Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

Goa Tse-tung posted:

you will run into dps issues in yellow and red maps, don't rely on it

Dunno about that. Hegemony did Guardians on a WoE Duelist using Lacerate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Char posted:

Has anyone any experience with Essence Drain? I just read the description and I might want to go ED-Contagion (Trickster? Occultist?), but sifting through the PoE official forums is not exactly easy for a noob and I don't get if it can be a functional build or not. Mind that I don't have the slightest idea on how the economy works and I wouldn't mind going SSF.

I'm following this build right now and it's really easy going through act 6 at least. I don't have a Tabula Rasa either.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1625254

Not sure how well it scales as you continue though.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Essence Drain is really good, and was buffed this league. Can do almost anything, although by far not the fastest killer. SSF depends on luck, as always, but there are no hard requirements for ED to work.

In terms of ascendencies, both Trickster and Occultist used to be good choices. For now, though, Trickster looks better.

Keep in mind though that while mapping can be done in cheap trash, you'll need a nice stack of orbs to reliably go further. To say exactly how cheap and trashy, you don't really need even a 6-link for until red maps, if not later.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Aug 9, 2017

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Alright so Charged Dash 6L time. I am currently running flat elemental CD with two Fidelitas' Spikes which are obscenely good for this build. I do exclusively Lightning damage. I am very pleased with CD linked with WED, Ruthlessness, and Added Lightning Damage. Lightning Penetration is the next obvious upgrade, which leads me to my problem: I need a 5-off QotF for my 100% ideal setup. Swap Ruthlessness for Faster Attacks and that's still 4-off, which while an order of magnitude easier is still a pain.

Should I just forget the idea of running a QotF entirely and get an EV/ES chest? Carcass Jack perhaps?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

After spending maybe 250-300 jewelers a few at a time trying to 6s my axe I said gently caress it and turned an exalt into 420 jewelers. It took 5 more rolls. I figured hey, at least I have lots of jewelers to trade in for fusings for the 5L. That also took 5. Now have 415 jewelers I have to move. gently caress.

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011

Vasudus posted:

Alright so Charged Dash 6L time. I am currently running flat elemental CD with two Fidelitas' Spikes which are obscenely good for this build. I do exclusively Lightning damage. I am very pleased with CD linked with WED, Ruthlessness, and Added Lightning Damage. Lightning Penetration is the next obvious upgrade, which leads me to my problem: I need a 5-off QotF for my 100% ideal setup. Swap Ruthlessness for Faster Attacks and that's still 4-off, which while an order of magnitude easier is still a pain.

Should I just forget the idea of running a QotF entirely and get an EV/ES chest? Carcass Jack perhaps?

Vorici Calculator actually says you'll only need ~200 chromatics if you do the 1Red1Blue craft through Vorici to get those colors on a QotF. Not great but chromatics are easy to come by at least.

If you don't have any increased area on the tree I'd probably go with the Carcass Jack though. Feels like CD scales really well with increased area, but I haven't done any hard testing. It instantly felt much better to me when I picked up the area nodes near the Templar area + Slayer area nodes.

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

Char posted:

Has anyone any experience with Essence Drain? I just read the description and I might want to go ED-Contagion (Trickster? Occultist?), but sifting through the PoE official forums is not exactly easy for a noob and I don't get if it can be a functional build or not. Mind that I don't have the slightest idea on how the economy works and I wouldn't mind going SSF.

Just to reiterate for the newbies playing this league: SSF is basically a challenge mode for people who are very knowledgeable about the game. Not trading, even if it's just buying a few cheap items, makes your life significantly harder and some builds basically impossible. If you're new it's a pretty terrible idea. Fortunately you can leave it and join the regular harbinger leagues at will so it's not the end of the world if you started not realising that.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Twist And Pout! posted:

Vorici Calculator actually says you'll only need ~200 chromatics if you do the 1Red1Blue craft through Vorici to get those colors on a QotF. Not great but chromatics are easy to come by at least.

If you don't have any increased area on the tree I'd probably go with the Carcass Jack though. Feels like CD scales really well with increased area, but I haven't done any hard testing. It instantly felt much better to me when I picked up the area nodes near the Templar area + Slayer area nodes.

...getting GRRBBB on a 160 dex requirement QotF is 162 attempts of 1R1B for ~2400 chromatics. Swapping out Ruthlessness for Faster Attacks using 1B is 78 attempts for 312 chromatics.

I might just end up using a Carcass Jack and calling it a day.

Invader Zym
Sep 19, 2002
Could I get a guild invite?

IGN: Borbac

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

Dunno about that. Hegemony did Guardians on a WoE Duelist using Lacerate.

interesting, I assume Slayer and not Gladiator like the post I quoted?

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Currently leveling a berserker to try dark pacting it up. Up to 50. What do people think with pledge of hands vs double apep's? Apep seems to give considerably more damage, largely due to the cast speed, but is a big increase in mana cost. I feel like you would want to use a carcass jack with them, for some aoeness and the right socket colors. Pledge gives the free level 30 spell echo, and gives you freer choice for your chest, like using Cherrubim's Maleficence, Kaom's, and what not. MoM is a definite option with pledge, whereas with apeps I feel like it is less of a thing.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

When y'all say SR inquisitor, do you mean SR RF, or is there some SR-only but not CWC build that I'm missing?

nerox
May 20, 2001
So yeah, I was trying to figure out where to get specific upgrades for pantheon and just learned that you can vendor 3 of the same map to get a map the next tier up while reading the wiki.

I was really confused on how people are getting their atlas filled so quickly.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

nerox posted:

So yeah, I was trying to figure out where to get specific upgrades for pantheon and just learned that you can vendor 3 of the same map to get a map the next tier up while reading the wiki.

I was really confused on how people are getting their atlas filled so quickly.

You can also just buy maps off other players, which is likely how most people are filling in their gaps.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I wish they'd just get rid of the trials for uber lab. Trying to find them all solo would take longer than the average human lifespan so you have to have global 820 open constantly waiting for some good samaritan to offer the one you need and it's just loving painful

nerox
May 20, 2001

Vulpes posted:

You can also just buy maps off other players, which is likely how most people are filling in their gaps.

Yeah I have gotten several needed maps from kind goons. I am too bad at keeping currency to actually pay for them. :v:

Wafflecopper posted:

I wish they'd just get rid of the trials for uber lab. Trying to find them all solo would take longer than the average human lifespan so you have to have global 820 open constantly waiting for some good samaritan to offer the one you need and it's just loving painful

I've tried to announce mine in guild chat as I find them. I finally used 820 yesterday to get my last 2. It took about 20 minutes of actually watching the chat to finish it up and I wanted to gouge my eyes out by the end of it.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Wafflecopper posted:

At least they seem to have greatly increased the chance of them appearing.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Wafflecopper posted:

Now try it in SSF.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Hauki posted:

Now try it in SSF.

Yeah nah

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Wafflecopper posted:

After spending maybe 250-300 jewelers a few at a time trying to 6s my axe I said gently caress it and turned an exalt into 420 jewelers. It took 5 more rolls. I figured hey, at least I have lots of jewelers to trade in for fusings for the 5L. That also took 5. Now have 415 jewelers I have to move. gently caress.

Remember that once Vorici hits like level six he'll trade up jeweller's into fusing every day. It's a good deal anyway, and you're only sitting on a few days worth.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

George posted:

Remember that once Vorici hits like level six he'll trade up jeweller's into fusing every day. It's a good deal anyway, and you're only sitting on a few days worth.

Yeah I just hit 6 with him today and realised it wasn't so bad

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Vasudus posted:

...getting GRRBBB on a 160 dex requirement QotF is 162 attempts of 1R1B for ~2400 chromatics. Swapping out Ruthlessness for Faster Attacks using 1B is 78 attempts for 312 chromatics.

I might just end up using a Carcass Jack and calling it a day.

Use the vorici jewellers trick

I just rolled GRBBBB on my qotf for 580 jewellers so believe in your RNG

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Wouldn't the jeweler trick for 6 sockets be incredibly expensive?

Also wouldn't it break links?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

zxqv8 posted:

the goal is to do it with unlinked items with insanely difficult off color requirements

its more or less a guaranteed way of getting 4 off colors

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Booyah- posted:

I'm following this build right now and it's really easy going through act 6 at least. I don't have a Tabula Rasa either.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1625254

Not sure how well it scales as you continue though.

I've been following a guide that sets up ED as the main ability (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1912723) and uses GMP + the passive pierce ring. It looks like that one leans on ED as single target damage and contagion for AOEing trash mobs.

I'm not sure which is better; I suppose I'll just keep going and switch later if it looks better.

Salvor_Hardin fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Aug 9, 2017

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I've been following a guide that sets up ED as the main ability (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1912723) and uses GMP + the passive pierce ring. It looks like that one leans on ED as single target damage and contagion for AOEing trash mobs.

I'm not sure which is better; I suppose I'll just keep going and switch later if it looks better.

Cool, do you have a link to that guide?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I could do the Vorici socket trick it's true. Then I have to 6L it though.

I'll have to see how a 5L QotF plays before I settle on a chest. If that extra movespeed is as good as it sounds for CD I'll have to make it work.

J
Jun 10, 2001

If you were thinking about trying out that new cold damage axe debeon's dirge, buy it now because mathil just made a video outlining his next build which is going to be using it for charged dash or cyclone. Prices on it are probably already on their way up from speculators.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

I was wondering why I suddenly got like five whispers for mine, after having it up for a couple days at 1c with no bites.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Oh, Flicker Strike. Why did I ever stray from your warm, seizure-inducing embrace :flashfap: :catdrugs: :flashfap:

Anyone got any experience with the crit version that uses the new Terminus Est? I want to try it but I'm a bit leery about accuracy at higher levels, cos the passive tree is already spread really thin trying to grab life and crit chance from a Duelist start.

Zephro fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Aug 9, 2017

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
So few pages back I've been wondering about running SSF HC Righteous Fire berserker, and was told that that's a bad idea. I of course laughed and did it either way - and even though so far levelling is ok (as Sunder), I reached level 30 so as soon as I'll get the warcry life regen passive from normal lab, I'm going to see how this works.

One thing though is that I don't have a Ruby Flask yet - and not sure if there's a vendor recipe for getting one? I know that there may be a quest reward with this, but if it already happened (I'm in act 3), I must have taken the usual Quicksilver flask if given a chance.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

kaaj posted:

So few pages back I've been wondering about running SSF HC Righteous Fire berserker, and was told that that's a bad idea. I of course laughed and did it either way - and even though so far levelling is ok (as Sunder), I reached level 30 so as soon as I'll get the warcry life regen passive from normal lab, I'm going to see how this works.

One thing though is that I don't have a Ruby Flask yet - and not sure if there's a vendor recipe for getting one? I know that there may be a quest reward with this, but if it already happened (I'm in act 3), I must have taken the usual Quicksilver flask if given a chance.

The act 2 bear side quest has utility flasks now along with the old belts. Had QS for sure, may have a ruby

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Also what's a good tank build. I'm on a crappy labtop right now and when a breech or something happenes my fps goes to half a fps. Can't really react to the damage so I'm thinking of a max block build which I've never done before. Any suggestions on a build.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Booyah- posted:

Cool, do you have a link to that guide?

I edited the post with it, check the quote.

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004
I wonder if there's beer on the sun?

Vulpes posted:

Don't forget about the orbs harbingers drop (shards, I guess). They are pretty nice for getting different maps.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

MY SR inquisitor is pretty drat tanky, tons of life and life regen while on consecrated ground, plus MOM with the mana regen from cons ground as well

queeb fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Aug 9, 2017

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

J posted:

If you were thinking about trying out that new cold damage axe debeon's dirge, buy it now because mathil just made a video outlining his next build which is going to be using it for charged dash or cyclone. Prices on it are probably already on their way up from speculators.

I gave it a try a few days ago because it was the cheapest weapon with decent damage available, I think with a build designed around it it could have lots of potential with the warcry superbuffing your damage, but the price is already showing 3-5c as the floor where yesterday it was 1c for pages.

I have to imagine at this point the streamers know their market manipulation effects and buy up like 30 of the items on a alt account before announcing their build revolving around it.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Aug 9, 2017

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

zxqv8 posted:

Vasudus posted:

I could do the Vorici socket trick it's true. Then I have to 6L it though.

I'll have to see how a 5L QotF plays before I settle on a chest. If that extra movespeed is as good as it sounds for CD I'll have to make it work.

i started with a 3 socket qotf so it could only go up from there

580 jewellers = 58c, which ~1.1ex

now i gotta spam fusings and believe in the RNG gods

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Was doing just fine with a semi-crit arc witch until literally minutes after I hit level 60, when the drat laser spider oneshot me through ~2800hp, bone offering, basalt, and the multi-element resist flask being active, which felt really weird. Oh well, I didn't want that character anyway.

Is there anything cool past act 7 that I should bother rerolling for? Because so far aside from Act 5 it's all been recycled main areas with side areas that were pulled straight from maps - so nothing new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Hi, could I get a guild invite for Daynab_ ? thanks!