posted:

The Gorgeous George of our time

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

This video was excellent. I wish other white nationalists/ancaps fell apart quite that easily, but they're quite a bit more tenacious than Aurini and Owen (and also more vicious in many ways).

Fados
Jan 7, 2013
I like Malcolm X, I can't be racist!

Put this racist dipshit on ignore immediately!
Aurini is kind of a valubale rational because he'a too dumb to florish the arguments they all use and embarasses them by stating their bullshit views directly.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMR_wIqtmQs

TAA is one of the Sargon-likes, and he tried to debate a Marxist over the Labour Theory of Value. It's a loving 4 hour long video, so these are the highlights of TAA having a meltdown culminating in the reveal that he has no idea what the LTV even is and tried to debate somebody over its validity.

Just further proof that a British accent will get you further in life than you have any right too.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Even in Britain having a nice RP accent is a valuable asset.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I personally would like there to be a really well-informed, nuanced macroeconomics channel hosted and voiced by someone who sounds like they're a member of the Wurzels.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Would be a nice counterpoint to west country white supremacist that we already have.

Actually, West Country White Supremacist would be a good name for a band.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Actually, West Country White Supremacist would be a good name for a band.
I am a milk drinker. I drink it all of the day. Because the inferior races cannot due to their poor genetic stock. Ooh arrh, ooh arrh ay, Ooh arrh, ooh arrh ay. *shoots self in filthy bunkercowshed*

• Locked thread