Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

2am EST, I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

For some reason keke didn't get the memo that EST is the only true time zone.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I T2'd Lash AND bought his uni :twisted:

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

C. Everett Koop posted:

I T2'd Lash AND bought his uni :twisted:

You sweet summer child.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

All systems are go!

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Holy moly, Thanos costume is 1500 crystals on sale.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

YONDU FUCKIN OWNS

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

oh my god the new yondu

even the new spider gwen is loving good

all these uniforms rule

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Tom Gorman posted:

oh my god the new yondu

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Is KK's good? I'm not sure how I feel about paywall characters needing to buy upgrades, particularly this soon (Carnage/Hypeman would have felt less weird).

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

New Thanos uniform is real good. He's now the first character I have who can autoplay 12-8, and he's still level 57 with a mediocre obelisk. All his skills now have immunity or an iframe or both and his heal/passive immunity is much more reliable. He just doesn't die. I think he's now easily #1 most unkillable character in the game right now.

fart simpson fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Aug 9, 2017

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I bought the KK uniform but it looks like I'll be buying the others as well. :homebrew:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

:lol: World Boss Ultimate clears are now a potential requirement for the daily challenge crystals

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

fart simpson posted:

:lol: World Boss Ultimate clears are now a potential requirement for the daily challenge crystals

Wbi clears.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Also new Thanos uniform gives the mythical 20% upgrade bonus by default unless that's a UI bug. But given the price it's probably intentional.

Then it increases with upgrades after that. Goddamn.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Tom Gorman posted:

Also new Thanos uniform gives the mythical 20% upgrade bonus by default unless that's a UI bug. But given the price it's probably intentional.

Then it increases with upgrades after that. Goddamn.

Goes up to 35% :awesome:

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Titania has a healthy rear end.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

If you thought this week's Wolverine vs Wolverine timeline battles were bad, just wait for costumed Thanos vs costumed Thanos next week

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
Tracking seems busted. Got zeros bios.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Doctor_Acula posted:

Tracking seems busted. Got zeros bios.

Maybe you just suck rear end

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

MarcusSA posted:

Wbi clears.

They're random.

This of course means there's a bunch of ways you can not get your 25 daily crystals now, which is making me pretty annoyed. I counted out when I'd finally hit 6600 before the patch, and now I'm already at least one day behind. Technically the weekly could get it back (next week; there's not enough days to get it before this reset), but that would require not getting any whammies for the next couple weeks after getting one day one.

Obviously I could fix this for $3, but this is the sort of thing that has me less inclined to do so, even though that purchase itself hasn't lost any value.

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

Wow, that Ultimate world boss clear requirement. I was about to complain about one of my dailies being 'clear alliance battle normal mode' because frankly I can't even do that reliably. Having the dailies no longer be something everyone can do seems greedy and foolish on the part of the devs. Oh well, I think I'll T2 Rogue since I'm a day away from that anyways. Maybe something wonderful will happen when I check back in a few months.

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS

AzraelNewtype posted:

They're random.

This of course means there's a bunch of ways you can not get your 25 daily crystals now, which is making me pretty annoyed. I counted out when I'd finally hit 6600 before the patch, and now I'm already at least one day behind. Technically the weekly could get it back (next week; there's not enough days to get it before this reset), but that would require not getting any whammies for the next couple weeks after getting one day one.

Obviously I could fix this for $3, but this is the sort of thing that has me less inclined to do so, even though that purchase itself hasn't lost any value.

Yeah. Honestly, as many things as there are to like about this game, I'm getting super fed up with how scummy and greedy some of the poo poo Netmarble does is. Locking Magneto behind a 3 month nearly $30 grind is ridiculous. poo poo like that is also getting a lot more annoying now that with the recent updates, I'm also getting harassed to buy their stupid overpriced package bullshit. You would think after buying monthly subscriptions for something like half a year, which probably equates to buying a retail game, I'd have earned the courtesy of being able to play the game without being blitzkrieged by interstitial ads to buy more poo poo every time I change a loving menu.

I don't really mind paying $12 a month here and there when I know it probably helps fund the design of new content that is interesting and fun, but the rest of their offers are absurd to the point of being obnoxious.

Nails fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Aug 9, 2017

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Blorknorg posted:

I was about to complain about one of my dailies being 'clear alliance battle normal mode' because frankly I can't even do that reliably.

Oh hey, that's exactly the one I failed! I can clear most days, and probably even Female day if I think about it correctly, but I didn't take Floki because Floki is slow and boring and I didn't read that it said "clear" so I didn't think it'd matter. I mean, that's on me, but I don't like that it was even a possibility.

Also, I had a World Boss clear, which is cake at my level (the only reason I'm not at least 32/35 any given week is laziness), but makes for two pretty guaranteed failures for anybody relatively new. poo poo, also had Villain Siege: Hard, which isn't trivial for new rosters. As it stands, the less you need the free currency (because you've spent plenty over time to bulk up), the more easily you can unlock it. That doesn't seem right. Well, it does if your goal is to convince people early on that they must drop copious :10bux: to get anywhere, in the hopes that when they need it less they're already in the habit, but that's the other kind of "not right".

Also, I think the energy rewards for most of the common tasks are lower than they used to be, and the 6/18 clear unlocks don't actually make up for the difference. I'm getting less enthused the more I think about it.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
So, who of these new people do I T2 first, or should I just wait with them 'till I've T2ed Lash?

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

I wasted 8 5* energy attack urus because I mistook them for crit damage urus :negative:

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

drat. I had no plans to have a viable Thanos anytime soon and now this costume is making me all kinds of jelly.

Also got absorbing man in my daily chest. What's the math on the event tokens? Worth it to just dump into one or split evenly?

I'm okay with rotating daily missions and potentially not being able to get the 25 crystals everyday. People seem to have a problem when the game puts up any type of barrier after an update. It does suck though that they didn't carry over progress / missions from yesterday.

Everytime I say I'm going to save crystals these costumes pull me back in. What about Gwen's make it's so good?

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

Mined SL data is out: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1F3jfkXHQkjy3mHNxw9oIuUZR2WZ4R8WOr56-UK6VWfU/edit?usp=sharing

Looks potentially quite a bit harder, they've added a bunch of the newer characters as enemies (i.e. Dormammu) and the fixed stages are more spread out (15, 25, 27, 29, 30).

New first time clear rewards are uniform upgrade tickets.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Vodos posted:

I wasted 8 5* energy attack urus because I mistook them for crit damage urus :negative:

Owned.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

The Dave posted:

drat. I had no plans to have a viable Thanos anytime soon and now this costume is making me all kinds of jelly.

Also got absorbing man in my daily chest. What's the math on the event tokens? Worth it to just dump into one or split evenly?

I'm okay with rotating daily missions and potentially not being able to get the 25 crystals everyday. People seem to have a problem when the game puts up any type of barrier after an update. It does suck though that they didn't carry over progress / missions from yesterday.

Everytime I say I'm going to save crystals these costumes pull me back in. What about Gwen's make it's so good?

My Thanos is only level 58 now but I got the costume and tried it out a bunch today and I have the feeling he might be the new King poo poo of PVP Mountain with Jean Grey as his Queen

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
My biggest bitch about the update is having to re-uru my guys and that the 4th gear is one roll (i.e. No half and half scd/defpen). The KK costume looks decent enough, will have to see if spidey 2099 usurps him as king of speed abx

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Snapped up the Thanos uni but I'm on the cusp of getting Jean so I dunno if I should put all my extra bios into his mouth or wait a week or two for her instead. Probably save them for now. Yondu I grabbed even though the uniform bonus itself is poo-poo because of sunk cost fallacy -- I already have him at T2 so I might as well make him more useful.

Is Gwen's okay? Probably gonna skip it. The fact that both Gwen's costumes are just hoodie-down versions is sort of hilarious. I have her 420ed but I'm not sure if she's quite T2-ticket worthy.

The only problem with unequipping uru is that now I have a small pile of 5* energy attacks staring at me and begging to be upgraded but I know they're all gonna fail.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

NmareBfly posted:

Is Gwen's okay? Probably gonna skip it. The fact that both Gwen's costumes are just hoodie-down versions is sort of hilarious.

theres two gwens, gwen poole and gwen stacy. this one is for gwen stacy.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

also the yondu stume gives him the best skill in the game, rainbow ravager disco strike, which shoots colourful laser beams all over the place

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

punchymcpunch posted:

theres two gwens, gwen poole and gwen stacy. this one is for gwen stacy.

sorry i should have said both gwens'

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I bought the gwen costume because I have no will power, also might need extra firepower with new Shadowlands.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

I've finished redistributing my urus but I have a set of physical attack left over... I must have hosed up somewhere :negative:

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

This is pretty bullshit especially if it lands on iThanos or Sugoi. I have no idea who thought it'd be a good idea since they're hurting new players the most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Not gonna lie, this update is not tempting me to come back

Daily changes seem lovely. Another horribly grind happy character is getting another op as gently caress costume to make pvp even more of a grind to even do 10 a day
I would really like to see love given to some old characters or just a general tone down of the blatant spike between different characters power levels. There should be some tier but when it's basically garbage or God, strikes me as odd