Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

The Human Crouton posted:

Am I to understand that Trump's statement was a combination of quotes from Harry S Truman and Red Skull?

hail hydra

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uh oh pancho!
Sep 3, 2004

THE MARATHON WAS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY

CLEAR TIME SGDQ18

Bilirubin posted:

hahaha saw Valve and thought "Half Life 3" for the briefest instant

it even has three lambdas, mother fuckers

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Nichael posted:

But they don't follow the Rules of Chyron Capitalization. It's just Random Capitalization, turning some poo poo into Proper Nouns for no reason like old English German

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
life hates you so HL3 will be released the day of the nuclear holocaust

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

hey logik what buttons do you get that iks dont

ive always wondered

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe

ScrubLeague posted:

Cat mayors are actually incredibly smart you loving piece of poo poo

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Am I to understand that Trump's statement was a combination of quotes from Harry S Truman and Red Skull?

Close. Truman and the speech he gave about opioids, the end of which he remembered and decided to reiterate when talking about nuclear proliferation.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

GobiasIndustries posted:

Yeah :( NK is just and has been such a garbage situation for so long that there really isn't an answer anymore. I like to laugh at Trump a lot but him getting really grumpy about foreign affairs is legit scary and his off the cuff bombastics today were not inspiring to say the least

hosed up thing is that those weren't off the cuff. He knew of this development before the Pentagon released it. At the LEAST he had a couple of days to talk about this with advisors. He consciously chose to be that dumb.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Squizzle posted:

hey logik what buttons do you get that iks dont

ive always wondered

nothing you don't have. all mods have in addition to IK buttons is being able to view the reports forum and the mods only forum

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

logikv9 posted:

life hates you so HL3 will be released the day of the nuclear holocaust

manaMAGA from heaven

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Gringostar posted:

gratz on not being a nazi

also I'm assuming on actually wiping your rear end semi-regularly

I live hard and fast by one simple credo:

Brush your teeth and floss after every meal.
Wipe your butthole with care and respect after every poo.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

logikv9 posted:

nothing you don't have. all mods have in addition to IK buttons is being able to view the reports forum and the mods only forum

is the reports forum as tedious as it sounds

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 210 days!

Lastgirl posted:

*phone goes off, promptly waking me up from my drunken stupor. it's a declaration of national emergency because Trump tweeted something an hour ago and Chicago has vanished off the face of the earth.*

headlines describe trump's decision to tweet the invocation of sacrifice to mal-duum-ra as "controversial"

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
everyone here old enough to have had legitimate late cold war anxiety over world ending nuclear war raise your hand

i just gave myself a pretty good jolt imagining everyones cell phones lighting up at once with a motherfucking civil defense warning in the 2017 version of the fingernails on a blackboard emergency broadcast/alert systems awful grindy specific area message encoding noise

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

logikv9 posted:

also the :filez: forum

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

GobiasIndustries posted:

Close. Truman and the speech he gave about opioids, the end of which he remembered and decided to reiterate when talking about nuclear proliferation.

This sentence does not make sense and therefore is a good first-person source for 2017.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

or maybe its the best panopticon view of the forums many hilarious meltdowns

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe

Squizzle posted:

imagine a boring place where nothing happens then u fill it up with byob comedy probes

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Where is the girl in the LOL t-shirt to save us?

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Sean Hannity, thinking imaginatively, has realized it's not asking for a safe space if you ask for a safe time

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
and every trumoe you make
Grimey Drawer

Joementum posted:

Donald Trump
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, DC 20500

property tax: none (is a national park)

Please post his tax returns now, tia.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

eat your own you stupid fucks!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Squizzle posted:

well going by just C-SPAM reports it's very empty. this is what you get when we have three active mods reviewing whenever possible and a forum that doesn't generate the same level of dumb anger as lets say, D&D or GBS. some other forums, i can only express my sympathy for the reports they have to read through

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Rah! posted:

to be fair, a brain-damaged pissbaby wasn't the president those other times

It's what makes this whole saber rattling song and dance so fuckin' frustrating, because every year we have to pretend that NK might be able to hurt us instead of our allies, and no one ever just gets out and says "listen no one involved here actually wants war, literally no one" so now our senile idiot president who can't find his limo in front of him is yelling about nukes

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Lastgirl posted:

*phone goes off, promptly waking me up from my drunken stupor. it's a declaration of national emergency because Trump tweeted something an hour ago and Chicago has vanished off the face of the earth.*

jesus christ lastgirl get out of my head

you wrote this while i was looking up what the hell the weather radio tornado warning sound is called

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Lastgirl posted:

hell :same:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Rushi posted:

imagine a boring place where nothing happens then u fill it up with byob comedy probes

thats the modqueue tho

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

This sentence does not make sense and therefore is a good first-person source for 2017.

Someone, probably Miller, copped Trumans speech. Then Trump repeated the line to make it more bigly as he does and added in the whole 'the likes of which' garbage which was from his remarks on opiates earlier.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

logikv9 posted:

well going by just C-SPAM reports it's very empty. this is what you get when we have three active mods reviewing whenever possible and a forum that doesn't generate the same level of dumb anger as lets say, D&D or GBS. some other forums, i can only express my sympathy for the reports they have to read through

cspam is real good imo

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

logikv9 posted:

I can only guess at the fun and games to be had there. Vexatious reporters being a thing and all.

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016
who is the title about

*what tweet*

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

when i imagine the cspam reports forum i imagine most of it is just stupid jokes like when we report people for not liking imminent nuclear death or something, with some racism reports thrown in.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

And then suddenly I realize why the Democrats aren't saying a goddamn thing. Because Trump is doing all the heavy lifting for them.

Grondoth posted:

How are we so loving stupid we fall for this every goddamn year, NO ONE wants a war in NK except maybe the stupidest ruler to ever be in control of anything, and that includes cat mayors and horse kings

The stupidest ruler when, faced with a chance to stand up and dust off North Korea, sat down hugging himself screaming impotent threats only to try to ignore it by bringing up an Alabama primary. Donald loving Trump is the most pathetic person ever, and you can tell North Korea is doubling down on making him back down with the whole Guam statement. It's amazing to see how much of a chickenshit Trump is. Fatty doesn't want anything interrupting his vacation.

GobiasIndustries posted:

Yeah :( NK is just and has been such a garbage situation for so long that there really isn't an answer anymore. I like to laugh at Trump a lot but him getting really grumpy about foreign affairs is legit scary and his off the cuff bombastics today were not inspiring to say the least

The fucker is pawning it off on China and has been for a while. Which makes his sad body language even more sad. What is Trump going to do when confronted? Ignore it, just like he did with every single bad deal he made when it started going bad. The fat baby bitch can't do anything himself.

logikv9 posted:

leftists couldn't win
centrists couldn't win

the only winner is Phil Miller and the Phil Miller Way

Not to mention that it seems that the trend right now is that a lot of Trump voters are having second thoughts, and they don't have Hillary loving up the spread:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/8/8/1687790/-Democrats-just-won-YET-ANOTHER-election-that-should-have-been-a-cakewalk-for-the-GOP

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i don't usually read reports from other forums but occasionally i just skim and i see large blocks of reports all coming around the same time from one forum, and so i know some flame war is going on

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Zas posted:

day 201

:same:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Lastgirl posted:

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe

Squizzle posted:

thats the modqueue tho

i'm dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe