Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I like dogs with human names and ed balls. I always wanted a dachshund named Franklin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

"this is the mayor of earth" said the voice on the phone "i need to know the distinction between distilled spirits & fermented beverages"

"i knew this day would come" i responded

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

i wonder if it was a german car

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Earth wouldn't have a mayor you absolute loving idiot!!

It would be at least a king, probably higher.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Fix posted:

Who the gently caress are these idiots?

last one was my gp who im supposed to see soonish for a checkup which is why im thinking about it

the other reason im thinking about it is i got some kinda cheap liquor in the cabinet but id rather have some beer but i dont have any beer

Yinlock posted:

"this is the mayor of earth" said the voice on the phone "i need to know the distinction between distilled spirits & fermented beverages"

"i knew this day would come" i responded

one of them tastes good and can be drunk in quantity

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I picture you staring hopleslessly at a row of bottles all labeled "Liquid?"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Is this all there is or is this clipped from something longer

I gotta know!!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Trump: "we're bringing back everything you loved about the 50's!"
*10 minutes later"
News Anchor: "the threat of nuclear destruction is becoming more and more certain"

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
every time i gotta fill out a medical history it asks if u drink and how frequently and its like

idk i drink a six pack 2 or 3 times a month probably, how do i count that, a drink a day? that's not right

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Just tell them that. Accurate information is best for medical checkups.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Augus posted:

Trump: "we're bringing back everything you loved about the 50's!"
*10 minutes later"
News Anchor: "the threat of nuclear destruction is becoming more and more certain"

in all reality, a classical full nuclear exchange isn't on the table. it would suck to be near the one or two successful attacks, but it won't be a nuclear holocaust. but if you think 9/11 broke america, imagine a couple big cities getting nuked.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

deadgoon posted:

every time i gotta fill out a medical history it asks if u drink and how frequently and its like

idk i drink a six pack 2 or 3 times a month probably, how do i count that, a drink a day? that's not right

the c-spam answer is ""frequently" implies i ever stop"

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I miss the 50's taaaaaaxxxx struuuuuuctuuuurrrreeeee and draaaaaaffffffftttttttt....

Send more Americans to South Korea, because there's real good shopping in Sinyongsan. Deals upon closeout deals!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I'm the turdfuzz (rip) of page 5065. Don't kill me like you killed him, plz.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl6k_h2drK8

this except its NK and at the instead instead of doves its piss

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I like to drink often but never heavily.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Wolfsheim posted:

skipped a bunch of pages was playing wasteland 2 to prep for the coming nuclear aftermath

do we have a countdown timer on this poo poo yet or w/e

Wasteland 2 is really bad

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Lastgirl posted:

sorry, your geiger is really loud and very clicky

can you turn it off tia

*click*

TRUMP

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

how wasteland 2 made it that far through development with nobody realising the combat is insanely boring and there is tons of it and it lasts ages and is unskippable smh

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
*moves counter near some hot takes*

TRUMP *click* TRUMP *click*click* TRUMP *click* TRUMP *click*click*

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jose posted:

how wasteland 2 made it that far through development with nobody realising the combat is insanely boring and there is tons of it and it lasts ages and is unskippable smh

Wasteland 2 is a mess!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Jose posted:

lol if u don't cheat in every rpg

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yo, Trumpers. Nice day for a nuclear firebath, eh?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Reality Winner posted:

avery brooks owns and should be in more things

his only competetion for being best star trek captian is kirk

picard is lame as poo poo

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
and, imo, sisko is way better than kirk

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
god, god god god, if i could change one thing in history it would be to combine B5 and DS9's cast and crew and budget and scope

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Baloogan posted:

god, god god god, if i could change one thing in history it would be to combine B5 and DS9's cast and crew and budget and scope

its called star wars

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
capt sheridan always struck me as a number two, like, exec officer. he never had the gravitas required for the role. which maybe is a theme of b5? but anyhow, b5 with brooks as lead with sheridan as his XO would have been loving amazing

quark and londo? gently caress yes

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
brooks has such a presence on stage, sheridan is too much of a boy scout, a space station needs a hero

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Baloogan posted:

this is true

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Baloogan posted:

I was going to say that Sisko has an unfair advantage of being a literal demigod. But they made a movie about Kirk beating God...

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Baloogan posted:

or its the new star trek films

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
sisko is a war criminal

krik is a fun&sexy war criminal

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

and guys, it's The Sisko

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

FabioClone posted:

I was going to say that Sisko has an unfair advantage of being a literal demigod. But they made a movie about Kirk beating God...

kirk is like, all those 1950s space adventurers from the golden age put into a blender

sisko's character is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay deeper than kirk.

kirk is like, "im afraid of getting old and useless so i do things to feel young" as a major component of his character ( in the movies )

god its such a loving shame that that steaming steamboat of garbage TNG got movies and DS9, one of the finest pieces of fiction on TV ever, never got even a single movie

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

kirk didn't make this so he's worse by default

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oai1V7kaFBk

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Shatner Kirk was incredibly bad. At least Pine Kirk is alright.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
picard would never assassinate a diplomat, never in a billion years

sisko got a turkish spy to assassinate a russian diplomat and monologged about it, breaking the 4th wall in a way, while drinking alone in his apartment to justify his actions to us, and to himself

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
ds9 is easily better, just because O'brien trying to blow his brains out, before anything else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
romulans are chinese, klingons are russian

• Locked thread