Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

run on legal weed dems, just do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

ThndrShk2k posted:

The most embarrassing part of the whole meme was she's terrible on the debate floor.

I kind of had an inkling when Trump kept bringing up labor and jobs and economic poo poo that Clinton "didn't fix" ... and Clinton didn't have a response.

Like, Trump made a fool of himself regardless because he's a sexual predator and he's senile and he watches a lot of Fox News, but like, for however "wonkish" Clinton was supposed to be, she didn't have very many policy answers even for the people willing to listen to that sort of thing.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Concerned Citizen posted:

it actually does not
Then it's inaccurate data as your infographics add up to 100%

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

ThndrShk2k posted:

Then it's inaccurate data as your infographics add up to 100%

well you can't actually vote for 'no confidence' except in like nv

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Office Pig posted:

we're talking about a gradual increase in the likelihood of someone experiencing nuclear incineration and they're trotting out the economy like they did with healthcare

jesus god gently caress
Well you have a job and buy food right? Computers? They're part of the economy, checkmate. :smug:

I believe in this context it's more of a large economy in small area has a high population density for loss and also effects for the rest of the nation due to instability.

Good thing Texas is in another tech boom.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my wife is reading me the menu for the cheetos restaurant line by line against my will and I lust for death. America is hell

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

well you can't actually vote for 'no confidence' except in like nv
You can still leave the presidential fields blank and still be counted in many states.

Unlike an overvote, a ballot will not be canceled or disqualified as the result of an undervote.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.4d44de44d9b1

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

ThndrShk2k posted:

You can still leave the presidential fields blank and still be counted in many states.

Unlike an overvote, a ballot will not be canceled or disqualified as the result of an undervote.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.4d44de44d9b1

well the rest of the ballot is counted, not the presidential bit

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
anyway i guess i'm not really sure how the exits handled someone saying "i'm not voting in presidential election." whether it counts as "other" or if it's just simply skipped

Significant Ant
Jun 14, 2017

by R. Guyovich

gradenko_2000 posted:

I kind of had an inkling when Trump kept bringing up labor and jobs and economic poo poo that Clinton "didn't fix" ... and Clinton didn't have a response.

Like, Trump made a fool of himself regardless because he's a sexual predator and he's senile and he watches a lot of Fox News, but like, for however "wonkish" Clinton was supposed to be, she didn't have very many policy answers even for the people willing to listen to that sort of thing.

She could barely hide her contempt for anyone who didn’t live in NYC

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Normally what a Hive brings to mind is something something you don't want in your house and you won't be rid of until you gas the broodmother.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Let's name our cult of personality after an insect that's dying in droves.

Rand alPaul has issued a correction as of 09:31 on Aug 9, 2017

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

whole lot of people strung out in the K-Hive :tinfoil:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
good news is that the K-Hive will go the way of K-Mart.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
LIVE FOR THE SWARM

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
keep kalm and khive on

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
https://twitter.com/GatsbyGirl/status/895068359607410692

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Ace of Baes posted:

keep kalm and khive on

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/simonbooks/status/890600466228367362

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

gradenko_2000 posted:

~joy ann Reid voice~
she had positions clearly marked on her website. I’m tired of white men asking women to keep explaining themselves. it is all on the website.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

It's not her job to educate you on her agenda.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Things won’t go your way unless you make them,
Things won’t go your way unless you find the strength,
I will go away unless you want me to stay,
I will go away unless you find the strength to say.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

quote:

Now free from the constraints of running, Hillary takes you inside the intense personal experience of becoming the first woman nominated for president by a major party in an election marked by rage, sexism, exhilarating highs and infuriating lows, stranger-than-fiction twists, Russian interference, and an opponent who broke all the rules. This is her most personal memoir yet.

In these pages, she describes what it was like to run against Donald Trump, the mistakes she made, how she has coped with a shocking and devastating loss, and how she found the strength to pick herself back up afterwards. With humor and candor, she tells readers what it took to get back on her feet—the rituals, relationships, and reading that got her through, and what the experience has taught her about life. She speaks about the challenges of being a strong woman in the public eye, the criticism over her voice, age, and appearance, and the double standard confronting women in politics.

She lays out how the 2016 election was marked by an unprecedented assault on our democracy by a foreign adversary. By analyzing the evidence and connecting the dots, Hillary shows just how dangerous the forces were that shaped the outcome, and why Americans need to understand them to protect our values and our democracy in the future.

The election of 2016 was unprecedented and historic. What Happened is the story of that campaign and its aftermath—both a deeply intimate account and a cautionary tale for the nation.
lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjUOlELv7ck

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

you know what? this is good. it's a stance that is immediate, impactful, and improves the lives of the voters.

as much stick as I give dems (and it's not like it's unearned), I will give people their due for actually doing Good Things.

but the fucker better actually follow through on this or else imma start making GBS threads on him twice as hard.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU06-3mPH1I

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

also everyone knows that every third party vote should be the rightful property of the democratic party

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the democratic party should be fighting tooth and nail to make the ballot requirements for 3rd parties even more onerous in all 50 states. based on the democratic theories of why they lost in 2000 and 2016, this should surely give the democrats the winning strategy they crave especially when combined with demographics are destiny

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Sing a song we will recite
Worked so long to build your life
But it could feel so wrong to feel alright
When the world might not live through the night

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

google imagse isnt giving me anyhthing on khive but it did return a hit on The Mooch :confused:

the mooch strikes again :mmmhmm:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Weird it's not like Bibi to spill blood to distract from his political scandals.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Iron Twinkie posted:

First Trump forced Obama to do nothing while protestors where beaten, attacked by dogs, and brutalized for trying to protect water on their own land and now this? Seriously wasn't DAPL was like, what, 10 months ago? I know there's the old saying that we live in the United States of Amnesia but is that really true anymore? People are still pissed about Iraq and they are REAL pissed about all the 2008 crash.

The irony of the DAPL protest was them making GBS threads did more to poison the water than DAPL did.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

there just aren't that many paulites. most people just don't know that much about the 3rd party candidates beyond the big issues they tout, and in the case of johnson the only thing he talked about was weed and war. for a particular segment of voters who cared the most about those two issues, he was their candidate because clinton was quite frankly not very good on those at all. stein often wasn't even on the ballot in many states, or voters had no idea who she was while johnson had been around for awhile.

there's like a million points of data on this, but basically the idea that libertarians take mostly from the gop has never really been correct on presidential level - johnson in particular has always focused his campaigns on trying to win young voters rather than older ones. he has never really seriously tried to be president, he mainly talks about weed and war because he wants to peel off young voters and introduce them to libertarianism. even down the ballot, in my own campaign last year with a libertarian on the ballot, our polling consistently showed us doing worse in the 3-way vs. the head-to-head.

If true it seems like it ought to be concerning that if given the opportunity so many voters that would vote for the Democrats if the only choices were them or the Republicans would rather vote for a party that's completely opposed to them on more or less every issue.

If only there was some way for the Democrats to ensure they win the votes of people who are anti-war or pro-weed.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

got any sevens posted:

wtf dont shock the doggie

In the experiment eventually the dog doesn't even try to avoid the shock anymore and just folds and accepts it.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

haha when looking at the url directly on twitter my adblocker removes the entire tweet itself so I only see the replies.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

Clinton's economic plan was that she was really smart and would have all the best and brightest working for her and they would be the best managers. It was wonkish because she had the approval of the people who decide when things are smart and everyone said it was wonkish.

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 15:08 on Aug 9, 2017

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

comedyblissoption posted:

the democratic party should be fighting tooth and nail to make the ballot requirements for 3rd parties even more onerous in all 50 states. based on the democratic theories of why they lost in 2000 and 2016, this should surely give the democrats the winning strategy they crave especially when combined with demographics are destiny
They should push for Ranked Choice at the very least.

ThndrShk2k has issued a correction as of 15:25 on Aug 9, 2017

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

ThndrShk2k posted:

They should pushed for Ranked Choice at the very least.

I definitely see a system designed to allow everyone's 2nd choice to advance won't lead to more Hillary Clintons

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

zegermans posted:

I definitely see a system designed to allow everyone's 2nd choice to advance won't lead to more Hillary Clintons
Only if the 1st choice has the lowest amount of votes and gets eliminated.
Then the 2nd choice until the same
Until there are no more eliminations

Even though it's still FPTP it's better than plain FPTP

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

zegermans posted:

The irony of the DAPL protest was them making GBS threads did more to poison the water than DAPL did.

shut up fishmech

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

ThndrShk2k posted:

Only if the 1st choice has the lowest amount of votes and gets eliminated.
Then the 2nd choice until the same
Until there are no more eliminations

Even though it's still FPTP it's better than plain FPTP

what about chocolate fptp

• Locked thread