Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer

Vahakyla posted:

Just walked off from morning Pt and formation with the platoon cuz LT was too hungover. Am in my barracks room.

Amount of people taking names or blocking exit or caring about it: loving 0.

Army owns.

Quoting for the eventual fall from grace when he gets assigned to the 82nd or *gasp* USARAK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

lol@USARAK

At least Fairbanks is slightly less of a cesspool now that one of their 2 strip clubs has burned down (Showboats).

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
My day to leave from here is JUne 2020, at which point I'd have like three months left of my contract, so probably I'd stay here until ETS. Either I'll end my career at that point, or I'll go OCS or SC Air Guard OTS, so basically Italy will be my enlistment, one way or the other.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Vahakyla posted:

My day to leave from here is JUne 2020, at which point I'd have like three months left of my contract, so probably I'd stay here until ETS. Either I'll end my career at that point, or I'll go OCS or SC Air Guard OTS, so basically Italy will be my enlistment, one way or the other.

One of my best friends had similar thing with his PCS date from Italy a couple months before his ETS. He got sent to Bragg and had his contract extended for a deployment.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Ahh yes the utterly predictable Needs of the Army surely won't ever rear its ugly head at you

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Better example: my old coworker was getting quality controlled because he had a lot of time prior, came back in and hit 16 years at E5. He had 6 months left.

He got orders to Korea.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Imagine being the poor MP whose job this morning was to give an endless stream of verbal warnings to officers who rode their bicycles across the street, with the traffic light, instead of dismounting and walking the bikes because there's one road on post that's a special snowflake road.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

mlmp08 posted:

Imagine being the poor MP whose job this morning was to give an endless stream of verbal warnings to officers who rode their bicycles across the street, with the traffic light, instead of dismounting and walking the bikes because there's one road on post that's a special snowflake road.

I only got spit on 3 times.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Sergeant Chowdown pretty much had a cameo on the last Rick and Morty.

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

Icon Of Sin posted:

lol@USARAK

At least Fairbanks is slightly less of a cesspool now that one of their 2 strip clubs has burned down (Showboats).

And the Boat was supposedly the "good" one. Rip in piss

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I'm still a little sad I never went to the Sorry Gulch in Sierra Vista just to see if it lived up to the legends.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Pesticide20 posted:

I had a butterbar get super upset after I pointed out we have trucks in Afghanistan and we won't be running everywhere when he tried to motivate us to keep running during PT by saying poo poo like, "When we're in Afghanistan and have to go an extra mile we won't be able to just quit!"

This always made me laugh because I always imagined a bunch of dudes Mogadishu Miling it the gently caress up somewhere under fire and everyone just falls out and starts puking while shaking their fist in the air lamenting the fact they didn't PT hard enough and now they're going to die for being weak distance runners.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Aranan posted:

I'm still a little sad I never went to the Sorry Gulch in Sierra Vista just to see if it lived up to the legends.

How is Sierra Vista these days? Still about a meth lab explosion per week?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Sierra Vista where?

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

I took over a platoon of 50 dudes who are PCS'ing cause we're switching from an infantry bn to an armor last Monday. Went on quarters Wed after a quick oral surgery for a mucous cyst. Then signed out on leave on Sunday. I'm trying to get day drunk and peep bikini butts at the beach and the Tanker 1SG keeps blowing up my phone for notes. Today he went off on substandard performance on my part because one of the NCOs I had under me for 2 days didn't have a NCOER done and he PCS in 2 weeks. Explained to him that his old PSG was responsible, I didn't put any thought into it because I'm not his rater/senior rater/reviewer and he went off on substandard performance, how I shouldn't have taken leave until poo poo was squared away, firing me, relief for cause, etc etc. Then got super pissy when I told him I was only in his NCO support channel for 3 days, he was in it for 3 weeks so he's more at fault than me. Like blowing up my phone non stop pissed.

TLDR: gently caress you Mustang.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

lol get hosed top

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
why did you go on quarters do you not have any heart?

this is why the norks will win the next one.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Kaliber posted:

I took over a platoon of 50 dudes who are PCS'ing cause we're switching from an infantry bn to an armor last Monday. Went on quarters Wed after a quick oral surgery for a mucous cyst. Then signed out on leave on Sunday. I'm trying to get day drunk and peep bikini butts at the beach and the Tanker 1SG keeps blowing up my phone for notes. Today he went off on substandard performance on my part because one of the NCOs I had under me for 2 days didn't have a NCOER done and he PCS in 2 weeks. Explained to him that his old PSG was responsible, I didn't put any thought into it because I'm not his rater/senior rater/reviewer and he went off on substandard performance, how I shouldn't have taken leave until poo poo was squared away, firing me, relief for cause, etc etc. Then got super pissy when I told him I was only in his NCO support channel for 3 days, he was in it for 3 weeks so he's more at fault than me. Like blowing up my phone non stop pissed.

Turn in a blank NCOER with all boxes marked SAT. :smuggo:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Kaliber posted:

Your 1SG sounds like a clown, and you should either just send him the reg that says that NCOER is not your problem (aside from pestering the person who should've written it already) or you could just keep getting NCOERs kicked back by HRC when they see that you're zero percent qualified to be the rater, which is also funny.

I've managed to win these fights in the past, but a guy I know was being told "do it anyway!" and changed his rater comments to words akin to "I've only known the guy for about 10 days, but he seems pretty good!" after the CSM had already blessed off on rater comments that said something different. HRC made it clear whose job it was to write the NCOER after that, lol.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Internet VFW > he responded with "i'm drunk as gently caress and you're a bitch" (Army Megathread)

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

mlmp08 posted:

I've managed to win these fights in the past, but a guy I know was being told "do it anyway!" and changed his rater comments to words akin to "I've only known the guy for about 10 days, but he seems pretty good!" after the CSM had already blessed off on rater comments that said something different. HRC made it clear whose job it was to write the NCOER after that, lol.
This sounds like the best course of action.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I mean it's the most Army response possible. You know it's a waste of time, HRC knows it's a waste of time and will crack down on it, but you have to waste the time anyway because someone with rank is a stupid mother fucker and nothing will convince them until after you waste that time.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

PRESENCE: MET STANDARD

Was definitely in a uniform the three times I saw him.

INTELLECT: MET STANDARD

Dude seemed pretty smart I guess.

etc.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

What's stopping you from telling the NCO to write his own NCOER and give it to you?

I know regs blah blah blah. But it's his career and it sounds like his rater ran off into the sunset. If he wants a decent NCOER he should just hand you an "example NCOER" for you to sign.

If he doesn't even care, turn in a blank one with the SAT boxes checked.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

I replied with
"Before the transition, it was agreed upon that all NCOERs will be done by the original rater so we would not have to do a change of rater. I assumed his rater and senior rater had it submitted it for corrections and etc 30 days prior like how we usually do. But SSG so and so said it was done and he'll get his old PL to sign it."

And that's where he came back with the whole sub standard poo poo. Dude's a tool. He had two 2000 formation because one of his tanker had a dental appointment to get his wisdom removed. Skipped it and went AWOL. By the time his quarters was over was when people realized he was AWOL. So we had a 100% accountability formation and a roll call because NCOs couldn't keep accountability. The second one was on a Saturday. We have our BN spread out between 4 barracks and some kid in who knows what company destroyed a floor that we had 3 soldiers on. So 2000 ACU/OCP accountability formation to do room inspections.

Kaliber fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Aug 9, 2017

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
ignore him and then text back weeks later "oh i'm sorry i didn't have cell service in the area i was in"

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I had an NcOER go up as a 2/2 and come back as a 3/4. My command made it clear they didn't like me.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!

Soulex posted:

I had an NcOER go up as a 2/2 and come back as a 3/4. My command made it clear they didn't like me.

There's more to this story ...

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

My old top is an old oval office and she can suck whatever homeless loving person she grabbed on the way home.

gently caress her. She wasn't even in my rating chain.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I think I put examples here and I'm sure Inhave it floating around somewhere but it literally says in the first block something like :"out performed every single one of his peers (I think a pool of 300 or so) by winning multiple accolades in his respective professional field."

Right under that:

"Failed to successfully train so and so resulting in blah blah"

Needs Improvement.

If I can be hosed I'll dig the goddamn thing oh.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Soulex posted:

I think I put examples here and I'm sure Inhave it floating around somewhere but it literally says in the first block something like :"out performed every single one of his peers (I think a pool of 300 or so) by winning multiple accolades in his respective professional field."

Right under that:

Needs Improvement.

"What could the rated NCO could serve the Army best as?"

Civilian

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Who's ready for the IRR to drop the last R?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Soulex posted:

Right under that:

Needs Improvement.

And they say the army doesn't prepare you for the civilian workplace!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

Civilian

I no poo poo had a goddamn 13 YEAR CAPTAIN in Iraq who had "recommend to retain at rank" written into her last 'noone-is-giving-you-anymore-waivers' look and eventually hosed off to NG or something.

She got pregnant down range, and had a degree in children's teaching. Most disgusting person I've met besides my old Iraq roommate. Her period chair stayed there for 8 goddamn months.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

spacetoaster posted:

Civilian

I worked with an NCO who got basically that. Tons of bullets about tactical and technical abilities, creating field fixes to critical pieces of equipment, knocking all evaluations out of the park, but also was a dumbass who slept with the wrong people and lost rank, mouthed off to the CSM, and hosted a poorly thought out party that resulted in drunk antics getting a person literally shot and killed.

The CSM said he was a brilliant guy who would best serve the army as a contractor.

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

Vahakyla posted:

No one because something called the Individual Ready doesn't make any sense.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Vahakyla posted:

Wat?

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Soulex posted:

Her period chair stayed there for 8 goddamn months.

What the gently caress is a period chair?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Kaliber posted:

What the gently caress is a period chair?

I think I already figured it out and decided not to ask.

Also, why is a degree in "children's teaching" a problem? I can't think of a better degree for someone in the military to have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

spacetoaster posted:

I think I already figured it out and decided not to ask.

Also, why is a degree in "children's teaching" a problem? I can't think of a better degree for someone in the military to have.

Maybe it's because I was infantry, but finding someone I served with that is suitable to teach kids isn't realistic.