Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
is the trump thread that got moved the the private mod subforum still canon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

deadgoon posted:

reported for no ed balls

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

https://twitter.com/cher/status/895162986792452097

someone buy cher an account

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

deadgoon posted:

it was an ar15, not a canon.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
ah benzo carson sleepwalkin with an ar-15, woops :tootzzz:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

ScrubLeague posted:

Yeah Michael Lewis is a very good story teller but not a great prose writer. He's kind of reverse Steinbeck.

have you read Liar's Poker? I was considering doing that next but it's apparently his first book and probably is even rougher than some of the others

A book that dug this quote up should at least be worthwhile though:

quote:

At some point I could not help but ask John Gutfreund about his biggest and most fateful act: Combing through the rubble of the avalanche, the decision to turn the Wall Street partnership into a public corporation looked a lot like the first pebble kicked off the top of the hill. "Yes," he said. "They--the heads of the other Wall Street firms--all said what an awful thing it was to go public and how could you do such a thing. But when the temptation rose, they all gave in to it." He agreed, though: The main effect of turning a partnership into a corporation was to transfer the financial risk to the shareholders. "When things go wrong it's their problem," he said--and obviously not theirs alone. When the Wall Street investment bank screwed up badly enough, its risks became the problem of the United States government. "It's laissez-faire until you get in deep poo poo," he said, with a half chuckle. He was out of the game. It was now all someone else's fault.

He watched me curiously as I scribbled down his words. "What's this for?" he asked.

I told him that I thought it might be worth revisiting the world I'd described in Liar's Poker, now that it was finally dying. Maybe bring out a twentieth anniversary edition.

"That's nauseating," he said.

Hard as it was for him to enjoy my company, it was harder for me not to enjoy his: He was still tough, straight, and blunt as a butcher. He'd helped to create a monster but he still had in him a lot of the old Wall Street, where people said things like "a man's word is his bond." On that Wall Street people didn't walk out of their firms and cause trouble for their former bosses by writing a book about them. "No," he said, "I think we can agree about this: Your loving book destroyed my career and it made yours." With that, the former king of a former Wall Street lifted the plate that held his appetizer and asked, sweetly, "Would you like a deviled egg?"

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

how do you pronounce cher anyway

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

TWIST FIST posted:

sharia

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
so much for the tolerant left

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giPnsnWy2a0

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

should i buy a vive

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

That idiot who got coins all burned into him who cares

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it
does anyone else remember trrump implying at one of those clowncar debates that he not only liked guns, but was currently maybe carrying a gun? like, the wimpiest possible NYC fatass was secretly packing a big ol sixgun strapped around his lardass waist, despite the fact that he has obviously never touched a gun in his life? and his fans were like "ohhh strong daddy like gun <3 <3"

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

angerbeet posted:

that was rhulad sengar and he also owns

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

angerbeet posted:

looking for Coins

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

SKULL.GIF posted:

the new ones look really annoying though, I like to hold my Kindle with one hand and advance pages with my thumb on the physical button, having to swipe or whatever it is they do now looks a lot more involved
It's really not. You can tap the screen (left edge to go back a page, anywhere else for forward), you can swipe, whatever's comfortable/convenient at the moment.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

SKULL.GIF posted:

have you read Liar's Poker? I was considering doing that next but it's apparently his first book and probably is even rougher than some of the others

A book that dug this quote up should at least be worthwhile though:

Yeah Liar's Poker is good, I think The Big Short is probably his best book, but Flash Boys is pretty excellent too.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

anime tupac posted:

does anyone else remember trrump implying at one of those clowncar debates that he not only liked guns, but was currently maybe carrying a gun? like, the wimpiest possible NYC fatass was secretly packing a big ol sixgun strapped around his lardass waist, despite the fact that he has obviously never touched a gun in his life? and his fans were like "ohhh strong daddy like gun <3 <3"

americans are extremely retarded

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

anime tupac posted:

its an invisible gun, top secret tech, the best

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

deadgoon posted:

that was rhulad sengar and he also owns

Malazan Book of like 5000 characters with r'an'domly a'ccen;ted names

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Jose posted:

should i buy a vive

y r u askin me?

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Calibanibal posted:

its an invisible gun, top secret tech, the best

sometimes i still get a shock when i see how ugly the president is

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
whoops nvm i had my monitor turned off

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

peeonwe posted:

y r u askin me?

i thought you had one

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

TWIST FIST posted:

zȳ́er

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Jose posted:

i thought you had one

meybe eonwe has one? i cant afford no virtual reality

can barely afford real reality lol

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
gently caress u amazon

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it

Jose posted:

americans are extremely retarded

agreed, but, counterpoint: everyone is extremely retarded

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Baloogan posted:

gently caress u amazon

im tha attachment in tha censored email

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

so is she the democrat or the fascist

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Jose posted:

i thought you had one

I had one. I sold it after a year. Wait for next generation. Higher resolution, wireless, foveated rendering, etc....

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

anime tupac posted:

agreed, but, counterpoint: everyone is extremely retarded

:agreed: i live on an isle full of child fuckers who voted fro brexit

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

peeonwe posted:

im tha attachment in tha censored email

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Hamelekim posted:

I had one. I sold it after a year. Wait for next generation. Higher resolution, wireless, foveated rendering, etc....

ok. i wasn't planning on getting one particularly soon but i have the money and am retarded

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
muh new geiger counter

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
why the gently caress would u want to know how much radiation ur eating

leave a little mystery in life

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Calibanibal posted: