Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This is the plot of a Direct-to-DVD sequel to Behind Enemy Lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

Martian Manfucker posted:

someone said this like 3 pages ago. and they were right. and yet this bad music discussion continues. idgi

https://twitter.com/edzitron/status/895081261487632384

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

This thread got me to listen to some Wingnut Dishwashers Union songs a minute ago and they owned so now I guess I got a whole rabbit hole to go down

Are you making a Pat the Bunny joke? Because give that record a spin too.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

It's pretty good.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

X-Ray Pecs posted:

And the album art's Bush using a gas pump connected to the WTC exploding. And then STZA was in Star loving Hipsters, who wrote a song called 9/11 Was (An Inside Joke).

STZA is an absolute shithead, but No Gods/No Managers loving rips.

I mean most crust punks are shitheads lol

YOU CAN'T PET MY DOG IF YOU DON'T GIVE ME MONEY

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Chapo Trap House: Greywolves in the Throne Room

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dimebags Brain posted:

The only good neofolk band is Rome. He's an anarchist who kicks nazis out of his shows.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=cQbdRYku8ns

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/895041743179177985

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Darkman Fanpage posted:

also leftover crack released an album on 9/11 and then called their next one gently caress world trade

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
actually yeah, leftover crack is kind of the defacto Chapo band I think

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Finicums Wake posted:

Chapo Trap House: Greywolves in the Throne Room

lol

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Hmm, I think there's lots of good music

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

is John Darnielle punk?

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

https://twitter.com/mk_mot13/status/894372769302945792

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

on paper, Choking Victim/everything involving STZA sounds like the lamest thing ever but No Gods/No Managers is really good despite itself.

It is actually the lamest poo poo ever. You are talking about NYC Crustie SKA bands!

SKA BANDS!

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
People talking positively about C-Squat bands is possibly the most triggering thing I've ever had to deal with

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Neon Belly posted:

is John Darnielle punk?

i don't think so but he is johnny five aces so that counts for something

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
ska is cool

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I'd entertain an argument that ska is good, but it's certainly not cool

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Is there a motherfucking reason there's been 600 goddamn posts about loving music in this non-music-related podcast thread

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Apoplexy posted:

Is there a motherfucking reason there's been 600 goddamn posts about loving music in this non-music-related podcast thread

Username/post combo. :thumbsup:

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Apoplexy posted:

there hasn't been a new episode in a week :shrug:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

padijun posted:

there hasn't been a new episode in a week :shrug:

there's a new episode right now, if you're Cool and Good

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Darkman Fanpage posted:

also leftover crack released an album on 9/11 and then called their next one gently caress world trade

I found a copy of gently caress World Trade (which the cover is literally 9/11) at an FYE once

Instant buy

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

on paper, Choking Victim/everything involving STZA sounds like the lamest thing ever but No Gods/No Managers is really good despite itself.

Most of the albums he's on are at least 50% good, but No God's is all good

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

learning so much about the real chicago from this podcast

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Is the mix unusually low? I don't know if I'm going deaf or my earbuds are dying.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Phone posted:

Is the mix unusually low? I don't know if I'm going deaf or my earbuds are dying.

Yeah it's pretty low. There's also three minutes of ambient crowd noise at the end. I think they just put the recording up without editing it.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

oh my dude are we talking anarcho punk

You necessarily have to mention Rudimentary Peni. Their EPs are unfathomably good, and even the weird later stuff where Blinko's psychosis took over has some weird solid merit. The Mob, of course--the opening track off Let The Tribe Increase is unassailable, and the No Doves Fly Here 7" slaps. Flux of Pink Indians is a bit touch-and-go cuz they love goofy sound collage interludes but when they're on (Myxomatosit, Tube Disaster) it's some of the best anarchopunk ever recorded. Poison Girls is famed for having a middle-aged housewife for a vocalist, which nowadays that kind of thing is a gimmick (Grindma, ugh) but taps into something super real about the working class experience under Thatcher. If you wanna go a little later/rowdier (more in the crust realm) Antisect and Conflict are required listening, as well as Napalm Death's Hatred Surge demo (ND was on Bullshit Detector 3, one of the Crass Records comps--all the Billshit Detectors are great and full of obscure rippers).

Once you hit the mid-80s there's the rise and fall of like d-beat and crust as monoliths, which give way in the late 80s to fastcore and powerviolence.

The first Chumbawamba album is basically the only album you ever need though

Big ups to you for answering the question since I didn't check the thread again until today

Moist von Lipwig posted:

lol literally same

jonny hobo and the freight trains ftw

Moist von Lipwig posted:

Jonny hobo and the freight trains
Days n Daze
Andrew Jackson Jihad aka AJJ
Mischief Brew
Ramshackle Glory

also big ups to you, friend, for posting a bunch of great folk punk bands instead is truly the spirit of anarchism

Anyway Chapo Trap House is a good podcast and I enjoy it. Also anyone ITT going to Libertatia this year?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Oh we're talking about Big Ups now?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Neon Belly posted:

is John Darnielle punk?

he's the best and that's all that matters big ups to you too

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

he's the best and that's all that matters big ups to you too

I never listened to All Hail West Texas past Best Ever Death Metal Band before like last weekend but I'm glad I did

Dirt
May 26, 2003

https://twitter.com/crulge/status/895130657227132928

He commented on reddit that this isn't a joke, and they are actually doing this.

Nice.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
https://twitter.com/blippoblappo/status/895301203483136000

RIP

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Holy poo poo.

https://twitter.com/blippoblappo/status/895302475124793345

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
that is a guillotine worthy take right there.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

If you listen closely you can hear me sxreaming so hard I explode

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I think it was on the David Cross or the first Tim Heidecker episode where they said "it feels like every other week I have to learn about another one of these assholes" and that's how I feel reading that poo poo Catherine Campbell wrote

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Realtalk every time I see some upper class poo poo bag who's had life handed to them on a platter going "well actually giving poor people money is bad" like they've ever loving wanted for anything in their life I start planning elaborate death traps

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I don't. A Makarov and a basement room with a drain in the center is as elaborate as we need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Realtalk every time I see some upper class poo poo bag who's had life handed to them on a platter going "well actually giving poor people money is bad" like they've ever loving wanted for anything in their life I start planning elaborate death traps

It's funny because realizing that a lot of people can't even afford the things I took for granted(my dad's a doctor, I can see a doctor whenever I want) was a big part of my radicalization process

I donno how these silver spoon asses don't look around and realize how unjust it all is