Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'll just keep playing II and Alpha 2 on fightcade no matter what they do probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Commissar Ken posted:

All that did was make me wanna play XvsSF again.

fightcade tonight? pm me

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Zand posted:

fightcade tonight? pm me

I'm garbo, but yes.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I forgot if it was posted here, but the EVO panel on GGPO is a good watch if you're interested in learning how rollback netcode works (and doesn't work)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9JTIn1SVQ4

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Sade posted:

It's the most obvious thing in the world,if you think about it. I can't believe there hasn't been a saiyan girl that became a big titty super saiyan before.

we really live in an enlightened age

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Sade posted:

It's the most obvious thing in the world,if you think about it. I can't believe there hasn't been a saiyan girl that became a big titty super saiyan before.

God bless. Amen.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Smoking Crow posted:

I'd rather have a good street fighter instead

Tekken X Street Fighter will probably be good.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
lol that video got taken down off streamable. dude. its forever on the internet. also he stole footage from another copyright holder.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
That streamable link is down now, what was it?

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Night Blade posted:

Tekken X Street Fighter will probably be good.

ahahahahaha you think that game is coming out

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Lord Chumley posted:

ahahahahaha you think that game is coming out

Isn't there a contract that says it has to? Like the one Capcom and SNK had?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
If there is it's an extremely generous contracts because Namco hasn't done poo poo.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

MrJacobs posted:

Isn't there a contract that says it has to? Like the one Capcom and SNK had?

They did deliver, and it's called Akuma on Tekken 7.

Akuma plays so well in the transformation from 2D to 3D. So much so that I can't wait for the Geese Howard DLC.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

There was some quote a while back that txsf was done but because it was delayed after sfxt was bad it was completed too close to t7 so namco put it on ice and is looking for the right time to release.

Its never coming out though

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Allen loving Snyder, aw yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs6wqV4_nhg

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Whens d dark?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

I got a Dark D for you right here

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Captain Baal posted:

I got a Dark D for you right here

Is it "explosive"

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Where's loving C Jack

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Fargin Icehole posted:

Akuma plays so well in the transformation from 2D to 3D. So much so that I can't wait for the Geese Howard DLC.

Akuma knows what's up. He went to be a part of a better game, leaving his retarded hyper-neckbearded twin to play his part in SFV.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

My local monthly got more entrants for Hokuto No Ken, UNIST, Super Turbo, Tekken 7 , SF4 and Xrd than it did for SFV.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Smoking Crow posted:

Where's loving C Jack

They probably are going to have the whole cast by release. I hope the game is good and sells a shitload to send a message to Capcom but it'll probably be pretty niche.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Spuckuk posted:

My local monthly got more entrants for Hokuto No Ken, UNIST, Super Turbo, Tekken 7 , SF4 and Xrd than it did for SFV.

combined or individually?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

The Dave posted:

They probably are going to have the whole cast by release. I hope the game is good and sells a shitload to send a message to Capcom but it'll probably be pretty niche.
Arika apparently fully expect to lose money on EX, but they're still going ahead because they really want to make a fighting game again. Hopefully they end up defying their own expectations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Most of them aren't very memorable but I hope they dredge up some Fighting Layer characters.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's so weird that it doesn't have a name yet

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Most of them aren't very memorable
ahem

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Arika said this will ship with 10 characters so I'm guessing we have like 5 left, Cracker Jack and Doctrine Dark will absolutely be in there. DDark could use a visual update along the lines of what Snyder got.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Daigo was streaming the new Arika game last night. The gem system looks like utter bullshit, but the fun kind of bullshit where every character can do ridiculous stuff

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

CharlestonJew posted:

Daigo was streaming the new Arika game last night. The gem system looks like utter bullshit, but the fun kind of bullshit where every character can do ridiculous stuff

Some of the gems are definitely imbalanced - having unlimited super armor makes it so that everything you do is safe on block, and everything the opponent does is risky. And also there are some supers that are invuln AND safe on block, so when you have the infinite meter you can basically just spam super forever.

That being said I hope they are able to maintain the feel of becoming a ridiculous overpowered god while making things a little bit more sane.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I have faith in the GOUGIsystem

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

That name makes me think of bulgogi and gets my korean food hankering going

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

In Training posted:

It's so weird that it doesn't have a name yet

My crazy theory is the reason why there isnt a name yet is because the last reveal trailer will have Ryu, Ken, Guile and Sakura and it will be revealed as Street Fighter EX4

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Fargin Icehole posted:

Haven't played Tekken yet, but as soon as I can play Geese I'm all over this game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Smoking Crow posted:

My crazy theory is the reason why there isnt a name yet is because the last reveal trailer will have Ryu, Ken, Guile and Sakura and it will be revealed as Street Fighter EX4

Bison too

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Crazier theory, it's SSFV.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Spuckuk posted:

That's a drat good local line-up.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Smoking Crow posted:

I think they've come out and said the name is finalized but are still in the process of securing rights to the name in Japan, everywhere outside of Japan, they are already covered.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
mediocre news everyone: there's another free Fantasy Strike weekend coming up this weekend.

actually bad news everyone: they're experimenting with a Throw button instead of ST-style throws. i'll give it a whirl but i'm expecting to dislike it and i hope enough people say it sucks if it does that he removes it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The Dave posted:

Crazier theory, it's SSFV.

that'd be funny because I honestly think this Arika game looks better than SFV graphically