Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

No, not this thread, too...

I deleted my post. Save the Serious Business for the movie thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Is there serious business about this silly gay space oper... never mind.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Dedroc posted:

The Rocinate have room? Guild I'm in feels like it just putters along with one or two raids a week, wanting something with a little more activity.
Ally code is 744-487-333

Full atm, sorry. Will post here if that changes.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
This game is a pile of poop sometimes
Yesterday i lost every single squad arena and fleet arena fight, and i couldn't finish GW.
It was mostly due to freak luck as well. In one of the squad arena fights the enemy Darth Sidious literally oneshot my team with his aoe. A level 67 Sid with GL8 oneshot all my 65 dudes with GL6/7. In another one every single attack i did was dodged and every enemy attack crit, Ezra oneshot 2 dudes in a row and so did Vader. This game is ludicrously streaky at times, to the point where it feels like their RNG is bugged.
(I once got 25 Lando shards in a row in 25 cantina battles. At another time i had to spend over 200 energy to get a single piece of blue salvage for Ackbars GL4, as the item didn't drop once in ~40 attempts)

The trend in general is that my arena rankings just keep going down. I don't have the bestestest squad or anything but i should be able to get better than rank 1100 in arena, considering how much i play. I cannot believe every other person on my shard is a whale. I have done 3 energy and 3 cantina refreshes every day since i started, and even bought a few crystals to keep this habit up. I also feel i have done "everything right" by farming the recommended heroes and not waste any resources on suboptimal heroes i have a personal attachment to. Even so, my rankings have been steadily going down for a couple of weeks. Now i am at 1100 in Squad Arena and ~180 in Fleet Arena. I used to be ~400 in SqA and ~50 in ShA.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

This game is a pile of poop sometimes
Yesterday i lost every single squad arena and fleet arena fight, and i couldn't finish GW.
It was mostly due to freak luck as well. In one of the squad arena fights the enemy Darth Sidious literally oneshot my team with his aoe. A level 67 Sid with GL8 oneshot all my 65 dudes with GL6/7. In another one every single attack i did was dodged and every enemy attack crit, Ezra oneshot 2 dudes in a row and so did Vader. This game is ludicrously streaky at times, to the point where it feels like their RNG is bugged.
(I once got 25 Lando shards in a row in 25 cantina battles. At another time i had to spend over 200 energy to get a single piece of blue salvage for Ackbars GL4, as the item didn't drop once in ~40 attempts)

The trend in general is that my arena rankings just keep going down. I don't have the bestestest squad or anything but i should be able to get better than rank 1100 in arena, considering how much i play. I cannot believe every other person on my shard is a whale. I have done 3 energy and 3 cantina refreshes every day since i started, and even bought a few crystals to keep this habit up. I also feel i have done "everything right" by farming the recommended heroes and not waste any resources on suboptimal heroes i have a personal attachment to. Even so, my rankings have been steadily going down for a couple of weeks. Now i am at 1100 in Squad Arena and ~180 in Fleet Arena. I used to be ~400 in SqA and ~50 in ShA.

What's your arena team? Post you GG?

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Dedroc posted:

The Rocinate have room? Guild I'm in feels like it just putters along with one or two raids a week, wanting something with a little more activity.
Ally code is 744-487-333

I just had a bit of a purge, getting rid of all over-a-week-since-last-activity persons from my guild. Sent you an ally invite so if you want to leave Space Slugs Grunt Squad there's a few places available now at the Rocinante.

There's one spot I've been asked to save but there are about five or six available so post your codes if you want one I'll do first come first serve.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Cactus posted:

There's one spot I've been asked to save

Thank you sir. I'll post again once they leave the other guild.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I just found out they're introducing a new gear level.

THAT'S GREAT GUYS! :shepface:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I don't even know who's worth getting ready for GXII... Nihilus for sure... prolly R2... ?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Cactus posted:

I just found out they're introducing a new gear level.

THAT'S GREAT GUYS! :shepface:

I wish they would stop restricting some gear to Raids and put them in regular battles (Hard mode ones make sense), and also guarantee at least 1 piece of gear in every battle. Then guarantee 1 shard/top tier gear piece from the 3 daily hard mode battles.

But that's just me, a guy who has terrible gear.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Chilichimp posted:

I don't even know who's worth getting ready for GXII... Nihilus for sure... prolly R2... ?

Tanks.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I only even have one guy that I cannot put any more gear on (palp) but the thought of having to revisit what I feel is a "finished thing" just sucks. Even though I always knew it was coming.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Cactus posted:

I only even have one guy that I cannot put any more gear on (palp) but the thought of having to revisit what I feel is a "finished thing" just sucks. Even though I always knew it was coming.

Yeah, we all knew this was coming. We also know a level increase is coming, eventually.

I will straight quit this game if they introduce additional star levels.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Cactus posted:

There's one spot I've been asked to save

Ok, he is ready for invite. 564-545-339

Thanks again!

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Hockles posted:

Ok, he is ready for invite. 564-545-339

Thanks again!

sent.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Chilichimp posted:

What's your arena team? Post you GG?

Currently using Lando (L), Ackbar, Ezra, Bobba, Biggs

Notable heroes i have:

Lando 7*
Bobba 5*
Biggs 6*
Ezra 5*
Dooku 4*
STH 5*
Vader 4*
Phoenix Squad 5*
GMT 4*
RG 4*
Ackbar 4*
Windu 4*
Chirrut 3*

All are GL 6 with some at 7 (Dooku is even at 8)

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Aug 9, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

Notable heroes i have:

Lando 7*
Bobba 5*
Biggs 6*
Ezra 5*
Cooku 4*
STH 5*
Vader 4*
Phoenix Squad 5*
GMT 4*
RG 4*
Ackbar 4*
Windu 4*
Chirrut 3*

Oh you're just a little guy. Drop Akbar for Chirrut, drop Biggs for STH/RG. At this stage of the game you need reliable heals and tanking in Arena.

Or just run your Phoenix with Hera lead and see how well that performs.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Aug 9, 2017

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Chilichimp posted:

GK only needs one gear piece.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Mr. Neutron posted:

GK only needs one gear piece.

GK also has to be 7*, which is currently a work in progress for most goons.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

Ineptitude posted:

Notable heroes i have:

Lando 7*
Bobba 5*
Biggs 6*
Ezra 5*
Dooku 4*
STH 5*
Vader 4*
Phoenix Squad 5*
GMT 4*
RG 4*
Ackbar 4*
Windu 4*
Chirrut 3*

All are GL 6 with some at 7 (Dooku is even at 8)

I was stuck at 1000+ in arena for awhile until I got wiggs, lando, sth, and boba to g7 then I start reliably climbing. G8 just increased the speed of the climb.

But also gently caress g8 grinding

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Tom Smykowski posted:

I was stuck at 1000+ in arena for awhile until I got wiggs, lando, sth, and boba to g7 then I start reliably climbing. G8 just increased the speed of the climb.

But also gently caress g8 grinding

Ha just wait till g9... good god

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Burning_Monk posted:

I long for the days i grinded for g9

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

So, uh. How long will the Commander Luke go for? I am 122 shards away from seven starring Old Ben.

Dedroc
Jul 23, 2007

Cactus posted:

I just had a bit of a purge, getting rid of all over-a-week-since-last-activity persons from my guild. Sent you an ally invite so if you want to leave Space Slugs Grunt Squad there's a few places available now at the Rocinante.

There's one spot I've been asked to save but there are about five or six available so post your codes if you want one I'll do first come first serve.

Cactus, you still got room man? 744-487-333

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Canemacar posted:

So, uh. How long will the Commander Luke go for? I am 122 shards away from seven starring Old Ben.

we'll know for sure in about 6 hours, but current speculation is two weeks.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Canemacar posted:

If you want to be a dolphin for a bit, I think the Old Ben pack has 80 shards in it...

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

The shard pack is available for two weeks, so probably that.

MorphineMike
Nov 4, 2010

Canemacar posted:

Turns out it's only a week. Good luck!

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Dedroc posted:

Cactus, you still got room man? 744-487-333

I'm in work but I'll get around to inviting you today.

It appears you're already in!

Cactus fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Aug 10, 2017

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

MorphineMike posted:

Turns out it's only a week. Good luck!

Ha, yeah, looks like I'll have to get him next time he comes around. Oh well, this whole thing convinced me to push TFP hard to unlock R2 7 star, which I'm almost at, so not a total loss.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
PS Luke is crazy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejA6-zEeoO4

That guy has him at G11, 278 speed, omegas but zero zetas

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Crumbletron posted:

PS Luke is crazy

gently caress me

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Game is about to become Galaxy of Commander Luke. Hooray for diversity!

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Crumbletron posted:

PS Luke is crazy

How much do you think he spent on getting the character that overpowered?

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
I mean, with an arrow and speed set you'd only need like +80 speed from mods. If he stockpiled the gear and ability mats, and already had the requirements for the event, probably nothing?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Commander Lukes gear requirements ain't poo poo.

250 Carbantis, 150 cuffs, 50 guns. Das alotta Carbantis, sure, but compared to Kenobi/Thrawn, he's a loving cake walk.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

One guy on Reddit posted his GW12 node. Commander Luke, Chaze, GK, and R2. All maxed and geared. RIP

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

Burning_Monk posted:

Doing that right now and agreed

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
TM frontloaded St Han, folks.

The anti-baze. Get it done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I just hit 85 a few weeks ago, so I haven't been able to stockpile anything.