Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
I feel like I might be being too harsh on VA but there really are some compromises you're making due to that crazy black response time and at a minimum you should go into it knowing what you're getting. I just feel like a lot of times they're discussed as "basically IPS but cheaper!" and that's totally not the case. IPS is moderately more expensive but has way less compromises.

If the Korean knockoff IPS/AHVA/PLS panels were juuuust a little cheaper they would be a home run versus VA, because as much as you're making some compromises I'd still take crappy IPS over good VA any day. For that matter I'd probably even go with TN before I went with VA, unless it was an ultrawide.

(and for the context of this discussion, AHVA is not VA, AHVA and PLS are both IPS-type panels)

It's a shame that the monitor in AMD's Vega Bundle is super lovely even for VA and has a terrible FreeSync implementation, because on paper a 34" 1440p monitor for $500 sounds great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knockout
Apr 27, 2014

my reputation's never been worse, so

Rexxed posted:

Another Dell 27" with a similar case will probably be your best bet, for example:
https://smile.amazon.com/Dell-SE2717HX-RVJXC-Full-Monitor/dp/B01LXTK4T6/

Thanks for the suggestion. I did a bad job of describing my ask - I want the second monitor to be in portrait (rotated 90-degrees) and be as close to flush as possible with the height of the Dell S2716DG in landscape. I keep my S2716DG at the highest height. I could just break out the measuring tape and compare to the height specs on the manufacturer website but I was hoping someone out there had a similar setup and could save me some time with the tape measure.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Lindsay Lohan posted:

Thanks for the suggestion. I did a bad job of describing my ask - I want the second monitor to be in portrait (rotated 90-degrees) and be as close to flush as possible with the height of the Dell S2716DG in landscape. I keep my S2716DG at the highest height. I could just break out the measuring tape and compare to the height specs on the manufacturer website but I was hoping someone out there had a similar setup and could save me some time with the tape measure.

Closest you're going to get for that is a 21.5" monitor. Look into the Dell P2217H.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
gently caress, I was thinking of running over to Microcenter and getting an X34 but they're no longer running the $1000 - $100 student discount deal. Debated too long and missed the deal :smith:

knockout
Apr 27, 2014

my reputation's never been worse, so

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Closest you're going to get for that is a 21.5" monitor. Look into the Dell P2217H.

Awesome. Thank you very much!

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
So I received the Acer K2 Series K272HUL today and here are some super quick impressions:

1. The added height feels much better web browsing compared to my 21:9. Which feels very cramped sitting next to it now.
2. The panel quality is worse than my LG ultrawide even after tweaking it despite also being IPS.
3. It can however like my ultrawide be overclocked successfully to 75Hz. I haven't tested higher.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Nm

Google Butt fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Aug 4, 2017

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness

Google Butt posted:

My buddy is looking for a budget $200-300 ips 27" 1440 display, are the Korean ebay offerings still worth it?

Only if you're also chasing >75Hz and also willing to give up any warranty and also have a spare DVI-DL port and also are unwilling to wait/check around for a refurb/used sale on a better monitor. If yes to all of that, then sure, they're still decent monitors.

Otherwise, there are probably better options, especially since the Korean specials have tended to creep up to $300. If you don't need high-Hz, you can get legit 27" 1440p IPS monitors from real companies for $350, and down into the $250 range on sale.

If you do want high-Hz, you can get 144Hz FreeSync ones new for $500, refurbed in the $350-$400 range, and GSync ones as refurbs in the $450 range.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Hey, thread. Quick question since I haven't really kept up on monitors since the great 1080 vs 1200 debate. is this LG 4k IPS panel worth looking at? I made the mistake of wandering into a 4k section at Fry's and now I kinda want one, and that LG is much bigger than the equivalently priced panel they had, so...

I do game, but not nearly as much as I once did, so honestly I would be getting it for video-watching and screen real estate purposes. I have a GTX970, so I think I can run most of the stuff I play at 4k as long as I'm not fussed about framerate and the fancypants graphics options (and I'm not).

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

OhFunny posted:

So I received the Acer K2 Series K272HUL today and here are some super quick impressions:

1. The added height feels much better web browsing compared to my 21:9. Which feels very cramped sitting next to it now.
2. The panel quality is worse than my LG ultrawide even after tweaking it despite also being IPS.
3. It can however like my ultrawide be overclocked successfully to 75Hz. I haven't tested higher.

I just picked up a couple of these a week ago and am blown away by them. I'm coming from an 13-year old Dell though, so anything was going to be an upgrade. Still, they are nearly everything I want.

What are you using for settings? I'm curious how other people have them calibrated. My main thing so far has been cranking down the brightness.

I haven't tried overclocking them yet, but I read somewhere that it only works over the DVI port. Kind of a bummer when you have dual monitors and my video card only has one DVI output.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

DrDork posted:

Only if you're also chasing >75Hz and also willing to give up any warranty and also have a spare DVI-DL port

I would not recommend buying one of these with the intent of overclocking at this point. Passive HDMI or DP++ to DVI adapters are single link only and active DP to DVI-DL adapters don't support overclocking, so they will only work to their full capability with a native DVI port.

AMD's reference designs haven't had a DVI port since the RX 480s and nVidia has followed suit on 1080ti and Titan Xp. At this point I'd put it at about 50/50 whether Volta x70/x80 have it. If nVidia drops it I'd expect at least some AIB vendors to still offer it for at least this generation and probably next, but the native DVI port's days are numbered. Buying something where one of the key features depends on a dying port is not a good idea.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

The Grey posted:

I just picked up a couple of these a week ago and am blown away by them. I'm coming from an 13-year old Dell though, so anything was going to be an upgrade. Still, they are nearly everything I want.

What are you using for settings? I'm curious how other people have them calibrated. My main thing so far has been cranking down the brightness.

I haven't tried overclocking them yet, but I read somewhere that it only works over the DVI port. Kind of a bummer when you have dual monitors and my video card only has one DVI output.

I don't think the DVI thing is true. I have it overclocked over the HDMI port. Did the whole picture test and everything is as it should be.

It's funny my father looked at the Acer and the LG side by side and said the Acer looks better to him. I've dropped brightness to 74, Contrast 50, Color Temp. Warm, Gamma 2.2, Super Sharpness off, sRPG off.

edit: I've looked at the info packet that came with the monitor and officially DVI/HDMI support 60 Hz and DisplayPort supports 75 Hz.

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Aug 5, 2017

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Welp, the Predator is here. It's nice, I guess? I think I own the Witcher 3; I should probably fire it up on here.

Is the 24Hz setting for watching movies? Of course it is, why am I asking, but does it seem to have a major effect for anyone else? I think I can notice a difference but it might just be imagined.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Wulfolme posted:

Welp, the Predator is here. It's nice, I guess? I think I own the Witcher 3; I should probably fire it up on here.

Is the 24Hz setting for watching movies? Of course it is, why am I asking, but does it seem to have a major effect for anyone else? I think I can notice a difference but it might just be imagined.
Refresh rate mostly matters when a human is interacting with the screen through an input device. It's otherwise not very perceptible unless you're going out of your way to look for it or setting it low, like at 24.

I'd argue that 24Hz is straight garbage even for watching movies. Movie theaters play(ed) 24fps movies at 48Hz. 144 is also a multiple of 24. Due to vsync 24 might be fine on a monitor though. I don't really know.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Aug 6, 2017

SpicyUnagi
Jun 18, 2012
I just want a 60hz, IPS, 32", 4k monitor that isn't poo poo, and has a g-sync chip. Do these even exist, or are they all minimum 120hz panels?

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

SpicyUnagi posted:

I just want a 60hz, IPS, 32", 4k monitor that isn't poo poo, and has a g-sync chip. Do these even exist, or are they all minimum 120hz panels?

The Acer XB321HK fits the ticket, but be prepared to pay for the niche.

SpicyUnagi
Jun 18, 2012

BurritoJustice posted:

The Acer XB321HK fits the ticket, but be prepared to pay for the niche.

http://acerrecertified.com/acer-xb321hk-bmiphz-32-lcd-ips-display-monitor-16-9-4k-uhd-3840-x-2160-4-ms/

They still have refurbs at not the absurd price. Decisions, decisions...

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
Microcenter appears to have stopped advertising it but the X34 is still $1000 when you put it in your cart. I can get a XR382CQK for basically the same price ($1000), but I'm on GSync and I'm not sure I want to shuffle my gear. Or I could wait for a GSync version - the danger being that my monitor is getting flakier and flakier (although I do have a spare non-GSync 27" monitor) and there's no specific indications that this monitor is even in the works, apart from the fact that the FreeSync version obviously exists. Also, $1000 is really about as much as I want to spend on this anyway - if the hypothetical 38" GSync version was $1200-1300 then fine, I'd suck it up and pay it, but $1500 is really the absolute max I'd shell out even for a super premium monitor.

So: (a) buy the X34, (b) buy the XR382CQK and shuffle gear, or (c) hang in there a little longer? I'm leaning real strongly to just driving down to Microcenter tomorrow and getting the X34, but with my luck that will basically guarantee that a GSync version launches immediately after my 2-week return window ends.

Any previous examples that might guide me on potential wait-times between FreeSync versions and GSync versions? I assume NVIDIA might want to do some approval process too, but the FreeSync version has been out for a couple months now and I haven't read any rumors about a GSync version.

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness

Paul MaudDib posted:

Any previous examples that might guide me on potential wait-times between FreeSync versions and GSync versions? I assume NVIDIA might want to do some approval process too, but the FreeSync version has been out for a couple months now and I haven't read any rumors about a GSync version.

It seems a complete crapshoot. If anything, the GSync version of several monitors came out first, with a FreeSync one released a bit later. And while many monitors do get both versions, not all ever do--or there are other differences besides just the flavor of *sync (generally in GSyncs favor, and generally also bumping the GSync version price even higher).

As with all computer hardware, if you know there's something that'll meet your needs, you're better off just getting it, rather than playing the "but there's this other thing that might be out in a few months!" game.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
All the 34"+ ultrawide monitor announcements that have shown up for months have been VA panels, so unless you're real keen on that 200 Hz+ rate and don't mind the gray-to-gray times it's fairly safe to go for an X34 at present still. I live within 30 minutes of two different Microcenters (and am not in the NY/NJ area either) and have noticed that the website keeps listing it at $1300 but when you go to the store it's always $1000 through some strange special they have running.

144 Hz IPS displays at 3440x1440 have been delayed to Q3 2017 so unless you really want to go at a refresh rate that can make DisplayPort 1.3 cry for mercy an X34 at 100 Hz overclocked should be a solid buy for a year-ish if you're in that market. The X34P monitor seems to have quietly dropped from release completely.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Is there any reason why I shouldn't buy an LG 32UD99-W? It seems like a pretty nice monitor even if 1400 AUD is a teensy bit expensive.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

The Lord Bude posted:

Is there any reason why I shouldn't buy an LG 32UD99-W? It seems like a pretty nice monitor even if 1400 AUD is a teensy bit expensive.
I’ve had my eye on it for months, and the feedback seems to be that the specs don’t add up for a monitor that claims to be HDR. Are there actually reviews of it yet? Last I checked it’s still unavailable after months of delays.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

I’ve had my eye on it for months, and the feedback seems to be that the specs don’t add up for a monitor that claims to be HDR. Are there actually reviews of it yet? Last I checked it’s still unavailable after months of delays.

It's available in Australia (though the only place I've seen that has it is PCCasegear - their stock arrived yesterday). I've been doing a daily google search for the past week but I haven't seen a single review of it.

What would be my other monitor options?

Context:

I've decided that my next IT setup would be as follows:

Upgrade the GPU on my gaming rig when volta comes out. Keep my gaming rig just for gaming.

Buy a macbook pro as my 'main' general purpose computer.

Connect both to the same monitor, and just switch inputs when I want to game; or possibly even set up steam in home streaming.

So I want a monitor that:

Is 16:9 or 16:10 aspect ratio

is at least 4k resolution

is 27" or bigger

is MOST DEFINITELY NOT curved.

is of a screen quality as close as possible to, or exceeding a 27" imac - I was tossing up just ditching the pc and getting an imac + eGPU; but going the dual computer route is cheaper and less prone to gaming peculiarities. Having a really amazing screen is part of the Mac experience though so I want to make sure I'm not selling myself short in the screen quality department.

I guess ideally it would have USB-C input, so I don't have to deal with dongles.

I also like the fact that the LG monitor has a nice metal design that looks classy and matches with Apple's design aesthetic more than most monitors do but this is a lesser requirement that I don't mind ditching.

Gsync would be nice for gaming but it's not a high priority, and I'm not going to buy an inferior monitor just for the Gsync.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
If Mac design is what you're after, how about a Dell UP2715K that's the same panel as the 5K Retina iMac? Connectivity's a bit PC-oriented though, so you'll have to dongle:

quote:

Connectivity

1 Mini DisplayPort
2 DisplayPort (DP1, DP2)
5 USB 3.0 ports - Downstream (4 at the back, 1 with battery charging)
1 USB 3.0 port - Upstream
1 Media Card Reader

E: Be advised, 5120x2880 @ 60Hz is a lot of bandwidth and you'll need to be careful as to which MacBook Pro you pick and how you connect it

E: Alternatively you can just run the monitor at 4K and it's been reported that it still looks great this way

Sidesaddle Cavalry fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Aug 9, 2017

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

If Mac design is what you're after, how about a Dell UP2715K that's the same panel as the 5K Retina iMac? Connectivity's a bit PC-oriented though, so you'll have to dongle:

E: Be advised, 5120x2880 @ 60Hz is a lot of bandwidth and you'll need to be careful as to which MacBook Pro you pick and how you connect it

E: Alternatively you can just run the monitor at 4K and it's been reported that it still looks great this way

That seems to be a discontinued product? Dell's site says it isn't available any more, I can't find it locally in Australia. There's only one seller on amazon who has a new one and it's $2300 US before shipping, even if I wanted to trust a random amazon shipper. I really don't want to ship something from overseas if I can avoid it - on a big ticket item like this I want to make absolutely certain I'm protected under Australian consumer law so that I can get a refund if it dies in 3 or 4 years, or if I find it has a dead pixel (and make whoever I bought it from pay for the shipping).

There is a 27" 4K dell monitor listed on the Dell website, with HDR; but it costs 2800 AUD. I'm definitely not willing to pay that much.

That LG 5k display that apple sells costs $1800, but I've heard it has weird shielding issues? and it only has a single TB3 input as far as I can tell, so it wouldn't work.

The Lord Bude fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Aug 9, 2017

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Are you sure you don't want curved? I only ask because while most people don't like curved tvs, I think the general consensus is that it's fine-to-required on larger (30"+ - ish) PC monitors because of the difference in seating positions.

I mean you might know about that and you still don't want curved, but just in case you didn't know...

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I've been toying with the idea of getting this Acer ET430k and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with it?

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-ET430K-LED-LCD-Monitor/dp/B072BL5QK4

Not doing a whole lot of gaming, mostly just browsing the web and watching videos.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Thermopyle posted:

Are you sure you don't want curved? I only ask because while most people don't like curved tvs, I think the general consensus is that it's fine-to-required on larger (30"+ - ish) PC monitors because of the difference in seating positions.

I mean you might know about that and you still don't want curved, but just in case you didn't know...

I'd sooner rip my eyeballs out. (Ok not really, but I have a deep, visceral hatred for curved screens, wherever they may be found)

In any event, I'm one of those weirdos who keeps his computer screen a good 3-4' from his head for eye health reasons, so I'd be able to comfortably look at a 32" screen without needing to turn my head or anything. My computer is also my sole tv/movie watching device (other than my iPad) so I'm frequently sitting back even further watching Netflix.

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

The Lord Bude posted:

I'd sooner rip my eyeballs out. (Ok not really, but I have a deep, visceral hatred for curved screens, wherever they may be found)

In any event, I'm one of those weirdos who keeps his computer screen a good 3-4' from his head for eye health reasons, so I'd be able to comfortably look at a 32" screen without needing to turn my head or anything. My computer is also my sole tv/movie watching device (other than my iPad) so I'm frequently sitting back even further watching Netflix.

It's a totally, totally different story with a large monitor you sit close to. At those distances you'll get some color distortion at the edges from being so off angle, and a subtle curve is that gets solved. There are monitors with xxxxxtreme curves but they aren't worth buying anyways. The good ones are curved but don't look curved when you sit in front of them.
Curved TVs can die in a garbage fire but once you get to a certain monitor size you want a curve.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

necrobobsledder posted:

All the 34"+ ultrawide monitor announcements that have shown up for months have been VA panels, so unless you're real keen on that 200 Hz+ rate and don't mind the gray-to-gray times it's fairly safe to go for an X34 at present still. I live within 30 minutes of two different Microcenters (and am not in the NY/NJ area either) and have noticed that the website keeps listing it at $1300 but when you go to the store it's always $1000 through some strange special they have running.

144 Hz IPS displays at 3440x1440 have been delayed to Q3 2017 so unless you really want to go at a refresh rate that can make DisplayPort 1.3 cry for mercy an X34 at 100 Hz overclocked should be a solid buy for a year-ish if you're in that market. The X34P monitor seems to have quietly dropped from release completely.

Both the Asus and Acer monitors have been relayed to 2018 now:

http://www.pcgamer.com/asus-and-acer-delay-feature-rich-4k-144hz-monitors-with-hdr-until-2018/

Sounds like the AU Optronics panel isn't ready for primetime. Sucks that the Gsync 21:9 panels have stayed at $1000 for like a year now.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

That's quite disappointing. I've been waiting for a decent 21:9 HDR10 monitor with at least 1440p resolution to move to a modern GSync card. I guess it'll be around the release of the 1180ti at this rate.

This 7970 is the best card I've ever had in terms of longevity - it's still going strong - but that's in part to staying at 1080p for so long.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Hi thread, I'm looking for advice towards a new screen setup. I'm currently using a Sceptre X20WG and I was using a 32" 720p JVC television as my video only monitor / second screen for guides while playing games. That's returned to being a TV and my wide desk is feeling kinda empty these days.

I'd like to make my main screen larger, around 27" and have a second portrait oriented screen that matches up size wise like this random image I found online.

For system hardware I'm running a i5-4670K and my video card is a GTX760. Dream wise I'd love the main screen to be a VESA mountable 1440 with G-Sync, but I'm not sure if that's feasible given my hardware. I'm willing to stick to TN to keep costs down, since I don't really do anything that is big on color sensitivity and I've never had a monitor that wasn't just using it's default settings. Any suggestions would be a help.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Baron Snow posted:

Hi thread, I'm looking for advice towards a new screen setup. I'm currently using a Sceptre X20WG and I was using a 32" 720p JVC television as my video only monitor / second screen for guides while playing games. That's returned to being a TV and my wide desk is feeling kinda empty these days.

I'd like to make my main screen larger, around 27" and have a second portrait oriented screen that matches up size wise like this random image I found online.

For system hardware I'm running a i5-4670K and my video card is a GTX760. Dream wise I'd love the main screen to be a VESA mountable 1440 with G-Sync, but I'm not sure if that's feasible given my hardware. I'm willing to stick to TN to keep costs down, since I don't really do anything that is big on color sensitivity and I've never had a monitor that wasn't just using it's default settings. Any suggestions would be a help.

There are not many options for what you are looking for, the Dell S2716DG fits what you want in a main monitor but you'd want to upgrade your video card for that and prices are currently completely hosed for the sort of card(1060/70) you would want to go with that monitor. The Acer XB241H is more feasible with your current card but is smaller and lower resolution. Finding a matching monitor that will fit with either of those in portrait mode will be very difficult if not impossible. For that sort of setup you need a really large main monitor, like 32" or more.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Someone else asked this - and the best fit would be a Dell 2716DG plus a Dell P2217H.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Someone else asked this - and the best fit would be a Dell 2716DG plus a Dell P2217H.

The P2217H will still protrude about 5 inches higher than the S2716DG, so it's not going to match that picture they posted.

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
Mmmm Logitech z2300 yesss

MarsellusWallace
Nov 9, 2010

Well he doesn't WANT
to look like a bitch!

Baron Snow posted:

The Logitech Z2300 stopped being produced years ago friend. Also the stereo speakers have wires just a bit too short. Can we turn this into mid-2000's 2.1 speaker setup thread?

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.

Seamonster posted:

Mmmm Logitech z2300 yesss

You can still pick these up super cheap second hand. I bought some for my girlfriend last week to replace some Bose ones she had bought before I came onto the scene. No girlfriend of mine is going to buy Bose.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I'm considering retiring my Dell U3011 after 7 years of faithful service and passing it on to my father. I guess it's a long shot, but has anybody had any experience with the Dell U3818DW? Seems like the ideal replacement for me, plus Dell have them marked down £250 at the moment with a 3-year advanced exchange warranty, which is a better deal than the equivalent LG using the same panel.

I've looked at 1440p ultrawides and conventional 4K displays, but I just know I'll kick myself in a couple of years time if I don't got for UW4K now that it's here and Dell's higher end Ultrasharps have always been (extremely) good to me.

e: probably worth adding my machine is a Mac Pro with a GTX 980 Ti, so I don't think I need to be too concerned about horsepower.

Theophany fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Aug 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
The 980Ti will struggle with gaming, but ... Mac Pro, guess you won't be doing a lot of that to start with?

It should be a very nice upgrade for you, and I'd likely go the same route in your shoes.