Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Not pictured: the hall being entirely filled with gamers upset about SJWs forcing characters to get breast reductions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Dignity?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
rip Dick

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

Not pictured: the hall being entirely filled with gamers upset about SJWs forcing characters to get breast reductions

And it's stupid because ridiculous cheesecake games are never going away, all that's happening is it's sometimes getting some pushback in games that are not specifically delivery mechanisms for it.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Cheen posted:

Lmfao at the idea that a SA thread can signal boost anything.

Anyway, i come to this thread to see the lovely conservative viewpoints (+ ted rall) so please continue to post the dumdum bad twitter comics

Hey SA is like #7 most popular site with millennials. It's been proven by science.

Seriously though, if you really want to share the cutesy nazi garbage, it'd be cool if you rehosted the pics on some anonymous thing like imgur instead of embedding the twits.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Cat Mattress posted:

Seriously though, if you really want to share the cutesy nazi garbage, it'd be cool if you rehosted the pics on some anonymous thing like imgur instead of embedding the twits.

Yeah I don't like clicking on it to see the all-too-small text.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Feinne posted:

And it's stupid because ridiculous cheesecake games are never going away, all that's happening is it's sometimes getting some pushback in games that are not specifically delivery mechanisms for it.

The "fun" thing about that is what happened with the series Senran Kagura, and if you don't know what that is and don't feel like looking at the wikipedia article, is a series about underage titty ninjas. Games like that were usually defended with "well that's just the free market at work :smuggo:," but the developers looked at the numbers and said "huh, we're alienating a lot of people (and their money) by being so full of underage titty ninjas, maybe if we toned that down we'd be able to attract people (and their money)." Which, of course, is not the free market at work, but "SJW CENSORSHIP :byodood:" because of course it is.

Of course, it's also a handy scapegoat for publishers, too: the official reason for not bringing over the latest Dead or Alive volleyball game was "there would be social pushback," but it's pretty obvious the real reason was "there aren't enough people willing to buy our lovely breast delivery system to justify the costs involved in localizing it."

Games catering to them are "free market at work," games catering to anybody else are just pandering or virtue signalling or whatever, because of course only straight white manly men play video games because they will go to great lengths to chase out anybody else who shows an interest.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

MechaCrash posted:

The "fun" thing about that is what happened with the series Senran Kagura, and if you don't know what that is and don't feel like looking at the wikipedia article, is a series about underage titty ninjas. Games like that were usually defended with "well that's just the free market at work :smuggo:," but the developers looked at the numbers and said "huh, we're alienating a lot of people (and their money) by being so full of underage titty ninjas, maybe if we toned that down we'd be able to attract people (and their money)."

According to that Wikipedia article, the last published Senran Kagura video game is a third-person shooter where girls in bikinis shoot each other with super-soakers until their bikinis fall off

so I'm not exactly sure "we should tone it down" was their takeaway

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

loquacius posted:

According to that Wikipedia article, the last published Senran Kagura video game is a third-person shooter where girls in bikinis shoot each other with super-soakers until their bikinis fall off

so I'm not exactly sure "we should tone it down" was their takeaway

The talk about toning it down was on Twitter, and done after their last release. The gaters went apeshit about a half a month ago about it, I believe.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Cat Mattress posted:

Hey SA is like #7 most popular site with millennials. It's been proven by science.

As a millennial posting on SomethingAwful, this checks out.

Also here's a Fish I don't think I posted.

Hey, want to hear an oxymoron? Military intelligence, am I right?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

As a millennial posting on SomethingAwful, this checks out.

Also here's a Fish I don't think I posted.

Hey, want to hear an oxymoron? Military intelligence, am I right?

this is a tweet with a picture under it

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

loquacius posted:

Sounds like a Fish cartoon, yeap.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

loquacius posted:

Hey c'mon.

That is way too many characters for a tweet. It's clearly a tumblr post.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

MechaCrash posted:

The "fun" thing about that is what happened with the series Senran Kagura, and if you don't know what that is and don't feel like looking at the wikipedia article, is a series about underage titty ninjas. Games like that were usually defended with "well that's just the free market at work :smuggo:," but the developers looked at the numbers and said "huh, we're alienating a lot of people (and their money) by being so full of underage titty ninjas, maybe if we toned that down we'd be able to attract people (and their money)." Which, of course, is not the free market at work, but "SJW CENSORSHIP :byodood:" because of course it is.

Of course, it's also a handy scapegoat for publishers, too: the official reason for not bringing over the latest Dead or Alive volleyball game was "there would be social pushback," but it's pretty obvious the real reason was "there aren't enough people willing to buy our lovely breast delivery system to justify the costs involved in localizing it."

Games catering to them are "free market at work," games catering to anybody else are just pandering or virtue signalling or whatever, because of course only straight white manly men play video games because they will go to great lengths to chase out anybody else who shows an interest.

I actually feel bad for the developers of some games with creepo poo poo because the actual game parts are sometimes really solid but the majority of people will just discount them because they're either buying the game for creepo reasons or not buying the game for the same reasons, leaving only people like me who are dead inside to appreciate the work they did on game systems.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

gently caress this dude! He makes all us creepy dudes pretending to be Anime girls on the Internet look bad.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

This one made me laugh

HAT FETISH posted:

At least they're completely loving incompetent on a technical level for the most part

"This bigger guy held me against the wall."
"But sexual harassment requires power!!"

"Help! I built a strawman and it fell over on me and now I can't get back up!!"

Uhhh, I think you'll find that women have the exact same right to maternity leave and to have an abortion as men :smuggo:

Duke Igthorn fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Aug 9, 2017

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Cat Mattress posted:

To this day, I am still not sure if I'm just an old as gently caress millennial or a young as hell gen-xer.

Also, lol at us being a news forum and not a comedy forum anymore. Knew the forum wasn't funny no more.

Cat Mattress posted:

This is good advice though.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

World Famous W posted:

Also, lol at us being a news forum and not a comedy forum anymore.

The Trump era kind of sort of blurred the lines a bit.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

A Fox News Geography Cartoon

I prefer to think this is a "History of the World Part 1" reference instead of "2001: ASO"

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

World Famous W posted:

To this day, I am still not sure if I'm just an old as gently caress millennial or a young as hell gen-xer.

Also, lol at us being a news forum and not a comedy forum anymore. Knew the forum wasn't funny no more.

This is good advice though.

To be fair I learn about most celebrity deaths from this thread, so it kinda makes sense.

And if it makes you feel better I know kids born in 2001 who aren't sure if they're millennials or post-millennials.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Sandpuppy posted:

A Fox News Geography Cartoon

Glen Mccoy is a loving idiot

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Id pay money to see ted rall attempt to draw a world map

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

What is he talking about? The DOE loan? That was paid back in full with interest, and now they are going to make billions from the model 3.

:psyduck:

Edit*
And that's not to mention the huge amounts of money the government just straight up gives the coal and gas industries.

And the subsidies all the other car manufactures get.

:psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck:

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Aug 9, 2017

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Cheen posted:

Id pay money to see ted rall attempt to draw a world map

Here's part of the world

And here's America

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

Pretty sure they're all in the door on the right

Koishi Komeiji posted:

gently caress this dude! He makes all us creepy dudes pretending to be Anime girls on the Internet look bad.

Only a woman would look at bra-burning and first think "those women are going to experience nipple chafing" :colbert:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

I can only imagine how erect Payne was making this. At long last, a topically-relevant excuse to draw a bigass car and slap a label on the bumper.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

RERORT

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the north-south divide – Study finds more young adults are dying before their time in the north of England than the south – and the gap is widening"

Independent:

No ‘first lady’ title for Brigitte Macron after petition over her status

Times:

Game of Thrones stars' personal details leaked as HBO hackers demand ransom

Evening Standard:

Mail:
Mac on...Roman Abramovich's divorce

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Guest work by a Mr. Scoobert Doo.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

The great thing is that bra-burning is one of those things that never actually happened.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

After The War posted:

The great thing is that bra-burning is one of those things that never actually happened.

Huh, TIL.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

lelandjs posted:

Huh, TIL.

http://www.snopes.com/history/american/burnbra.asp
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_America_protest#Origin_of_.22bra-burning.22

But it's such a perfect straw woman combination of "dirty hippie" and "crazy feminist" it caught on. Like McKee's Manbun Liberals, if anyone (else) actually read politoons.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

HAT FETISH posted:

I went to that silly comics person's twitter and clicked around a bit and wow uh poorly drawn cutesy neo-nazi webcomics seem to be kind of a burgeoning scene? At least they've all got fuckall followers from what I can tell, but goddamn

https://twitter.com/Red_Panels/status/893598929723559938

At least they're completely loving incompetent on a technical level for the most part

What the gently caress is this?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

After The War posted:

Like McKee's Manbun Liberals, if anyone (else) actually read politoons.

Sorensen was big on this one too, when she was Very Mad At Hipsters immediately post-election

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

What the gently caress is this?

I recommend that you don't find out, you'll be happier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

ow oof ouch

• Locked thread