Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

So what was that game those Professional You Tubers were flown out to play? Wasn't it supposed to be detailed on Tuesday?

Edit: oh, it was the 3DS Metroid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Mega64 posted:

Mario Maker Switch

Animal crossing maker

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Also Slime-san is really good. A ton of content and customization and challenges, and it's one of the best "pick up and play for a few minutes" games I've seen so far on the Switch. Definitely worth a look at $12 if the Super Meat Boy style of platformer appeals to you.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Rexroom posted:

https://twitter.com/brawloutgame/status/894935473885519872

The Smash Bros clone from the folks behind Smash Bros Melee mod Project M will also appear on the Switch "late 2017". Hooray?

"I wish Hyper Light Drifter was on Switch!"

*Finger on monkey's paw curls*

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
It'd be nice if some non-competitive First Party games came out already, cause otherwise, this thing is looking more barebones than the N64. Pretty sure it had more than just M64 and Pilotwings by this point.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mister Facetious posted:

It'd be nice if some non-competitive First Party games came out already, cause otherwise, this thing is looking more barebones than the N64. Pretty sure it had more than just M64 and Pilotwings by this point.

Mario XCOM this month.:wink:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I started playing that Zelda game

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

Honestly, there's so little content I'm genuinely considering it, and I haven't touched an Ubi game since AC2 and Blood Dragon.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

It's going to be good.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Honestly, I'm happy with only one major release every month or two. I have a job and responsibilities and poo poo, and with the Switch I am not getting nearly as much FOMO over the deluge of amazing games I don't have the time to play.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Alucard posted:

Honestly, I'm happy with only one major release every month or two. I have a job and responsibilities and poo poo, and with the Switch I am not getting nearly as much FOMO over the deluge of amazing games I don't have the time to play.

Same. I already have a backlog of Wii U and 3DS games. I need some time to breath so I could finish them.:(

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

SeANMcBAY posted:

Same. I already have a backlog of Wii U and 3DS games. I need some time to breath so I could finish them.:(

Just get a job when you travel every second week and you'll unlock countless hours to finish games (note this only works on systems you can take with you or hook up to hotel tvs).

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

iajanus posted:

Just get a job when you travel every second week and you'll unlock countless hours to finish games (note this only works on systems you can take with you or hook up to hotel tvs).

Imagine a console of such power... and grace

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I wrote a post about the Splatoon headset adapter here. I meant to post it in this thread, but basically it's not completely useless

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Mega64 posted:

Also Slime-san is really good. A ton of content and customization and challenges, and it's one of the best "pick up and play for a few minutes" games I've seen so far on the Switch. Definitely worth a look at $12 if the Super Meat Boy style of platformer appeals to you.

I loving love everything about it so far, I never liked Meat Boy at all but I feel the controls and stylistic content of this game are far better + the "stomach acid" countdown makes it necessary for each level to work within a better frame. I love finding secret areas and characters and then later seeing them pop up in that weird town.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Anybody expecting this game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioYUWfWpHG0

... should probably cross it off their list- unless they have a spare $65,000 United States dollars, platform support other than PC (and funding in general) are Kickstarter goals.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Mister Facetious posted:

Anybody expecting this game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioYUWfWpHG0

... should probably cross it off their list- unless they have a spare $65,000 United States dollars, platform support other than PC (and funding in general) are Kickstarter goals.

it says switch version is at 184k and it's already at 188k apparently unless i'm reading this S$250,000 thing wrong?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

It needs $250k USD. They have $255k SGD, which is Singapore dollars. Roughly $186k US.

So, $65k USD short, with two weeks to go.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

It says on the stretch goals that they need S$250k for the switch version though, even gives an approximation in US$ below it. They just haven't updated their graphic yet for the achieved stretch goal.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Mister Facetious posted:

It needs $250k USD. They have $255k SGD, which is Singapore dollars. Roughly $186k US.

So, $65k USD short, with two weeks to go.

:thinking:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

:doh:

Well, that's good then.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
That game looks bad.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

youre stupid loving posts look bad !!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

iajanus posted:

I played a heap of Wonderboy last night and can confirm it is quite fun, although jesus christ trying to play with the original graphics in some sections is a nightmare of colour

That's every Master System game

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

That's every Master System game

I was a snes child

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Man, I kept trying to find this game trailer for a while, and I was getting really frustrated that I couldn't quite remember what this game was and where it was shown off. I was sure I saw it for some nintendo thing and I remembered the game had a funny scene for sword crafting, but I just could not remember where it came from.

Anyway, I think looks interesting. It kinda looks like Rune Factory and I really like those so I hope it turns out good.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

That's one phallic fish

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Frankston posted:

That's one phallic fish

It looks nothing like a candiru :confused:.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

next atelier game is gonna be on switch

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

good

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

It's also coming to the PS4 and Vita. Just so you know.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
The Switch should've come out in November 2017. It's so obvious they rushed it out half cooked from a software standpoint. So honestly if you already have one just consider any game released between March and November a launch title.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I'm glad the Switch came out in March 2017 because it's fun and I enjoy playing it.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Imagined posted:

The Switch should've come out in November 2017. It's so obvious they rushed it out half cooked from a software standpoint. So honestly if you already have one just consider any game released between March and November a launch title.
What??? Every Nintendo game released since March has been really loving good, launch titles are terrible 99.9999999999% of the time

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SeANMcBAY posted:

Can’t wait for the Switch’s first good game to come out this month!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Imagined posted:

Are you serious dude? You think the Switch needed to launch with Zelda and Mario Kart and Splatoon and Mario and Fire Emblem Warriors and Mario+Rabbids?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

I'm glad the Switch came out in March 2017 because it's fun and I enjoy playing it.

Yeah I'm not sure, I've only got a couple of hundred hours of excellent entertainment out of it so far. Pretty terrible.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Cat Machine posted:

What??? Every Nintendo game released since March has been really loving good, launch titles are terrible 99.9999999999% of the time

Not Nintendo first-party launch titles.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Are you serious dude? You think the Switch needed to launch with Zelda and Mario Kart and Splatoon and Mario and Fire Emblem Warriors and Mario+Rabbids?

Needed? No. Would be pretty amazing if it had, though.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sony is so stupid. Imagine if they had waited to release the PS3 until November 2010. They would've had the best launch lineup ever!

• Locked thread